Oh, What the Hell, Lu Han..?

Cupid Called, He Said to Give My Heart Back

Sehun, as per Chanyeol's and Jongin's and the rest of the Council's very, very detailed instructions, had finally reached the Field. With a capital 'F' because it's big enough to earn its own capital letter.

 

Now, as he paused at the door that led to the outside world, he waited until his breaths were steady and even before pushing the doors open. The outside, the back of their building, was huge. Sadly, for Sehun, his vocabulary wasn't very wide, so he opted for 'big'. Various sports were being held in every corner of the Field. On the far right, he saw a bunch of men in red and white uniforms running around while passing a black-and-white ball with their feet . With his position right now, he could almost imagine what team that was.

 

He was just about to back away when he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Oh, hey! You here for the tryouts?" A smiley man said to him. Beside him was a smaller man who resembled an anchovy. "What sport do you play?" The smiley man said again, his smile never wavering. 

 

"Um, I'm looking for the soccer team--"

 

"Soccer? Great! You're in luck, because the two of us are in the soccer team!" Smiley man cheered, slinging an arm around Sehun's shoulders and the other arm around the other guy's shoulders.

 

"I'm Donghae, by the way. And this guy's Hyukjae. Well? Come on! Let's get you acquainted with the team!" he said, as he pushed the doors open with his . "Uh, um. But, I'm actually told to wait for Lu Han hyung here, and--" Sehun got interrupted with his rants when Smiley- Donghae, stopped in his steps. "Did you say... Lu Han?" he said, as he slowly turned towards the younger.

 

Donghae gave his friend a wary look, who in turn just shrugged. "As in, the Lu Han? As in the 'Demon Vice Captain of the Soccer Team' Lu Han? Why? What do you need with him? What is wrong with you? Are you okay in there?" He said, knocking onto Sehun's temples lightly. 

 

"Um, what's wrong with looking for Lu Han hyung?" Sehun said, rubbing the spots where Donghae hit him.

 

"Oh, nothing much. Just that he has a tendency to overwork us, and push anyone to the limit," Donghae shrugged casually. 

 

All of a sudden, Hyukjae's hands flew onto Donghae's face and covered his mouth. "He's just kidding. Lu Han is actually nice, once you get to know him better," he said slowly. Dongahe finally managed to swat Hyukjae's hands away. "Just because you two are close doesn't mean he's not biased!" Donghae whined, flailing his arms around him.

 

Sehun could only sidestep as he watched the two argue. "You're just jealous because I wasn't included in the punishment!" Hyukjae answered. "Oh yeah? Maybe I was jealous! Whatchu gonna do about it, huh?" Donghae threatened.

 

Sehun felt like he should just run out to the Field, and leave the two to argue by themselves. As he was about to "sneakily" make his escape, the door to the field swung open, and in came a sweaty Lu Han, carrying a muddy soccer ball under his arm.

 

 "There you two are! Coach and I've been looking everywhere for you!" he said, pointing at the two who instantly pushed each other away and faced Lu Han. "W-We're sorry!" they both yelled as they both made a 90-degree bow towards the smaller male. Lu Han wasn't even fazed by the two's actions, and then he turned and saw Sehun, about to run for his life.

 

"Oh, Sehun-ah. What brings you here?" Lu Han asked the younger, wiping his hands onto his shorts as he motions for the younger to come closer. "What, do you need anything from hyung? Or is it Minseok you need?" Lu Han said, tilting his head to the side in a cute manner.

 

As much as Lu Han would want to tell off the members who were slacking off, and maybe even trying to run off, he couldn't. Not when Chanyeol's adorable cousin is around. He may not have the best first impression of each other, "But the kid's cute!" Lu Han whines mentally, as he waved the two members back to the team for practice.

 

"Um, Lu Han... hyung." Sehun said softly. He added the quiet hyung at the end, as to not be so rude, since the shorter male is older than Sehun. "Yeah, Sehun-ah?" Lu Han replied, as he produced a fresh towel from his pocket to wipe sweat from his angelic face. Sehun can't say it out loud, nor can he tell his friends Tao and Kai, not even his favorite cousin Chanyeol, that he finds his Lu Han hyung adorable.

 

"What is it, Sehun? I need to get back to practice, too." Lu Han said, tucking his towel back into his pocket. "U-Um, do you remember what Yifan hyung told us earlier? Well, he told me that we were partners, so--"

 

"Wait, what?!"

 

Sehun was cut off by Lu Han's wail. "Um," Sehun started. Okay, bad move! Lu Han thought. "N-No, I didn't mean it like that! I meant, uh... I meant-- Wait!" Lu Han wasn't given the chance to finish, since Sehun did what his legs can do best: run away.

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

"And then... And then, h-h-he ran away from me!" Lu Han cried into Minseok's sweaty jersey. He didn't care. He couldn't give a , after practically scaring off a potential, cute friend. The whole team was surrounding the now crying Vice Captain, all members' faces filled with either fear, pity, or both. Even the Coach was looking sorry for the kid. Minseok just sighed as he rubbed Lu Han's back soothingly. "Maybe he's just not used to your, um... tendencies, y'know?" Minseok said softly.

 

"W-What tendencies?" Lu Han said, sniffing up snot as he slowly looked up to meet Minseok's eyes. "You know, your, erm, tendency to overreact?" Minseok said with a slight blush, whilst rubbing the back of his neck bashfully. Oh, boy. I don't want to have a heart-to-heart talk with him with the entire Field watching, Minseok thought to himself.

 

He then sneakily pulled out his phone and sent and 'SOS!' message to the rest of their group of friends, hopefully one of them would be able to distract the growing number of bystanders so Minseok and Lu Han can make an excape to either of the their houses.

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

Sehun kept on running until his legs gave way. He ended up in front of a dance studio. He looked around his surroundings, and found out that he's in the Performing Arts building. He can hear some soft singing from one end, and a few familiar lines from plays and musicals down the other.

 

He decided to check the studio out, so he pushed the door slowly, hoping he would not make any noise, but the moment he pushed open half of the door open, he hit something, and that something yelled, "Ouch! Hey, watch it!", and that something was none other than his childhood friend Kim Kai himself. "Jongin?" Sehun said.

 

The lights were immediately flicked on, thank you, Jongin, and he saw the spotless floor and the mirrors on two walls, and of course Jongin in a plain white shirt and sweatpants. "What're you doing here, kid?" said boy got up to a sitting position. He rubbed the sleep away from his eyes, and opened his mouth to let out a loud, and big yawn. "Didn't Kris hyung tell you to pick up Lu Han hyung?" he added.

 

"Who's 'Kris'?" Sehun asked, with a confused expression on his face. "Oh, right. Kris is the President, Yifan's, other name. So, yeah. Why're you here again?" Jongin asked, this time, he was scratching his belly, like, ew, Jongin, have some self-respect, but if you've got that kinda body, then it's cool. "Oh, right. Luhan. Hyung. Well, he, uh..." Sehun stammered. Jongin then noticed, and was fully awake now, so he invited the maknae to sit down with him on the floor.

 

So when the two were settled down on the floor, with Sehun's head placed on Jongin's lap, heaven knows how Jongin managed to get Sehun to agree, and the elder of the two was running his fingers through the younger's hair. "So, you were saying?" Jongin said softly. "Well, like what President hyung said, I went to the Field to pick up Lu Han hyung. And then, I was checking from the inside, and these two guys saw me, and started talking away. But then I told them I was looking for Lu Han hyung, and they said he was a 'slave-driver-slash-vice-captain-of-the-soccer-team' and that I must be out of my mind to go looking for him." Sehun said.

 

He paused for a breath, relief washed over him when he saw Jongin with his eyes closed, but was nodding and humming some song under his breath. "And then--" Sehun was about to continue, but was interrupted when all the lights were , and soon enough, the room was bright. And Sehun was still lying down with his head in Jongin's lap, in the center of the room. 

 

A tall slender guy with shoulder-length honey-brown hair walked up to them. "Jongin? I didn't know you broke up with Chanyeol hyung, you sly dog, you!" the guy said, kicking Jongin awake. Jongin could only scowl at the other boy, as he gently pushed Sehun up into a sitting position. "Hush your mouth, Taemin. Sehunnie and I were just having a heart-to-heart talk, is all," Jongin shrugged. The other guy, Taemin, just nodded, as if he fully understood. "Okay. I understand." he answered curtly. "What I don't understand is why you two had to go on 'lovey-dovey' mode, and in the center of the room, too." Taemin said, as he ushered both Jongin and Sehun to one side of the room, as more boys enterd the room.

 

"Also, can't you leave your little girlfriend for a while, because practice is starting in a few," Taemin added, as he nodded towards the guy nearest to the cd player, aka the ipod dock, aka the only double-socket in the room. Jongin looked at Sehun with affection, but Sehun just stuck his tongue out at him, and that gave Jongin one of his best ideas yet... "Nope. Hunnie's gonna try out for the team!" Jongin announced, as he pulled Sehun up to his feet.  Suddenly, Sehun was swarmed with new faces, including that of Taemin's. "Oh really? Let's see what you've got.." Taemin said. And he hit 'play'.

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

Minseok was nearly having a panic attack, what with Lu Han having his way with the elder's jersey, and was crying his heart out, plus mucus, and saliva, and all that jazz. The whole team, or, what was left of the team, had still been there, watching the two hyungs cry, as the other one comforts. Minseok had then shut his eyes in despair, as he silently prayed. "Come on, you guys! Please! We are one, right? We can do this! Someone, help! Please! Please! This is an emergency situation! Help! Anyone!" In his mind, he kept on repeating these words.

 

As if on cue, the double doors which connected to the Performing Arts building, were swung open by none other than Byun Baekhyun, with Chanyeol and Jongdae holding the doors open, as the entire Brass and Wind band of the school filed out, playing an unfamiliar tune as they marched across the Field. Their coach, "Ya-Boy-Shimminy-Shim-Shims" was surprised, and got flustered, so as he was about to  run over to stop the band from marching over to the Field, and disrupting the practice, he ended up tripping. On air. Live. 

 

The band stopped playing, and silence enveloped the entire Field. The three-second silence was broken by Chanyeol's roar of a laughter, and the  snorts and hoots and whistles that came from both Baekhyun and Jongdae. "That's our Captain Shim, right there!" the three shouted, as they doubled-over with laughter. The band were stock-still, as they watched the Captain slowly get up on his feet, half of his face covered with mud. 

 

And in no time at all, Captain Shim, along with the entire soccer team (minus Lu Han and Minseok), were all charging at the Beagle Line, who were running full speed in front of the band, who was running as well. The prankster trio turned a sharp left, and once they passed by Minseok and Lu Han, and with a smile, they flipped their hyung off. Minseok scowled, but hey, he wasn't the one who came up with their group's dumb signal. So instead of yelling his dongsaengs off, he pulled Lu Han by the arm as they made a run for it, the Beagles successfully diverting the Captain's and the team's attentions to them, so Minseok and Lu Han could run.

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

A good ten minutes of running later, Lu Han and  Minseok arrived at the latter's house, his nice mother opened the door for them, and now they were lying on the floor in Minseok's room, staring at the glow in the dark astronomy stickers they had stuck back when they were still in grade school. A heavy silence surrounded them. Minseok's mother had then called one of her best friends, Lu Han's mom, to say that he would be staying over for dinner. A second had only passed when Minseok decided to speak up:

 

"Now, tell me again why you're crying, and how you scared Sehun off?"

 


This took too long to write, I'm sorry... Also, I apologize if the fonts are too tiny, since I only retained this one's previous chapters' writing format/layout... Well, hope I can start the week right, and update regularly.

Oh, right! Updates for Status Quos will come shortly, and for those subscribed to Dads From the EXO Planet, I'm sorry, but writing one chapter with not just five POV's, but including the PD-nim's POV makes it a grand total of six perspectives, and making sure that I write the way (I think) they think is pretty stressful...

Okay, I'm stalling... I'm gonna try to post another chapter for this, Cupid..., and I can get the HunHan friendship started, so they can already begin their self-proclaimed missions! Yay! Yehet!

BaekChen is the first pairing, btw... Thank you for subscribing! I hope you enjoy the update!! Also, I'd like to apologize for the typos, since I finished this last night, okay, it was 2 AM, so what, and I haven't checked the whole chapter since..!