Chapter 8

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a few days, Ji Hyo did not in her mood. Her faces always gloomy and tension. Yoon Eun Hye realized her unnie change in her mood.

“Unnie… Why are you like this? You seem very quiet lately.”

“I feels regret, Eun Hye-ya”

“Wae?”

“I didn’t manage to save him.”

Eun Hye immediately knows who the person Ji Hyo talked about.

“Unnie.. We’ve tried the best we could. But God’s power was ahead of everything.”

Ji Hyo nodded slowly, agreed with Eun Hye statement.

“But why you seem so emotional with that case? As far as I know, we did have many failures in surgery, but why this case has disturbing your mind?” asked Eun Hye, softly.

“He was a fighter, Eun Hye-ya. A hero. He died because of us.” Ji Hyo spoke.

“Us?”

“Yes.. Us. He died because he wants to ensure our happiness. He died because I didn’t manage so save him. I didn’t manage to replies his services to us.”

 Eun Hye pulled Ji Hyo into her embraces. Slowly she’s caressing her unnie’s long silk hair.

“You need to rest unnie. I’m suggests you take a few days leave. Maybe after your leave, your mind and feelings calmed.”

Ji Hyo looking at Eun Hye’s face and slowly she nodded.

 

***

 

“Ji Hyo unnie really emotional with the intelligence agents case.” storied Eun Hye to Ji Hoon when the finished with an operation that evening.

“Why with her?” Ji Hoon asked.

“She’s too admired with that man. It seems like that man has a special spot in her heart. And that, confusing me.”

“There must be a reason…”

“What I know is, Ji Hyo unnie’s father is a police commissioner. He died, killed by an assassin.”

Ji Hoon nodded. He starts to understand why Song Ji Hyo was too emotional with the intelligence agents case which she didn’t manage to saved.

“Ohh.. I know it.” he talked, slowly.

“You know what?”

“Ani… Only the person that had a warrior’s blood will understand a warrior’s heart.”

“A warrior’s blood?” Eun Hye didn’t understand.

“Yup Eun Hye-ya. Her father was a fighter. He fights for justice. That agent also was a fighter. He fights for our freedom, to ensure our safety. They fight in their own fields. And they died because of their duties.”

Eun Hye nodded her head, starts to understand after hearing Ji Hoon explanations.

“ In Ji Hyo sunbaenim body, there was a warrior’s blood flowed. That’s why she felt so emotional if there was a fallen warrior.”

“Ji Hyo unnie had a warrior’s blood?”

“Neh.. At the young age, she has been recognized as one of the best surgeon in the world. So, that’s why I told you, she’s also a warrior.  She was the heroine in her field. She was pure warrior’s descendent.”

Eun Hye realized Dr Song Ji Hyo have a high intelligence. At her age of 27, she’s been recognized as the best surgeon specialist. Her efficiencies in handling tough cases have impressed many specialists. Her succeed percentage in saving chronicle cases was high, the highest in South Korea. 

Song Ji Hyo’s name has been recognized around the globe because of the laser technics of brain surgery that she pioneered. She also the invertors of artificial heart that didn’t used a battery that now has been used at the specialist hospital around the world.

 

***

 

It has been two days after Ji Hyo takes a leave. Her mother, Miss Song Ok-sook has visiting her uncle a day before. She’s now alone in her apartment, hungry and bored. She’s been lying on her beds since morning.

“Argghhhh… I feel so bored. Why omma has to visit samchon now. I’m hungry… Hmmm.” Ji Hyo mumbled alone in her apartment.

She’s came out from her bedroom and walked towards the kitchen. As she arrived at the kitchen, she immediately opens her fridge. On her mind, she wants to make some snacks for her. But the emptiness of her own fridge upset her.

“Ommo… Ottoke.. There is nothing here.” Ji Hyo pouts her lips and closed the fridge.

She sat at the barstool and lying her head on the table while massaging her stomach.

“Ommaaa…… I’m hungry…..” she’s pretended to cried, imagined her mom was there.

Suddenly, she stood from the barstool and starts to run into her bedroom. She’s decided to buy some snacks from the stall near her apartment.

After having a slight change, she grabs her apartment keys and runs to the front door. She’s locked her door and starts walking to the stall.

She can feel the night breeze when she walks out from her apartment. “Aigoo… I’m freezing…” Ji Hyo complained and starts too walked. 

As she walking slowly towards the stall, one guy wearing a hoodie and a headphone suddenly sprinted passing her from her back. Ji Hyo who didn’t realized the guy feels shocked.

As she tries to scolding the guy, her voice didn’t come out as she wanted. She was in complete silent. Her eyes fixed towards the guy’s face. 

 

‘Kim Jong Kook ssi..’  Ji Hyo talked in her mind.

Ji Hyo keeps staring at Kim Jong Kook who was ready to crossing the roads. She can feel the butterfly flying inside her stomach. One sweet smile starts too appeared on her lips. Somehow, she felt so calmed when she saw Kim Jong Kook. All the things that disturbing her mind lately, immediately disappeared. Even her thought of food also disappeared.

If someone saw her who are standing and smiling alone at the road, will guessing she was a complete idiot.  Forgetting her food, Ji Hyo starts to follow Kim Jong Kook who now jogged slowly towards the park.

“What he doing here? I don’t think his house near here. Eun Hye stayed at Incheon, why he’s here at Donam-dong?” Ji Hyo talks to herself.

 As her curiosity rising, she continues to follow Jong Kook from back. When Jong Kook arrived at a horizontal bar inside the park, he suddenly stopped. Ji Hyo who was shocked with Jong Kook’s sudden act, immediately hid herself behind a tree, stalking Kim Jong Kook. 

And a smile once again appears on her lips.

 

 

 

Kim Jong Kook jogged while hearing his favorite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter