Chapter 18

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Go Eun opens her eyes slowly as she can see the ray of sunlight barge in from the windows in front her. It was early in the morning when she wakes up. She looks around her apartment as she’s wondering how the hell she was there, sleeping at the window.

“Ahhh.. I might be falls asleep here… hmm..” She mumbles as she remembers how she ends up sleeping there.

She wonders around again as she can’t see anyone inside her apartment. No signs of anyone, no sign of her associates, Choi Jin Hyuk who was sleeping at the couch earlier. What she can see was a set of breakfast and a note at the table.

 

I'M GOING OUT, TREAT YOURSELF. HAVE THE BREAKFAST BOSS!

 

Assuming that her associates has begun his tasks, Kim Go Eun sat again at the sofa, ignoring the breakfast her associate prepared, and place her vision on the morning scenery outside.

And somehow she recalled her dream last night. The dream of the last time her and her brother, Kim Sooro had a conversation together. The last conversation before she forced to abandoned her team in an operation.

“I miss you, oppa…. I’m sorry… I have to break my promise….”

 

Take a long breath, Kim Go Eun slowly says; “I have to kill him…..”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“What a nightmare…..”

Kim Jong Kook mumbles alone as soon as he opens his swollen slink eyes.

It is five minutes to seven in the morning, and he still at his bed, feel the laziness to get up from the bed. Yesterday was the worst day of Jong Kook’s life. Never in his life that he felt so pissed, stressed and tension while doing his work. Plus the embarrassment of last night ‘tragedy’ between him and Ji Hyo.

How the hell was that happened? How she was there? How she get in? How will she look at me after this?

All the question mark starts to linger inside his mind. And unfortunately, it already makes him stress up earlier in the morning. He immediately checks his mobile for any call or at least a notification from Ji Hyo. And there’s nothing. He slowly sighed as the tension rising inside him.

Cupping his head, he tries to remember the last night ‘tragedy’ which brings him a huge embarrassment.

 

 

 

Flashback

 

Kim Jong Kook slings his backpack over one shoulder and walk briskly towards the elevator, after parks his car at his apartment parking lot. He needs to clear his head, focus, and not let things beyond his control distract him. Yes, it was a very day at work.

After getting a threat call from Kim Go Eun, all the staff that involves with the operation feel so stressed and the situation was tensed. They were very shocked and wondering how Kim Go Eun can know about the operation. It felt like everything was so wrong, yet all the information still secured. But how the hell that Kim Go Eun knows about the operation? How? Somehow he felt like there is an inside informant that leaks the information about the operation.

He punches the elevator call button and, while waiting for it, he steps a few back to the outside to take some night breeze. What has he missed? There is no such thing as a perfect crime. Everything leads to something that leads to someone that leads to the culprit. But how still the information leaks out, especially it was leak straight to Kim Go Eun?

The elevator door opens and he ascend to his floor. As he steps out of the lift, his mobile beeps. It is a missed call from Ji Hyo. It must have come during his ride in the elevator where there is no reception. Incredibly, the name of Ji Hyo at the screen of his mobile are enough to make the smile on his face appeared.

 

He speed dials Song Ji Hyo’s number “Anyyong Ji Hyo ya… Wae yo?”

 

“Anyyong oppa… Where are you?”

“I’m home.. Where are you?”

“I’m still at work… oppa, about the dinner, I’ll be late, is it okay?”

“Ahhh.. Gwenchana.. Call me when you about to arrive, ok?”

“Nehh oppa… See you later.”

“Nehhh…”

 

 

Kim Jong Kook ends the call with a huge and wide smile he ever had. As he arrive at his floor, he steps out from the elevator and walk towards his apartment. Enter his den, he throws his backpack on the sofa and walks slowly towards his room.

Take off all his clothes, he grabs his towel to take a short bath to refresh himself. He opens the hot shower and let his body being wet by the water. He stretches his hand toward the shampoo, but unfortunately it was empty. Sighing as he felt even the world was wrong to him, he steps out from the shower and tip-toe towards the kitchen.

Quickly grabbing the shampoo from the cabinet at the kitchen, he then tip-toeing back to his bathroom. Like a thunder strike, suddenly he can hear one voice, a woman screaming from his back followed by a loud thug at the floor.

As he feel so shocked and speechless, he hesitantly turns his head and his body toward the voice. And surprisingly, the screams become more louds and deafen the ear. What’s more surprising is, the woman was Song Ji Hyo!

 

“OPPA!!!!! WHY ARE YOU ??”

 

The details of the scream wakes him up from his reverie. And just only now he aware that he was completely !

“Yaaa.. ya…. What.. What are you doing here?” asks Jong Kook while covering his manhood using the liner he snatches from the table nearby.

All he can see was Song Ji Hyo who was covering her face using both of her hand, and a scattered cooking ingredient on the floor.

“I just want to surprise you. But it seems like it was me who more surprised.” Replies Ji Hyo quickly, with her hand still covering her face.

Before he can asks further, Ji Hyo suddenly speaks;

“Oppa… You.. You continue whatever you doing. I’m going home first.”

After finished her sentences, Song Ji Hyo quickly left the apartment in a flash, leaving Kim Jong Kook who was standing at the front of his room with embarrassment and red faces. He was too blank and speechless. He can’t even moves his body due to the embarrassment he just received.

After a few minutes, Jong Kook finally awakes from his dream and walks to the bathroom to finish his bath.

Like a fool, he tries to call Ji Hyo but the call don’t even connected. What he can hear was the voice of the operator, informing that the phone was off. Didn’t want to give up, he tries to call every 5 minutes. Yet his effort didn’t pay off. He also send a lot of text although he knows that Ji Hyo will not read it at time.

Still, Jong Kook try to send a text to Ji Hyo as sounded;

‘Ji Hyo ya… Oppa can explain… please pick up your phone..: ( ‘

 

He wait, and wait, and wait, and wait until he fall asleep with his phone on his chest which shown a candid of Ji Hyo on the screen.

 

 

End of flashback.

 

 

Kim Jong Kook just finishes his morning jogs on the treadmills as the bell ringing, informing there was someone at the door. Walks slowly toward the door, he reaches the door knob and open it. He didn’t see anyone except a pink paper bag, hanging at the door knob.

He takes the paper bag and looks around before he close the door. Didn’t know who the person who send the packages, he take a look inside the paper bag. And he can see a pack of handmade kimbap plus a red handwritten note. Jong Kook opens the note and read the content.

 

‘Oppa…. Don’t worry about last night. Later tonight, I’ll come here. But this time, please wear some clothes okay.’

Song Ji Hyo ^^

 

Finally, after a few hours of misunderstanding, Kim Jong Kook can let out a sigh of relieve as he finally can widely smile as wide as he want. Although he feels a bit ashamed, still he feels happy as Ji Hyo didn’t get him wrong. He also amazed how sporting Ji Hyo can be although she turn off her phone for the entire night.

It was his fault though. It was his first time completely outside the bathroom, even inside his own house. It truly was his first time! And who knows, the first time he did that, it also the moment of huge embarrassment of his entire life.

But he also confused, how can she enter his apartment last night? As he knows, he didn’t give her the passcode or that he thought. Scratching his not itchy head, he opens the container and eats the kimbap that Ji Hyo prepared for him. He decides to have his breakfast first before he take a shower.

While he diligently eats his breakfast, once again the bells ringing as a sign of someone coming. Didn’t expect a visitor, Jong Kook firstly checks the security monitor which he didn’t see anyone. Feel annoyed by the rings, he quickly opens the door.

 

There he found an A4 size brown envelope lying on the floor. Looks around his floor, he immediately picks up the envelope after confirming there is no one around. Walks back toward his breakfast, Jong Kook quickly opens the envelope and scanning the content which is a few picture, a document and a paper cut threat letter.

“What the…..” Jong Kook feels very shock, as he didn’t believe with what he just received.

Quickly snatches his phone, he contacts his dongsaeng, Ha Dong Hoon.

“Palli come here!! This is an order, Major!” says Jong Kook strictly and formally.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Ha Dong Hoon who just received the surprise call from his superior quickly get himself ready and drive toward Jong Kook’s apartment. He who’s luckily in the middle of prepare himself to go to work before, now inside his car driving toward his superior apartment, wonders about the call.

“What’s that all about? He never speaks formally to me outside.” Haha mumbles alone with his faces cringes weirdly.

In matter of time, he arrive at Jong Kook’s apartment and quickly take the elevator up to Jong Kook’s floor. He arrive at the front of the house and punches the caller button as he speaks;

“Hyung… Na yaa…. Dong Hoon.”

From inside he can hear his hyung replies strictly;

“Come in Major! You know the passcode!”

He enters the passcode and slowly twists the door knob to open the door. He enters the tiger’s den slowly as he can feels a weird tense of angry breeze of the tiger. He walks toward his hyung who was standing at the living room after he close the door.

As he walks toward Jong Kook, he’s a bit surprise when he can see Jong Kook’s pistol, asemi-auto Glock which known as the Desert Eagle lying silently on the coffee table. Which caught more of his attention was the document and the pictur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter