The Heartbreak

Heartbreaks, Encounters, and Confusion over Feelings
Today is the day. A special day for the one I love. I spent weeks planning this out. I hope she'll be over the moon. I hope she accepts! I look at myself in mirror one last time before I leave and head out the door.

 

I text my girlfriend to meet me on the rooftop garden of 'S' hotel.

"Get ready for our special date. There's a surprise waiting for you at 'S' hotel^^."

I've order a hundred roses for the special event today and I had them sent to the rooftop of the hotel for me to pick up later. At the hotel I sign for the roses that I ordered and start setting up the scene that I wanted. A rose petal path leading to a cute white classy bench with a note on it facing a wedding gazebo. I send my last text to my girlfriend and wait for her reply.

"Are you here yet? Hurry up and come to the rooftop because I swear if you come any later you'll regret not coming sooner ㅋㅋㅋㅋ." 

"Okay, okay. I'm already here. I just got in the elevator. I'll be up there in 2 minutes!" 

 

I position myself out of site behind the wedding gazebo and my girlfriend walks out of the elevator. 

 

"Where is he?" Taeyeon walks out of the elevator and heads towards the giant fountain on the floor hoping to see Baekhyun siting by it waiting for her. But suddenly she sees rose petals decorating the floor. "Wow, it's so pretty~. This hotel has a really nice concept." As she walks around the fountain she spots a note labeled 'To Taeyeon'. She picks up the note and it reads, 'Follow the rose petal path to your next clue.'

 

Taeyeon follows the rose petals and ends up at a cute white bench with another note. "Another one?" The note reads 'We have been together for 3 years and we had our fights and differences but I think we are more than a perfect match. You are my other half and I need you more than you think you already know. Will you join me on a great adventure?' Taeyeon laughs lightly and looks around hoping to see her boyfriend. Suddenly music starts and it sounds like Jason Derulo's 'Marry me' 

 

I come out of my hiding spot and sing the song in the center of the gazebo. Dancing lightly and gesturing towards her as I sing the song in full emotion.

 

"A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head

When I think of all the years I wanna be with you
Wake up every morning with you in my bed
That's precisely what I plan to do

And you know one of these days when I get my money right
Buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life
We'll forever be in love, so there ain't no need to rush
But one day, I won't be able to ask you loud enough

I'll say will you marry me
I swear that I will mean it
I'll say will you marry me
Singing (Woah oh woah)
(Woah oh woah)
(Woah oh woah oh oh)

How many girls in the world can make me feel like this?
Baby I don't ever plan to find out
The more I look, the more I find the reasons why
You're the love of my life

You know one of these days when I get my money right
Buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life
We'll forever be in love, so there ain't no need to rush
But one day, I won't be able to ask you loud enough

I'll say will you marry me
I swear that I will mean it
I'll say will you marry me

And if I lost everything
In my heart it means nothing
'Cause I have you, girl I have you
So get right down on bended knee
Nothing else would ever be
Better, better
The day when I say"

I walk towards Taeyeon as I sing the bridge of the song. I bend down on one knee as I sing the last three verses. 

"I'll say will you marry me
I swear that I will mean it

I'll say will you marry me~

I pull out the ring from pocket and say "Taeyeon will you marry me?" 

Taeyeon eyes widen and she's speechless from shock. She blinks rapidly and looks away and looks back biting her lip. ".............No" 

 

No, No ,NO, NO, NO!

 

The smile on Bakehyun's face falls. "What??? What do you mean 'NO'? If you think this is rushed then I understand I ca-- We can wa-"

Taeyeon stands up abruptly, looking worried and walks away from Baekhyun a bit. "Look. I'm sorry Baekhyun but I don't think I can devote the rest of my life to you. I don't think our love is as strong.. as it used to be. It isn't as fun or thrilling as it was when we first started dating. You shower me in so much love that I found out that…. I don't love you as much as you love me. After a while I got bored of our relationship. There wasn't something that made me want to keep coming back to you ever time. Our relationship...fizzled out." 

 

I don't love you as much as you love me. I got bored of our relationship. Our relationship fizzled out. Those three sentences kept replaying in my mind. 

 

"We can fix this! We can work things out!!" Baekhyun exclaims as he walks towards her while tearing up. Reaching out his hand.

"You don't understand. I've fallen out of love with you, Baekhyun!" Taeyeon shakes her head and pushes his hand away from her. As if he's trying to hold onto her to prevent her from leaving him. 

"I've already found someone else." 

Baekhyun raises his head with a shocked expression. "Who??"

"Someone new that I've fallen for." 

"For how long?" Baekhyun says as calmly as he can even though sadness and anger are building up in him

"10 months"

 

10 MONTHS! 10 MONTHS! That's almost a whole year!

 

"Why did you stay with me for so long when you were seeing another guy for all this time?!" 

"Well I couldn't choose between you and Jaehyuk."

"COULDN'T CHOSE?!?!"

"Well Jaehyuk is more of a bad boy and he has a cold exterior but when he's nice to me, he makes my heartthrob. We're in a push & pull relationship but he leaves me wanting more every time. I was falling in love with him BUT I was also still in love with you. You treated me so well, you've bought me stuff and always paid attention to me, you were always so lovey dovey with me all the time it made me still love you."

Baekhyun's frustration contiues to build up inside of him. He takes a deep breath and says:

"Do you still love me?"

".....................I can't say, I don't know."

"YOU don't know? You used to be able to say 'I love you' all the time before. We're all those "I Love You's" just empty words?"

Taeyeon can hear the desteration and frustration in Baekhyun's voice but al she could do was stay silent.

"................"

 "Am I'm not good enough for you? Or was every thing you did for me all an act? Was I just a game for you to play?" 

"NO! It's just because I started to feel like I was putting up an act and wasting energy trying to be completely in love with you" 

 

Wasting energy trying to be completely in love with you. It echoes in my head. 

 

Baekhyun bites his lip, throws his head back and closes his eyes. Feeling so overwhelmed with every emotion possible, he rubs his face.

 

I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I can't believe this.

 

He turns back to Taeyeon. "How could you????" 

"Ba-"

"DON'T." Baekhyun says with a cold stare. 

"We're done." 

After his final words he walks away without looking back at her. 

Later that night, an heart wrenched Baekhyun decides to drink away his problems.

At a 24 hour outdoor barbecue grill, a drunk Baekhyun is complaining very loudly about his recent break up.

"I CANT BELIEVE HUR!"

"I PROPOSED TO HUR!"

"AND SHE FREAKIN CHEATED ON ME!"

"PLAYED ME LIKE A DAM GAME!"

"WHAT KIND OF IS THIS?!?!" 

"Excuse me sir but I think you should leave. Your causing a ruckus and your disturbing the other customers." A handsome waiter says as he taps on Baekhyun's shoulder. 

"IM A CUSTOMER TOO! WHY SSSHOULD I LEAAVE!" Baekhyun retorts back in a slur

An ahjumma takes a broom and threatens to beat Baekhyun if he doesn't leave. 

"YAH! Why are you yelling at him he did nothing wrong?! If you don't leave-"

"WHAT!"

"AIISH! I'm going to f@$%*sjk." The ahjumma swings at Baekhyun with broom. 

"AH! AH! OW!" Baekhyun tries to guard his face from from the crazy ahjumma's hits. 

"Aish! You @$&%#* Take this!" Another swing.

"AaaahhhHHHHH" Baekhyun says as he bearly dodges the ahjumma's hit and runs out of the barbecue grill place while grabbing the leftover bottle of soju. 

Running far away but then falling to his knees from exhaustion. Bystanders just stare and walk around him. "I just survived the attack of the crazy ahjumma. Who knew ahjumma's were so strong?" Baekhyun half heartedly laughs as he gets up slowly. 

-sigh- "I need to get home." Baekhyun starts staggering his way home while continuing to drink from his leftover soju bottle. 

Sooner or later he reaches the park which he has to walk through on the shortcut home. 

 

I can feel something building up in my throat and I quickly run to the nearest trash can. 

 

-hurling/throwing up-

"Uugh. I shouldn't have drank so much" he says as he slumps down, back against the trash can. Unconsciously tears start falling from his face.

 

I was head over heels in love with her.

 

"She's such a but why does my heart have to hurt so much?"

Remembering all the times and moments he had with Taeyeon for that pass 3 years and all the work he did for that girl that he was head over heels in love with.

-crying harder & sobbing-  He curls up into a ball against the trashcan. 

 

Why did this have to happen to me?

 

Baekhyun takes the ring out from his pocket and stares at it. Feeling his eyes going soulless. The full moon is out and the moonlight shines beautifully on the ring. He looks away from the ring and looks out to the scenery in front of him. The pond looks so tranquil in the moonlight. 

Slowly Baekhyun gets up and walks closer to pond and looks down at it. Looking at his reflection in the water and then once again looking out at the scenery in front of him. He walks backwards and grips the ring and runs forward closing his eyes and throws it. But unfortunately he loses his balance.

Then someone catches him.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

NO HATE TO TAEYEON! I do not hate Taeyeon at all. I just made her character in my story a b-- not so pleasent person. How are you likely it?