Link To You

Destiny

Hello I'm back, I'm sorry I took forever to update. I have been super busy with school. Finally had some free time. Hope you guys stay interested in my story. Thanks for the comments they keep me motivated. :)

.......

Kim Jinwoo has always worked hard to get where he is. He was born and raised in Imjado, his dad taught he everything about business and trading. His dad owned a small fishing business and wanted him to take over when he got older however by the age of 12 they went out of business. Jinwoo never knew why, his dad only said they were framed and a big company was to blame. Even though they didn't succeed he pursue his career in business. He moved to Seoul to start his career but soon found how big the competition was. He send applications to many different companies but most didn't respond or would decline him simply because he didn't graduate from a prestigious university. He was about to give up when suddenly he received a call from Song Inc. he was excited as one of South Korea's biggest company was calling him. The hiring department were interested in hiring him because of the degrees he had received but said that at the moment they only had call center jobs. Jinwoo decided to take it since he needed the job and also he thought he could start from below and work his way up. He got hire soon after and was told to report to training class.

 

Song Minho has had everything he ever wanted in life. He has a family that loves him and he never defies his mom's wishes. He never had to work hard for anything. His family is one of the richest family in S. Korea as they owned 1 of the biggest company in trading. Minho was also set to take over once he is old enough as his mom wished, therfore he has studied hard in business, he didn't want to dissapoint her. However even though he had everything, he still felt he was missing something, also he didn't want to run the company but he couldn't say no to his mom. He started working at the company at a young age and most stock owners didn't want him but couldn't say anything since he was the owners son and soon to be CEO. Minho knew he wasn't like and that cause him to work harder. Finally he was able to prove himself by being able to set a deal with Nam Inc. something no one else has been able to do. His mom was proud and the stock owners acknowledge him for the first time.

...

Minho met up with Teahyun, he was getting an office since they'll be working together for a while.

"You know I never thought you were going to accept my offer since you have declined all other offers given by us."

"Well you presented an awesome offer unlike everyone else so I decided to go for it. Couldn't say no to the opportunity."

"I'm glad you liked it. You are good at negotiations even at your age."

"Thanks, you are good at it too and I didn't know someone your age was also in charge of Song Inc. negotiations. You were tought at a young age like me right?"

"Yes"

"Well glad to do business with you. Perhaps things go well and we merge our companies."

"We'll see how it goes."

"Oh can I have a look around. I like to meet the people working here."

"Sure, Mr. Jung will accompany you."

"Thank you."

Minho was glad the negotiations with Taehyun went well but their was something about him he didn't like. He felt he couldn't trust him.

...

Teahyun was excited to move in to Song Inc. he knew what he had to do, but something unexpected happened today or should we say someone. He didn't expect to meet someone so beautiful as Jinwoo. Teahyun was obsessed with Jinwoo's beauty. He never felt like this for any other guy or girl. He decided he would make Jinwoo his. He finish his tour and headed back to Minho.

"Hello, I'm back. "

"So, how did it go?"

"It was great. I think I'm going to like it here."

"That's great."

""Well I'm leaving I'll see you tommorow."

"Alright, bye."

 

The day came to an end. Minho was ready to go home. Everything was turning out as he hoped for. Why then? He thought, why does he still feel empty inside. He pressed the button for the elevator. The elevator came up and he pressed the 1st floor button. He was wondering if it was that he just felt nervous because of the negotiations with Taehyun, what if they failed, if not that then what was it? Then the doors open at a small guy came in but wasn't paying attention since he bump him straight on. The small guy realize what he did and started apologizing, Minho found it cute. He kept apologizing and even bowes, Minho told he not to worry since to him that was to much.

"I'm okay, there's no need to bow."

The small guy raised his head and their eyes met. It was then that Minho realize what he was missing.

"Hi..."

"Hello..."

"I'm Song Minho, and you are?"

"I'm Kim Jinwoo, nice to meet you."

Jinwoo went in the elevator. He stood in the side, he was nervous somehow this guy Minho made him nervous, he didn't know why. Minho was also nervous, Jinwoo was making him feel something he never experienced before. It was the first time his heart didn't feel empty. They reach the first floor and Jinwoo turn around to apologize again.

"Once again I'm sorry."

He left leaving Minho in a daze. He started laughing and people just stared at him.

"Mr. Song are you okay?"

"Yes I am. It's just that I never believed in love at first sight before."

"Huh?"

"Nothing. Nevermind, I'll see you all tomorrow."

...

Jinwoo kept tossing back and forth in his bed, he couldn't stop thinking about Minho.

"Why can't I get him out of my mind?Could it be? No it can't. Maybe if I see him again. But where would I find him. The company is big, even if we work in the same place I'll never see him again. He came from the upper floors. Is he a manager at one of the departments? I need to find out."

He set himself to find out more about Minho. He really wantedto know, no he needed to know.

...

Jinwoo was running late since he had made a wrong turn, didn't realize he was going the wrong way until he noticed the buildings were diffrent. He couldn't believe he still didn't know his way around Seoul. He ran through the lobby to catch the elevator.

"Wait! Hold the elevator, please!"

He managed to get in just in time thanks to the man who hold the door for him.

"Thanks"

"No problem, how are you Mr. Kim?"

"Oh Mr. Song, great to see you again. I'm fine just running late. How are you.?"

"I'm good to, didn't think I'll see you again, specially not in the elevator. So which department do you work in."

"Actually I just started yesterday. I'm in training."

"Really?"

"Yes, how about you?"

"I'm Song Minho."

"Yes, you told me yesterday. I was asking what department you work on. Are you a manager, sales agent, call center agent, which one?"

Minho was surprised, did Jinwoo really not know who he was. He decided to keep it from him.

"I work in sales, just a regular employee. I'm too young to be a manager."

"Really"

Bing!

"Oh, this is my floor. Once again I would like to apologize for last time."

He said as he got out of the elevator.

"Well you can make it up by taking me out to lunch. How about this Friday?"

"Huh?"

"I'll take that as a yes, I'll see you Friday. It's a date."

"Wait! What?"

It was too late as the doors closed.

"Now what, I guess I'll have to take him, but I don't even have his number. I forgot I'll be late if I don't hurry."

...

Minho was in a great mood all day, he couldn't wait for Friday to come by.

"Oh I forgot to give him my number."

"Give who you're number?"

"Mr. Nam, how are you?"

"Please let's speak formally."

"Okay, Taehyun how are you?"

"I'm good, thanks but who were you wanting to give your number to? If I may ask. Are you interested in someone?"

"I... uh... who's he?"

Minho ask about the guy who came in with Taehyun. He didn't want to talk about Jinwoo to him, as he still didn't fully trust him.

"Hmm... This is Kim Jiwon. My most trusted assistant. I don't go anywhere without him. I was going to ask if it's okay for him to stay as my assistant here as well."

"Yes, that's not a problem."

"Thank you, well see you around then. If you need me I'll be at my office."

"Alright"

They left Minho's office. 

"What do you think? Can we convince him to merge our companies?"

"I think we can."

"Good, cause after we do... I'll take it from him."

"He has no idea what you're planning."

"No he doesn't. Now let's go to the training room."

"Why?"

"I want you to meet someone. He is someone I'm interested in."

"What?"

"Yeah, come on."

...

Jinwoo wasn't able to focus at the training class, he kept thinking about the lunch date with Minho. He was actually pretty excited, he wonder if Minho liked him, no he couldn't they just met, he thought.

"Okay everyone take a break. I'll see you back here in 15 minutes." Call out the instructor. "Mr. Kim"

"Yes sir"

"I'm not sure what's wrong with you today but you are not focus. If it continues I don't think you'll make it."

"I'm sorry, I'll work harder."

The instructor was heading out when Taehyun entered.

"Mr. Nam!" He and Jinwoo both bowed.

"What are you doing here?"

"I just came to see how Mr. Kim was doing."

"Me?" He ask pointing at himself.

"Yes, I have high hopes on you. I think you will do great here."

"Ah yes, he's the best in the class. I also think he will do great. I was just telling him how great he was." Of course Jinwoo understood why the instructor was lying.

"Thank you I'll work hard to make sure I don't dissapoint you both."

"Well, I'll be going now. I'll see you again."

"Goodbye sir."

They both bow as Taehyun and his companion left. Then the instructor look at him with a confusing look.

"It seems like you made an impression on him. You're lucky to have him on your side. Make sure you work hard. Otherwise he might end up having me fire too."

"Yes sir! I wont let you down. "

"You better not."

 

"So what do you think?"

"Taehyun why are you interested in him?"

"Because Jiwon he's beautiful. I  never felt like this before."

"I see, so are you just interested in his physical appearance?"

"I don't, all I know is that I have to have him. I never felt this before and you know me, I get what I want."

"Yes, you do."

...

Jinwoo was now even more out of focus. Since his first day things have been weird. First this Mino guy ask him out for lunch, which he was actually excited about. But now Nam Teahyun from Nam Inc. has showned some interest, well in his work. He didn't understand why, maybe he saw that he actually wanted the job. Anyways to be recognized by someone in the top was good for him.

 

The day ended and Jinwoo was heading home, he wondered if he would ever see Minho again. How were they going to go to that lunch date if they can't reach each other. He exit the building and walk towards the subway station. Still lost in thought he didn't realize someone was running to catch him. The person caught up to him and tap him on the shoulder.

"Hello Jinwoo."

"Oh hello Mr. Song."

"Mr. Song?... Haha please drop the 'Mr' I'm not old. I want us to be friend so can we speak casually to each other? "

"Ah... sure."

"Good... hopefully we'll be something more." He whispered to himself that Jinwoo couldn't catch it. "Oh let me see your phone."

"Okay..." Jinwoo handed his phone over to Minho.

"I forgot to give you my number." He typed his number in, dial it out and then handed the phone back. "There, now we both have our number. No excuses not to go out with me."

"Minho this sounds like an actual date."

"That's because it is, is there a problem?"

"But I'm a guy."

"Haha...cute... I know, is that a problem?"

"No... there's not." Jinwoo started blushing.

"I'll see you tomorrow then, bye."

"Bye..." This guy was something else, Jinwoo though. He has never met anyone like him. Minho was a straight forward type of guy and Jinwoo really liked it. He was happy that Minho asked him out.

 

Minho was walking back to his office with a smile on his face. He was happy how everything was turning out as he hoped. He has never asked anyone out directly like he just did. This feeling he had was different from all others.He used his resources to find Jinwoo's schedule. He decided he would meet Jinwoo after work, this way he would avoid people revealing who he actually was. He doesn't want to lie to Jinwoo but he wants to make sure Jinwoo likes him for who he is, not for his money and power.

The elevator reached his office floor, still with a smile on his face he didn't realize Taehyun was waiting for him.

"You seem to be in a good mood."

"Huh? Oh Taehyun." Minho was in a good mood and he wanted to tell someone he tought maybe he shouldn't be feeling mistrust towards Taehyun, he is his business partner after all, he got him the deal he wanted. He decided to trust him just with hold Jinwoo's name for the moment. "Yes I'm in a good mood."

"Is it because of someone special?"

"How did you know?"

"I could see in your face."

"Really? Well you're right."

"Who is it?"

"I can't tell you."

"Come on please."

"Haha, some other day okay."

"Alright, well I'm leaving then, but you have to tell me one day. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I will."

Taehyun left to his office where Jinwon was waiting for him. As soon as he closed the door his expression changed.

"That is dating. I knew it."

"Who? Song Minho?"

"Yes but he wouldn't tell me who it is. That's your mission, find out who it is. That person could ruin our plans."

"Okay I will."

"No way am I going to allow some sissy ruin my plans."

"Wait, Minho is gay!"

"Duh, can't you see it. You of all people should know."

"I..."

"Anyways find this person."

"Yes..."