Now's Not the Time

My Time

It was hard. Really hard. Jessica and Tiffany went on with their normal lives, speaking as best friends, hanging out as best friends, laughing as best friends... And Jessica hated it. How could it be so normal? If only she could have said something, more than her stutters, to have Tiffany believe that it wasn't just a fluke. Jessica had gone back to wearing her cloth around her wrist, which she noticed Tiffany always snuck glances at. Tiffany actually decided to cover hers too.. cloth over her wrist, just as Jessica had it. 

It hurt Jessica when she was with friends and heard them urging Tiffany on about why she just now began to hide her clock. "What's the deal, Fany? You shy to show when you'll fall in love, suddenly?" To which Tiffany would reply, "Ahh, no! Haha, I'm just.. y'know."

"Embarrassed." Jessica would mumble to herself and continue on her way.

It probably didn't help much that the two were practically glued to each other in each of their classes. Jessica's eyes stuck to Tiffany for most of the time while Tiffany attempted to focus on her work, with the occassional teasing face she gave back. With a heavy sigh, Jessica would peel her eyes away from her world and space out into her chair. The entire situation bothered Jessica in a whole different way than it did Tiffany. 

Jessica tried to think of ways to bring up the subject so that they could at least talk about it, but whenever she looked into those brown eyes of hers, Jessica lost her words and felt bad for wanting to put her in such a stressful position. Jessica had even come to a conclusion-- she'd rather fume over it by herself than cause unwanted drama between the one she cared for most.

Even when they were together, it seemed like Tiffany wasn't fazed by their synchronization. She still behaved the way she did before around Jessica, only, she couldn't stop thinking about the damn clock. It didn't bother her that it happened; it just bothered her that it was Jessica. 

And really, there's nothing wrong with Jessica. She's beautiful, she's smart, she's hardworking (to say the least), and above all, once you get to know her, she's the most caring person you'd ever met. But.. she was her best friend, and more importantly, she was a she. And how could Tiffany possibly accept this twist of fate that had been thrown at her? 

Tiffany wasn't ready to accept this new lifestyle, this new relationship. Now isn't the time.