Connections 2/5

Connections
Please log in to read the full chapter
 

Next thing they know, they were being swept by their security from one point to the other, as they tried to get by among the throngs of people both in Korea and in China. The enthusiasm of fans certainly boosts their spirits more than anything, but the chaos that ensues everywhere they go can also get tiring to anyone.

Taehyun’s headache is now more pronounced, especially after that short trip of his to the public toilet, that all he wants to do is reach their hotel as soon as possible and wash up. He wanted to at least try and talk with Mino also, no matter how brief, but the way he’s exhaustedly slumped over the backseat right now tells him he should just reserve that for another day, or maybe when they are really finally back in Korea – just like he originally planned.

Most of their time were spent on rehearsals, other last minute preparations and adjustments. They don’t exactly have time to breathe, unless for those spare hours tailored only for eating or sleeping, which are really vital for them if they were to present themselves in top form. There’s so many things happening behind the scenes that an outsider may think they are probably just resting while not in the public eye, even though the environment is anything but conducive for that.

Few hours before they were about to hit the stage, they are swarmed by different assistants, both YG staff and locals. One group is fixing their suits, the other are in charge of their make-up and hair, the translator is even around to check with them for further questions about pronunciations and so on.

Taehyun is used to this. He’s done this more than a few times even before their official debut. But what makes this different is the circumstances now and the fact that Mino’s charms has once again caught the noonas’ hearts.

Language barrier is not an issue, one kind smile or even a very short laugh from him is enough to tide the ladies over. Hell, he doesn’t even need to do anything. He knows his man is very fine on his own.

They’ve been through this before, after voicing out his concerns. Mino only smiled at him: They are not you. Then kissed him for a better measure afterwards. He's used that memory to shamelessly scoff and sneer at every unknowing women (and even a few men) in his head so many times. It’s enough for him while he endures being a witness to it. One who can’t do anything, who is supposed to be straight, who is supposed to act that he’s not Mino’s lover.

But now, he’s just irritated. Irritated at Mino for being too handsome and congenial. Irritated at these noonas who thirst over him. Irritated at himself.

In his mind, he would cross the room to where Mino was seated right now and kiss the hell out of him in front of everyone, maybe throw in a bit of tongue for greater effect. Then he’ll look with satisfaction at every eyes upon them as if to say Yes, he’s mine. Now back the off. All of you. 

His irritation is getting the best of him again for sure, judging by s who regarded him with careful eyes. They are all so in sync now when it comes to these things, except for Mino’s thick-headed skull who still sometimes misses on these simple stuff. He can only imagine how he looked like right now.

He knows he’s going to get an earful from their managers later on, people who gave up on convincing him to practice changing his overall facial expressions – “You look upset by default. It’s the eyebrows. There’s nothing we can do anymore about that” – yet never

Please log in to read the full chapter