Apology accepted?

THE CURXE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three days after our argument I was still steaming. It seemed like  each hour of each day that passed I only became more pissed off at him. It was fine if he  never thought of me as someone who could become his significant other. Being rejected in that aspect would never hurt as much as him saying that some other girl meant more to him. Or that some other girl who he  barely knew had been there more him in one year than I had in five. All of the efforts that I had invested in our friendship seemed to have been overlooked because of a party girl with nice body. I honestly couldn't believe it. I didn't want to think of YongGuk let alone see him, but luck was never that nice to me. 

I had intro to biology today which meant that I would not only see him but sit less than eight centimeters from him. As I made my way down the brightly lit hallway I prayed that he skipped class today. I just knew that he would try the same old tricks he always did when I was pissed at him. He would try to make a joke here and there until I laughed. If I was really pissed he would even make himself cringe by doing ageyo, but that wasn't going to cut it this time. Sorry was not a word in YongGuk's vocabulary, but he was going to have to figure out a way to say it if he wanted to make me even slightly less upset. Who knows maybe even that wouldn't be enough.

I pulled open one of the double doors to the lecture hall and my eyes immediately landed on YongGuk. He was focused on his notebook causing his hair to shield his eyes. He was wearing a beany I had brought him for Christmas and a slouchy black tee shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.The collar of his shirt was relaxed enough that it slightly showed the top of his chest tattoo near his collar bones. Any other day I would probably be in a trance due to his appearance but today they were just fleeting observations.

 

"Hey, Areum.." His voice was low like a child's who had just gotten scolded.

I dropped by books down with unnecessary force making sure to ignore his greeting.

"look I .." He was cut off by the professor beginning the lecture.

YongGuk ignored the fact that class had begun as he stared a hole into my temple. For the next hour and ten minutes, I would ignore him. It was the only thing I could do to stop me from punching him. There were only twenty minutes left in the class when I looked at the clock that was situated on the wall to the side of YongGuk. I couldn't stop myself from stealing a glance at him. He was clenching his jaw like he normally did when he was upset and his hair must have been down to hide his faint dark circles. I made sure I didn't linger and swiftly turned my head back to the boarded covered in messy notes. A moment later,  I felt the heat from YongGuk's arm on mine. Any other time and this simple contact would have turned me into a giddy school girl, but all it did now was make me irritated. I shifted my arm a few centimeters away from his to break  the skin to skin contact. Seconds later the heat from his arm was back as he hooked his pinky finger with my mine in an attempt to get my attention.  I turned to give him a hard look. He must have gotten the point because he detached his hand from mine without me have to explicitly say it.

"Aruem.." He was cut off once again by the professor as he wrapped up his lecture.

I hurried and threw my books into my bag. I basically sprinted to the door only to be pulled back into the classroom. Everyone had filtered out of the classroom when YongGuk decided to let go of my wrist.

 

"What do you want YongGuk?"

"Aren't we going to talk?"

I was honestly so done with this situation. "I thought we talked a lot a few days ago, no?" I spun on my heels and grabbed the handle to the door. Once again, he grabbed my wrist.

"I'm trying to apologize okay."

"Wow! You even know how to say 'I'm sorry' now. Go ahead then." I stood with my arms crossed across my chest in anticipation.

 

He stalled as he looked down at his shoes.

 

 

"I thought so."  I pulled open the door and finally walked out.

As I walked towards my bus I wondered if this would be it.I wondered if my own emotional turmoil would rip me away from this friendship. Maybe this was the end and I should just make a clean break while savoring the good times. Honestly, this situation was such a mess. Even though I could walk home I wanted to relax my mind with music and the soothing ride. I was sitting in my usual seat all the way in the back near the window. I tried to relax, but the vibrating from my phone wouldn't let me. I already knew who it was, but I thought I'd check just in case.

The LED letters on my phone proved my intuition right.."Gukkie". I pushed the home button turning my screen black and threw it into my backpack.

 

When I made it home I flopped down on my couch and didn't move for two hours. Tonight was usually when we had our monthly movie night, but since I was avoiding YonGuk I was stuck at home watching running man episodes. My phone had been buried in my bag since I got home, however, that didn't stop me from hearing the periodic buzzing.It had been two hours and my curiosity was getting the best of me.

**Gukkie**

"Areum I want to apologize"

"I have the movie ready to go. Are you coming over?

"Come on Areum. I want to apologize in person. I brought ramen!"

"I'll stay up and wait for you to come. Arraso?"

Would he even really apologize this time or flake up like he did in the class this time? I wonder if he even knows how much he hurt me? I tossed and the couch while pondering my choices and their outcomes. I flipped back over to finish watching the show. I decided to leave it up to fate.If Kwang Soo got his name tag ripped off in the next fifteen minutes I would go.

 

Three minutes later Kwang Soo was cornered while his name tag sadly drifted towards the floor. Damn it.

 

I jumped up and headed for the shower. When trying to figure out what to wear,  I settled for a pair of gray sweat shorts, a random burgundy graphic tee, and gray new balance sneakers. I left my hair up in my signature bun with a few loose curls. I locked up my apartment and 10 minutes later via taxi ride, I  was in front of YongGuks door.

 

I knocked four times and didn't get a response. I began to think that maybe he gave up waiting. I mean it had now been four hours since his last text message. As I got ready to leave, his front door suddenly swung open.

 

YongGuk was standing there with only a towel wrapped around his lower half. His entire torso was exposed and I got a full view of everything. His arms were toned and lean without being too muscular. The water was cascading down his perfect skin only marked by the script letters on his chest. The cursive writing highlighted his broad  shoulders and long neck. Alth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter