Can't have but can't lose

The only one for me

 

 

Eunjung’s POV

 

I wake up from a nightmare in the middle of the night and try to go back to sleep but I can’t, so I come downstairs to get a cup of warm milk from the kitchen.

 

“Miss, please be careful” a maid said

“I can walk, I’m not drunk” Hyomin brawled

 

I walk out from the kitchen to see a maid awkwardly helping to support Hyomin up to her bedroom before both of them fall backward, I get there to help supporting Hyomin.

“Ahjumma, just go back to sleep, I’ll take care of her” I told our housekeeper.

“Thank you, miss Eunjung, if you should need anything just call me” she said

“It will be fine, sleep well” I said to her, she bowed and left.

“Oh, Park Eunjung, why are you here this late, aren’t you supposed to be sleeping? Hyomin drunkenly smiled.

“Why are you this drunk, Hyomin? Did you drive back home?” I asked her calmly

“Why do you even care?” Hyomin said “Let’s go of me, I’m not drunk” Hyomin struggled from my hold.

“You’re my sister, how can I neglect my only sister?” I said

“Sister huh?”, She said bitterly

 

Finally I manage to bring Hyomin to her bedroom and she passes out in her bed, I sigh upon the sight, this is not the first time Hyomin returned home drunk, it would always happen when she broke up with her ex., I never want to see her like this, it’s not what I expected it to happened. I pull up the blanket to cover her chest.

“I’m sorry Hyomin ah, but one day you’ll understand” I whispered to the night

“Good night my princess” I kissed her forehead.

 

********************

Hyomin’s POV

 

I woke up with a throbbing head, I check an alarm clock, it’s already 11.30 am, I want to go back to sleep but my headache really bothers me , just then my phone rings

“ Saranghaeyo saranghaeyo geudaemaneul …Apeun nae sarangijyo ,Gyeote itjiman gajil sun eomneun sarang” * T-ara Hurt Ringtone

I search for my phone in my handbag, it’s showing a caller number that I don’t want to talk to the most this morning, especially when my headache is killing me.

“Hello” I answered coldly

 “Hyomin, where are you? Why did you suddenly leave? Did I do something wrong?” Yuri asked me a series of question

“You did nothing wrong Yuri, and please don’t call me anymore, we are over” I said

 “What?!”

“I’m sorry Yuri, but I can’t feel that way with you” I hung up, feeling a bit guilty for breaking up with my girlfriend for 5 days.

 

Last night after Yuri and I went to a pub, I got a little bit drunk, and next thing I knew Yuri was kissing me, I responded the kiss, while I was kissing her Eunjung face  came into my mind, I abruptly parted from her, she asked me what wrong but I excused myself to go to restroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror and touched my lips, my tear was messing my mascara, why it was so hard to forget you Eunjung

 

Flashback

5 years ago

Hyomin came home from school and ran to her bedroom, crying hard.

“Hyomin, please open the door” Eunjung called hastily

“Sunyoung, open the door now” Eunjung hit the door

“Unnie” Hyomin opened the door, crying.

“What’s wrong?” Eunjung asked worried, Hyomin hugged her sister and cried on her shoulder.

Hyomin told her sister what happened, she found out that her boyfriend was cheating on her and kissing another girl in locker room, Eunjung was angry for her sister but tried to comfort her until she stopped crying, and they fell asleep in Hyomin’s bed.

Hyomin woke up at night because she was hungry, she found Eunjung’s face was few inches away, she looked at Eunjung’s rosy lip and she bit her own lips, before she knew it, her face was getting closer to Eunjung’s , Eunjung slowly opened her eyes to find Hyomin was very close to her, they looked at each other eyes, naturally they were drawn closer to each other and their lips touched, and became a tender kiss, they parted the kiss when they were out of their breath.

“I’m sorry Hyomin ah” Eunjung got up awkwardly and was leaving the room

“Unnie” Hyomin held Eunjung’s hand

“Please forget this Hyomin ah” Eunjung removed Hyomin’s grip, Hyomin let go of her hand feeling confused.

 

When Hyomin saw her boyfriend at school the following day, she broke up with him, to her surprise she didn’t feel hurt at all, she guessed she was just shocked to have found him kissing with other girl and that when she realized her feeling for her step-sister.

End of Flashback     

 

********************

 

Hyomin got dressed and went down to kitchen to find something to fill up her stomach. She was searching something from the fridge then a housekeeper came.

“Miss Hyomin, do you need something to eat?” a housekeeper asked her offering to help

“Oh, don’t bother ahjumma, I’ll have a bread and milk” Hyomin answered

“But miss Eunjung cooked kimchi fried rice and seaweed soup for you this morning, and she told me to heat it up for you when you got up” The housekeeper told her.

For a moment she was glad that Eunjung cared about her but she couldn’t let this very little thing made her heart weak.

“Just threw it away” Hyomin told a housekeeper

“That’s not very nice miss Hyomin” Lee Mi Sook , a senior housekeeper leader for Park Family, walked to the kitchen

“Miss Eunjung got up early to prepare this for you before she left for work, at least you should eat” Mi Sook said

“Aunty, you always side Eunjung unnie, now you love her more than me huh?” Hyomin sulked , Mi Sook couldn only shake her head, no matter how old her young lady has grown up, she is still a girl for her.  

“How can I love anyone more than my Hyomin Agassi” Mi Sook smiled, the answer made Hyomin pleased, she hugged her.

“I’m not eating it anyway” Hyomin said, released the hug, took a piece of bread and carton of milk walking up to her bedroom. Mi Sook sighed at how stubborn her young lady was.

 

********************

 

 “Did she eat yet?” Eunjung asked on the phone, but the answer made her sigh

“Please bring her pain killer, she may have a headache now, thank you,aunty Mi Sook” Eunjung hung up the phone. Even though she acted cold toward Hyomin but she never succeeded being heartless to her, instead it made her grow more worried about her sister.

Eunjung closed her eyes to get rid of her tiredness, but pictures of the past made it way to play on her head.

 

Flashback

“Sunyoung, why did Eunjung's head was bleeding, ?” Mr.Park calmly interrogated his 12 years old daughter, it sent chill down to Hyomin’s spine, she knew it too well when her father called her by her old name, he was being really serious, she bit her lips.

“Would you confess it yourself or you want me to ask your sister?” He continued to ask her

“Appa, I…” Hyomin couldn’t finish her words, she started to cry

“I never taught you to be this cruel, Sunyoung, this time is too much, you’ll be punished for your misbehavior” Mr. Park finished his words and took a wooden stick behind his desk.

Hyomin didn’t even fringe, she stood still crossing her arms, accepting her punishment. She could feel a sharp pain when her father hit her with stick, her tear flowing down, another whip followed, she bit her lips hard, she was waiting for a another whip, she heard the whip sound but the stick didn’t land on her bottom.

“Eunjung !” She heard her father shout

 “Mr. Park, it wasn’t her fault” Eunjung with bandage on her head rushing to hug Hyomin and got a hit on her back instead of Hyomin.

“Eunjung, move” Hyomin’s father ordered.

“If you want to punish, please punish me, it was my fault that I and made her angry” Eunjung said, hugging Hyomin from behind.

 “If you say so” Hyomin’s father whipped on Eunjung’s back but she didn’t let go of the hug. Hyomin could hear Eunjung hissed in pain and she couldn’t stand it anymore.

“ Appa, please stop, it was all my fault, I’m sorry” Hyomin cried , her father stopped, that was all he wanted to hear from Hyomin, his daughter never easily said sorry. With every hit that stick landed on his daughter, it ached his heart too, but he didn’t want his daughter to go too far.

“I’m sorry too, Sunyoung” He hugged his daughter and then Eunjung.

End of Flashback

 

That was a start of their reconciliation, Hyomin turned to a better girl, from a spoiled, self-centered kid to a sweet and nice girl. Gradually, Hyomin was getting closer and sticking with Eunjung, she was very possessive over her and even got jealous when Eunjung was around her friends. Eunjung would always protect her sister and treated her like a princess, little by little their bond bloomed to something else they never expected.

********************

 

 Eunjung was sitting at dining table, waiting for her sister to come down from her bedroom.

“Did you inform miss Hyomin that dinner was ready?” Eunjung asked a maid

“Yes, miss” a maid answered, just then Hyomin was walking to dining table, she was wearing white short and pink vest, she sat down on a chair opposite Eunjung, busily playing with her phone.

“Just prepare the rice” Eunjung told a maid.

The Park sisters were having their dinner in silence, it has been like this for years, Mi Sook and other maids really missed a lively atmosphere the two sisters used to create around them.

“Hyomin, from next week you need to go company and start learning the job” Eunjung broke the silence.

“I don’t want to” Hyomin said, playing with food in her plate.

“It’s your company and you need to take care of it” Eunjung explained

“Aren’t you the Park heir?” Hyomin said sarcastically

“Be an adult Hyomin, you knew it all well you’ll be the next president, I’m just taking care of it for you until you are ready” Eunjung said with a slight frustration.

 “If only I knew growing and being adult could be this painful, I would rather die as teenager” Hyomin said.

“Hyomin !” Eunjung warned.

“Why, you don’t to see me die? Oh, I forgot you prefer to see me suffering” Hyomin smirked, she put down her fork and spoon and left the table.

Eunjung lost all her appetite, she sighed, she really didn’t know how to deal with her sister anymore, she left the dining table and walked up to her bedroom, she looked at the bedroom next to her, she wanted to knock on the door but changed her mind and walked to her bedroom.

“ Appa, umma , what should I do? Eunjung said inaudibly.


 

TO BE CONTINUED