Because It's That Kind Of Love [Hun]

응답하라 2011 (Answer Me, 2011)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for the super late update. I had writer's block for a few days. And I had to visit the hospital again..and will be back there again tomorrow... TT_TT Mianhe~ OTZ ANYHOO~ Thank you, new subscribers: inawairuz, memoir21, Daniera1590, snowyara, sesoolover, exolove10, hellyuno, mkrease, 1icehoneysam4 and redmichiru (Did I forget to mention someone? :O)

Of course, unbeta-ed. Sorry in advance for grammatical and typographical errors. :( Some lines were lifted from Answer Me 1994 and from Park Seojun's Letting You Go. <3

Enjoy, chinggu dul~!


 

DECEMBER 31, 2011

ONE HOUR AND TWENTY-SEVEN MINUTES BEFORE MIDNIGHT

 

 

I have only one older brother. This might sound weird but it's my dream to marry my brother.

When we were young, he lets me play with his toys. If I happened to break them he would just pat my head. Whenever he found something that would interest me, he would immediately show it to me. He would always give me the larger one whenever we failed to equally split a double stick popsicle. If I get teased with my lisp, he would confront those who teased me. My brother had a friend. All the three of us were inseperable. It was like we're fated that the three of us would be always together. Everything in my childhood felt like a dream...until that nightmare came and fate took away my brother to a place where we were not allowed to follow. Since then, my older brother's friend swore that he would be my older brother from that day on. He promised to be the best brother in the world. When I broke his glasses, he pinched me but hugged me tightly as I wailed while saying sorry. He would always let me have his share of the double stick popsicle and would just watch me as I ate both. When the big kids from higher years than him picked on me because of my lisp, he would confront them and whacked their heads despite his small stature. He fulfilled his promise on being the best brother in the world for me. But years later, in my first year as an elementary student, fate took away my brother again and moved him in faraway city. Well, I did not know how far Seoul is to Gyeonggi Province. I was seven then. I had to wait for ten years to be on my own and follow him.

 

 

 

"I'm the King," Suho-hyung raised his wooden chopsticks. He glanced at Soo-hyung who was sitting between me and the giant elf. My hyung then scratched his cheeks with his two fingers. Suho-hyung then looked at Chen-sunbae and then Chen-sunbae hyung twisted his body and stretched one of his hand with just four fingers sticking out. "2 and 4..." Soo-hyung and Chen-sunbae crossed both of their hands stealthily into an 'X' and mouthed, 'Ppo ppo~'. Suho-hyung tried his best not to snicker, "...Kiss."

"Daebak~" Kai clapped his hands and gave a high-five to Suho-hyung. "Okay, who is 2 and 4? You need to do it immediately or else both of you will drink a glass of soju in one shot. Again, who is 2?"

Chanyeol-hyung then raised his chopsticks and sulked. Baekhyun-hyung then throwed his chopticks. "This is crazy." Both pof them looked away from each other.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to do it right away," Suho-hyung pushed him to Chanyeol-hyung, who blocked his face with his hands. "At this rate, you'll start liking each other."

"Don't say things that don't even make sense, Hyung. Why would I even make friends with this giant who can't even fit his head on your doorway?! Why would I even like a -head beagle?!"

", just shut up." Chanyeol-hyung turned to Baekhyun-hyung and glared at him.

"Who gave you the right to tell me to shut up?!" Eye-liner hyung then pushed Chanyeol. "I can say what I want and you have nothing to do with whatever I am going to say!"

Soo-hyung grabbed a handful of peanuts and threw it to Baekhyun's face, "Aish---That's so childish!"

"Why are you doing only this to me?! It's his fau--" Another handful of peanuts was launched.

Both of them had imaginary thunderstorm clouds above their heads. I just wanted to laugh so hard as they were still glaring with each other. Without looking at each other, Chanyeol-hyung and Baekhyun-hyung got themselves a glass of alcohol each. If I could just play a laughing goat as a background...

Soo-hyung suggested another round but this time, we were using beer in tall glasses. Of course, we conspired again to make them befriend each other again. If we were about to look back why they fought, it was because of a petty reason. Honestly, Chanyeol being the stupid beagle that he was caused this ruckus. Because of Chanyeol-hyung's love for Doraemon, he wanted to send out post cards for New Year's. Yes, he bought cards and stamps but miserably failed to buy himself a set of pens or just any writing material. He was about to go out from the apartment that he was sharing with Baekhyun-hyung but he spotted the innocent and newly-bought colore eyeliners on the table. Baekhyun actually saved his allowance for that and really studied hard for the last exams so he could reward himself. But guess what that stupid dog did? He used Baekhyun-hyung's precious eyeliners to write and draw ridiculous dragons in his card. Chanyeol-hyung even complained that they were low-quality pencils that needed to be sharpened every now and then. And what's left with Mr. Fab's (or Mr. 's) eyeliners? Almost nothing! That almost nothing resulted to Chanyeol-hyung untimely eviction in their apartment. And what was more fun with that? Baekhyun-hyung buried his clothes in the snow! He even made a Chanyeol-look-a-like snowman wear the beagle's leopard-printed boxers as a hat! How sick was that?! But probably, Soo-hyung would react more than that if I were to make paper planes with his recipe books. I couldn't help shivering with just the thought of having a SatanSoo creeping on my back and kicking (literally) me out of the house.

This time it was Soo-hyung's turn. "1 and 3, kiss."

Baekhyun-hyung and Chanyeol-hyung...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...drank the beer. In tall glasses. One shot. What the heck.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter