The Cracks

THE CURXE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 When we got off the train it was rush hour. The train station was packed, so I placed my hand on the angled inner corner of his elbow. Soon after trying to fight the crowd he removed my hand from his elbow while sliding his hand down my arm. He eventually made contact with my hand and held it as he pulled me through the crowd and up the congested stairs. When we reached the main road leading to campus we continued holding hands. This was one of the aspects of our friendship that I had never experienced with anyone else. Physical contact like this was not something I could comfortably do with any of my other guy friend..well it was comfortable before my feelings began to change. 

I was holding onto his hand, but I was also holding onto the moments where I had him. Moments when it felt like we could stay like this - uninterrupted. But, I knew that once he laid eyes on her, the instability would seep its way back through the cracks in our friendship. 

Once again, I was right about how quickly our "normal" would fade away.

"Minah!" Young Guk called for her, and as he walked towards her, his hand slipped away from mine.

Minah casually let the final ashes of her cigarette fall to the ground before acknowledging him. "Hey, what's up Yong Guk?"

She was standing against a wall with her perfectly trimmed red colored hair billowing in the breeze. Even I had to admit that her small white face, big dark eyes, and red hair was beautiful in a unique way. She had no trouble at all commanding the attention of guys, Yong Guk included.

"Nothing much. Is everyone still going to Club Ellui on Friday?"

I tuned them out as I stood there as the uninvited guest in their conversatio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter