Chapter 2

Spilled Milk

Chanyeol was not amused. The persistent star that called himself Kris, was refusing to leave. It had been more than half of the day after their first meeting, and Kris would not budge. It was more than likely that his break was already over and he was supposed to be gone, but Chanyeol guessed that he couldn’t understand how someone didn’t know who he was, therefore he was on a stakeout until recognition was presented.

Chanyeol was tempted to just pretend like he knew the star, just to get him out of the restaurant. It wouldn’t matter to him much whether the tall blonde was sitting there, if it weren’t for the fact that he kept on trying to talk to the auburn. Chanyeol didn’t get a job as a waiter to talk to people. He didn’t do friendly.

And with a persistent know-it-all basically breathing down his neck, it was easy for the emotionless male to quickly grow agitated. He took a deep breath to calm himself- this was a first for him, so he didn’t know if he was doing it correctly, it didn’t seem to work though- and walked over to his newest customer.

Pasting on a bright, dazzling smile, he looked at the single lady that had entered the cafe. “Right this way, sweetheart.” Que a brilliant blush. The lady looked down shyly as she followed the tall and handsome waiter to a table in the corner. “What can I get such a beautiful lady this fine evening?”

The blush didn’t seem to be disappearing as she timidly gave her order. With another bright and completely fake smile, Chanyeol walked off to give the slip of paper to the cook. As he waited for something to do, Kris, the ever-present nuisance, appeared.

“Alright,” the blonde model said, a determined expression on his face. “I have decided that I will act out one of my scenes for you. I don’t do this for many people, but since it’s a crime for you to not know who I am, then maybe my acting will jog your memory.”

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow as the star gained a serious expression and started talking with a cold voice. To be honest, the auburn-haired male wasn’t listening to a single word that was spoken, watching in amusement as Kris quickly jumped into an unnaturally high voice and replying to whatever he said before, also moving positions each time he changed the ‘character’. It was quite humorous.

When the male had finished his demonstration, the looked at Chanyeol with expectancy written all along his features. “Well?”

“Well... I think you just made a complete fool out of yourself. I hope you’re proud. Oh look, you even have an audience.” Chanyeol said, not missing the opportunity to make the other embarrassed. And embarrassed he was when he looked around the restaurant to see eyes on him from every direction. His cheeks heated up and he quickly made his way to the nearest table sitting down and hiding his face behind a menu.

It was at that moment that the cook decided to ring the annoying bell signifying that the meal had been prepared. Since the only person that could have ordered anything was the blushing lady, he took it over to her table only to see the woman, not on her seat, but hiding under the platform. Well, Chanyeol mused to himself, that doesn’t seem very comfortable.

He conveniently chose the time that she was waving him away to approach her, watching in glee as her face turned into absolute horror. “Miss,” he called, making sure his voice was loud enough to be heard by whoever she was trying- and most likely failing- to hide from. When she didn’t reply with anything other than the rapid shake of her head and obvious signals for him to leave, he spoke louder, “Miss, your food is here. If you would kindly step out from under the table, that would be wonderful.” By now, most of the restaurant’s attention had switched from the still embarrassed Kris to the horrified lady just stepping out from her sanctuary.

Chanyeol did a subtle sweep of the restaurant to see who she was hiding from as he set her order on the table. It came in the form of an extremely surprised male with a confused lady clinging to his arm. Ah, Chanyeol thought to himself, quickly identifying the situation, ex-boyfriend with current girlfriend. How awkward. For her. He flashed the lady another seemingly bright smile and walked away.

“You’re terrible.” Taeyeon said, watching the rest of the scene unfold. The lady- an impressive shade of red- picked up her order, left some money on the table, and stalked out of the restaurant, her dignity obviously crushed.

“And yet,” Chanyeol spoke, bringing Taeyeon back, “I still manage to sleep at night.” He flashed her a quick smirk and went to go bother Kris for a change. “You know,” he began, startling the idol who was still hiding behind the menu. “If you want to stay, you have to buy something. Otherwise you’re just obstructing customer flow.”

The blonde male looked completely indignant. “Excuse me, if anything, I’d be bringing in more customers, not obstructing it. Besides...” he faded out as he stood, seeming to finally take in that they were basically the same height. “Can you just like... I don’t know, shrink or something? I’m usually the tallest and most beautiful in the room. I don’t enjoy competition.”

Chanyeol smirked, “Are you calling me beautiful? If so, honey, you’re so not my type. If you aren’t then screw you, I’m fabulous.” Just as Kris opened his mouth to respond, Chanyeol’s boss called him over. Flashing yet another smirk, the tall auburn waiter disappeared. “Yes boss man?”

The middle age man grimaced slightly at the nickname. “The couple at table seven have requested a waiter change. Apparently they couldn't handle Taeyeon’s ways.”

“And you think I’m any better?” Chanyeol scoffed.

“Well no, but you’re the one that’s more suited to this kind of thing. Just... go over there and wait on them.” The wrinkles were practically forming on his face as he spoke, and he found himself once again wondering why he decided to open a restaurant.

Chanyeol nodded once before heading over to the designated table. Upon arrival he immediately figured out why they asked for a transfer. At the table was a gay couple around his age, and while that wasn’t a problem, Taeyeon probably flirted with one of them, and by the fidgeting and placement of one of them, he was obviously only recently ‘turned’ gay. Therefore, his boyfriend probably was not the happiest when a female ‘prettier than him’ started flirting with his recently outed boyfriend.

“Hello,” he said, plastering on a bright smile. “My name is Chanyeol, what can I get for you two today?”

The protective looking one scrutinized the new waiter, making sure that they were safe from attack. “My boyfriend and I would like some pink lemonade and for me some shrimp alfredo, and he wants spaghetti with meatballs.”

Chanyeol formed a wonderful plan in his mind, one that would metaphorically kill two birds with one stone. So to start off his brilliant idea, he gave both of them a curious and slightly hesitant look, and then said, “Alright, I’ll be back with your orders.” He made sure to glance back and seem to have a question before walking off.

When he passed Kris on the way to the kitchen, he winked, causing the model and star to gain a look of confusion with just the slightest bit of blush on the tips of his ears.

 

As he placed the orders down in front of the couple, he gave that hesitant glance again. After a moment of faux consideration, he sat down. “So I have a question.” Time to get the lie on. “How did you two come out? I mean, I’ve been trying to find out a way to, but I don’t know if it should be flashy or just a few people at a time... Can you help me?”

Chanyeol could see their eyes melt into looks of sympathy and pride at the same time. “Well I,” the protective one began, “... My coming out was rather flashy. Not exactly my choice since it was put up in the cafeteria of my high school that I was gay. It didn’t exactly work out the way that the bullies were expecting; after that more than half the school came out. But I guess it was more flashy compared to others. Kyungsoo’s was a bit different.” He turned and gestured for his boyfriend to tell the story of his coming out.

“Um...” He began, obviously uncomfortable, “Well I came out a week ago. Um.. It started by telling family and then some friends, and then just all at once. I actually came out because of Jongin.”

Jongin nodded and turned back to Chanyeol. “Just come out however you feel comfortable.”

Chanyeol nodded in consideration. A sudden smirk lit up his features, “Oh, I know the perfect way. Hold on.”

He stood up and made his way to Kris, very aware of the couple watching his movements. Kris looked up when Chanyeol was in front of him, and before he could do anything, he found lips on his own. To say he was surprised was an understatement. An awkward squawk made it’s way from his mouth as he tried to back away, the persistent lips following him.

When Chanyeol finally broke away from his victim, he smirked. Kris was once again blushing a bright and vibrant red, wanting to both die in a hole and for some very odd reason, he wanted the waiter to kiss him again.


AN: So that happened. 

I think there will only be a few more chapeters of this story, but I'm not sure. Anyway, shameless advertising here are some links to my other stories:

White {Kaisoo}

You're Never Really Free {Navi}

Evanescent {Hunhan}

The Boy In His Piano {Chansoo}

Playing With Fire {Chantao}

The Difference Between Us {Kaisoo, Sekai}

Always Watching {Kaisoo}