Chapter 20

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was cold outside, as the autumn begin to close the grandeur of its. The leaves fall slowly from the tree branch, softly kissing the wet, cold street. The street light dimly shows its ray, bringing the feel of autumn although it almost end. The breeze softly blows, sing the same song with the bird in harmony.

There’s one man with his casual black jeans and a maroon long sleeve shirt which folded to the elbow were standing beside his car, waiting for someone. Seems like he didn’t even bother with the coldness of the season. Some may say that he was weird to stand in the middle of the coldness, with his awkward taste of fashion by pairing a sneakers with jeans. But somehow he looks rather cool and fashionable with the comfortable and matching colors. Sophisticated maybe. Completing his style, his hair was done with a Marco Reus’s Sidecut with sweep touch of pomade, confirming the image of the girl always craving.

 

Walks slowly toward the handsome man, one woman with chicky-grunge style which surprisingly matching the fashion of the guy softly called;

“Oppaa…..”

Kim Jong Kook who was looking down, playing with his mobile immediately get his head up. His eyes rounded and his mouth agape. He was shocked! It was Song Ji Hyo who’s wearing a loose long sleeve shirt with jeans and a sneakers just like him. (If you remember the time Ji Hyo dance with BEAST, the attires just like that, but with a matching color with JK ^^ )

Yet she looks so cute and elegance at the same time with her light touch make up, a pinkish seductive lips and long brown straight hair with a small touch of braid. It just more than enough to send anyone out of the world especially Kim Jong Kook with her cuteness.

“Oppa…. Close your mouth..” says Ji Hyo shyly.

Kim Jong Kook who realizes it, quickly close his mouth and gulping his saliva.

“Mianhe…. You just too beautiful tonight…” Jong Kook says bravely.

“Ahh oppa…. “Ji Hyo whines, feel embarrassed.

“By the way…. Why you wear like this Ji Hyo ya?”

Song Ji Hyo feels irritate and quickly replies; “Yahh Kim Jong Kook! You told me yourself that you want attend a gig! You the one who want a match outfit.”

“Yeah I know, but you look to young with that. Just like a girl which still in her sophomore year.” tease Jong Kook with a hunch of naughty mind.

“A-aahhhh…!!” Ji Hyo whines while cupping her face, feeling the blood rush.

“Kkekekekeke…. Come.. We better get going. Hongdae it’s a bit far you know.” Jong Kook stops teasing and grabbing her hand.

Song Ji Hyo just follows without any complains yet her face still reddened under her make-up, feeling the shyness earlier.

“Ahh you did tell your mother where we gonna be going, right?” Jong Kook asks.

“Nehh…. I’ve told her. She’s not here by the way..”

“Not here? Can I going to your house, right now?” Jong Kook grins.

“OPPA!!”

“Hehehehe…. I’m joking. Gajaa..”

 

Being a gentleman, Jong Kook opens the passenger’s door for Ji Hyo and she enter the car without problems. Closing the door softly, he then walks in and quickly drove toward their destination.

“Oppa…. Tell me about the music.” Ji Hyo starts the conversation by asking about the musician that will perform at the gig.

“H-hmm…. It’s Hyukoh.” Jong Kook says shortly.

“J-JINNJAA??” Ji Hyo suddenly shouts.

Kim Jong Kook who feels shocked, immediately looks at her. “W-waeyo Ji Hyo ya?? You know about them?”

“Of course oppa! I like them! Especially the vocalist! I love his voice.” Ji Hyo says excitingly without realizes the changes of Jong Kook’s face.

“He was so awkward when on the stage but that’s the cute about him. His music was mysterious yet so comfortable.” Ji Hyo continues to praise the band.

“If that the case…. I think I had to cancel the ticket..” 

“A-ahh!! Waee????” Ji Hyo whines.

“I didn’t want to share that ‘like and love’…” Jong Kook says slowly, pretend to be sulking.

“What’s wrong with you?”

Kim Jong Kook just kept silent, ignoring Ji Hyo as he giving her the silent treatment.

Ji Hyo who realizes it, quickly holds his arms. “Oppa…. I may love them, but now I admires you…” Ji Hyo softly planted her kiss on Jong Kook cheek, persuading him.

Kim Jong Kook try to control his face but he couldn’t contains his smile. Song Ji Hyo who saw the smile, pinches hardly Jong Kook arms.

“Auchhh!! What that for?”

“You lying!”

“Hehehe…. I admires you too Ji Hyo ya…” Jong Kook says lovingly.

Song Ji Hyo just smiles with her man jokes. She continues to hold Jong Kook’s right arm while the left steer the steering. Both of them were humming the music that comes out from the radio, with a song of Kim Dokki “Today more than yesterday”, enjoying the moment along the way to Hongdae.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

It was about an hour journey to Hongdae’s street which was popular with independent band and rookie-talented musician. The clock was on 8.20pm when they arrived at the destination. Kim Jong Kook parks his car at special valet spot, at the same building with the stage that the band will perform.

Jong Kook can actually feel the loneliness along the way to Hongdae as he stares at the sleeping beauty beside him who was silently stands her head on the window.

“Hmm what a sleeper, you must be tired, Ji Hyo ya….” Jong Kook mumbles as his hand caressing her hair and face softly.

Unbuckle his seatbelt, Kim Jong Kook come out from his car slowly, didn’t want to disturb Ji Hyo’s nap and stand at the front of his car. He dialed a number on his mobile and bring it to his ear.

“Yobseyo…. Yahh girl! I’m here at the parking lot. Come down!” Jong Kook says to the person and ends the call.

About 2-3 minutes of waiting, one silhouette of a y beautiful woman walks towards him. With her y red short dress, she was surely be the attention of naughty eyes.

“You are late, oppa….” says the woman after giving a hugs.

“Mianhe…. I’m picking up my girl there.” Jong Kook shows at Ji Hyo who still inside the car.

“Ohh…. A new girl, I see….”

“Yahh! There is only one, and it was her. Don’t make any accusation young girl…”

“Hehehe…. Mianhe…. Who knows… You are a hot widower, you know oppa.” tease the woman.

“Shhh…. Don’t talk about ‘her’ anymore…. She nothing to me..” Jong Kook says with his finger on his lips.

“Arasso…. I didn’t bother about your ex-wife. I didn’t even like her…. Luckily you didn’t introduce me to your ex-wife. She seems annoying you know. It was better she didn’t know about your background..”

“Yahh stop it, I say…” warns Jong Kook.

“Yehh yehh…. I stop…”

And the conversation continues with laughing and teasing. They didn’t realizes Ji Hyo actually come out with her pissed face. With her eyes staring at the laughing couple in front her, she then shouts;

“OPPAAA!!!”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Song Ji Hyo wakes from her sleep after hearing someone giggling and laughing. She opens her eyes slowly just to see Kim Jong Kook laughing and teasing with a beautiful hot chick in front of her eyes.

“Who was that?” Ji Hyo mumbles as she feel a bit dizzy after wakes up from her slumber.

Feels annoys and piss with their close interaction as jealousy start controlling her mind, Ji Hyo quickly came out from the car, stares at them who seem didn’t realizes her come out and intentionally close the door hard, followed by a shouts;

“OPPAAA!!!”

 

Kim Jong Kook quite startled with the sudden voice. He turns his head towards the voice just to see a red face of Ji Hyo who seem mad and annoys. He did realizes the face, the face of jealousy. Didn’t wait any longer, he then quickly introduces Ji Hyo to the woman.

“Ji Hyo ya…. Come here… I introduces you, my cousin…. Soyou or her born name Kang Ji-hyun.” Jong Kook says while holding Ji Hyo’s hand, squeezing it a bit to release some of her tension.

Immediately, Ji Hyo’s sour face turns bright as she extends her hand for a shake. And for her surprise, Soyou didn’t reach her hand. Instead, she take a step forward and tightly hugs Ji Hyo’s body.

“Ahh unnie! Nice to meet you. You are so beautiful…” Soyou says after releasing the hugs, with a wide happy smile carving on her face. She feels amazed with the beauty and impress at the same time with her cousin for having such a hot girlfriend.

Song Ji Hyo just blankly stands, without any reactions. She feels shock and a bit shy I’d say. Jong Kook who realizes the situation, continue to introducing Ji Hyo;

“Ji-hyun na…. This is Song Ji Hyo… Mianhe… She can be blank for quite some time.. I experienced a lot of it.” Jong Kook tease.

“OPPA!” Both of Ji Hyo and Soyou shouts lightly. Then both of them stares each other and followed by a chuckles.

“What?? Wahh…. You both just know each other, and yet you gang up to mad at me, huh?” Jong Kook says in surprised.

“Anii… Don’t call my real name here. Call Soyou… S.O.Y.O.U… Soyou… Understand Ahjussi?” Soyou talks back.

“What ahjussi?? Yahh you become so naughty, huh..?”

“Oppa…. Not everyone know my real name, just stay with Soyou, okay.. Please?”

“Arasso…. Hmm…. By the way Ji Hyo ya… Why are you keep silence?” asks Jong Kook.

“H-hmm…. H-huhh?” Ji Hyo stares at Jong Kook, still blank although she’s chuckling with Soyou earlier.

“Yahh oppa…. Let her be. She must be shy with me.. Kekekeke” Soyou says, defending Ji Hyo.

“Shy?? She not shy as you thought, Soyou ya…” Jong Kook puzzling with Soyou.

Song Ji Hyo’s soul who just came back to her body start to realizes the meaning of Jong Kook’s word. She pinches hard Jong Kook arms, clipping the hard tough muscle with her nail.

“Auchh…. Soyou ya…. Look! This is what shy mean to you?” Jong Kook says while rubbing his arm.

“Who told you to tease unnie… Serve you right..” Soyou grins.

Song Ji Hyo just smiles. She found it funny for both of them to bickering and teasing each other.

“Ahhh…. It’s about time. Here…. This is your pass.” Soyou give two piece of pass to them before they hang it around their neck.

“Soyou-ssi…. Gomawo…. But where do you get this pass?” Ji Hyo finally speaks.

“Unnie…. Don’t ‘ssi’ me…. Just call me like oppa did. I’m fine with it.” Soyou smiles. She then continues; “I get it because I am the organizer of this event, unnie. So, treat yourself, okay..” Soyou winks at her.

Song Ji Hyo replies it with a smile. She then looks at Jong Kook who seems struggle with the pass.

“Yaishh…. You are an adult, but still you don’t know how to handle this thing.” nags Ji Hyo while helping Jong Kook to wear the pass correctly.

“I just don’t wanna ruin my hair. It took hours you know.”

“Oppa…. Even you came with a messy hair, you still look cool okay.” Ji Hyo says, playing with Jong Kook’s ear.

“Yahh stop fighting both of you. Ji Hyo unnie.. You walk with me. I’ll show you around before the performance start.” Soyou interrupts and links her arm with Ji Hyo’s.

“Yahh Soyou ya! She’s my date!” Jong Kook told.

“Not anymore..” Soyou sticks her tongue out, teasing Jong Kook. She then walks with Ji Hyo, leaving Jong Kook behind.

“Yaish this girl really…..” Jong Kook whines and follow them from back.

 

Three of them walks together towards the backstage. The backstage seems crowded yet controllable with staff busy doing their job. While Soyou showing and introducing Ji Hyo to the staff, Jong Kook eyes wondering around like an eagle, a habit he can’t ever forget every time he’s at a new place. He feels a bit tingly and unsecure with the place. He feels like a pair of eyes keep watching him. A commander instinct.

And while Jong Kook eagle-ing around the place, suddenly his shoulder has been tapped from behind. Like a beast, he turns around facing the person in a flash!

“You!! What are you doing here? You scared me.”

The person laughing heartily as he can see Jong Kook’s surprise face.

“Hyungnim…. I’m working here.. Duh!!”

The person was Mikey, one of his close dongsaeng. It was quite sometimes for him to see Mikey. That’s why he feels shock earlier.

“But Mikey-ya…. I mean what are you doing right here, right now?” Jong Kook asks.

“Hyungnim…. I’m joining the security team for this stage.” Mikey replies.

“And I’m in my disguise…. I’m undercover….” Mikey continues in whisper.

“But why Soyou didn’t tell me about you?” Jong Kook asks.

Before Mikey can explain further, there’s Soyou and Ji Hyo who walks toward them after finish observing around the place.

“Oppa…. Why are you here? I thought you’d follow me. And who is this?” asks Ji Hyo when she arrived at Jong Kook standing place.

Mikey just smiles and introduces himself shortly; “I’m Mikey.”

“Ahh oppa…. So, you have meet Mikey oppa…. Mikey oppa, how do you feel when you see your ex-comma….” Soyou stops her sentence after she aware that Jong Kook signaling to cut her words.

Soyou looks at him and Jong Kook looks at Ji Hyo. He signals Soyou again and she understand the signal. He didn’t want Ji Hyo to know about his background. Luckily for them, Ji Hyo didn’t see the eye-signal sharing between both of the cousin.

“Ahh unnie…. I forgot… Let meet the band before they go on the stage.” Soyou pulls Ji Hyo, parting from the men and walks to the waiting room.

Kim Jong Kook and Mikey eyeing both of the woman walks away from them.

“Hyungnim…. Who is that? She looks like Cheon Sung-im, the actress.”

“You see right…. She’s quite similar… Kekeke… She’s my date tonight.” Says Jong Kook shortly but still in arrogance.

“Ohh… But hyungnim…. She still didn’t know about us, r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter