The First Strike

OPERATION T.R.E.E. (To Rid Every Evil)

 

Jonghyun and the Calendar Girls reached the T.R.E.E. Headquarters by their jet black limousine that for some reason managed to fit all 13 of them in. There were nearly  no people in the Headquarters but Yunho and Max, who were taking care of some late night business, were still in the vicinity. Yunho was typing while Max was computing. The other agents were also busy with their late night jobs monitoring and tracking down, helping their bosses in their work. 
 
“There are still some people in there. Dammit!” Jonghyun cursed. A sly smirk came on his face when he remembered that he had a little bottle in his pocket. He pulled it out and showed it to the Calendar Girls who were ever silent and just did whatever he said and followed whatever he did.
 
“Silencer Oil.” he smiled. “Rub it on and no one will hear you move.” Jonghyun rubbed some oil on his hands and feet and told the Calendar Girls to rub some on their hands and feet as well. When their hands and feet were coated with the Silencer Oil, they stealthily made their way through to unlocked metal doors. Their steps were silent and so were they but their movements were quick as a fox. Jonghyun reached the point that was near Yunho and Max’s office. He leaned on the wall and listened in on their conversation.
 
“Track down some evil activity, Max. We need to give the girls something to work on so they could flex their action muscles.” Yunho said. Jonghyun looked at the Calendar Girls and said,
 
“Screw holding this place hostage. We’re gonna kill their leaders and terrorize Seoul City. Plan number 1, about to take effect!” Jonghyun said. Big mistake, though. Jonghyun’s voice was slightly loud and the room wasn’t soundproof. Max and Yunho overheard him and knew immediately that there was an intruder. 
 
“What the-” Max and Yunho stood up. Jonghyun heard this and urged Nana January and Woori September to take out their stun guns. 
 
“NOW!” Max and Yunho stepped out of their room and automatically, Nana January and Woori September used the stun guns on their necks, knocking them unconscious.  The girls lifted the guys, six girls per guy and hurriedly exited the office. Jonghyun left last.
 
The few agents who were working heard the commotion and hurriedly dropped their tasks to check it out. Sensing that their bosses were in trouble, they leapt into action and took out their guns. Jonghyun and his concubines were faced by armed and ready agents but they weren’t willing to go down without a fight. Jonghyun snapped his finger and the Calendar Girls dropped Max and Yunho’s unconscious bodies and whipped out unique torture weapons never before seen. Intimidated but not about to quit, the agents charged at the Calendar Girls with their weapons and a great shoot-and-stab out occurred. All were injured, one died. Jonghyun and the Calendar Girls escaped with the bodies of Max and Yunho. 
 
At the lair, the Calendar Girls tied Max and Yunho to the ceiling upside down. Max and Yunho were still unconscious and to keep them this way, Nana January made them inhale a certain perfume that would prolong their unconsciousness. 6 girls with their torture weapons, namely a chain, a spike ball, a whip, a barbed wire, a thorned bat, and a metal arrow tortured the two agents. 6 girls stayed by Jonghyun’s side and helped him pursue his evil plans. 
 
“Our first target, Busan City.” Jonghyun smirked. He picked his radio up and called his secret forces that were hiding somewhere deep in Busan City.
 
“Attack the city.” he said with an evil voice. “Right now.” 
 
-ooo-
 
Most of the agents that were in the headquarters were injured and had a hard time recuperating. One agent, however, had enough strength to get up and inform the sub-head about the incident.
 
Onew was at home, resting and sleeping like a baby when a phone call came in. It woke him up and he picked the phone up, hoping that this was something important.
 
“Hello?” answered a groggy Onew.
 
“Onew, this is Agent Jay Park. Listen, the city’s greatest enemy has returned. Jonghyun and the Calendar Girls. They came to the headquarters and kidnapped the Bosses.” Onew nearly dropped the phone at this news. His drowsiness disappeared and his adrenaline rushed. He felt the need to get dressed and run all the way from his house to the Headquarters just to check on them.
 
“What the ? What is this ?!?!” Onew screamed, paranoid and scared.
 
“They came here and wrecked havoc. You should see for yourself. One agent died, Onew.” That did it. Without saying goodbye, Onew hung up, got out of bed and got dressed. This was something he just couldn’t dismiss. 
 
Onew got into his car and drove like crazy with bloodshot eyes and a deranged, crazed, angered expression on his face. There was a risk of overspeeding but Onew threw all caution to the wind. The Headquarters was in danger and without their bosses, he knew he was the new head.
 
He managed to arrive on time and when he did, as soon as he parked his car carelessly and rushed out of his BMW, Jay Park ran to him and showed him the damage. Sure enough a lot of them were injured and the place was in shambles but this didn’t stop Onew from rushing to their side and aiding to them.
 
“Are you guys alright? . Someone call a paramedic! Quick!” Onew ordered Jay to get the phone and call for an ambulance for most were really hurt. 
 
“Damn. How did this happen?” 
 
“I have no idea, sir. They just came out of nowhere.” Onew rubbed his forehead, obviously perplexed. 
 
“Sir, it could be time to let that new girl group of yours out!” said one agent.
 
“NO!” Onew growled. “This mission is far too dangerous for them to handle. They are inexperienced still. They are rookies. They might not make it.”
 
“They might not.” Jaebom butted in. “But they might still make it if you gave them a chance.” 
 
“This is dangerous, Jaebom. Those girls could get killed. Do you know how brutal Jonghyun is? Do you?”
 
“You seem to be underestimating your own creation. Give them a shot and let’s see what they can do.” Jaebom urged Onew.
 
“You’re just saying this because you like one of the girls.” Onew teased like a high schooler. Jaebom rolled his eyes and rubbed his forehead, though he knew this was true.
 
“It’s not about that!” Jaebom blushed a light shade of red. It was true, he did like Jessica but never for once tried to approach her because of her bratty and icy demeanor. “But you have to give these girls a chance to prove themselves as spies. You can’t just let them stick to those minor jobs. You have to give them a shot. You have to believe in them.” It dawned on Onew that Jaebom was right. Before he could open his mouth, a computer started beeping, signaling that there was commotion. Onew and Jaebom rushed to that computer.
 
“Busan is in danger!” Jaebom said. “Red ripples are coming up here.” Onew looked at the screen and saw a red alert flashing in the form of ripples. He felt perplexed, early in the morning. The screen then shut off and on it appeared Jonghyun. 
 
“Jonghyun?! You again?!” Jaebom questioned. Jonghyun let out a sly smirk.
 
“What the ?!” Onew muttered under his breath.
 
“This country has persecuted my father and me for such a long time. We felt pain under the hands of the citizens. Now it’s my turn to make you feel pain. You see, your leaders are with me and are facing brutal torture and execution for it is forces like them who are responsible for the capture and death of my father. Listen to me, Lee Jin Ki and Park Jae Bom, I heard that you have this new Spice Girls team set to save the world? Well, I would like you to put them to the test. I have minions who are set to destroy the 5 randomly selected cities, namely Busan, Gyeonggi-do, Incheon, Daegu and Seoul. With your girls’ lack of expertise and the surprise that’s about to come to you, I doubt you forces would still have a chance against me. I shall now achieve my revenge.” Jonghyun smirked evilly once more and disappeared from the screen.” Jaebom and Onew were in a daze. 
 
“EVERYONE!” the new leader Onew announced, “TO THE MEETING ROOM!” the few injured agents along with Jaebom followed their temporary leader to the Meeting Room to discuss this. As they all settled down, Onew pulled out his phone and called his secretary Hyunah but he didn’t have to. Walking towards the meeting room was the beautiful right hand woman of Onew’s. Wearing a black blazer and a red dress underneath, Hyunah made her way to the Meeting Room.
 
“I was about to call you.” Onew told her.
 
“I sensed commotion. I felt that something was going on. I tuned in to the news on TV and saw that Busan was about to be invaded and upon learning this, I came as soon  as I could.” Hyunah placed all her things on the table and sat next to Onew. 
 
“Let’s begin this meeting…” Onew arranged the thoughts in his mind and after calming down, he began to speak.
 
[IN THE SPIES’ HOMES]
 
Lee Chae Rin jolted awake at the sound of bombs and screaming. She jumped out of bed and crawled on the floor towards the window. She peered through the window and saw people screaming, people dying, fire, blood, masked men causing terror, guns, basically violence. She covered in fear. 
 
Oh my God! What’s happening here? Last night this place was peaceful but what’s going on here? What’s all this bull? CL frantically thought. Oh God… 
 
Suddenly, her cellphone beeped. 
Jessica was awoken by the sound of her pink cellphone. She picked it up and answered it. 
 
“What? Danger?” she growled. “Right away?” 
 
Nicole was deep into her slumber and thought that nothing could possibly wake her up. 
 
Except the beeping of the phone…
 
Sohee refused to sleep that night and just went on drawing her comic book series. She had been working on this for 3 months and now that she was almost done, it was not a good time to back out. When her phone beeped, she wasn’t that surprised. She was awake, as a matter of fact.
 
Gahee was another non-sleeper. She stayed up all  night watching movies and right now, she was watching what would be her 4th movie in a row when she heard her phone beep. Gahee was the kind of person who would ignore her phone if she was in no mood to talk, no matter how important the call was. Her number one excuse: I fell asleep. 
 
They (except Gahee who was too lazy and tired) picked the phone up and answered Onew’s call. 
 
“Girls, listen carefully. I want all of you to listen to me as I say this. Reserve all questions later. Busan city is under attack. Jonghyun and the Calendar Girls, the most notorious criminals in Korea, have begun their reign. They have kidnapped Max and Yunho and are planning to terrorize and take over the entire country! Girls, you are our only hope! Your chaperones are on the way.” Onew disappeared from the line. Only Gahee missed this call. 
 
No sooner than later, the chaperones arrived at their houses. CL, Jessica, Nicole, and Sohee were prepared as they had anticipated this but Gahee was taken by surprise. She saw the Porsche parked right outside of her house.
 
“What are you doing here?” Gahee asked as she opened the door.
 
“Didn’t you receive Onew’s call?”
 
“Oh .” It dawned on Gahee that that call was really important and she should’ve answered it. Still in her pajamas, Gahee told the chaperone to wait as she would get dressed. 
 
 
All the girls except for Gahee arrived at the headquarters on time. Onew saw them running towards the meeting room and told the guard to open the doors for them. Perplexed yet sleepy, the girls reported for duty. Pretty soon, Onew saw Gahee running towards the door and though he was disappointed that she didn’t answer the phone, he let her in.
 
“Onew, Busan is in danger! The attack has started!” CL cried. “It wasn’t your call that woke me up. It was the chaos in my town.” 
 
“Busan is under attack, ladies. Jonghyun and the Calendar Girls have begun their evil mission.” Jessica arched her eyebrow.
 
“Jonghyun and the Calendar Girls? Who are they?” 
 
“They’re criminals, Jessica.”
 
“I’ve  not heard of them before. But I do know someone named Jonghyun.”
 
“There are so many Jonghyuns here.” Sohee told her. Jessica smiled sarcastically at the little genius. 
 
“Anyways, he knew about you girls and he wanted to put your abilities to the test-”
 
“Wait.” CL cut him off. “You said something about Max and Yunho.”
 
“Max and Yunho have been kidnapped.” Onew said regretfully. “They are in the brutal, puny hands of the Calendar Girls.”
 
“Go on with what you were about to say. Sorry for cutting you off.” CL apologized.
 
“As I was saying, Jonghyun knew about you girls and he challenged you. He said that he would terrorize 5 cities in Korea. He hired his minions to take care of those cities and start the road to domination. With every failure to accomplish a mission would result to a brutal torture and finally execution of our two Bosses. We have to save their lives and the lives of many, girls.”
 
“So basically what you’re trying to say is,” Nicole tried to clear everything as it was all so confusing to her. “Jonghyun challenged us to beat his minions but with every loss comes a torture that’s harsher than the previous for Max and Yunho, ultimately resulting in their death?”
 
 
“You are absolutely correct. So if you don’t mind, ladies, follow me to the Mission Briefing Room.” The five girls trailed behind Onew and his lovely assistant Hyunah to the said room where the gadgets were. 
 
“I have given you your gadgets but for this mission, you’re gonna need more than what you already have.” Onew told Hyunah to lay out the needed artillery for the accomplishment of this task.
 
“Traveling is important, just as important as time. The chaperones can’t always drive you around. You girls have to learn how to rely on yourselves. Which is why we have developed these rings for your convenience. These are teleport rings. All you have to do is tell them where you want to go, the exact location, and it can teleport you there in no time!” Onew laid out the rings before them.
 
“We have made rings according to your personalities and positions. Please do check yours out here.” Hyunah said. The girls looked for their corresponding rings. 
 
CL’s ring was a globe ring, suggesting that she was in control, being the Leader. 
 
Sohee’s ring was a book ring because of her bookishness as well as her position as the Brains.
 
Jessica’s ring was a ribbon, symbolizing girliness and her position as the Beauty.
 
Gahee’s ring was a boxing glove, suggesting her position as the Brawn.
 
Last but not least, Nicole’s ring was a camera, suggesting her position as the Source. 
 
The girls all received their rings and wore them, marvelling at the beauty of the deisgn. Jessica in particular loved hers as she had an affinity for ribbons, especially those with polka dot patterns. Onew ordered Hyunah to get the weapons that were in the compartment.
 
“Here are your weapons: the usual pistols and samurai swords.” Onew presented it to them. “Each girl should have her own pistol for protection.” The girls took their gadgets. 
 
“I believe I have distributed your other items. Now all that’s left is your costumes.” said Hyunah.  The girls looked at one another. Costumes? They had costumes? 
 
“We have costumes?” Sohee asked. Hyunah nodded and directed them to the costume room. 
“I bet these costumes are those tight-fitting black spandex things most spies wear.” Jessica grunted. Hyunah looked at her and smiled.
 
“I’m afraid not, my dear.” she showed them the Costume Room and presented their costumes. The girls’ jaws hung open. The costumes didn’t look like the costumes they had in their minds. They were far different, more comfortable and definitely more fashionable! Of course they were fashionable, Jessica approved of them.
 
“You have really good costumes. I didn’t think they were costumes at first. They look like normal, ordinary clothes. They’re very fashionable, too!” Jessica commented. The other girls agreed with Jessica. The costumes were contained in glass tubes, displayed on a mannequin. The tubes had their names imprinted at the bottom so they would know what costumes were for them. 
 
CL’s costume was a black leather jacket that was cropped a few inches above the belly button, tight fitting leather pants and high-heeled boots. CL looked at her costume and smiled but was a bit afraid because of the short top.
 
“Ji Young might get mad at me.” Nicole overheard her and said,
 
“It’s just for the mission. Sides, it’s not that skimpy.” 
 
“Oh well. I hope so.” CL smiled simply.
 
 
Sohee’s costume was very cute and childish, not to mention reminiscent of cosplay. It was a school girl outfit that had a black jacket, a white polo with a necktie inside and a red, pleated, checkered skirt. She also had black knee high socks and black Chucks.
 
“WOAH! HOW DID YOU GUYS KNOW THAT I LIKE THIS COMBO?!?!” Sohee squealed with delight. CL and Jessica laughed at her kiddiness. 
 
“We have your profiles, remember? We tracked you down and trained you.” Hyunah replied. She pat Sohee’s head and giggled.
 
Gahee’s costume was simple yet chic and classy. It composed of a black blazer with a white shirt inside, matched with black slacks and black pumps. Gahee would be the epitome of a classy, old-school spy.
 
“Well, hopefully I can move in that.” she joked. 
 
“Sure you can.” Jessica said. “You’ll be in pants not in a skirt. You’ll be able to move.” Gahee was surprised that Jessica talked to her whereas in the past, they were really awkward with each other. She wanted to answer her but not being that kidn of person, Gahee just nodded and smiled awkwardly back. Jessica smiled at her though she didn’t look at her. 
 
Well that was a way to break the ice. Gahee thought.
 
Sure you’ll be able to move, just be sure not to stretch your outfit too much, Goliath! Jessica mocked in her head. 
 
It was Jessica’s turn to check her outfit out. It was the only one that didn’t have a shade of black. Jessica had this habit of wanting to stand out and since the agency knew that, they decided to create an outfit that had no shade of black whatsoever. Jessica’s outfit was a white and purple top which extended just below her s, revealing a bit of her belly and a purple frilled, layered skirt. Her shoes were brown wedges that were suitable for kicking and inflicting pain. Gahee rolled her eyes at Jessica’s desire to stand out but deep down inside, she was jealous. 
 
“You guys know fashion! Who selected this?” 
 
“I did, of course.” Hyunah said, pursing her small lips and lowering her eyelids. Jessica fell in love with Hyunah’s face. “Onew couldn’t have possibly picked them!” Jessica giggled at her joke. 
 
Nicole found her outfit to be too pretty! She was to wear a black blazer and black leggings matched with black high-heeled boots. To complete the spy look as well as to add a little bit of mystery to her style, the outfit came with a fedora. 
 
“Alright, now that you girls have your gadgets, weapons, and costumes, are you ready for your first mission?” Hyunah asked. The girls lined up and looked at one another, nodding in affirmation with determined, spunky looks on their faces.
 
“We’re ready.” spoke the leader. Hyunah raised an eyebrow.
 
“Get ready then!” Hyunah pressed the control that lifted the glass casing and revealed their costumes. The girls reached for them and changed their clothes in the dressing room. It didn’t take them long to get dressed, well maybe except for Jessica who totally fixed herself but once she was done, she joined the girls in assembling before their boss.
 
CL walked with class; Sohee walked with intelligence; Gahee walked with swag; Nicole walked with determination; Jessica walked with hotness. And this caused Jaebom to stare. 
 
“Wow. She is so pretty.” he said to himself, pertaining to Jessica who was in Daisy Dukes and heels. Jessica’s big, flyaway, Farrah Fawcett hair bounced, exuding appeal with every step she took. Soon, the girls were in V-formation before Onew. 
 
“You ladies look lovely! I am greatly impressed!” Onew said. “Now, for your first mission, you shall be heading to Busan city, CL’s hometown where a huge commotion is taking place. What you have to do is fight off crime in this city, get rid of the culprits, kill them if you must and travel to your next destination. Throughout this challenge, we shall be keeping in touch with you through the screen in your car.” Onew said. The girls’ eyes widened.
 
“We have a car?” asked Nicole. Onew stood up and led them to the special parking lot where only the beautiful cars parked.
 
“Why yes.” Onew showed them their car. It was a lavender Cadillac complete with satellites, rocket boosts, sound systems, and a cocktail bar for their enjoyment. Jessica could’ve sworn she had died and gone to heaven.
 
“This is the perfect car! Oh my God!” Jessica squealed and ran to the car. She spread her arms and embraced it. Sohee followed soonafter. Gahee just rolled her eyes and shook her head. 
 
“This car has a video chat system where I will be keeping in touch with you. Also, keep your phones on, I will call you from time to time.” Onew advised. The girls stood by their car, waiting for more words from their Boss before leaving. 
 
“Girls, this mission that you are about to undergo is perilous. People have told me time and time again to give you this chance and I still did though I refused to at first. I don’t want you girls to get hurt, disappear, or worse, die. You are my creation. This group is my brainchild. I don’t want this to fall into shambles.” Onew emotionally said. “I want you girls to stay safe. The fate of Max and Yunho’s lives are in your hands.” CL stepped forward, being the leader, and spoke to Onew.
 
“Sir, we promise to do all we can to ensure the safe return of Yunho and Max. We will fight for them, sir.” CL swore. The other girls nodded. Onew felt a bit convinced though a part of him was still afraid.
 
“Okay. I trust in you.” he smiled. CL bowed before him, urging the other girls to do so. Onew and Hyunah felt touched. The girls looked up and gave him a reassuring smile.
 
“Don’t you worry, boss.” Sohee said. “We’ve got this.”
 
“Yeah! We’re the T.R.E.E. team!”
 
“Actually, your group has a name.” Onew said. 
 
“What is it?” they asked in chorus.
“Operation T.R.E.E.” Onew smiled. “To Rid Every Evil.” 
 
“Sounds legit to me.” CL smiled. 
 
This is where their mission begins.