Chapter 23

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “That’s it… We will commence once we got conformation! Dismissed.”

Jong Kook says strictly and ends the emergency meeting with his division. Quickly, he organizes all his file and walk out towards his office. Dong Hoon follows him behind, dragging his feet. Both of them let out a heavy sighs, feeling the tension after a huge important meeting.

                “Hyung…” Haha says after he flop down at the sofa inside Jong Kook office while Jong Kook sat at his office chair.

                “Hmm…” Jong Kook hums shortly, replying Haha’s call.

                “This is getting worse. We need to end this ASAP.”

Jong kook sighs again for the nth time. “I know… I never thought this case is related with the case that almost killed me before…”

                “Yeah… I didn’t know it either…I don’t know how I can miss that… I am sorry for let this information out… Thankfully our guy did a great job cross-checking them with past operation.”

                “Nahh… Gwenchana…. We are only a human. Everyone makes mistake, although your mistake almost cost us pretty bad…” Jong Kook looks at his dongsaeng. “ You should quit drinking, shorty… Hahaha..” Jong Kook tries to ease the situation. Haha just chuckles, not affected by Jong Kook tease.

The new information they require surely takes a huge toll on the team. As shockingly the information is, as their commander, Jong Kook knew he have to calm the situation or it will interfere with their entire operation later.

But to be honest, there’s one new information catches his attention earlier. And it bugs him to the root.

                “Is it…. true, Dong Hoon na? That our main suspect is that guy’s son?” Jong Kook asks with his eyes worriedly looking at Haha.

                “From the information and conformation we’ve got earlier… yes, it is true…” Haha nods couple of time.

Jong Kook massages his temple. He shakes his head, didn’t want to believe the fact. “I can’t believe this.  And all of this happened because of what I assume one big misunderstanding, right? Hmmm… I think we should re-open this old case and gather all the evidence back.”

                “Yes… I think that the best way to solve this. But… You still had the encrypted file, hyung?”

Jong Kook nods slowly. “I still got it. But I think I left it somewhere that I didn’t want to step my foot again.”

                “You want me to take it?”

                “Nope… It’s okay… it’s my job anyway.” Jong Kook scratches his not so itchy head. “Damn this is so troublesome…. If we knew it earlier, none of this will happen.”

                “I think we should clarify everything, hyung...”

                “And how we want to do that? We are too late. Almost half of the agents who related with the case are dead. This is not a small matter. Our old division is in the verge of extinction. This guy is no joke. I’d tell you this seriously, we must counter all his action after this.” Jong Kook rebukes almost angrily.

Haha takes a deep breath and let out his opinion; “I am aware of it. But we also got advantages. I can ask Go Eun about all of his plan and who kno..”

                “Nope. I don’t think Go Eun know anything. She is his pawn. But he act like he is Go Eun’s pawn. You get it?” Jong Kook cuts his word with a fact. Haha tries to reply, but failed. He just nods slowly, accepting the defeat. “She will never know… And he will never tell her anything… Unless…” Jong Kook suddenly smiles as a fresh idea storming inside his brain.

                “Unless what?” Haha feels weird.

                “Unless we make it like she know everything..”

                “Huh??” Haha frowns. He clearly didn’t understand a bit.

                “Haishh… Your IQ surely didn’t match with your capability.” He chuckles after he sees Dong Hoon slightly hurt with his remark.

                “Here… We will do it like this….”

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Jong Kook comes home from a hectic day just to be greeted by a delicious smells from the kitchen. His lips forming a wide smile and he walks quickly towards the source of happiness. He stunned with the scenery. With a loose bun-style hair, white sleeveless shirt, and short jeans, she sure is loveable to see. He takes 5 full minutes, appreciating the environment he had in his apartment.

The person clearly didn’t realize the presence of Jong Kook behind her. Reach closer towards the person, Jong Kook gives her a back hug and buried his nose at her bare clean neck.

                “I am home my queen.” Jong Kook says softly, inhaling her scent and tighten his hug.

                “Ommo.. oppa… You scared me.”

                “Hehehe… Since when did my Ji Hyo know to be scared? Isn’t she fearless?”

Song Ji Hyo turns to face her man and circles her hand around his neck. “Oppa… I might be fearless, but if you creep behind me like that, you can give me a heart attack, you know.”

Jong Kook smiles sweetly and gives her a quick kiss. “I am sorry. I will never do that again.”

                “It’s okay… Now you already home, go clean your… Ommo... you wear a uniform.” Ji Hyo says shockingly.

                “Wae yo?” Jong Kook asks while checking his body entirely. “What’s wrong with it, Ji Hyo ah?”

                “It’s… It’s first time I see you… In army uniform…”

The word ‘army’ triggers his acknowledgement. Yes. It his first time wearing formal army attires in front of Ji Hyo. Not his usual black jacket or ‘office’ attire like he usually wore whenever he meets her. He usually changes his uniform at his office, as he is a bit secretive with him being a commander of an army. Hell – an elite army. But today is an exception. He has to blame it on his hectic day.

                “Err… Yes?!” He stutters in front of Ji Hyo blank stares.

                “I… I am impressed… You look stunning oppa…” Ji Hyo praises, touching his body here and there. “And look at the badges… You are an officer is it?”

Jong Kook just nods, looking at Ji Hyo’s proud face. She looks like she already knew about him being an army officer. And that confuse him. He never told Ji Hyo about his job or anything he do for living. He just assume that Ji Hyo know he work as a ‘clerk’ from his ex.  But before he can ask about it, Ji Hyo cuts him and asks softly;

                “Go clean yourself, oppa… I make your favorite. Don’t want it to be cold, didn’t we?” Ji Hyo says and plants a soft kiss on Jong Kook cheek.

Jong Kook frowns turns to smile with that kiss. He knew he have explanation to do after this. She is his precious after all. “Arraso, my princess. Wait for me.”

                “Yahh… Don’t be too cheesy…” Ji Hyo slaps lightly his .

                “Hahahaha… But you like it, is it?” Jong kook teases. He tries to tickle her, but his effort was fruitless. Ji Hyo immediately pushes him toward his bedroom.

                “Palli… I’m hungry… My dinner is waiting…”

Jong Kook laughs with her antics. “Arasso…” He says and walks quickly to his bedroom and having a quick shower.

 

A solid 15 minutes, Jong Kook come out from his den with a Bermuda short and sleeveless white shirt. Trying to matches with his beloved- duhh. His hair slightly damp, as he didn’t dried it properly.

                “You’ve done, oppa… Come… I’ll serve you today.”

                “Hmm… Table for two, please.” Jong Kook tries to role-playing which being accept with giggles from Ji Hyo.

                “Follow me sir. There’s only this table available for today. Usually we didn’t take single, but for you, I’ve make an exception. Please, have your seat.” Ji Hyo pulls the chair for Jong Kook.

                “Emm miss… Since I’m ‘single’ tonight… Would you accompany me? There’s one more chair available..”

                “Emm… I can’t… You see… I have a boyfriend. Nope… I have a fiancé. So… I have to reject your offer.” Ji Hyo says while serving him his dinner.

                “No one will know… Please…” Jong Kook grabs her hand and gives her a pout lips.

Ji Hyo chuckles with his attitude. He looks weirdly cute. “Okay… Since you are a bit persuasive, I’ll accompany you. But with one condition.” Ji Hyo shows him one finger.

                “What is it?” Jong kook asks playfully.

                “Don’t tell my fiancé…” Ji Hyo whispers at his ear. Her low voice causes his body to shiver lightly, feeling the intoxication of her aura.

She smiles in satisfaction when she manages to do that to him. She walks away to sit at the chair in front of him, but her stride stops when Jong Kook suddenly pulls her to sit at his lap.

                “Who says you can sit there? Your place is here… on my lap, love…” Jong Kook whispers seductively in her ear.

                “You are too cheesy lately, oppa… But I love it..” Ji Hyo kisses his cheek lovingly before takes her comfort sit on Jong Kook’s thigh.

Jong Kook hugs her with his left hand, securing her on his lap. His right hand began to ravaging the dishes in front of him. Scooping a mouthful amount, he whines happily and eats the delicacy.

                “Ermmm… This is delicious…” Jong Kook praises her cooking.

                “You like it? I use special ingredient for it..” Ji Hyo claims while enjoying her own plates.

                “You did? What is it? What is your special ingredient?”

                “Love…”

Jong Kook let out his hearty laugh out. “Yahh you told I’m too cheesy. But what’s with that?”

                “Well… Since my love is being cheesy with me, why don’t I treat him as equal..” Ji Hyo plainly answers. “What? You didn’t like it?”

                “Hahaha... I didn’t say it, right? So, of course I love it.” Jong Kook continues to enjoy his meal. Ji Hyo really did a great job. Her cooking is on top notch. Like the way he love.

                “How’s your day, oppa?”

Jong Kook startles by her question. Not because he’s doing something wrong, but the impact from the hectic day makes him stress. And he caught off guard as her question reminds him about the tension.

He places his spoon down, now taking both of his hand to Ji Hyo waist as he hugs her slightly. He rest his head on Ji Hyo’s back, letting out a heavy breath. All his action didn’t pass from Ji Hyo’s attention.

                “Wae yo, oppa? Is everything okay?”

                “It so stressful… I’m having a very harsh day…” Jong Kook says.

Ji Hyo grabs Jong Kook hand on her waist and grips it slowly. ”I’m sorry for asking… You know what… Let’s finish our dinner, and then we can talk about it… okay jagiya?”

Jong Kook thinks for a couple of second before he replies; “Sounds good… it’s been awhile too since you tell me about your work.”

                “Good. Now eat up soldier.” Ji Hyo commands as she took a mouthful and starts to feed him. “ Aahhhhhh….”

 

 

~~~

 

 

Jong Kook sit at his sofa, blankly look at the television. His mind wandering away, following the soft breeze that came in from the open window. Song Ji Hyo is in their bathroom, taking a nice clean bath after an hour fighting seafood to make Jong Kook’s favorite meal earlier.

His eyes slowly close, sign of tiredness and fatigue from a full of surprise and stress day. His mind catch up to the moment he knew about new discovery of their cases – a very surprising discovery~

 

~

 

                ~“We’ve got new information regarding our suspect, Choi Jin Hyuk.” Said one of the captain of Jong Kook’s division.”Our intelligence got this after cross checking with all the cases we have conducted.”

                “So are you telling me that this culprit has relation with our passed operation?” Jong Kook voice calmly asking, checking the file given by his staff.

                “Yes sir. Choi Jin Hyuk, real name; Kim Tae He is the son of Kim Kwang Kyu.”

                “Ww…What??? Are you serious?” Haha suddenly speak with slightly high voice.

                “What is it , Major Ha?” Jong Kook asks, feeling weird with his action.

Haha looks expectantly at Jong Kook. He knows he have to explain it to him as he got limited knowledge about the case.

                “Sir… Kim Kwang Kyu is the victim of a random shot in the operation that got you injured badly. An addition, that operation is the only operation that has involvement with civilian. But Kim Kwang Kyu turns out to be undercover agent from North Korea that has been chased and living in the south as normal civilian. From the investigation, he did not have any part with the operation. All I can say is he is at the wrong place at the wrong time.”

                “No wonder his son got the capability to do all of this… Is it the case that you always mention when I have problem to remember?”

                “To be frank, yes it is. If you want the detail about the operation, I’ve got the file. I think it’s time for you to remember about the case.”

                “Alright… Give me the file after this…” Jong Kook nods to Haha and continue to focus on their meeting.

“Proceed...”~

 

~

 

                “Oppa….”

 

 

                “Oppa…. Jagiya…. Wake up.”

Jong Kook startles from his reverie when he felt someone calling and nudging his body. He opens his eyes just to meet with her brown clear orbs.

                “Uhmm… You’ve done, love..”

                “Yes… let’s sleep… you look so tired. Kajaa…” Ji Hyo pulls him to stand and lead him towards the bedroom.

                “I’m not sleepy though…” Jong Kook claims.

                “You look like you need a sleep. Look at your eye bag. Ewww ..” Ji Hyo rubs softly his eyes, caring like a mother.

                “It’s okay… Come here… We gonna have a bedtime stories.” Jong Kook pulls her to lie down beside him at the bed.

Ji Hyo quickly obeys and lie her head down on his chest with her hand circling around his waist. She cuddles like a cat, placing her head up and down to find a comfortable spot on his broad meaty plate. After got a perfect spot, she hums satisfyingly and tightening her hugs.

Jong Kook chuckles as he looking at her act. He rubs lovingly her hair and place a quick kiss on her temple.

                “You are so lovely, you know that.” Jong Kook says while playing with her hair.

                “Hehehe… I know… But it’s only for you…”

Jong Kook smiles widely with her sweet statement. “Ji Hyo ya… How do we meet? You once told me that we meet because you hit me on the road? Is it true?”

                “Hmm?? Yes it is true oppa.” Ji Hyo looks up to meet his eyes. “I hit you with my car. If I remember correctly, I even got evidence for it.”

                “Evidence?” Jong Kook asks weirdly.

Ji Hyo pulls his right arms and pointing at the medium size below his elbow. “This… I’m the cause of this… and look… how neat I stitch up your wound.” Her finger trails down following the scar. “You really didn’t remember?”

                “Well… I did remember but not all of it. I once thought that memory was nothing but a dream. But when you save me that day… When I see how you treat me… I know it’s not a dream and I know that I can’t let you go, hence – our first date.”

She can feel the warmness on her cheeks. She remembers their first date – the stubborn Kim Jong Kook who didn’t want to go home after being discharged. “Me too… I start to fall in love with you again that time…”

                “Again?”

                “Yup… Again… You know… I admit that I fall in love at the first sight… But when I know you are someone’s…” She stops as she looking down avoiding his gaze. “Husband… I thought I need to forget that memories…”

                “Shhh….” Jong Kook puts his finger on Ji Hyo’s lip. “There’s no more me and her. Now it’s only me and you… Ji Hyo and Jong Kook.”

Ji Hyo looks up, facing her dearest face. “I love you oppa… I really do…”

                “I love you too. Thanks for coming into my life…” Jong Kook gives a sweet kiss. “Wait…”

Ji Hyo pouts, pissed with the quick kiss she receives. She wants more.” “What?”

                “That means our encounter at the rugby game? You already know about me that time?”

Ji Hyo burst out laughing. She didn’t expect him to realize that. “Hahahahahahaha… You got me there.”

                “Wahhh… You really are full of surprise.”

                “Well… I need to be quick or I will lose you that time…”

                “This girl jinjja… How dare you trick me like that. You are so naughty.” Jong Kook pinches lightly her ear. His action makes her giggles. “How do you know, really?”

                “Hmmm… I am sure you know this… That I am your… ex’s senior… “ Jong Kook nods slowly, agreeing with her statement. “She always shared everything with me… Everything. That’s why I knew who you are. How are you when you still… in relationship with her… With that, I sometimes feel hurt… I feel pity with you… if only I can get her hand off you in which I know I can’t…”

Her eyes start to wet with tears. She somehow feels bad. “I can’t stand every time she mocks you, she curses you, she makes fun of you… I know it’s not my place to interfere… That’s why I tried to help her with your marital problem…I’ve tries to change her perception, I’ve tried to change her mind… I tried to be patience with all her ignorance… I … I tried to forget you…”

Her tears finally fall down, wetting her soft cheeks. Few drops fall on Jong Kook chest which brings his attention to her. “Hey… Don’t cry…” He wipes her tears on her cheek lovingly.

                “Oppa… Do I look like… someone who steals someone’s husband? Do I look like that? I feel like one to be honest.”

                “No… absolutely not… You came when everything was done between us. You came to fill my heart when it’s empty… You came when I realize that I finally free from meaningless relationship. So, it’s not your fault…Plus, you meet me even before I meet her right… So, technically speaking you booked me first than her. I am yours at the first place. That’s really not your fault. Don’t feel like that… Ji Hyo ya… You complete me.”

                “Thank you, oppa… Thank you for accepting me. Even though your reasoning is utterly weird”

                “Yaishh…No.. Thank you for loving this lonely man.” Jong Kook claims. “You know… Love is mysterious. One time you can love this person and some other time you can love others. Fall in love is easy, but to keep it, it is hard. So we can’t blame it to anyone or to ourselves. The only fault you did was… That you came too late in my life… But I still feel grateful… Thank you, Ji Hyo ya… I love you…”

Jong Kook tightens his hug on Ji Hyo. Both of them keep silence, enjoying both of their presence. Jong Kook actually wanted to ask about her past relationship, but he knew it’s not a good time for that. He put his eagerness aside and put his attention on her wellbeing instead.

“Oppa… Can I know how you lost your memory?” Ji Hyo asks after a minute of silence.

He reaches for her hand and rubs it softly. “Of course… But… I hope you can be patience and don’t feel mad.” He inhales and continues; “To be honest… I can’t remember that well how I lost my memory. Haha always told me that I lose it after some incident that almost cost me my life… It happened before I got married with her and of course no one knew it except certain people involved.”

                “So, you tell me that you almost dead? Oppa… What happen? I don’t expect you can be in situation like that especially with your capabilities. I’m sure that incident is not a normal typical road incident.” Ji Hyo stops and breaths steadily. She is aware that she almost spit out something that she shouldn’t. But her concerns about his real job bug her mind. “Oppa… Your job is too dangerous. I can afford to lose you if that kind of incident happens again.”

                “Ji Hyo ya… I am very sure Eun Hye told you what I do for living…I want to be honest with you, I am not what you really think I am… I am…” Jong Kook says, didn’t realize the crucial hint of truth Ji Hyo told.

                “I already know, oppa… I know who you really are…” Ji Hyo cuts with a firm answer.

                “M-mwuhh?? ”  Jong Kook stares his lovely girlfriend who smiles at him. He truly confused now. “Ww..What… How do you know? Are you a stalker?”

                “Paboo… I’m not a stalker. Remember Makino Chaya?”

He closes his eyes, try to remember but failed. “I can’t…”

                “Three guys with sword… Ring a bell?” Ji Hyo gives him some hint.

With the hint Ji Hyo gave, he finally recalled the even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter