The Prince and The Princess

Destiny

Year 1515

 

Prince Song was running through the woods, looking back he no longer saw his guards chasing him. He realize he reached the shore and a small boat was ready to leave.

"Hello sir where are you heading?"

"To Imjado island."

"May I catch a ride with you?"

"I don't know, the clothes you're wearing speak royalty and I don't want any trouble."

"I can pay you with gold."

"Get on then."

"Thank you"

 

"So why are you heading to Imjado island. Are you meeting a friend at the kingdom?"

"Actually I've never been to Imjado kingdom. I would've gotten on your boat no matter the destination."

"You never been to Imjado!?"

"No this will be my first time."

"You are missing out, our kingdom is beautiful, of course Joseon kingdom is also great and huge. We are lucky that the Joseon kingdom allow our kingdom to stand unlike all others that were taken over. Our people are nice and hardworking. Our queen was able to negotiate with the king of the Joseon."

"I see"

"You know some say it's because the king fell for her. I would imagine why, she is beautiful but none is more beautiful that our princess. She is the most beautiful girl in all the land."

"Yes I heard rumors but I never seen her."

"Ah yes that's because she isn't allow out much. Specially not out the island."

"Maybe I'll see her today, who knows."

"If you're lucky."

 

They reached the island. The young prince gasp at the sight of the kingdom. The old man wasn't lying the kingdom was beautiful. He remove some clothing and put on some old clothes the old man was nice enough to give him since he didn't want to grab attention to himself, the old man had already suspected he was royalty by how he was dress before. He walk through the kingdom and saw small fruit, clothing and all sorts shops. Then suddenly he saw soldiers running through the shops.

"The princess has gone missing! We are searching every home and questioning people so please be prepared."

The prince got scared, they might find out who he is so he headed to the woods. Ran as fast as he could when suddenly he bump into someone who was also in a hurry.

"I'm sorry"

"No it was..."

The prince couldn't finish his sentence as he saw the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. The princess was also stunned she has never seen someone so handsome as the stranger in front of her.

"Hi my name is..." The prince didn't want to be identified so he gave a false name "my name is... Kyung Soo and you are?"

"Hello I am..." thinking the same thing she gave "I'm... Soon Hee"

"Hello, you seemed to be in a hurry a minute ago. Is everything alright?"

"Yes it is. I was just... just running through the wood. I'm just not allowed much and I got a little excited. How about you? You were also running, are you okay?"

"Ah yes I am."

"Well I guess I'll leave now."

"Wait!"

"Yes..."

"I'm actually new to this place, can you show me around? If you don't mind."

"Sure I'll show you around."

"Thank you"

"So you must be from Joseon. You never been here before?"

"No"

"And what do you think?"

"Beautiful"

"Huh?"

"You know the kingdom."

"Ah yes"

The prince found it cute how she didn't get his comment. They started walking when a group of soldiers appeared.

"Over here! I found them!"

They both were surprised they thought they were finally captured and the other would find the truth about their identity.

"Shi.t they are after me!" they both shouted in synchronize "After you? they are after me!" They started running away but were soon surrounded by guards.

"You can't get away from us princess Kim."

The prince was shocked, the girl he was talking to was the princess of Imjado Island.

"Please Nam, I just wanted to explore the kingdom."

"You know you are not allowed out. Bring them both."

"Wait he had nothing to do with this."

"We'll find out at the kingdom."

"Please Taehyun."

"I'm sorry I'm just following orders from the queen. Now let's go."

 

The prince was in a prison cell in the kingdom and was soon called by the queen. Guard Nam went for him.

"You must be someone from Joseon as no one seems to know who you are but if you think you have a chance with our princess you better forget it."

"I just met her and..."

"Shut your mouth! is not me you need to explain it to but the Queen and pray she doesn't execute you."

The guards pull him out and took him to the royal hall where he was placed in his knees facing the queen. Soon princess Kim also arrived.

"Such a shame to kill a handsome man like your self. So why did you kidnapped my daughter?"

"Mother I escape alone he didn't do anything bad."

"Quiet! Don't speak without my permission."

The princess lower her head.

"What to do with you?"

"If I may speak your majesty. We..."

A guard came in running.

"Your majesty Joseon soldiers have been spotted heading to the castle."

"What, why? I made a deal with them. Let's get ready to welcome them in, but be prepared to attack if needed."

"Yes your highness!"

"We will deal with this later. Take him away."

The guards took the prince back to the cell.

"Princess stand up straight and Nam you stand by her side since you are the royal guard. Well let's get ready to meet them."

The soldiers were let in the royal hall with another young man that looked like a prince.

"Hello I'm queen of Imjado kingdom. How may we help?"

"Hello I'm prince Lee from Joseon kingdom we are looking for the prince. Sources say he arrived in a small boat here and witnesses we question in the town said someone with his description was brought up here by soldiers."

"You can't mean? Royal guard Nam bring the prisoner."

"Yes"

He headed down to cells to bring up the prince.

"Well it looks like luck is on your side prince, cause you are the prince from Joseon kingdom aren't you?"

"How did you know?"

"I got some advise for you prince, never come back. Now let's go."

He pulled him out and brought him up.

"Prince Song, cousin, what are you wearing? Did you all treat him bad?"

"No there was some misunderstanding but we got it resolved. My daughter explained everything while he was being brought, we didn't know you were the prince of Joseon."

"Yes he is heir to the throne."

"Really, well forgive our mistreatment if we cause you any. We don't want to break our treated for some misunderstanding."

"Of course. I wasn't mistreated. Princess Kim."

"Yes..."

"Thank you for everything today. Forgive me for not telling you who I was."

"I lied as well so we are okay."

"We gotta go. Before I go I wanted to say that the tales of your beauty princess were all true."

"Thank you" She started blushing that didn't go unnoticed by the queen and the royal guard who has furious.

"If that's what you think we invite you to visit us with the king. I'm sure the princess wouldn't mind giving you that tour that you miss."

"Mother I... I'm sure he is busy."

"No I'm not. I accept your offer."

"It's settle then."

"See you next time then princess."

...

A week pass by and prince Song along with the king were on their ship on their way to Imjado kingdom. Once they got there they were welcome with dancers and musicians. The queen and princess made their way to them to greet them. The king wasn't told all that happened. The prince only said that they lost their way on their ship, got to the island, greeted by the queen and invited back.

"Great Joseon King welcome to my Kingdom."

"Beautiful Imjado Queen. Thanks for inviting us and helping my son back to Joseon. This must be the beautiful princess, just as I heard. As beautiful as you, my son did mention he was star trucked by her. I think we might have a future weeding here."

"Just what I was thinking."

"Mother you can't just decide that."

"Father she is right, let's just see where this goes."

"Fine. Well let's head up to the kingdom."

"Let's go."

...

Prince Song and Princess Kim got time alone in the palace garden. It was big and beautiful filled with flowers.

"How have you been princess?"

"Great how about you?"

"Better now."

They started blushing, as they walk through the garden they realize they had feelings for each other.

"Princess can I get your permission to kiss you."

"You don't have to ask."

They kiss and their feelings were confirm. The king and queen were happy to see it as they both saw it as a way to unite the kingdoms. Someone however was still furious.

The princess soon back out from the kiss.

"I'm sorry it's just..."

"What's wrong tell me. Do you not... like me?"

"It's not that... I do like you... it's just..."

"You can trust me."

"Remember how you found me in the forest?"

"Yes"

"Well the truth is I was running away. I don't want to be a princess anymore, specially not queen. I want to live free. I like you but I can't be your queen. I don't want to be anyone's queen."

The prince started laughing. Which got the princess annoyed. "I knew you wouldn't understand." She got upset and was about to leave. "Wait, I do understand. The reason why I was laughing is because I feel the same way. How do you think I got here. I was running away, someone gave me a boat ride here and the rest you know. The only reason I haven't tried it again is because of you, because you are here."

"You were willing to sacrifice your happiness for me?"

"Yes and much more."

The princess kiss him again.

"Do you still want to escape from this place? Do you want to escape with me?"

"But it's not easy, they'll catch us soon."

"My cousin can help us if you're still willing to do it."

"I am"

"Okay we'll do it next week. Do you know someone you can trust that can help you escape?"

"Yes the royal guard, he'll help us."^^

"Okay we'll do it next week."

...

The princess was so happy, sure she will miss her mom but he knew she would be okay she was strong. She got to her room and suddenly the royal guard appeared, she was about to tell him the plan but notice he was mad.

"What's going on?"

"Are you planning on marrying him?"

"Maybe someday."

"Don't do it, he doesn't love you like... I mean the people of Joseon are cruel and evil."

"But you're from Joseon, and you are great."

"Yes but he is not I can tell, listen to me please."

The princess didn't know what was going on with him but she knew that at this state she couldn't tell him. She decided to wait. The royal guard just said sorry and left.

...

The day had finally arrived. Prince Song manage to escape his palace with the help of his cousin.

"Goodluck cousin. Be happy."

"Thank you, I know you'll be a great king someday, that was not for me."

He set sail to Imjado to meet up with the princess.

 

The princess was in a hurry soon the prince was about to arrived. It was early in the morning the sun was barely rising she needed to do everything before the queen notice she was missing. She headed to the royal guard's bedroom.

"Teahyun, I need your help."

"What's going on?"

She told him her plan with the prince.

"Are you stupid, you can't do that. No I wont allow it."

"Please, this is what I want more than anything. I want to be free. I don't want to be princess, I beg you."

"Is this really what you want?"

"Yes"

"Fine... I'll help you"

"Thank you"

"Meet me by the garden, you are meeting him in the forest where you two met right?"

"Yes"

"Okay I'll see you in a minute."

She headed out happy that her best friend will help her. Even though everyone treated Nam just as a guard to her she was a great friend and brother she never had. The princess made her way out to the garden, after a while the royal guard came running out.

"We gotta run the guards are looking for us, they found out you escape."

"What, how?"

"I don't know, let's go, hurry."

They started running to the forest. They got there and the prince was waiting like promise. She hugged him deeply.

"Okay enough hugging we have guards behind us."

"What, really?"

"Yes"

"Let's split up to lose them. The princess and I will go this way and you head out the other way. We'll meet up at the shore."

"Okay, I'll see you later princess be careful."

"You too."

"We don't have time for this, let's go. "

They headed out their way, the guards we're closing in.

 

The prince was running as fast as he could until he reached a cliff it was high. How to get down he thought, suddenly someone came out of the bushes. It was the royal guard Nam.

"Where is the princess?"

"We got split up."

"What, I got to go look for her."

"No, she'll find her way trust me. She is tougher than she looks. If you go and she doesn't find you at the shore. she'll get worry."

"But..."

"No buts, look if she doesn't come I'll go look for her this way I'll just say thay I'm also looking for her. If you get caught you will be imprisoned then we won't be able to help you."

"Fine"

"You look tired, here have some water."

"Thank you" He drank some water. "Oh by the way how do we get down from here? I don't think we can... argh... argh..."

"You know being a prince you should be careful with what you drink."

"What... what did you gave me...?" The prince fell to the ground.

"Some poison of course."

"Why?"

"Why? Ha! You think you can just come here and take the one I love away from me."

"You...love her too?"

"Yes you shi.t, I didn't think it would be so easy to get rid of you. Now I'll just tell her you were captured and you fought back so you got killed in the process. I'll comfort her and soon she'll fall for me and love me."

"What are you saying?"

"Princess Kim!"

"My love, what happened?" She ran to the prince frighten, he looked bad and wouldn't stop shaking.

"Your guard... be careful."

"What did you do to him?"

"Just gave him something to set him free, that's what he wanted right?"

"You poisoned him? Why?"

"Because he wanted to take you away from me!"

"What do you mean?"

"I love you, not him! Ever since I set foot on this island and met you. I fell in love with your beauty. That is why I did everything I can to become your royal guard. Then when the opportunity arose I killed you previous guard and took his position. Then suddenly this stupid prince comes and tries to steal you away just like that. I wasn't going to allow him to ruin everything I worked hard for!"

"You killed Seunghyun..."

"Yes, royal guard Choi had to go, he was too close to you. That was what I wanted, so I got rid of him."

"He also died of a mysterious poison. All this time it was because of you! Why! He was a great person. He cared about me a lot and was the first person who ever saw me as someone else besides a princess."

"That is why I killed him. He was too close to you. He probably liked you."

"You bastard!"

"But now you don't have to worry about anything. We can leave together."

"I'm not going with you. I want to go with Song, I love him."

"He will be dead soon, you will forget about him and I promise you'll love me soon. Let's go."

He grabbed her by the wrist and stood her up. But she started resisting.

"No I don't want to go with you. Let me go!"

"Let...her go!" The prince was yelling out but couldn't get up, as he was losing strength.

"Stop resisting."

"I said let go." She freed herself and slapped him.

He grabbed her by both wrist with so much anger. "Why!? Why don't you love me."

"I will never love you."

"Then if you won't be mine, you'll be no one's!"

He pushed her off the cliff and she fell to her death.

"Nooooooo!!!!" The prince cried out.

"This is all your fault fuc.king prince."

The prince life was fading away but before it did he heard something like a whisper "Even though we couldn't be together in this life, we'll be together in our next life." He smiled and passed away as well.

"Don't worry princess my love, I'll follow you wherever you go!" The guard yelled out and jump to his death.

 

September 26,1991

The cries of a baby could be heard through the room.

"It's a baby boy miss."

"His so beautiful, we'll name him Jinwoo... Kim Jinwoo."

 

March 30, 1993

"Jinwoo my baby, you seem to be in a good mood today?" The child was jumping of excitement and no one knew why.

 

"Congratulations it's a boy."

"My baby boy, grow strong and healthy. My Song Minho."

 

May 10, 1994

"Aww Jinwoo, what's wrong? You're shaking."

"Mommy, I'm scared."

"Why?"

 

"It's a boy!"

"I have the perfect name. Nam Taehyun."

 

2013

Jinwoo arrived at Song Inc. the building was as big as he imagined it. He couldn't believe he was lucky enough to find a job in Seoul, specially not at Song Inc. one of the biggest companies in South Korea but of course he was only a call center agent nothing more but at least it was something. He went into the building and was instructed to go to the 10th floor as the training room was there. He took the elevator up, he went inside room 2 and introduced himself to the instructor.

"Hi I'm Kim Jinwoo."

"Hello Kim Jinwoo."

It wasn't the instructor who responded but a young suit up man behind him. The instructor was surprised to see him and got up to introduced him.

"Everyone this is Nam Teahyun from Nam Inc. how may we help you?"

"Mr. Nam is here to see our future employees as you all know Song Inc. and Nam Inc. are working together in a big project that will last a while and Mr. Nam will be getting an office here. He ask for a tour around our building and also wanted to see our training process." The man next to Teahyun responded.

"Oh I see."

"Well you guys continue I'll be finishing my tour. Oh and Mr. Kim."

"Yes, sir."

"Welcome to the company, I think you'll have a great future here."

"Thank you"

They all bowed as he left.

"Hmm Kim Jinwoo he looks interesting. Mr. Jung."

"Yes."

"Keep me updated on that trainee would you?"

"Yes sir"

 

Jinwoo's day came to an end. So far he learned a lot about what he would be doing which wasn't really much, just you're average call center answering customers complaints. He pressed the button for the elevator, once the doors opened he was still thinking about the CEO of Nam Inc. he can't help but think he looked familiar to him. He walked into the elevator and since he was still lost in thoughts he didn't realize their was someone inside and ended up bumping into him.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you. I'm sorry." He repeated and bowed.

"I'm okay honestly. Come on their's no need to bow."

Jinwoo stoop up and as they saw each other their heart skipped a beat, stunned by the other.

"Hi..."

"Hello..."

"My name is Song Minho, and you are?"

"I am Kim Jinwoo, nice to meet you."

If their was such a thing called love at first sight, then these two were experiencing that.

..........

So this is the first chapter I hope you like it. I'm not sure how long it will be yet. Oh and don't hate me because of how Teahyun character was, as you guys know from my previous stories I always end up using random people lol.