Wonders of Food & Music

Heartbreaks, Encounters, and Confusion over Feelings

*phone ringing*  Ring Ring 

"Mhrmmn.." 

Ring Ring 

 

Ugghhhhh No. 

 

RING RINGGGGGG

 

Who the hell is calling me and disturbing my beauty sleep?!?!

 

Baekhyun slams his hand on his bedside table searching for his phone. When he finally finds it, he accepts the call.

*makes a huge sigh into the phone* "Whatttttttttt???" Baekhyun says in a whiney voice.

"Get up sleeping beauty it's beautiful day!" The person on the other line says in a way too cheerful voice for so early in the morning. 

"What do you want?" Baekhyun mentally eye rolls.

"Ooo ouch, Is that how your supposed to talk to your best friend?" The other person replies with a fake hurt voice. 

"Does it matter??" Baekhyun sasses back.

"Someone's being grumpy today." The other person points out the obvious. 

"............I will hang up." Baek says with a *im so done with life voice*

"Okay, okay. I'll make it quick. What do think about me, Park Chanyeol, giving you a job offer at my music store? Think about it two best friends working together, jamming out on the Instruments in store andyoukmowpossiblyteachsomekidspiano and make some music if you want and just be surrounded by all the beautiful instruments. How does that sound????" Chanyeol half persuades and pleads his friend to come help him. 

"Haha. No" *sassy baek*

"C'monnnnn, help a hyung out." Chanyeol tries to plea with a slight ageyo voice.

"First of all your the same age as me. Second, your only asking me because your super 'fabulous' professional part timer and full time flirt is out for the day." Baek says with sarcasm and a bit of jealously.

"Henry is not super fabulous, he just gets along well with the kids and the parents. He's a charmer it brings in business. And it's not for the day, it's just until the early afternoon." Chanyeol says in a comforting tone noticing that his friend is a bit jealous about hiring Henry even though his friend is perfectly capable to do the job too.

"You know you could've asked me in the beginning instead of hiring someone." 

"I DID BUT YOU REFUSED BEACAUSE YOU WANTED TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH TAEYEON!" Channie says in an outburst.

".............." There is a silence on the other line. 

"Oh dude. I'm sorry man I didn't-" A sign of instant regret fills chanyeol's voice.

"No it's alright it's already over between me and Taeyeon." Baek tries his best to calm Chanyeol down.

"Right, Um."

"Why can't you teach the kids?" Baek changes the subject to something else to relieve the awkward tension.

"Cause I have to tend to the store and the customers. And C'mon join meee. I bet you haven't stepped out of the house in the past months." Channie continues to plea.

"Excuse you but I've been working out in park every couple of days and I even made a new friend." *sassy Baek once again*

Chanyeol thought that after the Taeyeon fiasco that Baekhyun died for those few months and wanted to have some of his own personal space but he's relieved to here that he's be out at least and even made a new friend.

"Oh a new friend? Who is it? Do I know them? ARE YOU REPLACING ME??!?" Channie says in a over excited tone with a dramatic panicked voice. 

Baekhyun chuckles "I'm not replacing you, you monkey face. It's just someone one."

"Prove it to me by helping me today! Come to the store~~~~ C'mon on I haven't seen you in monthssss~~~" *chanyeol ageyo*

"Fine, fine I'll help you out BUT you're buying me lunch." Baek finally gives in.

"Deal." Chanyeol says with a chuckle.

"Alright. Laters." 

"REMEMBER BE AT THE STORE BY 9!!" Chanyeol yells on the other line and Baek hangs up.

"Jeez. That dumb monkey face." 

Baekhyun says as he chuckles, yawns, stretches and gets out of bed.

 

It is so earlyyyyy~~

 

*stomach grumbles*

 

Food, food, I need food.

 


*door bell rings*

Amber answer’s the intercom

“Hello?”

“It’s me.” the man on the otherside answers.

“No, Go away.”

“Pleaseeeeeee~” *ageyo*

“What’s the magic word~~?” Amber Ageyo's back.

“Do you wanna build a snowman~~?” *sings*

“No!” Amber says sternly.

“Okay bye~~” Henry starts slowly walking away and Amber chuckles and goes to open the door

“Long time no see.”

“Yeah, it’s been a long time.”

Henber (Henry&Amber) hug and amber neck chokes/wrestles henry to the floor

“NECK SLICE!” Amber yells as she does vigorous neck slicing motions with her arm.

“Okay, okay, okay.” Henry automaticly gives up.

Amber laughs and helps henry up from the floor.

“Okay so what are we doing today?” 

“Well I took the morning off to go out with you so your choice.”

“Well i haven’t had breakfast yet so let’s go eat something.”

"How about pizza?" 

"Pizza for breakfast? Really?" Amber says judgingly.  

"It's noon." Henry states.

"Every meal is breakfast when it's the first meal I eat after I wake up." Amber says with a slightly prideful voice.

Henry chuckles "Okay fine but were full grown adults we can eat pizza for breakfast if we want to~"

"Your paying?" Amber says with eyebrows raised.

"I'm paying." Henry says with a relieving voice. 

 


Henry and Amber arrive at the pizzeria and order their favorite pizza: Hawaiian & chicken wings.

"The pizza here is really good! You won't regret it." Chanyeol says to Baekhyun as he opens the door to the pizzeria. 

"You're really hyping up the pizza-" Baekhyun cuts off as he spots Amber and Henry sitting at a table together.

 

What is she doing here? Who is that guy? Omg this gonna be awkward if she sees me. Baek don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact, don't-

 

"OH Henry-hyung what are you doing here?! And with Amber?! Eyyyyy, So this is who your meeting. You don't have to hide Amber from me. We're close too? Aren't we Amber?" Chanyeol says surprised and excitedly.

"Chanyeol! Ahha yeah we are close too." Amber says as she gives Channie a bro handshake.

Channie gestures to Baek who awkwardly waves his hand and smiles "Oh let me introduce you to-" 

"Baekhyun!" Amber replies and goes over to give Baekhyun a high five and his hand a squeeze as she hugs him. Baek smiles to himself and tightly hugs back feeling Amber's warm welcome.

As Amber pulls away bringing Baek back to his senses. "Since we're all here, lets sit together." 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun join Amber & Henry at their table. As Chanyeol & Baekhyun order their pizza's Chanyeol questions. "So how do you know Amber?" 

"How do YOU know Amber?" Baek says back

"I know Amber through Henry-hyung. And is this-" Chanyeol catches on that Amber might be Baekhyun's new friend since he's never seen them together before.

Baek cuts in with a panicked voice and fear of embrassment. "IT'S A LONG STORY! But um..well..uh" 

"We meet in the park in our neighborhood. I was just a helpful stranger for Baek to vent to after some certain events happened and we became good friends ever since that." Amber said omitting the crying, almost falling in the lake, singing him a song/lullaby, and letting Baek sleepover her house even though he was just a stranger then. Knowing that this would definitely sound crazy, ridiculous and a bit dangerous if it wasn't Baekhyun. AND that it would be awesome teasing material for anyone to use because they sound like some "destiny bound friends that God set up or whatever."

Chanyeol & Baek's pizza arrives and they dive right in. But Baek is slight distracted from completely enjoying the pizza that Chanyeol was totally raving about, which he admits is actually really good, because Henry's actions towards Amber. 

"Here~ for my lovely Amber~ <3 <3" Henry says in a lovey dicey voice with a kissy face trying to feed Amber a slice of pizza. 

"No! Ew! I can eat by myself!" Amber pushes Henry's kissy gave away but Henry continued to try with the drinks and the chicken wings. Trying his hardest to get Amber to give in.

 

Can't you see that she doesn't like it? Why we you forcing her? Let Amber be!

 

Baekhyun doesn't understand why he's feeling so frustrated and uncomfortable seeing Henry doing these actions to Amber. Maybe it's cuz Amber doesn't feel comfortable so he isn't comfortable either. Baek tried to shrug it often and continue eating his delicious pizza.

After the 4 of them have stuff themselves full with the pizzas they all head back to the music store. 

Chanyeol, Henry & Amber talk about composing music togehter while Baekhyun is lost in his thoughts a bit. Even though Baek helped the students today with the piano lessons, he still manages to feel a bit melancholic looking at the piano again. 

 

The piano how long has it's been since i played it for fun? I meet Taeyeon at that piano recital. She had watched my performance and said it was the best one even though I won none of the rewards. She had such a charming smile I couldn't help falling in love with her at first sight. And then when she asked me to accompany her in a vocals competition I couldn't help but dumbfoundedly say Yes. I didn't even know she wanted me to sing with her in the competition. I was so nervous but then she told me that my voice was so beautiful when she heard me singing while playing the pianos one day at the same place the piano recital was taken place. I fell even more in love with her because of that. Now, I don't even know if I can play the piano without remembering the memories with Taeyeon, without crying from the pain she caused me. Will I ever be able to play it again for myself? For fun? For pure enjoyment? 

 

"Why don't you play?" Amber asks in a gentle voice.

Baek looks up at her, not realizing that he was tearing up while looking at the piano with a sad expression. 

"N-no. I'm good." Baekhyun says turning away while rubbing away the tears threatening to fall down. 

"Are you sure? Putting emotions into songs really makes you feel better." Amber says resting a hand on Baek's shoulder with a comforting smile. 

Baek looks up at Amber once again and looks back at the piano. Baek sits down at the piano and starts to play.

Remember geudaega himdeul ttaemyeon hangsang
Remember, when things were hard
Nunmureul useumgwa bakkwotjyo
I always turned your tears into smiles
Na eomneun goseseon uljimayo don’t cry
Don’t cry in places without me, don’t cry
Nunmuri manteon geudaeraseo oh
Because you always had a lot of tears


It’s my turn to cry naega halgeyo
it’s my turn to cry, I’ll cry now

Whoa oh~

It’s my turn to cry naege matgyeoyo
It’s my turn to cry, give them to me
Geu nunmulkkaji~~
Even those tears

This time.

Baekhyun finishes singing with tears streaming down his face and Amber feels a deep pang in her heart. Feeling the emotions on a deep level, tears start to fall from her face and she rushes to hug Baekhyun tightly. Unknowing to reason why she is actually physically crying, she just rubs comforting circles in Baekhyun's back. Baekhyun just chuckles wiping his tears away finally feeling a weight being lifted off his shoulders. He stays in his place letting Amber cry, to let go of any heavy feelings she's been holding back. For all he knows this friend that's always there to cheer him up might have went through more hardships than he has. He gives a gentle smile and silently continues rub circles in her back.  

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guysss im sorry i've been gone for so long again TT.TT i keep doing this to u guys but I'm just so sorry. I'm not creative enough to make this intresting for u guys. BUT DONT WORRY i will defiantly finish this story i will not make discontinue. i will not forever leave u guys hanging. Anyways i hope you all noticed that the song Baekhyun was singing was "My Turn to Cry" piano solo. i'll link it for u guys so u better check it out: https://youtu.be/lXNFosKPt3w

This chapter was inspired by the following GIFs:

The feeding

The over loveydoveyness from henry that's unapprieciated 

and this video and Henry visiting Amber's house

https://youtu.be/7gNtpjjHPRg