Selfish Desires

THE CURXE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up at 10am  Thursday morning. It was more like I jumped out of bed. Most of Young Guk's time had been occupied by his new group of friends and Minah. I tended to avoid them so I wouldn't be "peer pressured" into anything. It also didn't help that Minah glared me down when ever I was anywhere near her. But, today I was finally getting a chance to hang out with him like old times. In middle and high school, Yong Guk and I  hung out every day after class. We would walk the city for hours doing nothing in particular: just talking, making jokes, and visiting random stores. Those were the best times. They were unpredictable and the conversation is what helped us become so close. We'd talk about our family, our dreams, music, and everything in between. It was during those time I learned everything I know about him. The start of our "tradition" was a complete accident.

One day in the 9th grade, I was looking for this small record store. I had no idea how to navigate the city so he offered to go with me. Before then we would chat every day, but never really spent much time together outside of school. However, it turns out his sense of direction was no better than mine and we ended up stumbling around the city for hours, completely forgetting the music shop. Instead, I was given a tour of Seoul and a Korean street food lesson. We shared some superficial details and a few personal matters with each other. But, we didn't stop talking for the entire 5 hours we were together. It was that day that confirmed that he would become my best friend and Yong Guk must have felt the same because later on that night he texted me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

*Yong Guk*

"Hey, sorry about today."

                                              *Me*

                                                "No worries. I had so much fun today anyway"

*Yong Guk*

"I'm glad! ....You know I'm making you my best friend right?

My old best friend anyway."

                                               *Me*

                                                "Wow, I feel honored to be a replacement lol"

*Yong Guk*

"You should! Most people would die for that title"

                                               *Me*

                                                "Whatever. Goodnight pabo."

*Yong Guk*

"Goodnight bestie" 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                         

I had been standing in front of the mirror holding the 7th outfit I'd taken from my closet. It was 10:45AM and I was still in my frumpy PJs.

I looked at the outfits that now hid my bed and shook my head at my own ridiculousness. I was doing it again. I was getting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter