Day 16 (II)

Coffee Shop

“Youngjae, what are you doing here?” asked the eldest in disbelief.

“Well, I didn’t know how to get here, so he came with me” explained Daehyun scratching his nape a little bit embarrassed.

“Hello to you too, Himchan” greeted the barista wryly.

Himchan didn’t reply, he just sighed and started to move motioning the two boys to follow him. “Let’s go to a quieter place.”

The brunet started to follow the latter. They were just at the very entrance of the amusement park. Daehyun and Youngjae were so absorbed in their silly conversation that they  didn’t even realize they were already on their destination. Lots of children were playing over there and it was difficult to walk and to talk properly because of the crowd. ‘There must be a school trip or something.’ The amount of cheesy couples was also noticeable. It was disgusting to see them sharing ice creams and cotton candy.

Daehyun soon caught up the eldest, but Youngjae remained still on his place. Himchan didn’t notice and continued walking, but Daehyun stopped on his tracks and looked at his back to check on his friend. Before he could ask anything the barista spoke. “Guys, I should go now so you can do your stuff.”

Just then Himchan turned around too with an exasperated look on his face. “We’ll be done soon, you should stay. Go and buy some cotton candy while the adults talk, I’ll pay it for you.”

Daehyun sniggered unwittingly and Youngjae clenched his fists frowning deeply. “Okay, now I’m going for sure” he stated angrily and began to walk towards the opposite direction.

The brunet then grabbed the latter’s wrist with a quick movement. “C’mon Youngjae, he was kidding” he assured giving his friend an apologetic smile. “Stay, please.”

The barista hesitated for a few moments, but never tried to loosen the grip.

“I’m sorry, Jae, I didn’t mean to be such an ” apologised the eldest walking towards them. “It’s just, I’m so fed up with all the work… I’m sorry.”

Youngjae then withdrew his hand and deepened his frown.

Daehyun looked directly at his eyes. For some reason he wanted the latter to stay with them. Somehow he felt more secure with the younger around. “I need your opinion as a consumer, will you help me?” he asked giving him his best smile.

“You want my opinion?” asked the latter surprised.

“Of course” assured Daehyun.

“Then that’s it. Youngjae stays, let’s go now to a place where we can actually talk, please” said Himchan rushing them.

Youngjae snorted and rolled his eyes but he started to follow Himchan. Daehyun noticed it was a habit of the latter to roll his eyes whenever he was angry or fed up. He also started to follow Himchan, dodging carefully all the children that where running in every direction. The smell of hotdogs filled the air making his stomach growl craving for food. Luckily, the sound was muffled by crowd’s noise.

They walked for a pair of minutes, leaded by Himchan, and soon they reached a coffee shop. Surprisingly, most of the tables were empty since people preferred to take away their drinks and enjoy them on the amusement park. Daehyun inwardly thanked god because he couldn’t concentrate on noisy places and now he needed all his brain working. The three young men sat on the most isolated table to have some privacy and quickly decided what they were going to order.

“Okay, guys, I’ll wait in the line, you can stay here” said Himchan shoving his wallet on the back pocket of his trousers.

“Oh, you don’t have to, I’ll do it” replied Youngjae standing up.

“It’ll be just a minute don’t worry” assured the eldest motioning the barista to sit down again. “I’ll be right back.”

Himchan left and the brunet and Youngjae were alone again. Daehyun started to display his documents on the table to show Himchan a few issues they had fixed just in case when Youngjae spoke. “I’m worried, he looks exhausted” he said biting his lower lip.

Daehyun looked up at the latter, who had his eyes locked on Himchan. “It can’t be helped, he’s a high level executive after all” he replied.

“I know…” He continued staring at his friend until he shook his head and averted his gaze. Just then he acknowledged all the papers placed on the table. “Wow” he exclaimed amazed. “Did you do this?” he asked taking a paper and scanning it closely.  

The brunet slowly shook his head. “No, that’s my whole team’s work. I mean, I participated too but I just did a little part” he explained.

“This is amazing. So this is what you do” he met Daehyun’s eyes. “I was starting to wonder what was your job.”

Daehyun gave him a smile of disbelief “Why didn’t you just ask?”

“I don’t know” he replied shrugging. “I guess I didn’t want to in your life.”

“Since when is asking for someone’s profession butting in his life?” he gave the latter al half smile. “Anyway, from now on you have my permission to in my life.”

Youngjae opened his mouth. “Oh. Thank you. I guess same goes to you.”

The brunet’s lips curled upwards. Now he had the chance to get to know the latter better. But his smile soon started to fade away when he realized he didn’t know the barista at all, not even enough to have a question to ask him. It was strangely frustrating that the latter already knew so much about him but he didn’t even know the younger’s full name. ‘What am I upsetting for?

“This drawing is amazing” commented Youngjae. The barista placed his eyes on the latter, who was absently looking at a sketch of a woman floating in the water. Daehyun gently took the paper from the younger’s hands and quickly scanned it.

“Oh, this isn’t a drawing, it’s just a draft, but thank you for the compliment” he explained.

Youngjae gaped at him. “You drew this?” he asked in disbelief.

“Yes, but it’s null, I don’t know what is it doing here.” Daehyun then was about to rip the paper when the barista’s hands stopped him, sending him chills down his spine.

“No! This is a piece of art, don’t throw it away.”

“Youngjae, you are overreacting.”

“No, I’m not. I’ll keep it” he said taking the paper from the elder.

Daehyun sighed. “Really, if you want I can draw you something nicer.”

“You mean you can draw even better than this?” asked the younger widening his eyes.

The brunet scratched his nape. “Well, sure.”

The barista leaned back on his seat. “People so talented like you make me feel dumb; like I’m just good for making coffee and then you come and draw the Sistine Chapel” he admitted still admiring the sketch.

“What? No! I mean, what you do is way more useful than what I do. Plus you must have infinite patience to deal with stupid customers, if I were you I’d be probably fired already cause I’d have killed someone. Also you have a special ability to make people feel good and cheer them up, not to mention how amazing your coffee is.”

When Daehyun finished talking he realized the latter was gaping at him.

“Wow… thank you…” mumbled the younger lowering his head.

Just then Himchan appeared carefully carrying with him the three cups of coffee. “Can someone help me?” he asked frowning.

The two latters stood up at the same time to help their friend. “Oh” said Youngjae.

“I’ll go, don’t worry” assured the brunet while walking towards Himchan. He helped the eldest and in a few moments they were sitting again on the table.

Youngjae sniffed the coffee and made a disgusted face. “Himchan, if you wanted to go to a coffee shop we should have gone to mine” he complained.

“In an hour or so I have to go to another meeting in a building close from here, that’s why I made you come to the amusement park” he explained while taking off his sunglasses. Prominent dark circles were placed under his eyes making him look ten years older. “Well, let’s do this quickly, we don’t have much time.”

Daehyun coughed awkwardly. “So, is your company willing to work with us?”

Himchan raised a brow. “Of course, dummy, we wouldn’t be here otherwise. I showed your project to my team and my superiors and they were delighted, so congratulations.”

The brunet let out a deep breath and unconsciously his lips curled into a wide smile. He glanced at Youngjae, who gave him a warm grin and a thumbs up.

“We still need to negotiate the price, though” added Himchan.

“Of course, I’ll talk to my CEO about it” assured the brunet. “Anyway.” He turned the papers so the elder could see them. “Here, we fixed some issues and made some changes, to have something like another version.”

Himchan hummed and nodded while scanning the papers. “Oh, about the whole advertising campaign, we need more details. The documents and designs that you sent me were too focused on the TV commercial. We know it’s the most important part, but we need more information about the signs and the magazine ads.”

“Sure. And we were thinking about contacting some idols to…”

“No, no, forget the idols” interrupted the elder. “We don’t want famous people involved. We want to show that our products are affordable and that anyone can use them. What we want is normal people.”

Daehyun hummed understanding. “Okay. Do you want to send someone to supervise the casting?”

“No, I trust you” said Himchan. “Well, Jae, now is when you become useful” he said patting the younger’s shoulder. The barista rolled his eyes and pried himself away from the latter. “I need you to imagine that you are a teenager, preferably a girl. Would you like this concept?” he asked showing him a few papers where the TV commercial was sketched.

“Hmm, I don’t know, it’s difficult to tell” said Youngjae scratching his chin. “I don’t have any sisters, so I don’t really know how teenage girls think.”

“Just imagine it. C’mon, it should be easy for you” pressed Himchan.

“Why should be easy for me?” asked the younger narrowing his eyes. Just when the latter was about to reply the barista interrupted him. “Okay, don’t answer the question. Anyway, I think I’d like it, I mean, I like it myself so why wouldn’t a teenage girl like it.”

Himchan pursed his lips. “Hmm, I like it too, but my judgement isn’t the same as a little girl’s.”

Daehyun smiled glad that the both men liked his work. “I guess we can’t really know” he commented.

The eldest let out a sigh. “At the end you’ve been useless, Youngjae.”

The barista hit his shoulder angrily and stood up. “I’m going to the bathroom” he announced before leaving.

For the next minutes Himchan and Daehyun discussed about the project and fixed some issues while Youngjae watched and sometimes gave his opinion. The brunet was happy, extremely happy. Their project was finally going to see the light and for the first time he was going to see his work on TV. His family, his friends and he himself would be proud.

“Okay, guys, I have to go now” said Himchan looking at his watch. He stood up and left some money on the table. “That’s for all the drinks, today’s my treat.”

Daehyun shook his hands. “No, no, you don’t have to pay for my drink.”

The elder raised his brow and put on his sunglasses. “C’mon, cut the courtesy. I’m rich, so I’ll pay” he stated.

Youngjae chuckled. “Don’t worry, Daehyun, he’s rich for real.”

“Yeah, if I wasn’t rich I wouldn’t be able to afford going to your expensive coffee shop” chan.

“It’s expensive cause the service is flawless” said the barista.

Himchan snorted. “Sure. Well, I’m going now, see you around guys.”

“If you have any problem or question contact me” said Daehyun biding goodbye with his hand.

“I’ll do it. See you.” Himchan gave them a smile for the last time and turned around to left the shop.

Just then the brunet started to gather all the papers to clean their table.

“I’m glad Himchan finally hired your company” commented Youngjae helping his friend with the documents.

“Thank you” replied the latter with a warm smile. “By the way, what do you want to do now?” he asked focusing his gaze again on the papers.

Youngjae nibbled his lower lip. “Err, I don’t know. Are you suggesting to hang around?”

The brunet coughed. “Well, right now I’m free because I was given the whole afternoon to meet with Himchan, so…”

“Okay, let’s do something” said the barista smiling. “Do you have anything in mind?”

“Not really” admitted Daehyun. “What do you like to do?”

“My hobbies are eating and sleeping, so if you want we can eat some chocolate and nap together” said the latter jokingly. The elder gave him a confused look but didn’t say anything. “Don’t look at me like that, I’m just kidding” he explained. “We can just walk around to see if we find something funny to do” he suggested.

Daehyun hummed. “Okay, that’s a good idea.”

They finished gathering all the papers and after shoving them into Daehyun’s backpack, they went to the counter to pay the drinks. They left the café and decided to walk towards the amusement park’s main entrance. Now the place was even more crowded and walking was difficult, so the brunet had to check from time to time if the barista was following him or was lost in the mass of people. It was almost 5pm and lots of families were there to kill some time before dinner, not to mention the amount of couples that found romantic spending the evening in an amusement park.

They walked for a bit, unable of having a conversation due to the crowd’s noise, until they reached a square with less people around. Daehyun took a big breath, like he had been deprived of oxygen for a long time, and looked behind him to check on his friend.

Youngjae was following close, with his hands shoved into his pockets and his chin covered by the neck of his coat. He was wearing skinny jeans and the brunet realized for the first time that the barista was very slim in spite of his plump cheeks and his full lips. They locked eyes for a few moments until the younger gave him a faint smile. “What? Is there something on my face?” he asked brushing his jaw.

The brunet shook his head. “Oh no, I just was wondering if you were cold” he lied.

“Oh my, you’re such a gentleman” exclaimed the barista. “I’m a little bit cold, but it’s ok, don’t worry” he assured grinning.

“Okay.” Daehyun continued walking followed by the younger, getting further from the amusement park. “Oh, if you want cotton candy we should buy it now.”

Youngjae frowned. “Forget that already, I don’t want cotton candy, I don’t like it anymore.”

Daehyun chuckled and restrained himself from ruffling the latter’s hair. “Okay, I get it.”

They resumed their walk in silence for a few seconds until the barista spoke again.

“Hey why don’t we go to Lotte World’s mall?” he suggested. “It’s right in front of us.”

Daehyun looked up at the huge building. “Okay, I think I’ve never been in a mall that huge.”

The mall was enormous, with several floors and lots of shops, restaurants and even a small amusement park and an ice rink inside. Although it was a normal Tuesday, the place was quite crowded. Most of the shops were still open, so they decided to stroll all over the mall and visit some stores. They entered some clothing stores and finally they went to a place specialised in coffee and tea. Youngjae bought three different kinds of coffee and after exiting the place they finally sat in a bench to rest for a while. The barista was humming happily and Daehyun couldn’t help but smile. They had been the whole evening chatting about silly things and the brunet was slowly getting closer to the latter.

Daehyun let out a deep breath feeling a little bit tired and looked at his surroundings. Most of the people were starting to leave and only some shops and the restaurants remained open. With less people around he could notice for the first time how beautiful was the mall itself. It was quite modern, with spiral staircases and some vegetation inside. The distribution of the shops was thoughtfully planned and some establishments had a themed architecture. He had had so much fun just by going for a walk in the mall.

“Oh my god, it’s 7pm already” exclaimed Youngjae. “And I have to buy some groceries for dinner.”

Daehyun looked at the latter. “Groceries for dinner? Let’s have something in here” he suggested.

The barista shook his head. “Don’t misunderstand me, but I don’t really want to expend more money.”

“Now that you mention it I shouldn’t expend more money neither” said Daehyun letting out a little sigh.

“Then we should get going, we are really far from Seorim Dong.”

“Okay” the both men stood up and started walking towards the exit. “Are you going to buy the groceries here?” asked the elder.

“Yes, there isn’t any convenience store nearby my house” explained Youngjae.

They reached a 7-Eleven and entered together. “What are you going to have for dinner?” asked Daehyun while absently scanning a can of Coke.

“I don’t know, I came decided to buy some vegetables and rice to cook something nice, but suddenly I feel too lazy” he admitted. “I guess I’ll just buy ramen.”

“I hope you don’t eat ramen frequently.”

“I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I do.”

“It’s bad for your health, you know?”

“Then maybe you should come and cook for me everyday” said Youngjae chuckling.

“Only if you bring me coffee every morning” answered the elder jokingly.

“I’ll think about it.”

They bought the ramen and after walking for ten minutes, they finally exited the mall. The sun was already gone and the weather was freezing, but the place was filled by the amusement park’s music and its bright lights, so the atmosphere wasn’t so cold.

“We can’t take the bus from here, so we should take the subway” commented the barista.

“Okay, guide me cause it’ll be like the fourth time I take the subway.”

“You had taken the subway only three times? Really?” asked the latter in disbelief. Daehyun just nodded. “Okay, follow me and don’t get lost.”

They entered the station, which was really near from the mall’s main entrance, and bought two tickets. The place was busy and crowded, and the transport they had to take was also full of people, so they had to press themselves together to be able to enter. The travel was 50 minutes long and they were too close from each other to comfort. Daehyun shifted feeling uncomfortable and trying to ignore the fact that some guy’s shoulder was pressed so hard against his back that it actually hurt. He clenched his teeth and glanced at Youngjae, who was gripping strongly the bar holding and focusing his eyes on his feet. Just then he realized that their faces were just some inches apart. He quickly averted his gaze and ignored the warm sensation building up in his stomach.

Suddenly the time seemed to be stopping and the constant heartbeat of Youngjae was the only thing that assured him that the time wasn’t slowing down. He could even feel the latter’s chest rising when he took air to breathe. He breathed deeply and shook his head to stop thinking about nonsense, but then he met the latter’s gaze. They locked eyes but none of them said anything; they just looked at each other. Daehyun noticed how beautiful the barista’s eyes were and how his lips were too full and pink to be a man’s lips, how his hair was messily covering his eyebrows and how his nose was perfectly rounded shaped. He also noticed for the first time that his ears were pierced.

Youngjae breathed and opened his mouth to talk. “I’m envious of your face” he mumbled.

“Uh… what?” The brunet blinked confused. “You… err, you shouldn’t be envious.”

The barista laughed. “Sorry, I didn’t want to make you feel awkward.”

“No, being honest, I think you are pretty attractive too” he admitted.

The younger widened his eyes. “Oh.” He averted his gaze and after a few seconds of uncomfortable silence, he spoke again. “We have to change trains on this stop” he said, still looking at his feet.

“Okay” answered the latter.

Daehyun thanked god when they got off the transport because his heart was bumping so hard that he feared the whole train was hearing it. ‘Why am I so nervous, geez?

They took another train which directly went to their stop. It was considerably less crowded and they actually could take a seat. For a few minutes they remained in silence, but soon they started chatting again about trivial stuff and Daehyun could forget about his sudden nervousness. Finally they reached Seorim Dong. The brunet felt really tired so he was relieved to be already nearby his house. But somehow he didn’t want to say goodbye to the barista. He probably wouldn’t have to meet again with Himchan, so he really didn’t have a reason to go to Youngjae’s coffee shop. And although they had each other numbers they weren’t close enough to hang around without a reason. ‘I’m stressing too much over this.’

“Well, do you know how to get home from here?” asked Youngjae while exiting the subway station.

The latter gave him a thankful smile. “Yes, don’t worry.”

The barista hummed understanding and pursed his lips. “Well, so, see you around, Daehyun.”

The elder nodded. “See you, and thank you for today.”

Youngjae turned around and met his friend’s eyes. “No, thank you, I had fun” he thanked smiling.

“Text me when you get home” said Daehyun bidding goodbye with his hand.

“Sure” answered the latter getting further.

 


Oh ma gah, this chap is sooo gay  (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Heey, how have you been? I missed you, I've been traveling with my family so I haven't been able to update, sorry【´∩`】 Aww, and today I'm going again, so I don't really know when will I update again ghghghghgh (lll´・Д・`)

It was so difficult to write this chap, really, I wrote it like three times and ahsagsdgsadh But I think is gay enough heeheehe ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) But I really like writing from Dae's pov cause I'm so freaking in love with Yoo Youngjae asdghdjshfshfghshjfhdfgfkfdch *dies*

Anyway, thank you for subscribing, upvoting and commenting, you make me smile like an idiot each time I think about you <3 uuguhguhu.

Have a nice week~~~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥