Bring the Girls In!

OPERATION T.R.E.E. (To Rid Every Evil)

The chaperones were such good drivers that though they came from different parts of Korea with different ladies, they managed to arrive at the Headquarters in Seoul at the same time. Onew knew that they had arrived because of the trackers enabled in their cars. All at the same time, the chaperones parked in their designated parking spaces and stepped down, bringing their assigned girls with them. For the first time, the five girls with different personalities from different parts of the country saw one another and since they were girls, there was a lot of staring down, judging and possibly fake smiling going on.

 “Boss, they’re here.” Onew told U-Know and Max who were in their office talking about strategies to curb terrorism. U-Know and Max felt slightly disturbed by Onew but stood up to greet the ladies. The duo walked out of their office and made their way to the lobby where the chaperones stood with their respective lady. Max and U-Know showed up and the chaperones quickly left, leaving the five girls standing with an awkward space. Max and U-Know showed up before them and greeted them.

 “Welcome to T.R.E.E Headquarters, young ladies. We are glad that you have accepted the invitation to join us in the war against evil.” U-Know said.

 “It is good that young girls like you actually take part in this. Good awareness program.” Max added. They noticed that the girls were obviously just forced so they hoped that their lively voices and “hip” personalities would get them in the mood. Only two were interested: CL, who only did this out of respect for the speaker; and Sohee who actually had a penchant for adventure. The three other girls just had their heads in the clouds.

“Alright then, let us show them around, Max.” U-Know said.

“I want them to meet their sub-boss first.” Gahee raised her eyebrow, confused with what they were saying. Sub-boss? Does this mean that they’re going to be taking orders from 3 people?

“Their sub-boss must be the lady that spoke to us in the video.” Nicole told Jessica. Jessica looked at her and gave her her signature “ice princess” stare.

“I guess.” she answered not bothering to look at Nicole a second time. The girls followed U-Know and Max to Onew’s office where they led them. The whole time, the girls were so awkward with one another that when they were brought together, they didn’t even bother to say hi or greet one another.


As college girls, you could expect a lot of judgemental and not-so-good vibes going on. Their mannerisms were becoming increasingly obvious. Jessica kept on staring at Sohee who looked very childish and dressed very poorly. As said, Jessica considered not dressing properly as a crime and seeing that Sohee, whom she assumed was a college student, was dressed like a 7 year old; she just had to give her that stare which said “I don’t like the way you dress”.

Gahee on the other hand just kept on eyeing Jessica. Jessica had mannerisms such as frequent hair touching, frequent nail checking, wandering eyes and facial expressions that come out of nowhere. Gahee found this act to be ditsy, thus causing her to make judgements. Gahee didn’t want to become like the kids in her school but Jessica’s actions were just so hard to miss.

Good thing, though. CL and Nicole instantly had good vibes with each other. CL and Nicole often glanced at each other and shared a friendly smile. Nicole knew that CL was a kind person and responsible as well. CL also deemed that Nicole was friendly. As for Sohee, she just felt lost. She thought that these girls were prissy girls who knew nothing but fashion, fashion, fashion and boys, boys, boys. Nobody here cared about what happened to the South Korean war.

“Welcome!” Onew greeted them with pure joy as they neared his office. Gahee glinted her eyes at him and Jessica moved her jaw, a sign that she was bored and annoyed. CL and Nicole walked together while Jessica and Sohee were stuck side by side. Gahee preferred to go alone as she was totally not feeling these people…yet.

“Good day to you sir.” CL bowed as a sign of respect for her elder. Onew’s heart warmed and he was touched to see that there were still some respectful teenagers nowadays. He bowed back at her, honoring her high regard.

“Good day to you, too.” Onew said. “Have a seat, ladies.” He invited the girls to sit on the sofa across his table. Hyunah came out with a tray of cookies and juice to serve to them.

“She’s the girl from the video.” CL whispered to Nicole.

“I know.” Nicole said. “She’s really pretty.”

“I like her dress.” CL commented. The two girls looked at each other with smiles on their faces. They instantly found their first friends.

Jessica was really awkward around them and didn’t know where to place herself. She didn’t like Gahee at first because she caught Gahee staring at her in a mean way so she just positioned herself next to Sohee. Sohee pouted and fixed her glasses, looking at Jessica then looking away. Jessica saw her and rolled her eyes in a not-so-obvious manner. Gahee sat next to Sohee and looked at Onew with a pokerface. The girls gladly received their snacks, though.

“Now, you girls might be wondering what you’re doing here. Out of all the people in the world, why you? Am I right? Well it’s like this. I personally tracked you girls down. It sounds creepy and all but that’s everyday life here in T.R.E.E. Headquarters. I was looking for an ideal spy but I thought, why not make a dream team? As they said, more heads are better than one!”

Dream Team my ! There is no way I’m putting up with this girl. Jessica thought, glancing at Gahee who was facing Onew, pretending to be attentively listening.

“As you know, there have been several terrorist attacks in 3 different cities in Korea. Bombings, chaos, deaths. We do not want this to go on, nobody does! We cannot stop these forces alone, that is why we need you girls. A special force. A combination of 5 different strengths.”

Five different strengths? With these girls? No motherufkcing way! Gahee thought. What she meant was, ‘that girl’. Jessica Jung.

“That is why, welcome to your briefing. Before we send you girls on a mission, we are to brief you first with what to do. I am not gonna do the briefing alone, though. I’m going to bring a very good friend of mine to the stage. I’m sure you know her by now.” Onew looked at Hyunah and ushered her to the front. The y secretary ily walked to the front and faced the girls. Jessica felt jealous of her beautiful features, not to mention her voluptous body.

Those s should be mine. Jessica thought enviously. Hyunah took the stage and talked to them.

“I think before we brief them, we should give them time to get to know one another.” Hyunah smiled, scanning them and noticing the awkwardness that was going on. “We can’t have a team if we don’t know our teammates, right?”

Who told you we’re a team anyways? Jessica thought, shooting another evil glance at Gahee. Gahee caught her glancing and glanced back. Sohee noticed them evilly eyeing each other and sighed hopelessly.

Girl fights. I’m never gonna understand them.

On a friendlier side, CL and Nicole were already getting to know each other.

“I’m Lee Chae Rin. You can call me CL.” she extended her hand for a handshake. The ever friendly Nicole took her hand and shook it, giving a warm grin to her new friend.

“Jung Yong Joo. Call me Nicole.” Nicole shook CL’s hand back. “Why do they call you CL?”

“CL. Like, Chae Lee.”CL explained with a smile. “You have an English name huh. Were you born in the States?”

“Yeah.” Nicole smiled. “California to be exact.” Jessica overheard ‘California’ and whipped around.

“Oh my God! A fellow Cali girl!” Jessica squealed with her Barbie doll voice. Nicole looked at her and was in awe of her beauty.

Oh gosh! She’s so picturesque! I’d love to take photos of this girl. I love her dress, her earrings. Oh she’s so pretty!

“You’re a Cali girl, too?”

“San Francisco, baby!” Jessica said with zest. “Jung Soo-Yeon. Call me Jessica.”

“Jessica Jung. Hey Jessica Jung!” Nicole waved her hand in Jessica’s face. Jessica was surprised by her random actions but just laughed it off.

“Hello. Nicole Jung am I right?” she asked. Nicole nodded. “You’re Chae Lee right?”

“Lee Chae Rin. Call me CL.” she smiled at Jessica.

“CL. Alrighty!” Jessica said. The awkwardness was starting to lessen. Now all that was left was Sohee and Gahee. Jessica turned to her left and noticed the folder that Sohee was clutching.

“Nice folder!” Jessica said. Gahee looked at her and shook her head at the sound of her Barbie doll voice.

“Thanks?” Sohee was unsure about how to take Jessica’s comment. She didn’t know if it was an insult or a compliment.

“May I see it?” Sohee handed her folder to Jessica. Jessica opened it and saw Sohee’s comic book-like drawings.

“You draw so well! And you love comics!” Jessica flirtly clasped her hands together.

“Do you like comics?”

“Only if it’s Archie, DC, Marvel, Dark Horse…”

“WOAH!!!!!!” Sohee was blown away. “YOU READ COMICS?!?!”

“Didn’t think I read comics? I love comics, dammit! I have an entire Captain America collection in my room! I read comics more than books!” Jessica said.

“Do you also read Frank Miller comics?”

“Noir comics? Damn right I do! I’m a writer, therefore I need my inspiration.”

“You write?” Sohee said in shock. When she saw Jessica, she didn’t think that a girl looking like her would be so interested in geeky stuff.

“Of course I do. I write and I write a lot!”

“COOL!”

“What’s your name, by the way?” asked Jessica.

“Ahn Sohee. And you?”

“Jessica Jung.” the two girls shook hands and smiled at each other. Jessica erased the wrong judgement of Sohee she had in the beginning.

“Hey if you want we could make some comic books and sell them some time!” Jessica offered. Sohee’s eyes widened even more.

“I’d love that!” And here blossomed the unusual friendship between the pretty girl and the nerd.

Gahee noticed Nicole’s necklace and stood up. Gahee loved accessories as much as Jessica did and when she saw Nicole’s vintage style accessories, she knew she just had to talk to her.

“Hey. I like your necklace.” Gahee said. Nicole heard her and smiled at the taller girl.

“My aunt sells things like this. We sell accessories.” Gahee and Jessica both turned to Nicole with grins on their faces.

“YOU SELL ACCESSORIES?!?” Just imagine the awkwardness that came when Jessica and Gahee realized they spoke and said the same thing at the same time.

“Yeah. I actually have some in my bag but I left it at home. I sell at my school.”

“Where do you study?” asked Gahee, feeling the need to know where Nicole stayed.

“Incheon Women’s University.” Nicole answered. “Believe me I make megabucks with my stuff.”

“When we meet again, if we do meet again, bring your bag. I have to buy your !”

“Woah! Easy there. You don’t even know my name yet.”

“I know you already.” Gahee said.

“Oh really? What’s my name?” Sohee and Jessica overheard this and sang Rihanna’s song.

“OH NANA, WHAT’S MY NAME~” The two girls giggled. CL heard this and laughed along, too. CL and Jessica also glanced at each other and smiled. Jessica waved at her and CL extended the same courtesy. Gahee looked at the two of them and flashed a funny face at Sohee. Just Sohee. When Gahee turned around, Jessica pouted and moved her jaw to the right again, raising an eyebrow with that.

“Please just bring it next time around, okay?”

“Okay.” Nicole said. Nicole turned to Jessica again and noticed how well the outfit complimented her skin color, her body shape and her legs. Nicole smiled to herself.

I really wish I had my camera with me now.

Once the girls were done getting to know each other, Hyunah stepped forward and took charge.

“Alright. Now that you girls are familiar with each other, allow me and Onew to orient you on what you are going to do.” Onew took the stage.

“We can’t just send you on missions. We have to train you girls first by letting you go on minor crime-stopping. Minor-crimes like petty theft, pickpocketing, ual harrassment, and the like. Nothing serious.” Onew said. Nicole felt a wave of nervousness overcome her as she shut her eyes. Jessica felt pretty competent because she was knew a bit of fighting. Sohee and CL were thinking of the exact same thing: a plan. Gahee, on the other hand, just didn’t give a .

“These missions will test your abilities in handling criminals, fighting, strategizing, disguising, going undercover, and working with each other.” Jessica and Nicole smiled at each other as well as Jessica and Sohee. She was pretty confident because she had friends already.

I can imagine Gahee complaining loudly about how she can’t fit into a hole! Giraffe! Jessica jeered in her mind.

I can imagine Jessica screeching about how her nail broke off. Barbie doll! Gahee jeered as well. It was clear that these two fashionistas didn’t like each other.

“These scenarios are just set-ups, though. We’ve hired our men to act as criminals for you to beat up and use your gadgets on.” Onew elaborated. “Through this we can improve your crimefighting tactics and skills.” The girls were asked to stand up.

“Follow me. I’ll show you to your gadgets.” Onew and Hyunah led the girls to the artillery room. Onew allowed Hyunah to walk ahead of him, making the girls interpret it as either being gentlemanly or creating an opportunity to check her out.

If I was a guy, I’d check her out as well! thought CL. The girls trailed after them and headed to the artillery room which was filled with all sorts of gadgets. From the familiar looking ones to the unique looking ones to the gadgets that looked like everyday things. There were some gadgets that resembled necklaces and hairpins which certainly made Jessica’s day. Gahee wanted to have a look at the accessory gadgets but Jessica seemed to be “coincidentally” blocking her way. Jessica made it appear that way but Gahee knew she was doing it on purpose.

Don’t with me or I’ll break your plastic legs, Barbie!

“Alright girls! Welcome to the gadget room! In this room are the gadgets that will aid you in your missions. Though we want you to make good use of them, we do not encourage you to fully rely on them. We still, of course, want to put your physical fighting abilities and strategies to the test. Before we hand your gadgets to you, we are to assign your positions.” Onew explained. He looked at the girls and analzyed their personalities based on what they had read about them on their profiles.

“We have 5 girls. An ideal team as 5 members, each with her own position.” Onew explained. Hyunah stood prettily preparing the necessary gadgets on the table, getting them from the cabinets. Onew walked around while explaining the ‘dream team’.

“The leader.” While walking, Onew eyed each girl, analyzing their facial reactions. CL looked ready, Nicole was nervous, Sohee had a confused face, Jessica seemed to be thinking, Gahee looked passive.

“The brains.”

“The brawn.”

“The beauty.”

“The source.”

Onew stopped in front of them and took one last good look at them before walking behind his table and asked them to come forward. The girls walked forward, not taking their eyes off Onew.

“Lee Chae Rin, please step forward.” CL looked at Nicole with a face that read ‘me?’ and took a deep breath. She walked towards Onew and humbled herself by bowing. Onew really admired her respectfulness.

“You have managed to impress me with your courtesy and respectfulness. You have also shown a high regard as well as understanding with these girls. You have displayed camaraderie and according to your profile, you are taking up Management? That must mean you are good at handling people. I hereby name you, The Leader.” CL was surprised at the position he gave her. Never did she expect something like this.

“Oh my!” she said in delight. “This…this is such an honor!” The four girls smiled and applauded her because they thought she really deserved to be a leader. Out of all the girls, CL was the most neutral and responsible-looking. Although Nicole felt a little bad for not being named the leader, she pushed this to the back of her head and praised CL.

“Here are your special gadgets.” Onew presented the Leader her gadgets.

“Two golden pistols with paralyzing bullets. Won’t provide sudden death but will paralyze a person long enough for you to escape.” he laid down two golden guns. 

“Convertible rollerblades. A simple press of the button here will turn these roller blades wheels into ninja blades sharp enough to cut a person into pieces.” he gave her the rollerblades. The rollerblades were cute, at least for CL. It was black and had pink vine designs with flowers that CL found adorable.

Onew turned to face the girls once more after hadning the gadgets to CL.

“That’s all our gadgets? We only get two?” Gahee whispered to Sohee. Sohee looked at the taller girl and shrugged with a cute look on her face.

“I dunno. But I think they’ll give us more. Those are just for her, as far as I know.” Sohee clutched her folder tightly.

“Ahn Sohee.” Sohee whipped around and looked at Onew with surprised eyes. “Please step forward.” Sohee walked nervously towards their boss and came face to face with him. Her eyes shifted to Hyunah who gave her a pretty smile. Sohee smiled back cutely.

“Based on your profile, you are taking up Architechture in Gyeonggi-do University. Also, according to your other records, you excel in Earth science, art, history, language, algebra, and chemistry. It also says here that you are a Girl Scout and an animal activist. You are therefore The Brains of the group.”

“Brains? What? I ain’t smart!” Sohee complained loudly, not wanting to accept the position of being ‘The Brains’.

“Judging by your drawings and your look, you sure ain’t!” Gahee said. Nicole and CL laughed while Jessica just gave her a mean stare. Sohee pouted and stepped forward for her briefing of gadgets. Onew showed her the things that she would need.

“Right here is a laser pen. This laser pen does more than just provide light when it’s dark. This pen can be used as a blinding weapon and as something to slightly burn an opponent. If turned way up high, it could also be used for cutting.” he laid the pen before the innocent school girl.

“And this right here are x-ray vision contact lens that you can use to scan the place for criminals hiding behind walls. Pretty simple but helpful.” Sohee took these gadgets in her hands and wondered about them.

“The brawn.” Onew spoke up. Jessica was expecting her name to be called but much to her annoyance, another name was called.

“Park Gahee, step forward please.” Jessica’s eyes widened in shock. Gahee? Her rival?


Gahee? Why her? What does she know about fighting? I bet she can’t even pull off a judo kick or shoot a pistol! This is unfair! We’re being judged based on how we look and not what we can do!!! Just because Gahee is basically a building doesn’t mean she’s the brawn.

“How am I the brawn?” Gahee asked, confused. “If anyone here should be ‘the brawn’, I think it should be Jessica.” she said. The last statement shocked Jessica. She didn’t expect her rival to actually refer her to be the brawn of the group. It shocked her, but she still liked the fact that Gahee said that.

Good. It’s high time you acknowledge me, . Jessica thought with a sly grin.

“Gahee, I delegated you as The Brawn because you have strong willpower, you have a strong personality, and you don’t give two pieces of about what other people think about you. You have a tough exterior and you aren’t afraid of anything. You are invincible and you can take down the bad guys.”

“Woah. That’s too much of a compliment. But thank you, sir.” she said.

“And now for your gadgets. I have two very special gadgets here for you. The first are these gloves. These gloves can provide you with superhuman strength, making you punch ten times harder than your normal punch, knocking your opponent down. They’re also very stylish, too by the way.” Onew placed them gently on the table, receiving Gahee’s second specialty gadget from Hyunah.

“This right here is a bungee gun. When pressed, this bungee gun will release a rope that can help you either pull your way up from a deep place or strangle an opponent. However you want to use it, it’s up to you.” Onew handed this to her.

“Jessica Jung. Step forward.” Jessica coldly made her way to Onew’s table, not bothering to look at the other girls. The clacking of her heels suggested confidence, the way she stood suggested importance. The look on her face showed supremacy. Jessica had a very high regard for herself.

“You are without a doubt The Beauty of the group.” Jessica was flattered to hear that she was beautiful and she wasn’t the only one who thought so. Jessica gave him and disgustingly proud smirk, one that Gahee hated and CL found a bit peculiar, considering the fact that she didn’t find Jessica to be very pretty rather, just fashionable.

“Being The Beauty, you have the privilege of using your looks as a distraction. I know you’re a skilled fighter but I think you’re an even more skilled seducer.” Onew raised an eyebrow. Jessica just flipped her hair. Gahee heard this and snickered to herself.


In short, that means you’re a harlot! Gahee grinned to herself. Jessica chewed her tongue like was bubblegum while twirling her hair, typical valley girl actions while waiting for Onew to give her her gadgets.

“These bracelets are grease bracelets. They look very pretty and all but beware! The grease here can be used to make your opponents slip and slide, giving you the upper hand.” Onew explained. “The grease bracelets come in different colors and scents so they can slide in style!” Jessica looked at the bracelets. They were pink and purple in color with cupcake designs hanging from the chains. In these designs was the greasy substance.

“And right here is the perfume mace. This perfume is suited to your taste, your favorite scent, vanilla marshmallow. But this is very dangerous. Not only can it blind your opponent, it can also provide burns and scabs and wounds. The container is shaped like a heart and is pink in color.” Onew smiled and laid the gadgets before Jessica. Jessica took them and smiled. They were very pretty, indeed.

“Last but not the least, Nicole Jung, please step forward.” Nicole nervously walked towards Onew, awaiting her judgement.

“You are The Source. I have seen your talent in photography and I believe that this will make you an efficient evidence gatherer. Because of your undeniable talent, I’ve decided to give you these gadgets.” Onew laid them out before her and introduced the first one.

“This camera will not only take pictures but will also recognize the person, analyze it and send it to us, making capture much easier. You can also use this as your leisure camera, for taking pictures of you and the girls on this mission, memories to be saved by the headquarters, that is.” Onew explained. He handed the camera to Nicole and Nicole couldn’t wait to take pictures with it.

“The other is the Beats. These are earphones that can help you record information by eavesdropping on other’s conversations without being too obvious. It also has a recorder that allows you to save the conversation and it comes with an Electronic Notepad for notetaking.” Nicole received these materials and smiled. They were cool, so she thought.

“And as for your weapons, we shall provide you with guns, bullets, grenades and other weaponry that will be used for self-defense. But before you proceed, allow me to introduce the most powerful gun of all the guns we have here.” Onew snapped his finger and Hyunah automatically handed him a giant gun with a toxic liquid compartment at the back. The girls gazed upon this weapon with wonder, trying to work in their minds how it operates.

“This pretty baby right here is the RayGun 2011. A recent model of its kind, it is 10 times more powerful than an assault rifle and its bullets have a high content of mercury, poisoning whoever is shot by it or at least inhales its smoke. This is effective for killing mobs and groups that have unique powers and abilities. Powers and abilities that you girls might not be able to handle.”

“We each get one?” asked Nicole.

“No. There’s only one of these here and I am holding it before me. Come, have a look but don’t touch.” The girls all stepped forward and tried to touch it but Onew moved it farther away from them.

“I am assigning this to only one person and that is CL.” he handed the huge gun to CL who received it with doe eyes.

“You are The Leader, therefore this responsibility is yours.” Onew said. “Use it wisely.”

“Now that you girls have been briefed,” Hyunah cut Onew off, feeling that his words were too dramatic and he was talking too much. “We are going to send you on your practice missions.” Hyunah looked at them and winked at Sohee whom she found particularly cute. Sohee pouted and felt a bit uneasy.

“Are you ready?” she said with her sultry voice. The girls looked at each other and nodded, hoping that they would be able to work it out with one another.

Hopefully.