chap. 2

RUDE

Kris left without putting up a fight. Suho, Lay, Sehun and Tao watched from the window as Kris drives his car away from the house without even hesitating. Tao felt his phone vibrate a few minutes ago, he knows it was from his fiancé. So, while his parents plus Sehun was busy watching Kris he reads the message.

 

While reading it, he felt himself smiling at it. His boyfriend is such a sweet patoot, no wonder he fell for him. They're so alike. Emitting a manly aura outside but really, nothing but a sweet sweet sugar on the inside. He replied to the message, he likes Kris' sense. Maybe that's why his students keeps on falling in love with him. Not that Tao is jealous, he got used to it eventually. He knows Kris' heart belongs to him and only him so he stopped feeling so insecure and jealous.

 

---

To: My Beloved Dragon

Subject: Dear the real Romeo in this relationship

.. .I will be here waiting for you to return tomorrow my love. Do not worry for I will try my very best to persuade my Papa (the antagonist one) to accept us and give us his blessing. Please think about me tonight for I am to do the same while I'm watching the stars. 

P.S. I DON'T EVEN LIKE SEHUN SO REST ASSURED. THE STRANDS OF MY HAIR FROM HEAD TO TOE WILL NEVER GET TOUCHED. I WILL KEEP IT SAFE. I LOVE YOU JEALOUS TO THE BONES BUT THE PUNISHMENT IS NOT REALLY RIGHT AT THE MOMENT.

 

I love you too Yifan,

Your Juliette Romeo, ZiTao.

---

 

"He left you here ZiTao. He did not even try to put up a fight to get you back." Suho said while watching the car that can still be seen from afar. Tao sighs as he sends the message then put the Mobile phone back to his pocket.

 

"If it was me I wouldn't try to pick a fight too papamyeon." Tao said. Suho turned to him with a frown.

 

"What did you say?" Suho asked his son.

 

"You have 3 body builder taller than him body guards papamyeon. He only took a week leave at his work. He cannot really return to work with a battered up & swollen face, broken bones while riding a wheelchair now can he." Tao answered.

 

"Are you defending him?" Suho asked.

 

"Yes. I am." Tao answered then he sighs. "PapaMyeon, he's a professor. He's dependable and he can support me. He doesn't love me for our wealth, he's rich too just like us." 

 

"As rich as us?" Suho asked.

 

"Well, let's be real here.. ." Tao almost rolled his eyes. ".. .might not be as rich as us but still. ...rich." Tao reasoned.

 

"ZiTao! Can you hear yourself? Can you hear what you're saying? He's a guy."

 

"You and papaxing are both guys too. Are you telling me that it was okay for you guys but not for me??" Tao exploded.

 

"It's not like that!" Suho shouts. 

 

Yixing suddenly came between them and then, they both received a smack on the back of their heads. Oh, Tao got to admit, he missed that smacking. That's how usually his PapaXing let's out a frustration. His kind papa is frowning as he cross his arms while pouting at them. Oh no, they're weak at that  look.

 

"You shouldn't shout at each other! Calm down and let's talk properly! Calmly!" his kind papa said with a calm tone but in an angry expression.

 

"I'm sorry PapaXing." Tao apologized first. Suho sighs in defeat. 

 

"Let's go to my study room and have a talk." the strict papa said.

 

The 3 of them went to the study room. Sehun excused himself, saying he doesn't want to intrude into their family talk. Tao was quiet on the way, his PapaMyeon and PapaXing are walking side by side with each other first. He was thankful enough that his PapaXing is such an angel, maybe he'll ask him for a help later when nothing of Kris' plans worked out.

 

They arrived at the Study Room. Suho opened the door and held it open so Yixing can enter. When it was Tao's turn to enter, the strict papa let it go. Tao pouts at the treatment. It's been so long since he had a fight with his papa but still, the old man's small revenges are still the same.

 

"Rude much?" Tao whispers as he enter the study room with a pout. Suho and Yixing are already sitting when he entered. He stomped his feet like a little kid to his way to them. 

 

"Sit." Yixing ordered so he does. "Now. ZiTao, we are surprised. This is all too sudden. It's been so long since you contacted us and now you came back, and this?" 

 

"Uhm~? PapaXing? In case you forgot, I call 2 times every week." Tao corrects his papa. He's naturally forgetful, it's a hopeless case.

 

"Oh~ is that so?" Yixing asked. Tao nods. "Still, this is a surprise. Right Suho?" he asked for help. He just asked for help. What an adorable little creature. 

 

"Yes." Suho received. "IT. IS. A. SURPRISE. ZITAO!" his strict papa said,trying to sound calm.

 

"I remember you calling now, but.. .I do not remember you saying something about Kris." Yixing said as he finally remembers.

 

"I do not want to tell you because I know you won't accept him and you'll react like this." Tao answered.

 

"Act like this??? Act like what???" Suho argued.

 

"This! Like it was so wrong that I fell in love with a man. Like I cannot make a decision on my own because I'm still a child even though I'm already old. I am so scared to disappoint you my whole life that's why I hid it." Tao once more, exploded.

 

"ZiTao! You do not understand how hard it is to fall in love with a man. I won't lie to you. Me and your papa Yixing, up until now, we are still judged by the society. I do not want you to experience the same experience we had." Suho said. There's pain in his words, on his face. Tao looked at Yixing and he was the same as Junmyeon.

 

"We know how hard it is PapaMyeon. We've been living together for 3 years now."

 

"3 years???" Suho asked, Tao nods. "You've been lying to us for 3 years?" 

 

"No! Not lying. I never told a lie, I just kept a secret." Tao reasoned. 

 

"Both of you calm the down!" Yixing speaks up. And. ..he cursed. First time. "Suho! You are not to talk until I permit you to! And ZiTao! Answer my questions. Do you both understand??" both nods. Yixing cursed. Suho's angel husband, and ZiTao's angel father cursed. It's bad. They both feel like if they don't do as the good man said then they'll both die, right there and then. "So? ZiTao. Why don't you tell me how you met Kris?" 

 

"I. ..I met him in Korea. When PapaMyeon gave me an early graduation gift. He was there for an audition to become a model." Tao stopped, he answered the question.

 

".. .And?" Yixing asked.

 

". ..and?" Tao asked back, Yixing gestured using his hand to continue talking. ". ..and .. .he helped me because I'm not fluent in Korean and he is. He's fluent in English too." Tao bragged.

 

"oh, now I remembered you changed your hotel the first day. Is it because of him?" Yixing asked.

 

"Yes PapaXing, he told me I shouldn't be alone in a foreign country without knowing the language. He offered to be my tour guide while I'm there. And then.. .when I came back here in China, we started contacting each other. When he came back from Korea too, we started seeing each other." Tao said.

 

"You've been lying to us!" Suho snapped again.

 

"I am not. I told you PapaMyeon, Keeping it a secret is different to lying." Tao argued back.

 

"Guys~~~" Yixing warned. They both stopped talking and sit obediently. "Continue ZiTao."

 

"He was a model for a year but when PapaMyeon made me a principal he was a little insecure so he stopped being a model and applied to become a college professor instead. He was immediately hired as he's smart as me." Tao bragged one more time.

 

"I see, so Kris is a smart guy." Yixing nods to himself. "But keeping it a secret to us is still unacceptable ZiTao. You've been living with someone for 3 years without us knowing. Whenever we're visiting we never really realized that there is someone else in the house." 

 

"whenever you're going to visit, I am asking him to hid his things and get out of the house. It was all my idea papaXing. Ever since Kris became my boyfriend, he's been convincing me to tell you guys. But I'm scared." 

 

"Do you love him?" Yixing asked.

 

"Yes. Of course. If I don't, I wouldn't be here. I love him to the point that I'll die if I'm not with him." Tao answered sincerely.

 

Yixing looked at Suho and gave him a smile. Seems like Tao just got his papaxing's permission. Now the only problem is his papamyeon who won't stop tapping his fingers on his shoulder. He doesn't look convinced at his son's answer too.

 

"Suho, I don't really see why we're against it. They love each other." 

 

"No! They don't. I don't like that Kris guy. He looks like he's someone who would get what he wants then leave after. I will never approve of this ZiTao. NEVER." Suho said then walked out of the room.

 

He didn't even give Tao a chance to convince him. Tao is so so so so sad. He cannot stop himself from crying. If he's going to get married, he wants both of his parents to be there. But now, seeing at how his papa is reacting, seems like, it will never happen. He will never get married, knowing his papa, he's sure the man will do everything to stop it from happening.

 

"PapaXing." Tao called out to his kind papa. He's crying now. Yixing walked to his dear son and hugged him. "I cannot live without Kris. I love him papaxing." he cried to him.

 

"Shh~ don't cry." the kind papa wiped his tears away. "I'll help okay? Don't cry."

 

Tao just cried on his papa's arms until he felt tired. It was already afternoon. He tried leaving the house but the guards said that his PapaMyeon ordered that he is not to leave the house. The lunch has a heavy atmosphere. Even Sehun wasn't able to take it, he ate his food in a gulp and left the dining hall. Tao did the same and followed Sehun. 

 

"HunHun~!" he called out to the younger. Sehun turned around.

 

"OH MY GOD! Suho Hyung is sooooo pissed." he said.

 

"I know. Don't remind me. I want to go home. Can you help me with the guards?" he asked.

 

"Tao, your dad will literally kill me if I help you." 

 

"No he won't. PapaXing won't let it happen so just help me."

 

"You really love that Kris guy so much?" 

 

"Yes. And I won't last a day without him anymore so please. I'm begging you." Tao grabbed the younger's hands and looked at his eyes to prove he's serious. Sehun sighs in defeat.

 

"Please at least attend my funeral with bubble tea. And please tell my Hunnie~ that I love him so much." he said. Tao hopped a little in happiness.

 

"Hey wait~! Who's this Hunnie~??" he suddenly asked.

 

"My one and only love. I'll introduce you later. For now, let's fix your trouble okay??" 

 

"Thank you so much ShiXun~! I love you so much!!" he said then kissed the younger's cheek. 

 

Tao flinched, he cannot believe he kissed Sehun too. It was his instinct, he used to kiss Sehun when they're little. He took a note and plastered it to his whole body and mind to not to let Kris know about that. He witnessed Kris' possessiveness before. He was so jealous to one of Tao's colleague at work. The punishment? Well, not much, Kris just gave him a thousand hickeys all over his body. He's so glad no one noticed, he hid it well.

 

Sehun pulled Tao to his room to tell him the plan. Tao thanked Sehun a thousand times for it. He said he just really cannot bear not to be with his love even for a night. Sehun said he understands because he was like that to Luhan too and they're just dating for a month. What more is 3 years.

 

Sehun came out of the room first followed by Tao. The younger went to the kitchen and made some snacks for the guards. Sandwiches and juice, with sleeping pills on them. He went to the front door and served the food. After 10 minutes or so, the 2 guards on the door is sound asleep. 

 

"You're a genius!" Tao complimented him.

 

"That you but me being a genius will never get discovered anymore because I AM DEAD after this." he faked a shiver to show Tao how he finds the idea, scary.

 

"I told you. PapaXing won't let it happen so relax. I'll go now before they find out." Tao said. Sehun passed him his car keys, he let the older borrow it.

 

"Be careful and make sure you won't scratch my baby." 

 

"I'll call you tonight okay?"

 

"Okay. Be careful!!." Sehun waved good bye at Tao who's already running down the stairs like he was running on a marathon.

 

As soon as Tao gets inside the car, he starts the engine and drives away. He used the gate at the backyard, he knows the guard at the front gate was informed at him to not to leave the house. The backyard gate doesn't have any guards so he's good. He was out of the mansion in no time. He drives safely, he doesn't want to get to an accident because he still wants to get married with Kris.

 

When he arrived at their shared condominium, all the lights are turned off and all the curtains are shut. He didn't inform Kris that he's coming home. He wants to surprise him, he wants to show Kris how much he loves him. He walked silently to their shared bedroom. A sad music was playing in the background.

 

"!!!" Kris suddenly cursed behind him. He turned around surprised too, he thought Kris is in their room.  "ZiTao!???" the older asked surprised.

 

"Hello Romeo." Tao smiled at his lover who is half . Only pants on. "You look hot."

 

"I always look hot." the older commented. "Forget about that. What're doing here? I am so sure that your papa won't let you go home." 

 

"He didn't let me so I escaped." Tao said as he pulls Kris inside their bedroom. "I missed you." he said then hugged the older.

 

"We're together earlier." Kris said as he hugs the younger back.

 

"Yeah, but I still missed you." he hugs him tighter.

 

"how'd you get here? Taxi?" 

 

"No. Sehun lend me his car. He helped me with the guards too." Tao answered. He heard Kris groaned. "Don't worry, Sehun is with someone so I'm safe." 

 

"Good!!" Kris said. "You should've called me. What if something bad happened to you on your way here?"

 

"I'm not a kid!" Tao protested.

 

He broke the hug to let Kris see how offended he is. He pouted, that's just how he usually reacts when he's a little pissed. Kris laughed at him then pinched his nose. Tao fights back by pinching Kris' nose too. They both look like an idiot doing it.

 

"ouch~" Kris said first. They let go of each other then they laughed at how stupidly cute Kris' voice came out. "I never said you're a kid. I just don't want to suddenly lose you." 

 

"You're soooo cheesy." Tao chuckled. "I love you like that." he said then gave the older a kiss on the lips. Just an innocent kiss, just to show Kris that he means what he just said.

 

"I love you too. But first..." Kris reached for his phone. "Contact your parents. I'm sure they're worried."

 

"I don't want to talk to PapaMyeon. He's as stubborn as me." Tao rolled his eyes.

 

"then call your papaxing. We'll both be dead when we came back there tomorrow because you escaped."

 

"We're going back tomorrow?" Tao asked.

 

"Of course. I said there's no such thing as giving up right?" Kris smiled at him.

 

Tao called his parents. Well, actually, he faked the call. He doesn't really want to talk or even hear his parents voice at the moment. Specially his PapaMyeon. He's so done at the way his papa is so against his happiness. He talked to himself over the phone like an idiot just to make Kris feel at ease.

 

After the call, the fake call, Kris starts preparing dinner for the both of them while Tao is busy browsing the internet. He was trying to look for a good place for their future honeymoon. He wants everything to be perfect even if his parents are still not giving their approval.

 

Kris on the other hand was thinking of a way to make Tao's PapaMyeon to say yes. Tao already said before that they don't need his own parents approval but Kris doesn't like it. Marriage is a special occasion and he wants them to be there, he wants them to accept him as their son in law. 

 

He was dazed, he just keeps on staring at the curry that was boiling on the pot. Then he suddenly have a lighbulb moment right there and then. He smiled to himself, he turned off the stove and went to his and Tao's room to tell the younger that the food is ready. When he entered the room, Tao was cutely wagging his feet on the air. Kris snickered, up until now, he still doesn't have any idea how his lover can be so cute despite being a guy.

 

"What are you doing?" he asked Tao as he sit beside him.

 

"Nothing." Tao said then he shut closed the laptop. "You done?" he asked. The older just hummed with a smile.

 

"Let's eat then let's go to the supermarket."

 

"Supermarket? Why?" he asked.

 

"We're going to cook for your parents. You know what they say? The fastest way to a guy is through his stomach." he smirks, Tao did too.

 

"Good idea. PapaMyeon might look like thin but he eats well. PapaXing too. They eat and eat and eat and eat non stop." 

 

"you're like that too." Kris said then he helped his lover up. "Let's eat. I made curry."

 

They ate dinner then after that, they went to the supermarket. They're supposed to get ingredients for pasta and cake but Tao keeps on getting snacks. It's not like Kris can refuse. While they're on it, a colleague from Kris' University suddenly greeted them. Kris starts to converse with the woman. At first, it was fine to Tao but that is until the woman laid her hands on his lovers.

 

He suddenly pulled the cart out of Kris grip then pushed it all over the supermarket. He did the work himself while Kris and the Woman keeps on talking and trailing behind him. Tao finished getting the ingredients. He's really jealous and he doesn't want to see the two behind him. He walked around one more time to lose them. When he's sure he lost them he walked to the counter and paid for everything. He put all the bags on Kris' car then took a taxi to the mall nearby, he turned his phone on silent mode too.

 

"Flirt with the woman all night. . I hate you." Tao pouts as he put his phone back to his bag.

 

He walked around the mall. He bought new bags, belts, shirts, accessories, leather pants, leather jackets, and all the leathers he could laid hands on. Spending money is one of the best ways to release stress and depression for him. He sighs, he spends too much but at least, he forgot about Kris and the woman. The mall is already closing so he called a cab and went home. Not to Kris' and his condo but to his parents house.

 

Kris on the other hand keeps on calling Tao non stop. He knows that the younger was jealous and he would be lying if he said he didn't flirt with the girl on purpose. He wants Tao jealous because it's been too long since he saw him mad at him. Might be twisted but it makes Kris feel that he's loved. Also, he loves cooing the younger, he loves it when he has to do things so his baby will forgive him.

 

Well, it's like that but he was not expecting that Tao will be jealous that much. Probably because he and Minjung is too close. Minjung is 2 years younger than him and she's new to the university, Kris was in charge of making her comfortable. He never told Tao anything about her up until now that he saw her at the supermarket.

 

"Come on!! Answer it!!" Kris grits his teeth while he's on the phone. He's been calling for like a hundred times already but Tao is still not answering.

 

Back to Tao, he arrived at his parents house. Instead of calling his PapaXing and PapaMyeon, he called Sehun who was luckily, just in the garden trying to steal roses so he doesn't have to buy it for his boyfriend Luhan. He's stealing it because Yixing is the one taking care of the garden and his older brother doesn't like it when the flowers are plucked.

 

"What happened? I thought you couldn't live a day without Kris Hyung?" he asked as he helps him with all the paper bags.

 

"Yeah, but right now, I'm jealous."

 

"Jealous? Why? What happened?"

 

"We went to the supermarket to buy ingredients for cake and pasta and then a girl pulled him. A colleague from work. It was fine to me until the laid her hands on him." 

 

"That doesn't sounds like it was his fault?"

 

"Yes. It is his fault. He never stopped the woman. I hate him so much right now." Tao pouts. 

 

Sehun sets all the paper bag on the table that was on the garden. He sighs, Tao is older than him but his personality is making him look like he's younger than him. He eyed the paper bags and starts rummaging. Tao just watched him. When he's done he looked at Tao who's still pouting while looking at the pond.

 

"Let me see your phone." Sehun said.

 

"Why?"

 

"Just give it to me." he said. Tao took out his phone that was vibrating from his pocket. 

 

Kris never stopped calling him at all. Sehun sighed more. Tao is just too stubborn. He respect Kris for bearing it and putting up with his spoiled friend. Luhan did that to him before, didn't answer his calls and he knows the feeling. It was scary and worrying as hell. He felt sympathy for Kris so he answered the call.

 

"Thank God you finally answered. Where are you?" Kris asked. 

 

"I'm not Tao. This is Sehun, the pink haired guy earlier. Don't worry he's safe." Sehun said. Tao's eyes was bigger than an owl when he heard Sehun talking to Kris. "He's here at his parents house. I feel bad for you so I answered your call. He's here beside me." 

 

"Can you give the phone to him?"

 

"He wants to talk to you." Sehun said to Tao. The older shook his head. "He doesn't want to take it." 

 

"Tell him I'll burn his baby if he doesn't take it."

 

"What do you mean, "you'll burn his baby when he doesn't take it???" Sehun quoted out loud.

 

"GIVE ME THAT!" Tao suddenly took the phone from Sehun. "Wu YiFan!! Don't you dare!!!" he said to Kris.

 

"I made you jealous on purpose okay. Don't get angry. MinJung is dad's niece. I was put in charge of her. And .. .you have nothing to worry about because, she's a he." 

 

"She's a guy???"

 

"Yes. His real name is Minho. I'm sorry okay. I just love to see you pouting and I was thinking about a make up tonight. I'm not expecting you'll run away." 

 

"wow. I don't know what to say. How dare you!" Tao stomped his feet. "Now I'm here, how do you expect me to go back home at this hour??? This is so not fair!!! I want to have too!" Sehun snorts in disgust. Kris laughed over the phone and Tao was just relieved.

 

"Since you're already there, just stay put. I'll wake up early tomorrow to cook the peace offering then I'll come early okay?"

 

"Okay. I'm sorry I got jealous." Tao said.

 

"It's okay. I'm sorry too. Rest. The real battle will start tomorrow."

 

"Okay. I love you." 

 

"I love you too and. ..don't talk with Sehun anymore. Go sleep."

 

"Jealous much?" Tao chuckles.

 

"Jealous much. Sleep!" Kris said. Tao ended the call with a smile.

 

"Where's my thank you kiss?" Sehun asked playfully.

 

"Kris ge will kill me if I kiss you." Tao hesitated.

 

"It's not like he'll know. He's not here." Sehun teased. 

 

Tao giggled. Sehun is right. It's not like Kris is there. He wants to thank the younger for what he did. If it wasn't for him who answered Kris' call then he wouldn't know that his own lover was just teasing him. He wouldn't be able to sleep that night because he'll think about it all night. Thanks to Sehun, his eye bags won't get worse.

 

Tao kissed Sehun's cheek. It's been so long since he last kissed the younger, the last one is when the younger graduated on high school. They're best friends so it doesn't really matter to Tao but if Kris finds out, he and Sehun will be dead.