Connections 4/5

Connections
Please log in to read the full chapter
 

Angry Mino is indeed not a pretty sight. Especially if it’s an upset Mino who just woke up. He’s also indeed hot when he’s like this, but Taehyun feels bad that he is seeing this version of Mino again, one he vowed to never cause again if he can help it.

Mino’s trying his best to be civil and polite, tries to tone down the sharpness in his eyes and voice, so what’s left is like a monotone or almost robot-like version of Song Mino as he ate his late breakfast. It is even more frightening and worrying than a cursing and outraged Mino, to be honest.

Taehyun is at loss of what he’s supposed to do, his determination slowly seeps out of him in each minute that passed by, especially in a situation right now where they don’t have enough time and have many prying eyes on the lookout.

Mino’s probably more pissed because he saw him connect with Seunghoon more than he ever hoped for as they collected their food at the damned buffet.

He only knows he’s more screwed than ever by now.

 

Mino finally finished and started excusing himself from the table, same with the other members who wanted to quickly freshen themselves up before they check out and head to the airport. But before they start to leave, one of their managers decided to put his foot down.

“I don’t know the specifics of what’s happening now, but I know something’s up. I ask you to sweep this under the rug first and pretend that everything’s fine. Act.”

Mino’s jaw clenched tighter at this particular word and Taehyun was sure he's not the only one who noticed it.

“Fix it when you’re home. Safely tucked in your dorms. Do it there. You know the drill already.” He casted his eyes towards Seungyoon, then the hyungs. “If you need somebody to intervene, we are here”, he catches Taehyun’s eyes and continued, “You have each other. Look out,” he looked at Mino’s eyes lastly before focusing back on everyone. “We all clear on this?”

“Neh.” The five begrudgingly agreed, not only because they do know the rules, but also to get this over with and finally be released as soon as possible.

“We’ll start fetching you from your rooms as soon as the driving company and security summon us down. Try to double check your belongings in case we overlook anything before the checkout.”

This time, Seungyoon was the one who replied their collective assent as the others simply nodded their heads.

As they filed out one by one, Taehyun had another urge to reach out to Mino or at least touch him to let him know if this is still something repairable, anything to help him get through another three or more hours of being physically together, yet emotionally apart. But the older is just fixed on the idea of getting back to his own room so Taehyun just watched his back as he walked ahead, while quickly schooling his features to a neutral one when he sees a group of teens looking at their direction.

He felt a squeeze on his shoulder. “Everything will be fine, Taehyun-ah. We’re just probably all tired from flying and performing so emotions ran higher than usual. Fighting, our maknae!” Jinwoo whispered with his usual burst of cuteness matched with his sparkling eyes. “Will you be alright in your room by yourself? I can go and bring my suitcase there after I brush my teeth. Or do you want me to accompany you now?”

As much as he appreciates his hyung’s concern, he thinks he’s better off alone to be with his thoughts for now. “Thanks, hyung. I’ll be fine, really.” Taehyun said as he tried to muster up a smile to assure Jinwoo and swiped the card lock for his room.

 

Alone at last, and after tending to his sanitary essentials, he put on a bigger black jacket over his hoodie to complete his airport attire. Black on black. It goes well with his current disposition. How great. Then he planned on expanding his white mask to completely cover the lower half of his face, a better way to disguise and hide his emotions for the day. A literal and figurative mask, all rolled into one.

The last thing he needs is to alarm anyone, Incles in particular, of how much he isn’t emotionally stable now. He’ll be given a pass with his death glares since it’s not out of the ordinary and he’s still pretty much pissed of himself right now, that he’s not much worried if he ever slips up from control. It’s the probable hurt that could reflect from his eyes that he needs to watch out for, he doesn’t need anyone to worry or create speculations.

But anyway, he doesn’t really have to psych himself up too much about this.

Somehow it’s automatic that when he sees their fans, as long as they are safe and not squished up by anyone, his mouth easily and completely turns up. They have been his source of strength and inspiration at the hardest of times, it wouldn’t really change anything now or even ever. That, he knows in his heart is true. He just have to repeat ‘I’m fine, I’ll be happy, I’m happy’ like a mantra and he probably will be, even just for a few hours.

His room doorbell buzzed out of nowhere while his attention was focused on zipping up his luggage that doesn’t want to budge halfway. Thinking it’s just probably Jinwoo again or his manager, he just carelessly opened the door without looking and went back to business of properly closing his stubborn suitcase lying atop his bed.

After a few tries and vaguely hearing the door close, it finally zipped in the way it was supposed to. He blew a huge puff of air and stood up in celebration. “Finally! Okay, I’m now ready. Are we –”

Taehyun needed to blink his eyes for a few seconds before it finally registered who was standing a few steps away from him.

“Hyung… Mino.” Taehyun scrambled up his brain to say something and break the silence. “How long have you been standing there? Were you waiting all along?”

“Always have been.” The older guy replied, sincerity lacing his every word. They both know the implications of this.

They also both know they do not have enough time to get into it, they don’t even have the strength to even utter their I love yous and I miss yous for today because they’d rather say it again when it’s not rushed, when they are more settled, not at a time where they have to keep up appearances and separate themselves a few minutes later.

This also reminds him of that time leading up to their first confession. Almost the same words, almost the same sentiments.

Mino has this serious look again. “We are going to talk. When we’re home.”

Taehyun agreed without hesitation, “Yeah. At home.” He had to go back and sit on his bed in fear that his legs will give out under him. They’ll be okay. They’re going to be fine.

Mino couldn’t take the vulnerability that he’s seeing in Taehyun’s face at that moment so he averted his eyes and looked somewhere else. “I’m still mad. I’ll try my best to extinguish this while on the plane…I don’t know.”

His body is telling him to go near Taehyun but he has to hold his ground, they have a lot of things to sort out and he knows kissing him right now until his lips are swollen or even just embracing him tightly won’t do any of them good.

They will most likely still be a mess due to mountains of words unsaid. They can’t have that when they’re about to go through another round of squeezing themselves in the sea of people whose force are not always completely controllable. There’s also that damned flight and they are

Please log in to read the full chapter