Scared to lose

The only one for me

 

Hyomin didn’t know how many hours she has overslept, she was slowly opening her eyes and saw Eunjung on the couch reading book, she tried to get herself up, but Eunjung noticed her movement and came to support her up.

“Are you feeling better?” Eunjung asked as she helped Hyomin to sit.

Hyomin nodded, she just realized that her hand was attached to saline solution and what she hated the most “needle”, she held her breath and attempted to take it off, Eunjung widened her eyes and stopped her in time.

“Don’t do like that, you’ll get hurt” Eunjung warned, taking Hyomin’s hand back

“I don’t like it, it gives me a creepy feeling” Hyomin whined

“Be patient Hyomin ah, only half of it now, you couldn’t eat so we had no choice” Eunjung explained, she knew her sister was so scared of needle, but Hyomin wasn’t getting better so they had to give her saline water.

“Don’t look at it” Eunjung said, Hyomin pouted and looked away from it.

“Unnie, can you please pass me water?” Hyomin asked, as requested Eunjung passed her water

“Do you want to eat anything, I’ll cook for you” Eunjung asked but Hyomin shook her head

“If you don’t eat, you will have that thing attached to you longer” Eunjung said and point to saline water

“Ok, ok, can you make me boiled rice please?” Hyomin requested

“Good girl” Eunjung softly patted Hyomin’s head.

All day long, Eunjung was always around Hyomin since it was Sunday and her day off, she cooked Hyomin her favorite dish, silently read her book while Hyomin rested on her bed, joined watching TV with her sister, and helped her when she needed something. Eunjung was more relieved that Hyomin looked better.

Through Hyomin didn’t like it when she was sick, she was somehow happy to have Eunjung by her side , Eunjung would pamper her and Hyomin knew she was so demanding, but she couldn’t help it when it came to Eunjung, she would trade everything she had just to be with this person she loved with all her heart.

 

It took Hyomin a few more days to get recovered and fit enough to go back to work, Eunjung told her to stay at home to get more rest but Hyomin didn’t obey. While Soyeon visited the company less often since the contract has been signed and not much going on so Eunjung and Hyomin had more time alone during lunch time but instead of a peaceful lunch, Hyomin always ended up bickering with her sister with every little things from food to serious perspectives and Eunjung would always be defeated.

Every day at work was less tiring and more enjoyable for Eunjung since Hyomin started working in their company, she knew Hyomin didn’t like business management, because she was more capable in something else, at some point Eunjung felt bad that she forced Hyomin to study the field she didn’t like, but it was for her own good, the company belonged to the real heir of  Family , Park Hyomin was a rightful successor , not her, though she knew legally she was Park Eunjung, but she couldn’t change the fact that she was Ham Eunjung, who was ready to give up everything for Hyomin, her sister.

 

********************

 

Hyomin was smiling on her phone, and kept typing on a chat while she was having dinner time with Eunjung at home and Eunjung found it really annoying.

“Hyomin, would you please eat first?” Eunjung asked sarcastically, she didn’t know why she wasn’t pleased to see Hyomin that happy

Hyomin looked up at her sister and continued to chat, while putting food into and smiled like a crazy. Eunjung kept stealing glance at her sister.

“I’m full” Hyomin announced and left while her hand was busily typing on her phone. Eunjung couldn’t help but wondered who Hyomin was talking to why she looked so happy.

 

Eunjung didn’t see Hyomin walking in her office all morning like usual and it was lunch time by now, so she decided to go to see her sister at her office. As soon as she walked in, she saw Hyomin was happily talking on the phone, all smiling, and it really bothered her.

“Hyomin, lunch time” Eunjung intentionally said loudly, Hyomin frowned 

“Sunny ah, I’m going out for lunch now, talk to you later” Hyomin sweetly talked on the phone. Eunjung could catch a name, it made her frown

 

They arrived at their usual restaurant and as soon as Hyomin was done with her order, she played on her phone, typing and laughing, and Eunjung felt uneasy.

“Can you stop playing with your phone for a while?” Eunjung said annoyingly.

“Wae, unnie, food isn’t arrived yet?” Hyomin asked

“It’s not good for your eye sight” Eunjung tried to reason

“You are nagging like an ahjumma now, unnie” Hyomin commented, but she put down her phone anyway, and Eunjung was satisfied that at least Hyomin listened to her.

“Unnie, next week, I’m going to Jeju island for a few days” Hyomin informed her sister, Eunjung raised her eyebrows

“With whom?” Eunjung asked, obviously being overprotective

“With few friends” Hyomin answered

“Do I know them?” Eunjung asked, sounded motherly 

“I guess no, oh one of them is Qri unnie, you know her” Hyomin said

“What’s about your work?” Eunjung asked, she tried to come up with any reason to prevent Hyomin from going.

“Company can survive without me” Hyomin said amusingly, and Eunjung couldn’t think of any reason to say or disaagree her sister’s plan.

“ Just take care of yourself” Eunjung said and paid attention to her food.

“Oh, tonight I’m going out for dinner with my friend, don’t wait up for me” Hyomin said and started to eat her food that just arrived. Once again, Eunjung was curious who this friend was, why these day Hyomin was so attracted to, but she didn’t want to make it too obvious so she didn’t ask.

 

********************

Eunjung was not used to having dinner alone , she was playing with her food thinking who this friend Hyomin was, why she didn’t hear her name before.

Eunjung couldn’t bring herself to sleep, she was waiting for Hyomin to come home, she looked out of her window then she saw Hyomin’s car coming, she pretended to walk downstairs to kitchen to get water, she heard Hyomin talking on her phone again

“I’m home now, Sunny ah, don’t worry” Hyomin said walking up to her room, Eunjung heard Hyomin laughed on the phone, she didn’t understand why she was feeling disturbed, she should be happy that her sister was happy and all smiling, wasn’t that what she wanted for Hyomin?

 

As each passing day , Hyomin became more addicted to her phone and kept playing with it all the time, and Eunjung really had enough of it, she burst out at Hyomin during a project discussion with Hyomin in her office.

“Can’t you stop playing with your phone for a while and listen to what I’m saying” Eunjung angrily shouted, it shocked Hyomin a bit but she tried to stay composed

“Unnie, why did you have to shout at me?” Hyomin asked

“Because you are not even focusing on things around you” Eunjung said

“I was listening” Hyomin retorted

“But it didn’t go to your head” Eunjung strongly commented and it made Hyomin angry

“What did you say?” Hyomin asked aggressively

“ Park Sunyoung , you don’t have to come to work if you want to enjoy chatting on your phone that much , go back home” Eunjung exploded

 “Fine” Hyomin couldn’t believe what her sister just said to her, she tried to hold back her tear and stomped out her office.

Eunjung dropped herself on her chair, this was beyond her endurance, she was feeling bothered, annoyed, confused and most of all unsecured from what she herself wasn’t sure.

“ What’s wrong with you Eunjung?” Eunjung asked herself

 

********************

Hyomin was carrying her luggage to downstairs, she was going to airport for a flight to Jeju . Eunjung was sitting in living room, and saw Hyomin walking past her, her sister didn’t talk to her for two days and she was dying to talk to her.

“Do you want me to give you a lift to airport?” Eunjung approached her sister

“No, thanks, my friend is coming to pick me up” Hyomin finished saying  then a car drove in front of their gate.

“Hyomin” Eunjung called her, she wanted to apologize but her pride got a better of her, Hyomin paused when she heard Eunjung called her name.

“Have a safe journey, and see you home in a few days” Eunjung said

 “Thanks” Hyomin said and proceeded to the front gate.

Eunjung watched until Hyomin got into that car, she didn’t see the face of the driver, but all she knew her name was  Sunny, she was waiting until the car left, her heart was feeling heavy ,it was new feeling for her, she was feeling jealous.

 

***********************

Eunjung was pacing back and forth in her office, she wanted to check on her sister but she was afraid that Hyomin might be mad at her so she got her secretary to find Qri phone number for her and called her to make sure that her sister was fine.

“Hello?” Qri answered unknown number

“Hello, Qri ssi, this is Park Eunjung, hmm Hyomin’s sister”

“Oh, Eunjung, please drop your formality and just call me Qri” Qri told Eunjung.

“Ok” Eunjung agreed

“By the way, how can I do for you?” Qri asked politely

“I’m calling to ask if Hyomin is ok?” Eunjung awkwardly asked

“She is fine, I think she goes out with Sunny now, can’t you get through her?” Qri asked wonder why Eunjung would call her to ask about her sister,.

“Hmm, we kinda had a little fight, so she might not answer my call so I…” Eunjung didn’t finish her explanation but was cut by Qri

 “Arraso, that stubborn kid is always like that” Qri commented and laughed

“Thank you Qri, I may have to call you again sometimes” Eunjung said

“No, problem” Qri said

 “Ok, I won’t disturb you so long, enjoy your trip Qri” Eunjung said, she was more curious about Sunny but she saved it for later

“Thank you and don’t worry about your sister, I’ll take care of her” Qri stated

“Thank you” Eunjung smiled

Eunjung hang up the phone, she was dying to know who was Sunny; she might have to call Qri later.

 


 There is not much going on in this chapter , hope you guys don't get bored yet and please be patient with me. Feel free to leave your comments, Thank to you all.