New Home

Too Little, Too Late

Everything is not going to be okay. 

I'm lying on my queen-sized bed wordlessly staring up at the ceiling. I can't even hear what musc is playing thorugh my headphones. I'm just too far caught up with my own thoughts. A boarding school really? Then what's the point of me having my own room? Thoughts just zoom through my head, and I barely have time to even try to answer my own question before another one pops up. I can't even speak Korean fluently. How am I supposed to even go to school and live in a foreign place?

I feel so small surrounded by all my thoughts. I feel lost in life. It's going to be one heck of a stay in Korea.

 

 

I look up at the enormous archway of the entrance of the school. Wow, school in Korea sure looks different from school in Australia. Everything looked posh, pristine and perfect. Looking down at my TopShop jumper and white H&M skirt, I had never felt so out of place anywhere. My aunt pressed the almost invisible intercom on the wall and it crackled to life.

"Star Museum Boarding High School. How can I help you?"

"We are here for the enrolment off our niece. I called Principal Lee a month agoo about this and he has organised everything. He seems to be expecting us." My aunt answers without hesitation.

"Just a moment, let me double check and verify everything.... Oh yes, that's right. Shin Chaeyeong is it? Oh come right through. I believe Luhan and Tao will be showing you around he school after you meet with Principal Lee. They know Chinese and will be able to help Chaeyeong through the year. They will come to get you in 2 minutes. Have a great day."

"Thank you" I say.

The walkway iron gate silently swings open and I walk through astounded dragging my suitcase behind me. My uncle helps with the rest of my bags while I stare at the scene before me. A beautiful rose garden lies infront of me and a plaque embellished 'Welcome' provides the perfect touch to finish off the garden. And just while I'm admiring how beautiful the arrangement of the budding roses look two handsomeboys who look around my age appear next to me.

"Hi!" The shorter of the two smiles dazzlingly. "I'm Luhan. It's nice to meet you. You speak Chinese right?"

"Hi I'm Tao. We'll be showing you around the school. We hope you'll be our friend."

I hope so too. I'm smile nervously. Maybe I might have some friends after all.