You Don't Make Friends By Dumping Your Food On Them

Cupid Called, He Said to Give My Heart Back

Not all people have experienced true love. Not even fairy tales can tell. A perfect love is rare and unique, but not impossible. But sometimes, the rockier the path, the better the love story. And plus, telling the kids about how you met your other half would be even more fun as it is!

 

That's what Lu Han, an incoming high school senior, believed in. He believed that everyone, no matter the race, age, religion, genre, and ual preference deserved their own happy endings. He was a er for them. He's memorized every Disney movie by heart, replayed all of the soundtrack albums he owned, watched every chick flick he could lay his hands on.

Not that he's gay, or anything. But that doesn't mean he's a homophobe. No sir. Though as much as he hates to admit it, but he gets hit on by guys more often than girls do. 

 

But enough of that! It's time to get the ball rolling...

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

Lu Han woke up just right. The sun wasn't shining too much. His hair wasn't sticking up in various directions. He didn't fall out of bed like last time. And most importantly, he woke up with an hour and a half to spare. He yawned, and stretched before eventually getting out of his soft and fluffy cocoon made out of two layers of comforters and one blanket. He got into the bathroom, took a quick shower (and by quick, he meant by singing T****r S***t's '1989'  entire album), brushed his teeth, and sat down in front of his vanity to style his hair.

 

He was thinking of just arranging them like he normally does, as he rifled through his curly, blond hair, trying out a few facial expressions before getting up to get breakfast. As per usual, his parents had already left for work. He decided on some cereal, because, 'You can't go wrong with cereal.' He was done washing his spoon and bowl when he almost forgot to grab his wallet, his phone, and his house keys. 

 

He jogged out into the backyard to get his bicycle, but then stopped when he saw that the chain was still hanging loose, so, the bike's a no-go. He wanted to ride his bike to school to re-start his habit, and to save money from riding the bus. He huffed, before trudging down the street to the bus stop. The usual, blue bus came rolling down, the inside not that full yet, since it was still a good twenty-five minutes before seven. His classes start at ten, but he liked to take walks around the campus, and bothering his friends who were in the Student Council is fun.

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

Lu Han always, always, sits on the last row of the bus. He'd gotten used to it ever since entering high school, since he had a bunch of friends who were touchy-feely and flat out rambunctious, and sitting together were a must for them all. 

 

Upon getting on the bus, he slowly made his way to the back, but stopped dead on his tracks when he saw a man sprawled on top. The man was wearing a blue LA Dodgers baseball jacket over a black v-neck shirt, and had a snapback covering his face. He was hugging his backpack in front of him, clutching onto his phone religiously. Soft snores can be heard from the man, whose long limbs occupied the entire row, which could fit Lu Han and his five other friends, and with enough room to mess around.

 

Lu Han plopped down on a seat one row in front of the last, sighing loudly, hoping that the guy would wake up and sit up. But alas, Daddy Long Legs ( Lu Han thought this was fitting for the guy ) was still slumbering peacefully, and he could see that they were only  three kilometers away from school. Lu Han groaned. 

 

He didn't want to do this, but when the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

 

He yanked out one of the guy's earphones and yelled a loud "Yah!" in his ear. The man bolted upright, removed his snapback, and looked around with groggy eyes. He saw Lu Han wearing a sly grin on his face, and narrowed his eyes. 

 

The tough gets going... for help.

 

The bus came to an abrupt stop, causing Lu Han to fall into the awoken man's arms. "Holy cheeseballs! That was close," he said, pushing himself off of the other guy, who was still half-asleep, but he saw that the guy had this iron-grip on his wrist. Lu Han could hear Justin Bieber, ew, playing from the earpiece he was still holding, 'Boyfriend' drifting into the air. The close proximity made Lu Han blush lightly, 'He's pretty cute,' he thought, catching himself smiling a little.

 

The cute guy then was slowly drifting back into his sleep, hence his hold onto Lu Han was loosening. He then pulled his wrist free and made his way four rows away from the back, hoping not to encounter "Daddy-Long-Legs-But-Actually-A-Cutie" again.

 

Okay, that was a lie.

 

He'd like to meet the dude again, but maybe when he's awake and sober?

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

Contrary to popular belief, Lu Han is not as childish as his friends make him seem. Sure, he likes anything cute, but he can still be manly as hell. His permanent position in the school's soccer team is proof of it. Along with his best friend Minseok, this will be their last year in the team. Last year wasn't a good year for them, what with sophomore-now-junior forward Choi Minho got injured. But with him now up and running about, the Wolves will be on the run once again.

 

He skipped his way to the Student Council room where his cousin Yifan, much to his chagrin, and his other friends were hanging out. He came in with a bright grin, his cheery voice announcing his entrance. "Good morning, you guys!" he said, smiling his way around the other occupants of the room. The members of the Council gave a variety of reactions: Yifan groaned into his hands, Junmyeon just smiled, patting Yifan on the shoulder encouragingly, Yixing nodded at him, a lazy smile accompanied by his infamous dimple, and Kyungsoo just stared at him. 

 

Of course, he ignored them all. He jumped down on the couch beside the long table they were all seated. "What are you doing here this early?" Junmyeon asked, rearranging papers in front of him. "I got up early, but the others aren't here yet, so, I might as well grace you people with my presence!" Lu Han chirped, grabbing at Yifan's can of coffee, chugging down the contents before placing the can back in its place.

 

"Don't you have soccer practice?" Yifan said in an annoyed tone. Lu Han shrugged, "Morning practice got cancelled," he said quietly, hugging the penguin plushie beside him. Yifan whispered something to Junmyeon, who nodded once, and turned to look at Kyungsoo, who got up from his seat and ran out the door. "Hey, no backstabbing in front of me!" Lu Han whined. 

 

"What are you talking about, Lu? We were just having a nice conversation about, uh... Council stuff." Yifan said, flashing Lu Han his signature gummy smile. Kyungsoo returned, dragging a flailing Chanyeol by the ear behind him. "Ow! Ow! Ow! Let go! Please! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I swear it wasn't me! I won't forget to bring out the trash anymore! I'm sorry for eating your cake-- Oh ! I shouldn't have said that!" he wailed, holding onto the door frame for dear life.

 

"He's here. What now?" Kyungsoo said, forcefully pusing the taller male onto the couch beside Lu Han, earning a whine from both males. "Chanyeol, didn't you say your cousin Sehun will be attending this school?" Junmyeon said, earning Lu Han's undivided attention. Lu Han loved making new friends. And a new student would mean a new plaything distraction for Lu Han's never ending energy. 

 

The senior's face brightened at the mention of a new student. He immediately latched himself onto Chanyeol's arm before flooding him with questions. "Chanyeol-ah, tell me more about your cousin! How old is he? What does he like to do? Dislikes? What are his favorite food? Does he like bubble tea? Or is he a coffee person? When's his birthday? What's his favorite color? Does he play sports? What's--"

 

"Ah, hyung! Shut up!" Chanyeol roared, with all his deep voiced glory. He got everyone's attention, plus Lu Han stopped talking, and immediately closed his mouth. He looked tearful for a moment, then he jumped up and ran over to Yifan and backhugged him. "Yifan! Chanyeol's bullying me! Your best friend's bullying me!" he wailed into Yifan's broad shoulders.

 

Yifan and the rest gave out a collective sigh. Junmyeon and Kyungsoo, what with their motherly instincts, came over and rubbed Lu Han's back. "Aww, is our Lu Hannie hyung crying?" a voice rang out. At the doorway, their stood Kim Jongin in the freshmen's prescribed uniform. He was Chanyeol's boyfriend since middle school, and one of Lu Han's closest friends. Behind him was a grumpy-looking Tao, another one of Lu Han's cousins. 

 

"What are you all doing here so early?" Yifan said, addressing the newcomers. "Well, apparently, Chanyeol over there dragged us with him to pick up his cousin from the airport at midnight. Poor kid must still have jetlag." Tao groaned, draping an arm around Jongin's shoulders. "But he's your friend, too!" Chanyeol whined from where he was sitting. 

 

"Yeah right, the idiot even switched our names!" Jongin shrugged. "Anyways, here I am. Suho hyung, please take care of me this time around again!" Jongin smiled at his cousin. Junmyeon could only blush at the mention of his grade school nickname, 'Suho', since he was always elected as President, and that he promised to protect his friends and the student body.

 

"Taozi! Tell me more about Chanyeol-ah's cousin! You too, Jongin!" Lu Han said, bounding up to the younger boys. "Here we go again," Yifan, Chanyeol, Junmyeon, Kyungsoo all said in unison, sighing in practiced timing, which then led to snapping Yixing out of his trance-like state.

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

"Sooo, how was Chanyeol's cousin? What's he like?" Lu Han prodded Tao and Jongin for information. Lu Han, Tao, Chanyeol, and Jongin were by then kicked out by Yifan, so now they were on their way to the school canteen. "One at a time, hyung. One at a time," Jongin chuckled. He ruffled Lu Han's hair before speaking again. "See, Sehunnie's a good kid. He's a few months younger than me, but we still baby him. He has this, dumb," he said, pausing to contort his face into a constipated one, "pokerfaced look on his face all the time." Jongin said, earning a laugh from Chanyeol and a hoot from Tao.

 

"True, true. The kid's a whiner, too." Tao piped up, without looking up from his phone. They were just about to turn at the next corner when they heard voices from behind them.

 

"But, hyung! I don't want to go to class!" The voice came from Byun Baekhyun, who was being dragged by the arm by Minseok, who was gleefully smiling, and was pulling a half-asleep Jongdae with his other hand. "Oh, hush, now, Baekhyun! Oh, look! There they are!" Minseok said, upon looking up, he saw Lu Han and his companions, so the shorter male made a run for it, dragging the two boys behind him. 

 

The group made their way inside the canteen, and headed off to their usual table. "So this is what high school feels like," Jongin muttered. Baekhyun and Jongdae hit him upside the head with a laugh. "Idiot! Wait till opneing ceremony. Then you can say that!" Baekhyun said with a smirk. "Hey!" Chanyeol said. He hugged Jongin in a protective way before standing his ground.

 

He was at most less than a foot taller than Baekhyun and Jongdae, who both look anything but scared. "What?" the two said simultaneously. Lu Han could only groan and shovel more mashed potatoes in his mouth. "Don't hurt my Nini!" Chanyeol whined, his baritone voice echoing throughout the whole canteen. A few heads turn, most likely freshmen, while the rest don't. A collective groan erupted from the other students in the canteen.

 

It was a usual occurance for the so-called 'Beagle Line' to get into arguments with each other. The three, Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Chanyeol, were the school's infamous master pranksters, and number one enemy of the Student Council. They pull pranks on students, faculty, each other, and of course the Council members. No one is safe from the three...

 

Except for one...

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

Lu Han had already finished two servings of mashed potatoes, and the trio still haven't finished their little fight. Minseok was busying himself with the steamed buns he has piled on a plate in front of him, Tao and Jongin were having their own 2048 showdown, with them at neck and neck with the scores. Lu Han sighed and got up with his tray. He dumped his used bowls and spoons at the waste station, and headed back to the line. 

 

As he approached the lunch lady, he saw the chef bring out a pot of cream of mushroom soup, the menu said so, and was practically bouncing on the balls of his feet the moment the lunch lady placed a heaping bowl on his tray. He grabbed a spoon and a glass of orange juice before making his way back to their table. 

 

He was almost there when he bumped into someone. Then everything went black...

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

He fell on his , luckily, he wasn't harmed. He had his eyes closed, but he patted all over his body to check for some bruises.

 

None.

 

But where on earth did his soup land?

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

"Yow! That's hot! Dammit! Yah, watch where you're going!" He heard a deep voice yell. Once he opened his eyes, he was once again face to face with the guy who was asleep on the bus. Same shirt, same jacket, same snapback. Only now, he was donning Lu Han's cream of mushroom soup, dripping down his black shirt onto his jeans. His face, which isn't covered by his cap, which I might add, was contorted into a pained expression.

 

Chanyeol and the others rushed up to Lu Han and helped them up to their feet. "I'm so sorry! Oh my god! I can pay for your--"

 

"Hey! You were that kid on the bus this morning!" the guy said, who was now standing tall and proud, towering over Lu Han. He has this annoyed expression on his face, and Lu Han could only cower behind Chanyeol, who could rival the new guy's height. 

 

"Hunnie, you know Lu Han hyung?" Chanyeol said, trying to calm the other boy down. 

 

"What? Hyung? This little girl is my hyung?" the guy, Hunnie, said in a mocking tone. 

 

"Y-Yah! I'm not a girl!" Lu Han squeaked, but hid behind Chanyeol when they guy only glared at him. 

 

Chanyeol could only sigh. "Jongin, could you take Sehun home with you, and get him changed? Tao, you go with them," he said, dismissing the two with the new guy, Hunnie  Sehun.

 

Sehun.

 

Chanyeol called him 'Hunnie'.

 

Jongin said something about 'Sehunnie'.

 

Junmyeon said Chanyeol's cousin's name was 'Sehun'.

 

"." Lu Han said out loud. 

 

", indeed." Chanyeol said, shaking his head. Baekhyun and Jongdae finally caught up, and then began laughing their heads off. Minseok only sighed, and patted Lu Han on the back before picking up the fallen tray, bowl, and utensils. 

 

For the first time in forever, Lu Han felt like crying.


 

Author's note:

Here's the long-awaited first chapter! I hope I managed to get everyone's interests..?

 

So, yeah. As you can see, I think I've drifted from the main story, but basically, I'm gonna have to build up Lulu's and Sehunnie's friendship first... Or at least try to portray a one-sided friendship. Oh, and yeah. KaiYeol is gonna be an established relationship here. 

 

This is the arrangement of arcs, or the "Project: Cupid" couples to work on:

 

1. ChenBaek

2. KrisHo

3. XiuSoo

 

So obviously, Tao is Gucci-ual, and Lay doesn't really care about relationships. So basically, he's the hippie kinda dude who gives his friends some advice like he's high on something, but they actually make sense. Sorta.

 

I'll probably be updating next week, the same time as I posted this one, and maybe by tomorrow, I'll update my other stuff. Thanks for checking this one out. I hope you enjoyed it! Stay tuned for the next chapters!!