Chapter 1

Spilled Milk

Chanyeol leaned against a wall waiting for the first customers of the day. He hoped for a day filled with people that could entertain him; it really was the only reason he came to work- it definitely wasn't for the money. Two minutes passed and he was ready to give up. He yawned and rubbed at his eyes in slight exhaustion.

“Rough night?” His self-proclaimed best friend Taeyeon asked.

“Not really, I’m just tired of waiting for entertainment.” He replied in his always-present monotone voice.

“Calm down,” she scoffed, “We just opened like thirty seconds ago.”

“Correction; we opened two minutes and twenty-seven seconds ago.”

“Same difference, Oppa.”

“Don’t call me that, you’re older than me anyway.” It’s not like Chanyeol cared; he doesn’t care for much of anything, but it was politically incorrect, and it made no sense to call her Noona while she calls him Oppa. Then it’s just confusing for everyone.

“But Oppa has a better ring to it than Dongsang, wouldn’t you agree?” Taeyeon looked at him as if they hadn’t had this conversation a million and two times.

“You could just call me Chanyeol and this conflict would be over and done with.”

Taeyeon contemplated it for a bit, “That’s a good idea, I’ll do that from now on.”

It was Chanyeol’s turn to scoff at the other, “You say that as if you actually will. We’ve known each other for what, a year? And you still have yet to call me anything but Oppa, despite how many times I tell you to call me Chanyeol.”

“Well it doesn’t even matter. What matters is that I see you as an older brother figure- because let’s face it, you’re much more mature than me, even if you do enjoy making people’s lives - so therefore I shall call you Oppa. Good? Good. Now head’s up, the first customers are here.” And with that she walked away, putting on a bright and charming smile for the elderly couple that just walked in.

There wasn’t much Chanyeol could do to make these customers’ lives worse, so he decided to leave them alone. Moments after he made that decision, a younger couple came in, probably looking to have a ‘romantic’ breakfast. The girl was beautiful with black hair dyed red at the ends, and the guy was relatively handsome with bleached blonde hair and a nice build. What made it even better in Chanyeol’s mind was the guy seemed to be the jealous type.

This should be fun.

“Table for two?” He asked, making sure to thoroughly check out the girl with a flirty gaze. She blushed while her boyfriend growled and put his arm around her waist. Does he realize how stupid he looks?

“Yes, thank you,” the girl replied, a blush still prominent on her face.

Chanyeol smirked in the guy’s direction, “Anything for you sweetie. Follow me.” The boyfriend was practically blowing steam at this point.

“Excuse me, but she’s my girlfriend. Back off.” He snarled.

Chanyeol put his hands up, mock defensively. “Oh, my bad,” he said sarcastically. “She could do better though,” he mumbled loud enough for both of them to hear. The girl giggled slightly causing the blonde male to almost explode, but before he had a chance to say anything, Chanyeol already continued talking as if nothing happened, “Here’s your menu, I’ll be back in a couple minutes to get your order.” With that, he turned around, but not before sending a wink in the girl’s direction, causing her to giggle yet again.

He decided to eavesdrop on their conversation while he waited. “Baby calm down, he was just kidding.”

“No he wasn’t! And you were flirting back! This is our date, don’t flirt with others on our date!”

The girl sighed at her boyfriend’s jealousy, “Fine, fine. If it makes you feel any better I won't talk to him when he comes back.”

Chanyeol smiled in amusement as they looked at their menus. It’s time to switch ualities, he thought to himself as he made his way back to them. He completely ignored the girl in favor of giving the other male a sultry look.

“Have you found what you want to order, gorgeous?” The guy started choking on air.

“W-what?” His eyes were wide and he looked completely horrified.

“You know,” Chanyeol purred, placing his hands on the table, leaning forward towards the man while his victim leaned back. “I’ve never had someone stand up to me like that. It was quite... hot.”

“E-excuse me?” He squeaked.

Chanyeol immediately straightened out and went back into his normal personality; bored, monotone voice, and expressionless face. “Are you going to order or are you just going to sit there like a fish out of water. I don’t have all day and you’re wasting my time, you bigoted simpleton.”

“Ah... yes,” The girl stuttered, extremely confused. “I-I’ll have the breakfast special and lemon water.”

“Alright, and you?”

“I guess I’ll have number two breakfast combo.”

“And to drink?”

“Um... coke... I guess.”

“Wow, you sound decisive.” He said before marching off without a care in the world.

To Chanyeol, they weren’t that fun. The girl was okay, actually flirting back and responding, but the guy... was too much of an idiot, in Chanyeol’s personal opinion.

 

Most of the day had passed and the tower with auburn hair was thoroughly unamused. “I don’t even know why I bothered coming to work today. This was just a waste of my life.”

The lunch-time rush came and went with no activity, and it was the awkward time between lunch and dinner, where only those who had no life actually walked in.

However, as soon as Chanyeol thought that, the door opened and in walked someone that could probably be a model. Actually, he probably was a model. The restaurant where Chanyeol worked was in the middle of Seoul, so it got tons of celebrities frequenting. This was probably just another one of the famous people that think they’re all that and more.

This particular possible model was about the same height as Chanyeol with sandy blonde hair, broad shoulders, a nice build, and a sharp jawline. His face was semi-hidden behind large black sunglasses, and he was dressed in a casual suit- no tie, collar upturned, top buttons undone, not to mention that the shirt was a dark purple, and there was no suit jacket.

Chanyeol walked over to him at a leisurely pace. “May I help you?” He asked in his tone that said, ‘I really couldn’t care less who you are, just hurry so I can go home’. It’s safe to say the possible model was not very happy with the auburn waiter.

“Well I, Kris, the famous film star and model,” he paused, supposedly to let that sink in, “would like a booth for one.”

“Idiot, there are no booths for one,” Chanyeol mumbled under his breath as he examined his nails in obvious disinterest. “Follow me.”

Chanyeol led him to his desired seat, gave him the menu, and was about to walk off to go annoy Taeyeon for a couple minutes, when the blonde grabbed his wrist. “Ew, gross. Please refrain from touching me.” He said, yanking his hand out of the customer’s grip.

Kris, as the man introduced himself earlier, looked seriously taken aback. “Excuse me! I should be the one saying that. You’re just a lowly waiter, I’m a high class film star.”

“If I were you, I’d watch how you address me, swine. I could easily spit in your food. Never piss off someone who’s feeding you. Besides, you may be a high and mighty actor, but as far as I’m concerned, you walk in that door and you become just another face in the crowd. You are the customer, and I am the server. Don’t think you’re anything special; the second you walk out of this restaurant, I forget you even exist. You’re about as important to me as a speck of dust. Do you understand? Now if you’ll excuse me.” Kris’ jaw was left hanging open in disbelief; no one had ever told him off. Who did this waiter think he was?

He once again grabbed the wrist of the auburn giant. “Do you seriously not know who I am? Maybe this will help.” He took off his sunglasses and looked expectantly at the blank face staring back at him.

One blink. Two blinks. “Oh my gosh! It’s Kris!” Chanyeol yelled in excitement, watching as the actor’s face spread into a smug grin. “You’re that one guy from... I’m sorry, I still have no idea who you are. Hey, do you think you could put the sunglasses back on? You look hideous without them.” Kris was so in shock that he just let the waiter go.

This had officially been the worst break of Kris’ entire life.