Connections 1/5

Connections
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Nam Taehyun is irritable.

That’s the only word he could come up with to describe himself these past few days. Or better, weeks. He can’t exactly pinpoint the root of his behavior, whether it’s because of the pressure for the drama or the album they are preparing - or probably a mix of both and everything in between.

He knows he’s not exactly the poster child of ‘saint-like’ in the members’ scale so the fact that his hyungs still tolerate it and let him have his way or space is more than appreciated, even if he doesn’t need his thanks to be all spelled out. One nod of his head or a small smile of acknowledgement is enough for them to tell that he’s alright, or at least is going to be alright when he sorts himself out, and they leave him be.

The greatest downside to all of this is not his mood swings nor this ever present feeling of being on edge. He’s not that worried about that, not at all. Even before the fame and fortune he have now in his life, feelings of conflict are not really new to him – he’s used to it, even embraces it like an old friend. He lets it fester inside him until it quiets down to a hum, bringing back a stronger sense of calm and a clearer perspective to how he sees life after he’s done.

But that was before. Now, he has people around who gets affected when he goes through these funks, when he wants time for himself. Now he has a team to think about because they might suffer along with him. Now he has someone. Song Minho.

He’s the reason why Taehyun is madder at himself right now for having this weird, yet at times completely uncontrollable, emotional trait. Mino is certainly fit by now to include his name on the ‘saint-like’ meter, if you ask Taehyun about it. He’s been nothing but kind, understanding and every other synonym you could think of towards the younger.

It doesn’t help things that the older guy’s birthday is fast approaching and Taehyun has been nothing but an boyfriend to him. He has plans to surprise him or at least let themselves finally talk this out, but the schedule he has now hinders everything. There’s even a possibility for him to be called back by the director for additional scenes to shoot after this awards appearance. The thought makes him want to pull his own hair out.

 

“Morning,” said the man in question as he unknowingly put Taehyun’s brooding to a stop. Well, maybe not unknowingly, given that the younger’s eyebrows are droopier than ever coupled by this dark aura that surrounds him, especially these last few days. It’s a telltale sign that he’s worried and most likely angered again by something.

Mino looked at Taehyun for a few beats before pushing a coffee tumbler towards him. “Here, drink this now or on our way to the airport. You can share it with the guys too, if you want. Seunghoon-hyung tried to wrestle this coffee away from my hands, but I escaped well. Just something to energize you for the day.” He said all of this using that rough voice of his, the kind of shape that it takes during early mornings just like today. It shows another similarity between th

Please log in to read the full chapter