Birthday Present

Series of Their Events

Youngji has a reason to be mad and being cold to two blonde kids -well actually, one of them is not really blonde and the other one definitely hates being called like that-. She was reading her newest script for her web drama at the third floor of Coffee Terrior when Bambam and Jackson were screaming a birthday song with a cake on Bambam's hand, two 2 candles were lit brightly. She eventually finds it hard to hide her smile when they come closer then she blows the candles off.

They cheer right after.

"Happy birthday, Nuna!" Bambam shouts with a very bright smile while putting the cake on the table. Jackson scrapes the cream with his finger and then puts it on her nose just for a joke when he gets a deathly glare from her instead.

"Are you mad?" Jackson asked in surprise when he found her seriously mad response, he was only expecting she would throw a cute annoyed response. Youngji sits back on her original place, unwilling to answer but she looks like she was already not mad anymore when Bambam asked,

"Why are you mad, Nuna? Are we disturbing you?" while he glances at the script book with an 'Alchemist' word on it and looks worried.

"Oh no, Bambam. I am not," she replies. Jackson frowns, he feels like he is being mistreated here.

"But you just looked at me like I was a sinner!" Jackson screams. Bambam's hands hang in front of him, trying to make Jackson calm down.

"You are indeed a sinner." Youngji replies nonchalantly and that makes Jackson feels more furious but then Bambam tries so hard to ensure him that they are in the public space and yelling will attract people, so he sits beside silent Youngji.

"But I only poked your nose with a cream, what kind of sin was that?" Jackson insists asking for explanation, he is on the verge thinking there is no growing girls that is not weird and he gets some hint. "Oooh! Are you on your period?"

Youngji snickers. Bambam sits in awkward position, like a kid caught his parents fight, he wants to ask her also but the timing doesn't feel right.

"You are not?" Jackson asks again to confirm, "so, can you tell me what happened and I can apologize to whatever I've did wrongly to you because I am here to celebrate your birthday and not making a fight."

"Yeah, Nuna, tell us what happened," Bambam props Jackson. Youngji sighs.

"It makes me sadder when you don't even realize it,"

"I remember your birthday though,"

"She hasn't finished talking, hyung."

"It has been a month since you contacted me." Youngji finally spills it, her head down, eyes fixed at her own nails. And everyone goes silent.

"Oh..." Jackson breaks the silent, his body slightly drop and a spark of guilt shown on his face, Bambam sighs in relieve. "Uhm well, we've been busy, right?"

"That's not the case, I am busy as well but I sent you those messages. You read them but you’ve never replied, did you ditch me? As a friend?" Youngji turns her head to face Jackson, her eyes tell him she is really hurt by his action. Jackson gulps.

"I am sorry..." he apologizes, quite weakly. Bambam sits in awkward once again.

"You have to thank God that I am willing to take your apology," she says and it brings a lively expression back on Jackson's face, "but with one condition."

"What is it? I am ready to take any request, since I am planning to execute my promise," Jackson replies. Bambam drops himself on the backseat and wait for them to realize that he is there, his hands folded.

"What promise?" Youngji asks absentmindedly when she realizes that it is that promise. "Well, I haven't thought about that."

"Okay, I'll wait."

"Are you implying that I should think one right now?"

"No. I mean I'll wait until you decide."

"Well, my sister asked me to help her at the counter, but I just get my script to read for tomorrow shooting, so, can you help me to help her?"

Jackson blinks. "Is that your birthday request?"

"No, it is for your apology."

"Okay, Bambam!" Bambam's head rises when Jackson called his name, finally he realize he is there.

"What?"

"You heard that."

"I heard... what?"

"Helping her sister at the counter for tonight." Youngji hits Jackson’s shoulder.

"I am asking you, not him!"

"I just came straight here from Inkigayo, Bambam has rested well today, he has more energy. AND you still have one promise to fulfill for me!" Jackson points at Bambam's face before he protests.

"I am here to talk and celebrate Nuna's birthday tho."

"Me too. I bought the cake anyway." Jackson insists while Youngji yells at the background and Jackson snaps her shut by saying the same thing. Bambam indeed has one promise to fulfill because he asked Jackson to pay for the cake.

"But why now..." Bambam whines.

"I am sorry Bambam, I'll treat you to meal in next time," Youngji consoles him and it makes him excited.

"Seriously?!"

Youngji nods, "and please try to not get caught up by fans you are here. Tell my unni about that." Bambam rises from his seat and dashes to downstairs. Youngji sighs, "Such a nice kid thrown into the war."

"Don't exaggerate it," Jackson replies quickly. "Moreover, he loves to get treated into meal, especially from you. I bet his initial plan being here is asking you to treat him somewhere. Anyway, don't you think if I was the one helping your sister, it doesn't make into news?"

"So does Bambam, no?"

"Well I am more popular," he reasons, Youngji snorts, "and we have that kind of history."

Youngji mums.

"So one of your request has been fulfilled, don't you think it's kinda easy?"

"I haven't and can't think of something and I don't think I will have something to ask about."

"I will always wait for your last request then." Youngji grabs her script book back and opens the last page she left. "Whoa, is that your web drama script?"

"Uh huh."

"Has it aired?"

"No, it will air on October."

"Well, that's long."

"You don't have to wait anyway."

"Why you sound bitter again?"

"I am not."

She mums, once again.

"Look, I am sorry to not reply your messages. It was my mistake, you know I will never ditch—"

"Jackson," she interrupts him.

"Huh?" he startles by her sudden interruption.

"You've been dated right?"

"Huh?" he confuses why she asked such question.

"You've been kissed right?"

Jackson even more flabbergasted by it.

"How was it, your first kiss?" she turns her head to face blank Jackson, his jaw slightly opens. He startles.

"My... my first kiss?" he confirms.

"Yes, I want to know how you felt that time… getting your first kiss taken by a person you liked." She winces in curiosity. He gulps and clears his throat.

But why he gulped anyway?

"Well that was nice... I guess?" Jackson tries to remember.

"You guess?"

"I mean, that kind of hard to explain, you need to experience it yourself."

"Ah damn," she curses, "I don't have time."

"What?"

"Uhm... I... there is a line, my line, in this script that.. I get my first kiss from sunbae I like."

"YOU GET KISS SCENE!?"

"Shusssh!" Youngji hisses in annoyance and Jackson covers his mouth with his hand and mutters a silent sorry. "Yeah, I get a kiss scene," she blushes, "and I don't know how to reenact it, since I... never been kissed, that's why I ask." Youngji exhales. She feels like confessing a crime she witnessed.

"So you want to know how it feels?" he asks, she nods, and he suddenly leans on her and remains only like ten centimeters between both nose. Youngji shocked the hell of her life, her eyes widened, her hands automatically form a defend position, her heart definitely beating super fast and Jackson is nowhere seen to backs himself away. Both eyes glaring at each other, she held her breathe and feels a warm breathe from him instead, somewhat it smells menthol and peppermint. Must be from his mouthwash or something. She blinks and he backs off, she exhales hard. Very hard.

"What was that?!" she asks.

"That's it, the feeling when your crush is going to kiss you. Fluttering, isn't it?"

"No," she disagrees, "I've got kind of shock I never experienced for my whole lifetime, you ing crazy!"

Jackson gasps, "Heo Youngji cursed!"

"You scared me! How the hell I didn't cursed?"

"Well, that kinda have same feeling, instead you'll feel fluttery instead." Jackson explains,

"You give bad example," Youngji says nonchalantly.

"Oh... do you want a good example?"

"No, stop. I can manage."

"No you can't." Jackson grabs her left hand, Youngji surprises and her eyes widened once again.

"I said, I," says Youngji while Jackson leans slowly, "...can..." and it is not ten centimeters anymore, she can feels the tip of his nose brushed hers, "...manage..." his head tilts, and once again menthol and peppermint smell, "... it." Her stomach tensed, his lips just a three centimeters away from hers and all of the things she can think is how she smells.

"No, you can't," his breath is warm against her own lips, she can feel how his lips move very clearly by her own lips. She gulps, her eyes jitters by his intimidating eyes. She can feel his warm body that almost pins her, she can feel his rough palm on her hand.

"Why are you doing this?" she finally decides to ask while worrying how she smells.

"You ask for this," he answers, still smells menthol and peppermint. How the hell he smells good?

"No," she says, weakly under his lips. Her eyes fixated to his upper lips, small stubs covering the area, she wonders how it feels like on her skin when it grows. "No," she says once again but she doesn't try to shove him away. The heat becomes familiar and she likes that.

"You are beautiful, you know?" he says.

"Are you seducing me?" she whispers.

"If you think so," he teases.

"Why?"

"Because you are always beautiful and I mean it."

Youngji's heart seems ready to burst but instead it is her brain, like it stops being sane and, "really?" she asks.

"Uh huh," he answers.

"So what are you going to do now?"

"Kiss you."

And his lips lands on hers right away, she gasps but she doesn't back away nor stiffened herself. It is like answering a call, she lets herself carried away. His lips feels surprisingly perfect on hers, hot and addictive and maybe later, peppermint becomes her new favorite flavor. He breaks the kiss just to allow themselves to grasps fresh air before he changes his head position.

She doesn't taste anything exactly, he thinks. A slight coffee, maybe, but he is not sure. Or maybe it is just taste Youngji. So this is it?

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Bambam screamed and they burst away from each other, Jackson fixes his snapback and Youngji straightened her clothes then tugs her hair at the back of her ear. They exhale at the same time. Bambam's jaw still dropping.

"You have no consideration," Jackson finally speaks, Youngji blush and then she rubs her face.

"I am sorry to stop you but this is public space and Hyung you know the consequences." Bambam theorizes, Jackson lows his head.

"I know."

Youngji turns her head to him, a pang of guilt and worry suddenly rises. "I am... sorry?" she isn't sure herself whether she has to be sorry or the other way round, she means he freaking take her first kiss. But the other hand it was part of her fault.

Jackson faces her back. "No, that's nobody fault." His answer strikes her. Yeah no one fault here. She awkwardly nods.

"Are you done helping?" Youngji asks.

"So you guess? Off course and instead I got such lovely scene and you owe me an explanation, Hyung, Nuna…"

Both Jackson and Youngji glance at each other and chuckle.

"Don't you think it's time to go home?" Youngji asks him.

He checks his watch and it is 10 PM and he definitely need to be back for practicing. "You are right. Come on Bambam, we needs to go home."

 

 

And days after that there is no single talk about the kiss, they are strangely have a silent and telepathic agreement that there is nothing to be talked about and let themselves stay what as they are before. But then at some random moment, either Jackson or Youngji thinks that maybe, maybe there will be one day at somewhere they never expected that they will kiss again.

They just have to wait.

 


 

a/n: not an english native speaker nor i excell at it. so please mind my english >u<