At The Stable

Series of Their Events

It was around the end of February, when Youngji's management finally permit her to take one day off just to accompany Jackson cleaning off the stable, the promise he made to the donkey owner few weeks ago. He was stupid, really, to grant such a promise in the middle of their busy schedules, not mention he dragged her name in his promise. But promise is a promise, the donkey owner already free charged the transportation and give Jackson a discount for rentaling the donkey just because it was his birthday.

Youngji arrived at Roommate house right from DSP office to picked out Jackson. When her car arrived in front of the house she caught Jackson stood outside already. The door's car opened, he bowed to Youngji's manager that charged to send them to the farm.

"Hello, hyung. I am sorry that I give you problem," he said apologetic.
"It's okay, it's okay. Hop in fast!" said the manager hyung sounded impatient and Jackson hopped into the car faster and sat beside Youngji.
"You aren't sorry to me?" she asked Jackson, demanding.
Jackson seemed unguilty, "Nope, it was our promise."
"You dragged me into your promise," she folded her arms, sulking.
"I am not, it was your job to fulfilling my birthday wish," he insisted. "I know you are busy and me too, but this is the only way to said thanks to crew and especially the farmer."

Youngji hold herself to not talked back because he was right. She laid down her body to the car seat.

"Have you eat?" he asked and right that time she knew he felt apologetic by the tone of his voice but mostly he always asked that question.
"No, you?"
"Same. Hyung have you eaten?" he diverted the question to manager hyung that busy driving.
"I have but if you want to treat me I am okay," he joked.
"Let's eat at the rest stop then, hyung. I'll treat you all," Jackson said cheerfully and glanced at Youngji that already made a 'ohhhh' face toward him.

So, they rest a little after two hours travel at the rest stop. It was quite calm at the stop that the manager let them ate there instead of doing take away to avoid commotion. So they ate silently while Jackson told an anecdote about donkey.

"So, there is an anecdote about donkey that I know," he started.
"Did you searching the story on the net or you already heard it long before?" Youngji and his cheerful face suddenly changed to annoyed face. She chuckled and apologized.
"Yah, Youngji why you ruin his mood, you know he easily sulk," her manager scold Youngji to defend Jackson but it didn't work, Jackson wouldn't continue his story even after they done eating and arrived at the donkey farm.

They greeted the owner that excited with their arrival at the farm and directly led them to the donkey's stable after put them with the gloves and working jumpsuit. When they arrived at the stable the owner said that when it comes to cleaning the stable they should unleash all the donkeys so they can easily clean it.

"Are they know that their stable is being cleaned?" Youngji asked.
"Yes, they will be back whenever you have done all," the owner answered. Jackson and Youngji looked amazed with the fact. "They are smart animal too, you know," the owner continued, "then I will off. Be careful of the straws, it might tripped you."

After the owner walked away and they started to clean the stables. They started by throwing of some ugly straws, swept the ground, cleaned it from poops and other. They managed to kid around to each other; like trying to threw bit of the poop, splashed some water, pushed each other at the haystack. Or done small sweet stuffs like wiped the sweats, fixed his snapback, removed her hair from her eyes. It took them four hours to clean the stables and then they just need to made the donkeys back to their home.

"So," Youngji started while pulling lighly one of the donkey's leash side by side with Jackson, "about your story, what is it?"
Jackson glanced at Youngji suspiciously, "are you going to tease me again?"
"No..."
"Yes you are!"
"I said no!"
"I don't wanna!"
Youngji scoffed, "yah, i have apologized hundred times... please told me..." Jackson still acted mute. "I am curious... oppa," she continued and tried so hard to not squealing or something like that.
"OH MY GOOOOOOD!!!!" Jackson suddenly screamed and squealed that made Youngji confused whether he was happy or cringed. The donkey that he pulled even startled.
"Why are you screaming?" Youngji hit his arm, super confused.
"I... I don't know," he stuttered.
Youngji laughed, still confused. "Do you really like that I called you oppa?"
"I think... NO! I mean shouldn't you called me oppa because I am older...?" Jackson argued.
Youngji snorted, "WE ARE JUST FIVE MONTHS APART THO!" she screamed in disbelieve.
"Will you called Mark oppa then?" he asked.
Youngji blinked at him. "Well... he born in 1993, so... yes?"
"UNFAIR!" he screamed.
"WHAT IS UNFAIR?!" she screamed back.
"STOP SCREAMING YOU MAKE THE DONKEY SCARED!" he scolded her.
"YOU TOO!"
"NO I AM NOT SC---" before he finished his scream, Youngji tripped by the straw, hard, and flew like half meter before she fell on the hard ground. The leash that she hold before loose and the donkey she had to pull back to the stables run away.

"Oh my god, Youngji, are you okay?" he bolted to help Youngji up. She laughed. "Why are you even able to laugh with this?" he asked in worry and helped her to stand but suddenly she groaned in pain.
"I think I sprained my ankle," she said.
"Can you walk?"
"I am afraid no," she said, look scarred.
"Well, first just sit down there, I will bring back all the donkeys and help us back to the house. Come on," he hold her and she jumped with one foot to the nearest place to sit. "Wait here!"
Youngji nodded and he pulled back the donkey's leash. "I am sorry, Jackson!"
"That's okay, just wait!"

After thirty minutes he came back and forth to brought back all the donkeys, while Youngji massaging her ankle, he finally back.

"Still can't stand up?"
Youngji shook her head.
"I'll piggyback you then," he said while squating in front of her.
"Can you?" she confirmed and got a fierced-annoyed glare back at her. "Okay okay." Then she hopped at Jackson's back and he started to lift her.
"Oh god you are heavy!"
"See what I've told you! Put me down."
"No.. no.. I can manage," he said while shifting her a bit, Youngji hug him to maintain the balance. She blushed a bit. "Can you make yourself a bit lighter?" he asked.
"I have dieting," she said.
"I mean do like the kungfu player do," he said and Youngji laughed hard. "You don't need diet, just practive kungfu. Oh god my back.."
"Yah..." she tried to hold her laugh, "you always have problem with your back."
He didn't replied. "Well..." he panted, "let's practice kungfu together."
She laughed.

So Jackson piggybacked her all along the road from the stable into the house without stopping to take a breath. He even told the story of the donkey and other things until they reached the house and manager hyung ran to them asking what happened. They bid goodbye to the donkey owner and back to Seoul.

The next day he received a message from Youngji.

- My ankle is okay now. I hope your back is okay too. See you soon, oppa! ㅋㅋㅋ

By that short message, he thinks he can forget that he had a little backache just now.