Always care

The only one for me

 

“Hyomin, isn’t that Eunjung, your sister?” Qri asked as she was walking alongside with Hyomin shopping at a mall, Hyomin looked at the direction Qri was looking, she saw Eunjung was sitting with a girl she didn’t know, chatting happily inside a restaurant, it made her feel jealous.

“Let’s go and have lunch in this restaurant” Hyomin dragged Qri inside the restaurant.

“Won’t you greet your sister?” Qri asked as they were sitting two tables behind Eunjung’s .

“No, I didn’t want to disturb her” Hyomin said nonchalantly as she looked through the menu, but she didn’t even care about the menu , she was trying so hard to catch what Eunjung and the other girl were conversing from their table.

 “ Hyomin, he is waiting for your order” Qri shook Hyomin’s hand, when she noticed that Hyomin looked at the menu for too long and a waiter was waiting for a while.

“Oh sorry, I’ll take this one” Hyomin pointed at the menu without even reading about it.

“You are weird today” Qri commented.

“I’m not” Hyomin retorted

When their food arrived Qri took pictures of her food and posted it in her Instagram while Hyomin was back facing Eunjung, eavesdropping her conversation, from what Hyomin could catch, it seemed that girl named Soyeon, they were taking about business and investment plan, in very formal way, Hyomin felt a bit relieved that Eunjung wasn’t close to that girl.

“You’re definitely weird” Qri said again when she saw Hyomin was smiling at her food dish, Hyomin just shrugged, and started eating her food.

After a while, Hyomin felt itchy, she started to scratch her face and arms, Qri was taken back when she looked at Hyomin’s face, it was so red.

“What’s wrong?” Qri asked worried

“What did you order” Qri asked panicked as she looked at Hyomin’s food

“Oh, damn it” Hyomin realized what she just ate.

“ Hyomin ,you must be crazy, how come you order that ?” Qri shrieked and her voice was loud enough to draw attention from people in the restaurant which included Eunjung who was walking out and about to leave a restaurant with her business client.

Hyomin tried to make Qri calmed down and hid her face, Eunjung saw Qri so she approached her.

“Hello Qri ssi, what’s going on here, anything I can help?” Eunjung remembered Hyomin’s friend .

 “Oh, Eunjung, Hyomin just ate offending food that she is allergic to.” Qri said, Eunjung turned around to look at the girl sitting opposite Qri, her eyes widened when she saw Hyomin’s face.

 “Are you alright?” Eunjung asked worried, placing her palm on Hyomin’s forehead       

“I’m fine” Hyomin said, still scratching her arms.

“I’m sorry Soyeon ssi, but I have to take my sister to clinic now, she is getting food allergic reaction” Eunjung apologized to Soyeon before grabbing Hyomin’s hand.

“It’s alright Eunjung ssi, don’t worry” Soyeon said

“No, I’m not going” Hyomin opposed and tried to be free from Eunjung’s grip

“Don’t be stubborn Hyomin, let’s go before it gets worse” Eunjung said sternly, held Hyomin’s hand tighter and led her out of the restaurant.

 

********************

 

“No way! ,I’m not getting injection” Hyomin protested stubbornly , the nurse hesitated to get closer to her

“Miss, your sister didn’t allow us to give her an injection” a nurse informed Eunjung who was waiting outside

“Can I go inside?” Eunjung asked for permission from a nurse

“Yes” the nurse answered

 

“Hyomin” Eunjung called her sister as she was sitting on a patient bed

“Unnie, they are going to give me injection” Hyomin said frightened

“It’s for allergy relief, Hyomin ah” Eunjung comforted her sister

“Please ask them to give me medicines or anything but not injection please” Hyomin shook Eunjung’s arm

“Hyomin, this way is more efficient, and you’ll get better fast” Eunjung persuaded, “Don’t be scared, I’m here” Eunjung held Hyomin’s hand. It calmed Hyomin down and she finally agreed to be given injection.

“Don’t let go of my hand” Hyomin pleaded Eunjung and Eunjung held her hand until injection was done.

 “See, it doesn’t that hurt” Eunjung said as Hyomin was still closing her eyes, Hyomin slowly opened her eyes.

“Feeling better?” Eunjung asked

“Yeah” Hyomin nodded.

 

Eunjung took Hyomin home, Hyomin was sleepy from medicine side effect and fell asleep, her head swung left and right, Eunjung stopped the car to adjust her seat to make her sleep more comfortable and gave a kiss on her forehead “ My stubborn princess” Eunjung smiled.

Eunjung parked her car and got off to carry Hyomin to her bedroom

“What did happen miss Eunjung?” Lee Mi Sook, approached her, frightened

“Sunyoung was allergic to food but she’s fine now” Eunjung replied as she was carrying her sister

“Poor my young lady” Mi Sook said

 

Eunjung gently put Hyomin down on her bed and covered her with a blanket. She examined Hyomin’s face that turned to its normal pink shade, she was quite relieved that her allergic reaction was not severe as it once happened when they were younger.

 

********************

 

Eunjung was surprised to see her sister at breakfast time cause she normally would get up at 10 am or later. She looked at Hyomin who was dressing in classy black skirt, with white blouse and suit jacket.

“Ajumma, please make me a cup of coffee” Hyomin asked her maid as she was sitting down.

“Where are you going Hyomin?” Eunjung asked

“I’m going to work” Hyomin replied nonchalantly 

“Hm?”Eunjung

“Didn’t you tell me go to company and learn the job?” Hyomin asked back

“Ah, yeah” Eunjung said lifting up coffee to drink, she hid her smile.

“By the way, will you come along with me?” Eunjung asked

“No, I’ll drive myself” Hyomin replied

“Ok then, see you in company” Eunjung said, taking her bag.

Hyomin didn’t reply and kept eating her breakfast. Little Eunjung did know, Hyomin didn’t go to work because she obeyed her sister’s instruction but she just wanted to keep an eyes on her sister, since a week after she saw Eunjung and Soyeon at restaurant, she called to ask her sister’s secretary , Nam Ji-hyun about Soyeon and she found out that Soyeon was their new business client that Eunjung was cooperating with, and she would often come to their company for business discussion, Hyomin couldn’t stay still,  her jealousy got over her, then she remembered Eunjung wanted her to go to work, it was a perfect excuse for her to go to company.

 

********************

 

All eyes were on Hyomin as she walked into the company, they bowed their head to her since they knew she was president’s sister.

“Good morning Hyomin ssi” Nam Ji-hyun greeted her boss’s sister and the vice president of PS Group.

“Good morning Ji-hyun ssi” Hyomin smiled friendly to her.

“Well, president Eunjung nim has been waiting for you in her office” Ji-hyun informed and guided her to the office.

Ji-hyun knocked on the door and opened it for Hyomin when she got permission from Eunjung, Hyomin walked into Eunjung office and saw there was already a girl sitting in front Eunjung.

“Hyomin, this is Heo Gayoon”  Eunjung introduced, Hyomin greeted her with a handshake

“It’s nice to meet you, Gayoon ssi, I’m Park Hyomin” Hyomin said, gave her a killer smile.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Hyomin ssi” Gayoon said smiled back

“Hyomin, Gayoon ssi is my assistant, she will train you all the things you need to know” Eunjung said

“Please take care of me” Hyomin said sweetly

 

Hyomin was boringly learning work from Gayoon, it wasn’t what she was good at, she had to read company performance report from few years backward along with a ton of report.

 “It’s lunch time now Hyomin ssi, take a break first, you can resume getting through these documents after lunch” Gayoon suggested

 “Oh, you just go ahead and have lunch first”   

“Are you not hungry?” Gayoon asked

“Not really” Hyomin said

Eunjung knocked on vice-president office and saw Gayoon and Hyomin still worked

“Hyomin, would you like to go out for lunch with me and Soyeon ssi ?” Eunjung asked her sister, upon the mention of Soyeon’s name, Hyomin’s mood changed

“No, thanks, I’m going out for lunch with Gayoon ssi” Hyomin said locking Gayoon’s arm  

“Ok, just be careful and make sure not to eat any offending food” Eunjung said and left

“Hyomin ssi, would you like to join us at lunch? Gayoon

“Gayoon ssi, please go ahead, I’ll grab something to eat later” Hyomin said , Gayoon was a bit confused with Hyomin’s mind changing.

Just then Gayoon phone rang, Gayoon answered her phone

“I’m coming honey, see you in a few minute” Gayoon said, Hyomin was surprised to hear Gayoon’s conversation

“Please don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean to be rude, but are you probably dating?” Hyomin asked Gayoon, Gayoon blushed.

“Yes, I have been dating Ji-hyun for 2 years now” Gayoon scratched the back of her head blushing hard. Hyomin was very surprised

“Did Eunjung unnie, ah I mean president Eunjung nim knows about this?” Hyomin asked, patiently waiting for the answer

“Yes, she knew it all along and always supported us” Gayoon answered. Hyomin mentally facepalmed herself.

“See you after lunch Hyomin ssi” Gayoon said and Hyomin gave her a faint smile

After Gayoon left, Hyomin sat down on her chair, she was bored and moody. She rested her head on her desk and slept.

 

*********************

Eunjung raised her eyebrow when she noticed that Gayoon was having lunch with Ji-hyun alone wihtout Hyomin at the same restaurant, she texted Gayoon a message and asked where Hyomin was.

“May I have a menu again please?” Eunjung politely asked a waiter

“Are you that hungry, Eunjung ssi?” Soyeon asked bewildered with a hint of joke

“It’s not for me, but for my sister, she hasn’t have lunch yet” Eunjung answered.

“You are so sweet Eunjung ssi, you must really love your sister” Soyeon compliment, Eunjung only gave her a wide smile as a reply.

“I’ll have this one for a take home, and no seasoning power nor pepper please” Eunjung told a waiter, and it made Soyeon really admired how caring Eunjung was to her sister, she paid attention to every detail, if nobody told her that they were sisters, she would thought they were lovers.

“Hyomin is very sensitive and allergic to many kinds of food” Eunjung said when she noticed that Soyeon kept staring at her.

“I have a sister too, but honestly I can’t remember every detail of her likes and dislikes” Soyeon said knowingly. Soyeon sensed that Eunjung was uncomfortable so she changed the topic to their business related topics.

 

*********************

 

“ Hyomin ssi” Gayoon tried to wake Hyomin up, after a few calling, Hyomin opened her eyes and yawned tiredly

“Oh you are back Gayoon ssi” Hyomin rubbed her eyes

 “You haven’t have anything right” Gayoon said and passed her a box of food.

“Thank you Gayoon ssi” Hyomin said

“I think you should eat first, I’ll have a meeting this afternoon so I guess you have to get through these documents alone this afternoon” Gayoon explained

“No problem, take your time” Hyomin said

“ I’ll get going now, see you later” Gayoon said and left Hyomin’s office

Hyomin was so hungry, so walked to a sofa at a corner of her office and opened the food box, she was surprised how Gayoon knew it was her favorite food, but she subsided it and started to eat, it was exactly as she would ask them to make, she realized it was impossible that Gayoon would know, her tear started to fall

“Why do you make thing so hard for me, how can I give up on you?” Hyomin whispered between her tear.


 

My EunMin's heart is beating fast with so much happiness these day so I won't keep you guys waiting for long. Thank you for all comments, you are the best.