Connections 3/5

Connections
Please log in to read the full chapter
 

The performance came and went without a hitch, save for those technical aspects on the rappers’ mics which at this point is just a standard error in the logistics of each show they appear on. Mostly, it’s an issue on the volumes that happens every time.

Then there’s also that part where Taehyun didn’t bend for Mino and Seungyoon for Don’t Flirt. He fought, or rather, strongly convinced his Hoon-hyung to let him just stand normally for it because “he’s not going to show his like that to foreign viewers. Not now, not ever. Especially with foreign artists in the same room, when there’s a high possibility to work with any of them in the future.” Those who don’t know better would chalk it up to the maknae being his usual sassy self, totally oblivious to the ongoing uncertainty inside him.

But at the same time, this is his job. What it entails is professionalism, even if he has to compartmentalize his feelings and leave it at the door to completely focus on what he needs to do as a singer. It doesn’t mean though that he can’t draw some line in what he can and can’t do, nor does it mean that his smiles or fan-service during is less sincere or less meant. He could say the same for the other members.

All at once, he’s handling multiple feelings on stage coursing through him and feeds at the energy thrown to him by the audience and by his very own members. This, at least, is something he can manage.

 

Still on their high after a positive reception, they proceeded to the room where their interviewer awaits. It’s not a new practice for them to sort out their places first before standing where they need to, and they make it a point to discuss when waiting time permits it. This time around, they have the leeway to do it.

“I’ll stand beside him,” Mino said as he subtly pointed his finger towards the interviewer.

“So I’ll take the center then, since there’s only one mic,” cheerfully piped up by Seungyoon.

Jinwoo and Seunghoon chorused, “And we want to stand together!” in the most toned down way possible.

“Then…do I really have a choice here?” asked by Taehyun, who knows fully well that this is all somehow intentional. Mino just raised an eyebrow at him, as if silently challenging to change the other three’s minds and stand anywhere beside him. Taehyun answered back with a gaze of his own, trying his best to make his face blank even though his head is seconds away from screaming. 

Damn this no-personal-matters-while-on-the-job rule again. They kind of broke it anyway, but there’s just isn’t enough time to deal with it head on. You are Nam Taehyun, vocal of WINNER. Everything else has to wait. But those few seconds of eye-contact were enough to raise his mood again even just a bit. He just have to wait. Approximately a day more before they are back home.

 

The interview droned on, and Taehyun knows he has to be aware of what is going on around him but he can’t take his mind off of Mino’s close proximity. He’s trying his best to fold his arms and not to touch or lean on Mino, but Seungyoon is only making it hard for him given that he’s just moving closer and closer to him as he answers the questions. He’s forgetting personal space again. He should have stood in Mino’s place so he won’t have to do all this leaning as he talks to the interviewer. Aish.

In the end, he just gave up trying altogether. There is one point where he felt like the interview is wrapping up so he starts stretching one of his feet, much to the amusement of Mino, but he’ll only find that one out later on when he watches the video.

For now, he’s kinda sure that he did ed up his foot, but whether it’s because he twisted it too much or because it’s restricted by the shoes he’s w

Please log in to read the full chapter