When A Boy Turns Into A Man [Kyungsoo]

응답하라 2011 (Answer Me, 2011)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi~! Thank you for subscribing, cnbluemin, deeraakyung, erunino09 and ToDaelover1202~! I really appreciated it. That's why I give to you the second chapter. I hope that all of you would enjoy it~! ^^

P.S.: I would like to apologize in advance for my grammatical mistakes and the overloaded fluffness in this chapter. It felt like I was puking rainbows while writing this one.

 

 

OCTOBER 2011

 

 

By definition, puberty is a period when a boy turns into a man and a girl into a woman. Various physical changes happen that make us awkward. This awkward stage in our lives is the most painful one. How the society perceives you changes. After puberty, being mature is expected. Greater responsibilities are being entrusted to a confused mind. When you're happy, you are not supposed to laugh boisterously in public. When you're sad, you are not supposed to cry like a baby. When you're in pain, you're expected to man up, especially when you're a guy. Gender roles are expected. A man should love woman. A man should protect a woman. A man should provide for a woman. Well, that's just plain stupid...

 

 

Especially when you're in love for the first time.

 

 

 

A man can provide for another man...but when you're in pain, it's okay to be less manly.

 

"Kyungsoo-hyunggie~ Bento, please" Kai-yah clung to my arm like a koala while I'm cooking breakfast for the four of us in this sharehouse. 

"Soo-hyung~ Make me a bento too~" With a matter of seconds, Hunnie also clung into my other arm while using his disgusting aegyo face.

Yes, we share this house. Originally, Suho-hyung lived here alone after he inherited it from his grandparents (Honestly, this is the most modest property that he inherited. Such a rich kid...) but he was lonely. I came here first after Suho-hyungnim blew up my kitchen (and half of my apartment) when I offered him help to make chocolates for Valentine's which he never gave. He said that he got rejected already before he even confessed. Kai-yah and Hunnie came almost at the same time earlier this year. Both of them were members of the varsity dance group in the university. Kai-yah got kicked out from the university dorm for playing loud music at midnight to practice their routine. As for Hunnie, he just wanted to try moving out and live on his own.

"And why should I make you a bento?" I raised my eyebrow as I tried to shrug them off. I tried to flip the omelet despite having my arms being numb from their clinging.

"We have a practice later and we need healthy food. Lot's of healthy food."

"That's right. Soo-hyung, save me from Kkamjong's not-so-delicious fried chicken~"

"Yah!!! Who are you calling 'kkamjong', huh?" Kai-yah flicked Hunnie's forehead. "And you finished two boxes of fried chicken yesterday!"

"Because we're watching baseball!!! And it's too greasy! Tao even said that Luhan-hyung needed broke their toilet last night!"

"But Luhan-hyung ate five boxes! Freaking five boxes, you idiot!!!"

All I coud do was sigh. I got out from their grasp and started getting their bentos ready. I asked them to wash up and wait for their packed lunches. They seriously looked like first grade students with the cheeky grins on their faces as they went up the stairs. I washed my hands to began preparing for a new dish. I did not notice that the oil in the pan was too hot and I accidentally splashed drops of water while I shook my hand to ghave it dry. 

"Aish--!" What could I expect? Hot oil and water were not friends. I hissed but I tried to calm myself and wait for the pain to subside. Well, that's until I got pulled into the dining room. "Hyungnim..."

Hyungnim pushed me down the chair for me to sit down. He quietly got the first aid kit from the kitchen cupboard and returned to my side. He intently watchedm y reaction as he put some dabs of the ointment. I was seriously painful but I tried to keep a poker face. Just as when I was getting used of the pain, Hyungnim pressed hard onto my injury. I could not help but to yelp so loudly (and I almost said " you, ingrateful bastard" to him). And could you believe that he smirked at me as he wrapped my hand with bandage.

"Dyo, just tell me whenever you're in pain. No need to pretend and man up. I'll be gentle for you and with you...always."

 

I ducked my head down as I felt my cheeks burning up. 'I don't need to man up because I am a man,' I said to myself and stood up to prepare three bentos. (Yes, I would have to make one for Hyungnim also as my thanks to him.)

 

 

 

A man can protect another man...but when you're sad, it's okay to bawl your eyes out.

 

"Soo-hyung..." Hunnie grabbed my chin to tilt my head. He was looking intently at my face. I hoped to God that I was not blushing in front of my disgustingly lovely dongsaeng. I pushed away his hand and went up to my room. But as soon as I dropped my bag, Hunnie barged into my room with a white box on his hand.

"Who did that to you?" He sat down to the lower bunker (Oh, I shared a bunker bed with Kai.) and gestured me to sit beside him. I just stood there and stared at him with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter