Catering

How Do You Like Your Coffee?

          Sighing, I dumped the mop back into the bucket of water before squeezing out all the excess liquid. Leaning the mop against the counter, I inspected the floor of the cafe. Satisfied that I had successfully mopped up the tiles, I put the mop and bucket back into the kitchen (it was Taekwoon’s job to dump the water out) before grabbing a towel and some cleaning product. As I walked back into the main area of the cafe, I began to disinfect the tables and machinery. Humming softly, I was almost finished with the last table when Hakyeon approached me.

          “Hey Hyukkie,” he greeted while leaning against the counter. “Are you busy this Saturday?”

          “No, I don’t think so?” I replied, pausing from my job to look Hakyeon in the eye. He seemed a bit nervous and was constantly fidgeting with his shirt. “I have a culminating soon but I’m going to the library with my study group on Sunday so Saturday should be free.”

          “Good. Well, Taekwoon does this thing on the side where he helps cater for parties along with some other chefs and he has a job this Saturday. The thing is the company that’s running the catering is low on servers so they contacted us,” Hakyeon explained, waving his hands in the air. “So do you think you could come and help serve? Jaehwan is coming but Wonshik has to go home this weekend.”

          “What am I supposed to do? Just stand there with a plate of food?” I questioned, a bit hesitant. Working as a barista was easy enough, I didn’t even have to talk to people since Hakyeon usually handled the cash register. All I had to do was make coffee and maybe smile at people once in a while, nothing in my job description really had anything to do with interacting with people. However, judging by my previous job experiences, being a waiter was completely different. I’d only been a server once and that job did not end well.

          “Well, servers are going to be circulating around since it’s a house party. There’s going to be people bringing food and others who will just take away empty plates and glasses. The more experienced waiters, like me and Jaehwan, will be in charge of food so I’m assuming you’ll just walk around and pick up empty dishware,” Hakyeon answered. “Maybe smile once in a while too?” Hakyeon added hopefully. “You’re adorable when you smile; maybe you’ll even pick up a couple of admirers.”

          “I don’t like people,” I stated immediately.

          “Now you sound like Taekwoon,” Hakyeon sighed.

          “Let me rephrase that, people are okay but I’d rather not talk to strangers all night just because they like my face. Taekwoon hyung just doesn’t like people in general,” I explained, hearing an indignant grunt from inside the kitchen.

          “Ugh, fine,” Hakyeon pouted, “you’re no fun. Walk around like a grumpy pants then. But at least try to be pleasant? You don’t want to ruin someone’s party experience.”

          “Fine,” I sighed deeply. “Will I get paid at least?”

          “Yup,” Hakyeon smiled, “the host of the party is really rich so expect a large payroll.”

          “Awesome, I’m down,” I grinned, ecstatic. There was a new episode of the video game I was currently obsessed with coming out soon and I had been in despair since I didn’t have enough money to buy it. Then again, with exams coming soon, maybe it wasn’t the greatest idea to buy it. Whatever, I’ll survive. Always had, always will. “What’s the address?”

          “Dunno, Taekwoon knows but he’s kind of mad at me right now. Come to my house first, we’re all meeting there. I’m assuming you don’t have any fancy clothes so I’ll figure something out for you,” Hakyeon shrugged.

          “Hey, I wore a suit for my graduation,” I replied in mock anger.

          “Does it still fit you?” Hakyeon sassed, raising an eyebrow while crossing his arms over his chest.

          “No, but that’s ‘cause unlike you, I grow,” I teased, sticking my tongue out. Hakyeon narrowed his eyes at my jab at his height (he was pretty sensitive to his height despite the fact that he was 180 cm, probably because he was still the shortest out of all of the workers) but didn’t make any move to hit me. Weird.

          “Anyways,” Hakyeon continued, struggling to control his violent urges, “I’ll text you the address later.”

          “Alright boss,” I said cheerfully before resuming my work. Hakyeon got up and walked into the back room before poking his head out again.

          “Oh yeah, I don’t know who the people are but apparently the host for the party is Lee Andrew. The name mean anything to you?” Hakyeon supplied, an odd expression upon his face.

          “No, should it?” I asked, confused.

          “Nah, don’t worry about it,” Hakyeon laughed slightly before disappearing into the work room.

          “Okaaaay,” I said to myself, “that was weird.”


          “I’m home,” I called, slipping my shoes off. I walked into the living room and spotted Sungjae sitting on the couch. He was flipping through a variety of channels before deciding on the variety show, Running Man. “Anything interesting happen today?”

          “Not really,” Sungjae mumbled as I took a seat next to him. We both watched as Yoo Jaesuk hosted the opening followed by the typical quarreling between him and Kim Jungkook. “Well, my cumulating got moved, I guess that’s good. Not very interesting for you though.”

          “Yeah,” I agreed, leaning over to reach for the bowl of chips on the table. As we snacked in relative silence, I relaxed into the comfortable leather couch and let my thoughts disappear. It had been a long time since I had hung out with Sungjae despite the fact that we both went to the same high school. He had been one of my closest friends when I entered university and even now, after barely interacting for a good month, the silence was comfortable and welcoming. Thinking back to my previous conversation with Hakyeon, I realized that I was wrong. It wasn’t like I didn’t like people; in fact, back in high school I was pretty popular. I would talk to almost all of my classmates and remember all of their faces and schedules. It got to a point where I was almost voted school president (but I refused since then I’d have to be responsible and have less time for video games). The thing was, I was a picky person. I only liked certain foods and once I found something I really liked, I usually stuck with it for a long time. Therefore, making good friends (that would last a period of time longer than a couple months) was difficult for me. One needed to have the right personality traits that matched mine or else, sooner or later, we’d fall apart.

          “Isn’t this the episode with Girls’ Day?” a voice asked above the couch. Startled, Sungjae and I both jumped and glared at Ilhoon who merely snickered at us. He then collapsed into the couch beside Sungjae and grabbed a handful of chips. “This is a rerun, why don’t we watch something else?”

          “’Cause I haven’t watched this one yet and Eunji noona is here,” Sungjae replied, hiding the remote control from Ilhoon’s grasp. “Just ‘cause you’ve watched this episode doesn’t mean we can’t watch it, right Hyuk?”

          “Sure,” I replied, not very interested. The episode was amusing, sure, but I wasn’t very invested in the different idols that were appearing so I kept out of Ilhoon and Sungjae’s argument.

          “Fine,” Ilhoon grumbled, leaning back into the couch. Sungjae smiled widely, raised the volume and before long, we were all invested in the show. As the show ended, Ilhoon got up and turned the lights on causing me to flinch at the sudden brightness. “I swear you’re allergic to light or something, you vampire.”

          “Shut up,” I groaned, grabbing a pillow and holding it over my head. As my eyes adjusted to the (in my opinion) harsh lighting, Sungjae cleaned up the chips and washed the bowl in the sink. “Oh yeah,” I said, sitting up. “Do you guys know an Lee Andrew?”

          “Lee Andrew?” Ilhoon’s jaw dropped. “You mean the owner of MaiTech? The really big hospital? He’s really popular with the people in this area, does charity events and fundraising all the time. Once he even visited almost every house in the surrounding neighbourhoods just to tell them about the party he was hosting.”

          “I heard he has three children, two girls and one boy. I heard that the oldest girl is in a really high managerial position for Lexus and the middle child is an accomplished author. I think someone told me that his son goes to our university,” Sungjae pitched in, turning the tap off.

          “Really?” Ilhoon turned towards Sungjae, “like, I knew he had a son but I thought he went to some other prestigious school.”

          “Apparently he was supposed to but he ran away from home and applied to Haepari instead,” Sungjae replied. “I heard that he recently contacted his parents again though. Big news, mom cried and all that. In fact, I think they’re holding a party this weekend to celebrate his return.”

          “Oh? But I heard that the party was going to be some engagement party? Something about a business marriage?” Ilhoon added.

          “Does that type of thing still happen? This sounds like a drama or something,” I rolled my eyes at how excited Ilhoon and Sungjae were getting over petty gossip. “Anyways, it doesn’t matter if it’s an engagement party or a welcome home one, I still have to go.”

          “Wait what? You’re invited? Out of all the people I know you were the last person I suspected,” Ilhoon stared at me in surprise.

          “Yeah, my boss said we have to help cater,” I said absentmindedly before noticing the time. “Which reminds me, I should go to sleep, I have an important lecture to attend tomorrow morning.”

          “Hyuk you can’t just say something like that and leave!” Ilhoon protested as I closed the door to my bedroom. I could hear Ilhoon sigh and mumble about something (probably about how I was disrespectful) before he walked away. Jumping onto my bed, I rolled around and stared up at the ceiling. So the party this weekend was going to be interesting. Whether it is a welcoming or engagement party was irrelevant, what I really wanted to see was this mysterious son. His situation really did sound like a drama, a young man runs away from home to marry the love of his life or something. Except apparently this guy was lame and ran away so he could go to the school of his choice. That part didn’t really make sense to me, why run away from a prestigious university that his parent’s would probably pay for? To go to a middle-class one like Haepari? I rolled onto my side and closed my eyes. Puzzling over the actions of others wouldn’t get me anywhere, after all, I was studying archeology, not psychology, and it wasn’t really any of my business anyways.


          The rest of the week is fairly uneventful, except for the fact that Sungjae and Ilhoon would press me for details about the upcoming party every time I came home, things were relatively normal. Finals were approaching in a couple weeks so students were cramming everything into their brains in hopes of magically boosting their marks 10% (marks don’t work like that but whatever motivated them to study I guess) and although I was smart enough to actually retain some knowledge, I joined the ranks of students at the library on a daily basis. Therefore, my week went by pretty fast and before I knew it, the weekend had arrived. I was waiting outside of my house for Wonshik to pick me up. Hakyeon had sent me a text the day before with information about the party and one of the first points was “don’t try to dress yourself, I mean, wear clothes, but Wonshik’ll come to pick you up and bring you to my house and we’ll give you better clothes then”.

          “Hey Hyuk, hurry up and get in!” a voice called and I look up to see Wonshik sitting in his car with Jaehwan in the passenger seat. I made sure the door was locked behind me before I get into the back of the car. Wonshik was off before I even began to buckle my seatbelt.

          “Sorry, were you waiting for a long time?” I asked, finally managing to buckle myself in. I looked up from my seat and saw Jaehwan fiddling with the radio before he decided on a modern Kpop station.

          “Not really, it’s just that we’re late because Jaehwan hyung didn’t wake up on time and Hakyeon hyung is kind of stressed about this whole party thing,” Wonshik replied.

          “I woke up on time!” Jaehwan protested. “Seriously, it’s just that my alarm clock decided to turn itself off even though I hit snooze for the third time!”

          “Who in the world hits snooze three times in a row?” I muttered to myself as a blaring beat began to play on the radio. Unfortunately for me, the music hadn’t been loud enough to cover my comment and Jaehwan was glaring at me from his front seat.

          “I had a rough night okay?” Jaehwan grumbled, “One of the final parts for my culminating project was due today so I had to rush to finish. I think I got like, two hours of sleep max.”

          “And why did you not do it before hyung?” Wonshik lectured as he turned right. I not-so-smoothly slammed into the car wall and Jaehwan choked on his seatbelt. “Whoops, sorry guys.”

          “Are you trying to kill us Wonshik?” Jaehwan groaned, rubbing at his sleepy eyes. “And inspiration strikes when you least expect it. I didn’t have anything I wanted to draw until a couple days ago.”

          “So basically you procrastinated,” Wonshik summed up Jaehwan’s excuse.

          “Just shut up and drive.”

          A couple minutes later we surprisingly managed to arrive at Hakyeon’s house. While Jaehwan kneeled on the ground and kissed the pavement in joy, I slowly exited the car on shaky legs. Wonshik got out a couple seconds later and locked the car.

          “Come on, my driving’s not that bad,” Wonshik complained as Jaehwan continued to express his love for solid ground. Wonshik walked over and kicked Jaehwan lightly in the before following me up to Hakyeon’s doorbell. Jaehwan whined and joined us a couple moments later while I rang the bell.

          “You guys are late,” Hakyeon scolded as he opened the door. Jaehwan shot him an apologetic smile before prancing into the house with Wonshik on his heels. I was the last one to enter the house and as Hakyeon closed the door behind me, I surveyed my surroundings carefully. The house was medium sized, modestly furnished, with a textbook style colour palette. Despite the fact that it hardly seemed lived in (everything was organized and sparkly clean), the house seemed quite homely and it fit Hakyeon’s personality perfectly.

          “Wow hyung, not even a hi?” I teased after Wonshik and Jaehwan disappeared upstairs. Hakyeon rolled his eyes and muttered something about how it was ‘too early for this’ before motioning me to follow him upstairs. As we approached the second level, I could hear Wonshik and Jaehwan in one of the rooms on the left. They seemed to be well accustomed to the house (then again, they had known Hakyeon for longer than I had) and I guessed that they’re clothes were already prepared for them.

          “Alright Hyukkie,” Hakyeon announced, pushing me into a room farther down the hall. “So I didn’t know what size you were meaning that you’re just going to have to make do.” I looked around the room and saw what seemed to be a guest bedroom with a table mirror filled with makeup supplies and a little stool where Hakyeon directed me to sit. As I examined the twenty types of eyeliner on the table, Hakyeon made his way over to the closet and pulled out a simple suit. Black dress pants, white collared long sleeve, dark blue tailcoat vest, and a dark red skinny tie. “The pants are Taekwoon’s because you’re taller than me, shirt is Wonshik’s and the vest is mine so remember to return them.”

          “A-ah,” I stammered, flustered at the formal attire. “Do I really have to wear this?” I asked as Hakyeon practically slammed it into my hands. Hakyeon raised an eyebrow and pointed to the attached bathroom door.

          “Obviously, it’s a fancy party. That means the servers have to be fancy too. Also the colour scheme luckily matches the vest so you’ll be okay,” Hakyeon said while I sighed in defeat and walked into the bathroom. After removing my outer clothes and placing them outside of the door (as directed by Hakyeon) I carefully dressed in the borrowed outfit. After adjusting the tie, I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and raised an eyebrow at my reflection. I was never a bad looking person, but I guess it really is true that everyone looks better in a suit. Hakyeon also seemed to agree with statement, unless his screaming when I exited the bathroom was because I ripped the suit rather than because I looked fairly handsome. “I knew you’d look great!” Hakyeon beamed and dragged me over to the stool again. Forcing me to sit down, he looked through the various products on the table before pulling some out and comparing it to my skin. “Do you normally wear makeup Hyukkie?”

          “Uhm,” I replied unintelligently as Hakyeon began to dap something on my face. “Only for special occasions? I use BB cream and lotion when my face is in a particularly bad state and sometimes I’ll add a bit of eyeliner if it matches my outfit but other than not really?”

          “Ah, that’s ‘cause you’re young,” Hakyeon said before grabbing another product and slathering my face with that as well. “You have nice skin though; I can see why you don’t have to apply too much. However,” Hakyeon flourished an eyeliner pencil, “today you must look beautiful and it is up to me to make you so.”

          “I always look beautiful,” I sassed. Hakyeon rolled his eyes and told me to look up as he applied the eyeliner to my bottom lids.

          “Just be quiet and let me do my work kid.”

          An hour later I sat quietly downstairs while Jaehwan and Wonshik clowned around in the kitchen. After Hakyeon had finished applying makeup on me, he pushed me out of the room and began to dress himself. As I stood in the hallway wondering where to go, Wonshik found me and brought me downstairs (as Jaehwan cooed at how cute I looked). The two older workers then walked into the kitchen and had begun arguing about if they should eat something or not.

          “It’s a party with catering, of course we’ll be able to eat something!” Jaehwan stated, leaning against the fridge so Wonshik couldn’t open it (not that he hadn’t tried, but apparently either Jaehwan was heavier than he looked or he actually worked out).

          “But we’ll be working the whole time! Who knows when we’ll be able to eat!” Wonshik countered, turning to open a cupboard. The two men scuffled and continued to argue while I slouched lower into the couch and tried to tune them out. I contemplated turning the TV on but decided against it seeing as I would have to get up to grab the remote.

          “Don’t rumple my clothes,” Hakyeon scolded as he came down the stairs. Groaning, I sat back up and pouted while he took a seat beside me. “What are they even arguing about?” he gestured with his head towards the kitchen which was now emitting high pitches squeals and low pitched groans.

          “Uhm, something about food. I stopped listening a while ago,” I replied. “And these clothes aren’t even yours.”

          “Whatever, I need to tell you something about tonight,” Hakyeon’s voice dropped, causing me to have to lean in closer in order to hear him. “Do you remember Mrs. Lee? The lady who came in to the store and asked about, uhm, coffee beans?” I nodded. “Well, she’s the one hosting this party so don’t freak out I guess. Also the party is for rich people so just smile and nod when they tell you things and if they seem condescending don’t question it or else you’ll be stuck there for eons as they explain to you their pedigree and why they’re so much better than you.”

          “So you want me to up to them?” I spat out, annoyed. I hated being looked down upon and one of my biggest pet peeves was people who thought that they were better than everyone else. It was even worse when they had baseless confidence and these rich snobs were probably exactly like that.

          “No, although you can if you want bigger tips. I’m just telling you to ignore them in a polite manner,” Hakyeon replied, “listen Hyuk, I don’t like them either. Some of them are condescending and rude just because you weren’t born in a high class family but you can’t judge an entire population based on one or two people. Most of them are nice, cultured, and generally civilized people so don’t let one person ruin your entire experience okay?”

          “Okay,” I sighed in defeat. I could see the logic in Hakyeon’s statement but it still irked me that I might have to encounter a haughty prick.

          “Good boy, now if I can get Wonshik and Jaehwan to stop arguing we can get going,” Hakyeon patted me on the head and gave me a small smile before getting up and marching into the kitchen.


          “Do we have anymore scones?” I asked as I entered the kitchen. Depositing the pile of dirty plates into one of the containers on the left I turned and saw Taekwoon look up and waved at me slightly before he went back to work.

          “Yeah, we’ll get on it,” one of the kitchen staffs announced before wiping down another tray and handing it to me. “How do these people eat so much and stay so thin?”

          “Beats me,” I shrugged as I thanked the staff. “Then again, the portions are small and some of them don’t even finish half so...”

          “I guess you have a point,” the worker laughed and waved goodbye as I exited the kitchen and re-entered the masses. Walking around, I was still in shock at the number of people that could fit into this house. Okay, maybe it couldn’t really be considered a house, it was more of a mansion, but still. There was probably over two hundred guests crammed into the bottom floor of the building and from what I could tell, there were still people arriving. The mansion itself was beautiful, exactly like where I imagined a rich family would live. From chandeliers to marble pillars to animal skin rugs to gigantic fireplaces, the establishment practically oozed privilege.

          “Do you have any more red wine?” an elegant woman asked as I reached beside her to grab an empty plate. She was a bit tipsy if her red cheeks were an indication of anything and I was worried she’d stain her white dress with the glass of wine she was currently drinking.

          “I’m not sure miss, I’d have to check,” I replied politely while the woman blinked slowly. Her eyelashes sparkled from the bright lights overhead and she had applied some type of glittery eye shadow so her eyes were practically blinding.

          “Are you sure?” she pouted, clinging onto my arm. She her chest into my face so her cleavage was exposed and I resisted the urge to gag. Reminding myself that she was drunk (and hoping that she was normally a more sophisticated and reserved lady) I pushed her away gently with my free hand before I smoothly grabbed her current drink out of her grasp.

          “Maybe you should lie off on the wine for now miss,” I advised as she stumbled slightly. I put the glass on my tray and helped the woman sit down before leaving. Weaving through the throng of people, I grabbed a couple more dishes and glasses and deposited them in the kitchen before the lead waiter told me to take a break. Thanking him, I took off my apron and grabbed a couple desserts before I walked around the party. As I finished my last pastry, I bumped into an older man. Startled, I bowed to apologize and as he turned, I realized that he was shorter than I was and looked pretty young.

          “Oh hey!” the man greeted, grinning. Confused, I simply stared at him as he raised an eyebrow. “Wait, , I haven’t introduced myself. Or maybe Hakyeon hasn’t told you about me. I’m Lee Minhyuk, a friend of Hakyeon’s. He’s told me about you but I didn’t think you’d be so cute!”

          “A-ah,” I replied while Minhyuk squeezed my cheeks. He did give off a very Hakyeon like vibe and Hakyeon knew a lot of people so I couldn’t say I was particularly surprised that his social circle expanded into the rich and famous. “Nice to meet you then.”

          “Same, same,” Minhyuk laughed joyfully before examining my outfit. “So you’re on break now then? Since you’re not wearing an apron.”

          “Yeah, I have around an hour to relax. Although that’s kind of hard considering the pure amount of people in this place,” I responded while someone bumped into me, only proving my point.

          “Follow me then,” Minhyuk pulled on my arm, “there’s more space by the couches since everyone’s still not as drunk. The couches usually get filled the later it gets after people drink too much and aren’t as social.” Minhyuk guides me towards one of the many clusters of leather sofas and we plop down on one of the ones facing the party. As Minhyuk hands me a drink (non-alcoholic because I’m too young he states) he begins to point and talk about the many people at the party. “See her? That’s Jung Yoona, she used to be a model for a big company in China but she was involved in a scandal with the rivalling companies CEO and they kicked her out. I hear she’s doing well enough with CF’s though. Oh and that guy over there? Apparently he’s involved with mafia and he’s got an underground operation in Busan.”

          “How do you know so much?” I asked curiously after Minhyuk pretty much told me almost every guest’s life story.

          “People just naturally open up to me,” Minhyuk replied, grinning easily. “Hakyeon tells me it’s because I have a nice face and an easy going personality.”

          “I can see that,” I said, “at least five people have almost approached you ever since we’ve sat down.”

          “Aha, is that so?” Minhyuk smirked, sipping from his glass. “Oh, do you know why this party is even happening in the first place?”

          “My friends told me that it’s either an engagement party or a welcome home one. Didn’t the host’s son come home recently or something?” I said vaguely. I still wasn’t sure which story I believed more so I just summarized everything Sungjae and Ilhoon had told me and hoped that Minhyuk actually knew which one was right.

          “It’s a welcome home party,” Minhyuk confirmed, “Mrs. Lee, that’s the person running the party, her son came back in contact with her recently after two years of being on the run. Mrs. Lee tends to be a very... spontaneous person? She likes to throw parties.”

          “Aha,” I nodded as Minhyuk began to talk about Mrs. Lee and her family. I was distracted however, at a commotion near the middle of the room. Looking closer, I spot what seems to be Mrs. Lee pushing past a crowd of people. Her styled hair is in shambles and there seemed to be tears smearing her makeup. She tripped over her high heels and screamed in exasperation causing everyone that wasn’t previously looking at her to turn around and do so. Even Minhyuk stopped talking as Mrs. Lee tore her shoes off and rushed upstairs. I was about to turn around and ask Minhyuk is he knew what the hell was going on but a shadow of a person distracted me. As the shadow raced up the stairs, I rubbed my eyes. Despite how many times I closed my eyes the person running up the stairs after Mrs. Lee did not change. That was definitely Kong Chansik. Other known as the creepy dude who barged into my bedroom.

          “Wow,” Minhyuk commented after Chansik had disappeared upstairs and the guests decided to mingle again. “That was interesting.”

          “Do you know who that was?” I asked cautiously, not wanting to reveal too much. Minhyuk seemed like a nice enough, but considering how willingly he had spilled everyone’s secrets I wasn’t sure if I trusted him completely. Plus, the less people that knew about Chansik’s visit to my house the better, I didn’t want to relive that experience again.

          “Who? Kong Chansik?” Minhyuk asked, turning towards me. As I nodded, he his chin in thought before taking another sip of his alcohol. “He’s a nice enough guy, pretty rich from what I hear. I think his mom is an actress of some sort? He goes to the university near here, actually, I heard that Mrs. Lee’s son was supposed to go to that university too but he ran away before she could enroll him. Apparently he goes to a university in this district, the name had something to do with a jellyfish? Not too sure. Mrs. Lee’s son is quite the fellow I hear. Handsome, smart, and perfect husband material. I think he’s gay though, or biual at least. Rumour has it that he’s bedded both men and women.”

          “What,” I said, a little taken aback. “Why is this important?”

          “I don’t know, it’s interesting gossip. But that’s really all it is. Rumours,” Minhyuk replied, shrugging. “Anyways, now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure Mrs. Lee’s son’s name started with an H? Or did it start with a B? It had something about ‘beans’ in it that’s for sure. Wait, Chansik should know. Where’d that child go?”

          “Why would Chansik ssi know?” I inquired, biting back the rising tide of anxiety within. Mrs. Lee had come into Starlight looking for ‘beans’. If what she was referring to was a person... I only knew one person that was from high society whose name started with an H and had contact with Chansik.

          “’Cause they’re engaged,” Minhyuk stated, “Chansik and Mrs. Lee’s son, they’ve been dating since high school and right before he ran away, Chansik’s dad proposed that they have a business marriage. It made headlines since they were both male but they had their family’s support so nothing too big happened.”


I’m tired. Why did I decide to write. This probably has a lot of mistakes. Hopefully my editor will catch them all. Anyways, finally we learn a little more about Hongbin. I hope everyone got that hint at the end because if you didn’t, ‘cause I can’t think of another way to drop the bomb.

Moving on, SUMMER VACATION BISHES. EXAMS ARE OVAAAAA. And then I realize I have summer school on the 29th. Whooooops. At least I had an eventful week. Hung out with my friends, ate ice cream, played Skyrim. Y’know, normal teenager stuff. Totally not. I am the worst teenager ever. I just sit at home and go on Tumblr and YouTube. Oh, and I write fanfiction on Korean males who don’t even know I exist. *shrugs*

Sorry for the slower updates, even though school is done I kinda started another fic (whoops) and I’ve been alternating writing between both. That and my muse is slowly leaving me so I don’t get the inspiration to write as often as I did before. Don’t worry, I’m dragging my muse back in. It’ll come around soon enough. I hope.

Oh, and sorry about the makeup scene. I don’t know how makeup works so I just kind of winged it. Is an eyeliner pencil even a thing? I didn’t know what it was called so I just made something up. Whoops.

Once again, thanks for reading and I do not own anything in this story other than the idea and plot, any similarities to other works of fiction are purely coincidental or have been used as sources of inspiration. Please do not repost this anywhere without my permission; plagiarism isn’t nice!

Hope you’re smiling!

                                                                                                                 ~ Alateni

PS: I forgot to do this last time (I APOLOGIZE) so thanks to vixx6, GTokodi, taekhyuks, JojoT3, and Zhuchu for upvoting! *blows kisses*