The Kiss She Didn't Ask

Series of Their Events

Heo Youngji didn’t remember if that Roommate’s house has a rooftop. It was on one of the day of shooting when Youngji found a door that opened ajar. The door that she thought was only a prop. She curiously opened it and came into the room which was like cables storage room, it was dark with a slight light coming from the tiny window. At the corner of the room there is a stair which led into somewhere. The shooting had finished so she thought it didn’t hurt to check the stair.
There was a square horizontal door, she carefully opened it in case there are many things that being put around the door. It was 4 pm, the sun still shined and it broke the darkness that embracing Youngji before. She kept climbing and then wow-ed at the scenery she got, entire view of Seongbukdong even though the house they lived in not located at the higher area but still, it was breathtaking. The rooftop itself got quite broad area to throw a barbeque party with.
When she gone downstairs to told the first person that she met—it’s her favorite Dongwook oppa—she got teased by him. She pouted and Dongwook laughed.
“I am joking,” he said, “the reason why the door set like a prop because actually it has no door,” he continued explaining. “I’ve been there and it’s quite a place to talk something private with someone because no camera,” he added, sounded like signaling something but Youngji didn’t get it.
She told Kangjun as well, it was random blurting in the middle of boring cooking duty.
“I’ve been there also,” he said.
“With someone?” she asked and he frowned.
“No. Alone,” he suspect something.
“Ah, because Dongwook oppa said it is the best place for talking in private because no camera,” she told.
“Yeah.. it’s quite a place. Want to go there with me?” he added with a little bit smirk.
She startled a bit, “what?”
He chuckled. “Let’s talking something you can’t talk to me here. This oppa will listen.”
“Ey, if I want to talk to you I could do that outside this house,” she hit Kangjun’s arm lightly, “but thanks for the offer.” She smiled and he smiled then they both continued cooking.


Youngji brought a can of beer. It was the week where they spend the last week in that house. Season two would be over soon, so before she left she might enjoy the afternoon break with laying on the rooftop, alone. She didn’t mind to be alone anyway, after all it was the thing that she used to live with.
It was quite warm for a winter that afternoon. The parka she wore felt a little bit warm than usual but to take caution she tightened the front. She grabbed her beer and opened it. A sizzle heard from inside the can, she sipped the foam. She looked at her phone, it was 4 pm and the sun already set to west slowly.
It buzzed. A message.
From Jackson.
- Where are you?
She replied.
- Rooftop
And no reply after that. She already guessed he ran into rooftop as soon as reading that, but did he know rooftop already?
“Wah!” he screamed loudly and it surprised Youngji. “I never know there is this place…” he added.
“You don’t know?”
“I had to ask Seho hyung about his when you said you are on rooftop and he lead me to the storage room,” he answered and sitting beside Youngji. “Are you drinking this?” he pointed at the beer. She nodded. “Only one?” he asked more. She nodded again and he grabbed then sipped it as well.
“Yah, I even haven’t drink it!” she hit Jackson and grabbed back her beer.
“Why you haven’t drink it anyway…” he said.
“I am enjoying it slowly.”
And then there was a silence.
“That’s nice,” Jackson said while looking at the sun. She had to turned her head to know what he meant.
“Oh the sunset,” she said. “I thought you are talking something different.”
“Well, it applied to anything. That all those time we spend with everyone here, it’s nice.”
She sighed. “Too bad it has to end, I thought we will do it like forty episodes or something, at least until my birthday come.” She looked at Jackson that looked at her.
“Yah, even without roommate I will grant two wishes in your birthday,” he nudged her with his elbow.
“You promise,” she said.
“I promise.” He offered his right hand and they shook hand. “What was your birthday wishes?”
“What was? Are you collecting references now?” she chuckled.
“Sort of,” he answered.
“That’s cheating! I even granted your birthday wishes without asking!” she yelled and he still demanded answer. “My birthday wish last year was to do well with KARA which is working right now. Two year ago, my wish was if I can become an idol for the last time, which is granted so far. Three years ago…” she paused.
“What?”
“I don’t know if I can say this,” she hesitated.
“Whaattt?”
She laughed, “If I could get my first kiss on Christmas day but that was absurd wish.”
“You never been kissed?” he asked.
She blinked at him, “well, you know I never have a boyfriend.”
“Pathetic.” He joked anyway but he had a point so she hit his arm hard.
“I am bad with guys. I think I am bad at relationship as well and that makes me bad at kissing,” she chuckeld.
“You are not. You see, you are not bad with everyone here and you already gained many guy friends,” he said.
“Do Jackson and Kangjoon counted as many?”
“You know my bandmates, another six guys counted as many,” he smiled, “and your guy friends at your management.” She smiled. “And you shouldn’t think you are bad at relationship,” he added. “It just you haven’t tried. The first time I date a girl, I just did it right away and kissed her after that right away.”
“You know I am shy,” she said with a low voice.
“That’s okay, you can practice with me,” he said. She turned her head faster and gave him a confuse look.
“Practice what?” she asked.
“Dating. With me.” He offered it confidently.
“But.. you are my friend. Best friend to be exact,” she said still confused.
“That’s best friend is for, giving you a help.”
She felt like smacked by a boxing sack. She tried to think he was joking but he looked so serious. She didn’t understand the situation, maybe she is indeed bad at reading guy and relationship. She was speechless.
“I can give you a kissing lesson as well,” he added.
“What??!” she screamed. “But you are Wang Jackson, you are my best fr—“ she was going to finish it when his hand covering and it made her taken aback.
And there was silence. Their gaze met. A confuse gaze and a dark, you-can’t-tell-what gaze. His face leaned to her slowly. She gulped. He kissed his fingers the fingers that was covering .
So that was really not a kiss but their nose brushed each other. It lasted for a while and if he decided to move his hand they would be actually kissing.
And he did. His soft and warm lips touch hers.

 

 

And she woke up abruptly, breathing hard. She exhaled a relief.

 

So that was only a dream.