Our Time for What?

My Time

"Y....The cl-- Our clocks... The-- But I--" Jessica stammered horribly as she tripped over each syllable that feel from . She wasn't exactly in the best position at the moment-- her clock had just synchronized with Tiffany's-- her best friend's-- and the timing (ironically) couldn't've been worse. Tiffany only stood at the door with a deep blush sitting in her cheeks, thinking about how just moments ago, she had been bouncing around, excitedly awaiting for her soulmate, only to be shown that they were in front of her this whole time. She was spaced out as she absorebed the idea about this crazy scenario, only watching her best friend babble away.

Jessica exhaled heavily and pushed her hair back. She must've stuttered her thoughts away while Tiffany was deep in her thoughts. 

I didn't even properly confess to her yet... Jessica bit her lip and looked at Tiffany's stunned face, Hell, I haven't even sorted out my feelings yet! 

Tiffany stared straight at--- or rather, through-- Jessica. Immediately, Jessica thought, today must be the day. She might as well-- they were basically together now, weren't they? Jessica swallowed and nervously took deep breaths that she desperately tried to hide. She let her fingers lightly trace along her own forearm in an effort to calm herself. Clearing , she tried to speak.

"So.. Fany.. Wh.. What..Do..Ah.." Damnit. Her words still haven't returned.

However, Tiffany's had.

"This must be a mistake, right?"

Ouch. 

An arrow had just shot through Jessica's chest.

"I mean, we're best friends. Maybe something glitched? Or our clocks broke?" Tiffany spoke nonchalantly of the whole situation, not even considering that it may not be a screw-up. Her finger rested on her chin and she furrowed her brows. She began to walk in small circles while thinking. 

The sight of it made Jessica feel as if she shattered into pieces. With a certain sadness in her eyes, Jessica looked up at her best friend. "I've never heard of a screw up with these clocks, Fany." Jessica spoke sullenly now. She watched Tiffany pace in her spot a bit, gathering her words in her head, collecting them in . "...Maybe it's meant to be?"

Tiffany stopped her pacing and looked over at her in surprise. "Do you really believe it could be?"

Jessica inhaled a nervous breath and furrowed her brows. There was a pause before she even had the courage to answer. "I.. yeah? No. Maybe. I don't know." She mentally slapped herself and groaned. Yes. Yes it is meant to be.

Tiffany's eyes lingered on Jessica for a moment longer than usual before she stood at attention and rested her hands on her hips. "Well, whatever it is, we'll figure out why this happened." Tiffany shrugged in... disappointment? Was she disappointed that it was Jessica, and not another good-looking, fine cut man?

Jessica cursed herself. But for the sake of her best friend, her soulmate, she put on a small smile.

"Yeah. We'll figure it out."

"As best friends." Tiffany smiled widely and opened her door wider for Jessica to come back inside. There was no reason for her to leave anymore. Tiffany believed a different soulmate was coming.. but she was mistaken.

Jessica felt herself crumbling away by the second. How could Tiffany be so calm about this? She'd accept this so easily if it were another person-- what was wrong with Jessica?

But Jessica nodded and smiled back. "As best friends."

"Ahh.. excuse me?"

The intense one-sided issue was interrupted by a shaky voice behind the girls. They turned their heads to see a boy holding a box in his hand, standing awkwardly a little ways behind. He gestured shyly towards the two girls at the door. "Ehh.. your pepperoni pizza?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(16.03.06) Hello everyone, I am alive!