chap. 4

RUDE

It's already been 3 days since Kris started being Suho's slave. Believe it or not, Suho is worse than Cinderella's stepmother + 2 stepsisters. The strict papa is a devil. Of course, Tao can only watch as his PapaMyeon treats his lover so bad. At the past 3 nights, Tao would always go to Kris' room to say sorry and spend the night there. Whenever Kris has the chance too, he would kiss Tao on the lips to tell him it's okay and he's fine. Suho is such an , even Yixing cannot take it.

"Tell me..." Yixing said. "...what's the real reason you're against their relationship?" he asked. "The background check was okay. Kris is a good man and his family is rich here and seriously richer than you in Canada. What's the problem?"

"Can I trust you?" Suho asked.

"Of course you can. You know you can."

"No I don't. You have a soft spot for ZiTao, if I tell you my reason you would immediately run to your son to tell him." Suho said as he sips his tea.

"I promise this time, my lips is sealed." Yixing said as he cutely did an action of zipping his lips.

"Really?"

"Really, really. You can use the toys on me if I'm lying." Suho almost spits his tea. Yixing hates the toys so much, saying it's okay to use it if he's lying is a very tempting offer. Putting it like that, he puts down his tea then looked at his lover who's looking at him innocently.

"You never fail to surprise me." he told him.

"Just tell me already." Yixing pouts.

"Fine, geez." he said then walked to his lover that was sitting on the couch. He sat beside him and cuddled with him. "I accepted Kris a long time ago."

"What...????" Yixing said surprised.

"let me finish." Suho chuckles. Yixing nods to him as he cuddles back waiting to hear more revelations. "I was just testing him. I want to know how far he can go for ZiTao. You see, he's our only son and I don't want anyone beside me to make him cry."

"That's mean." Yixing commented.

"It is. But it's fatherly love."

"So? How long do you want him to be our slave? He lasted for 3 days already. You made him clean the attic which literally took him the whole day and almost one night. You won't let him eat with us. You're being mean by walking on the floor that he already cleaned. You even made him sort your messy library. I feel so bad for him. Also, for Tao. I heard our baby panda crying last night because he feels so sorry for Kris."

"Just a little bit more Xing. We'll see if Kris can take one final blow. If he survives this one, then I'll give my blessing."

After that talk, Suho has been busy for the past few days. He's been calling some people non stop. He's always on the phone. Actually, Kris and Tao feels glad and scared at the same time. Glad because Suho is not paying that much attention to them, meaning, Kris wasn't acting like their slave for 3 days now. Scared because Kris heard his name being mentioned while Suho is calling someone. Yixing was scared too. Scared that his husband might go overboard this time. He wants to tell Kris so bad that Suho is just testing him but he can't. He too wants to know how long Kris will last and how much he will give up for Tao. They just wants the best for their baby panda. He just keeps wishing that Suho will at least consider not bringing down Kris too much.

One night on dinner, as usual, Kris will eat last. Kyungsoo felt bad for him so they've been eating together, Tao too, he's been eating too little at dinner so he can eat with his love later. They're eating like mad mans like usual when Kris' phone rang. He looked at the number, it was his dad. He frowns, his dad NEVER calls him. His mom does but not his dad. He excused himself to the dinner table because he's sure it was important. He's suddenly worried for his mom.

"Dad?" he answered the call.

"Kris. We need you here right now." his dad said.

"Why? What's happening?" he asked. The thumping of his heart was getting louder every passing second. He feels bad about this. So bad.

"Your mom is in the hospital. She fainted earlier today. I want to go there but I need to fix something at the company. Please come home son. We need you more than anything now. I need you, your mother needs you." his father said in a begging tone.

Kris felt a sharp pain on his chest. His dad NEVER begs him like that. And his mother is in the hospital, his sweet sweet and kind mother which he loves so much. His dad said something about the company, something must've gone wrong if he cannot even bring himself to visit his wife who fainted. And maybe that's why his mother fainted in the first place. He's so damn sure that his mother is healthy.

"I'll be there dad." Kris said. "Whatever is happening, please calm down. You won't be able to think anything if you panic."

"I know son. Thank you. Go to your mom immediately and tell me how is she."

"Okay. Talk to you later dad. Bye."

"Bye." With that, the call ended.

Kris hurriedly ran to his room to get his things. He knows he just told his dad not to panic but right now, he's the one panicking. He's so worried for his parents that he might have a heart attack of he doesn't figure out what is happening. When Tao saw how Kris runs to his room, he immediately followed. He asked his lover what's happening and what was wrong but it seems like the older is in the state of panic and he cannot really hear him or even noticed that he's there.

"KRIS!!!" Tao slaps Kris. The older was shocked. "Good Lord!" he said when Kris looks like he's himself again. "I've been calling you but you can't hear me." he hugs his lover.

"I.. .I'm sorry." Kris apologized. He took a deep breath as Tao hugs him tighter.

"What's wrong?" Tao asked again.

"Dad called. Mom is in the hospital and she needs me there. Dad can't go, he said something about the company, something must've gone wrong and I'm so worried for them." Kris explained.

"I get it baby. Come on. Let's go to your mom and see how she is. Don't worry, everything's going to be fine. I'm here with you." Tao pats the older's back for a few times then he lets him go.

"I... .I'll go alone. You should stay here." Kris said.

"What? No. I'll go with you." Tao was ready to argue back but Kris' complexion doesn't look good so he himself took a deep breath as he release all the building up tension or arguments inside him. Now is really not the time.

"I'm not sure what's happening and I don't want to drag you into this. I'll be fine. Stay here. Your parents will get worried too."

"Okay, fine. But.. ..Call me okay. Please. Just inform me." Tao said like a lost puppy.

"I will. I'm sorry Tao." the older said in a guilty tone.

"No. It's okay. Go." he said. Kris nods then he zipped his bag.

Before going, Kris said sorry to Tao again and instead of saying "it's okay" to the older, Tao hugged him and kissed him, told him to be careful and told him he loves him. Kris forced a smile as he said 'I love you too' to Tao. It was suddenly hard for the younger to let his lover go, he feels so bad that the older doesn't want him to get involved with his family.

When Kris is gone, Tao slapped his own face with both of his hands at the same time. He told himself that Kris is just not on his right mind because he's so worried for his mom. He knows how Kris loves his mom. Believe it or not, Kris is a mama's boy and it was one of the things that he loves about him.

"Where's Kris?" Suho asked as he enters the living room where Tao is trying to calm himself down.

"Out. His family has an emergency." he told his papa coldly. He doesn't want to deal with his rude papa right now.

"Oh really, that's fast." Suho commented as he walks away with a grin. Tao frowns, it took him seconds before realizing that something was wrong with his Papa's comment. As soon as he realized, he stood up and followed his Papa Myeon that was walking fast on his way to his study room. Tao swears if his papa has something to do with what was happening with Kris family he won't forgive him.

"Papa Myeon!!!" Tao calls out. He's sure his papa heard him but he didn't stop walking, instead he entered the study room. He follows hurriedly. "Papa Myeon!" he calls out again as he enters the same room.

"Stop shouting." Suho scolds.

"What do you mean earlier??? What do you mean it was fast?" Tao asked impatiently. He crossed his arms, the very first time he showed a bossy attitude in front of his papa.

"Nothing." Suho answered shrugging his sons attitude.

"You know something! What did you do!??" Tao asked ready to explode any moment now. "Are you the reason why Kris-gege's mom is in the hospital!?"

"Hospital?" Suho asked. Shocked. He looks guilty and then confused. "What do you mean hospital?"

"His mom is in the hospital. His dad called him saying Kris was needed there because he cannot go himself, saying something about the com.. ." Tao gasps as another realization washed over him. "Oh My God! Papa Myeon! Don't tell me you messed with their company!??" he shouted.

Yixing suddenly enters the room asking why his baby panda is shouting. Suho was pale and really looks guilty. Pretty ironic for someone who did something bad without seconds thoughts. Tao told Yixing what he thinks his strict papa did to Kris and Yixing literally gasped so loud that Suho flinched a little when his husband looked at him.

"Is it true Suho?" Yixing asked.

"I.. .It's true that I messed with their company but.. .Mrs. Wu being in the hospital is not my doing. I only want the company to get bankrupt." he confessed. Tao gasps as his tears builds up in the corner of his eyes.

"I HATE YOU SO MUCH!" Tao shouts then ran out of the study room. Tao has been saying those a lot for the last few days and Suho got used to it, really. But, this time, when Tao said it, he looks like and he sounds like he means it. Suho's heart shattered into pieces as he saw tears on his son's eyes as he ran away.

"This is what I'm scared of." Yixing slumps on the couch. "You crossed the line this time Suho. You better fix this." he said disappointedly.

"I .. .I will." Suho sighs. Yixing walks to him to comfort him.

"It was never too late. I'll be here with you. I'll help you with whatever I can do." he hugs him.

"Thanks Xing. I should've thought about this first."

"Yeah, you should've." Yixing kissed Suho's forehead with a smile. At least his husband admitted he's wrong and he's ready to fix his mistakes.

Back at Tao who ran away earlier, he packed his bags too to follow Kris. He cannot stay in his parents house knowing it was all his Papa Myeon's fault that Kris' parents are suffering. Kris needs him now more than anything. He does feel guilty in his Papa Myeon's place but he's ready to beg for Kris' forgiveness. He's sure his lover would understand. He didn't bother saying good bye to anyone, he just left without a word. He took a taxi to go to their shared condo first, he wants to check if Kris is there but he's not. He checked the GPS on Kris' phone instead to know where hospital he should go. When he's sure about his destination, he immediately went out of the condo and took a cab to the hospital.

At the same time, Suho, Yixing, Sehun and Kyungsoo is panicking again because they cannot find him. He turned off his cellphone after finding out where Kris is. He's so done with his Papa Myeon and this time, he's serious about it. But doesn't care anymore, he just wants to get to Kris. When he arrived at the hospital, he was nervous for some reason. On his way to Kris' mom's room, his heart was thumping so hard, he's just nervous. He opened it after hesitating twice. He took one deep breathe before he finds the courage to just open the door and barged in.

"Tao?" Kris' frown is so deep and the lines on his forehead was so visible. It was scary.

"I.. .I can't stay home... .so I followed you. I'm sorry." he apologized to not just one thing but two, or more. Kris sighs.

"Come here." the older motioned for him to come closer.

"How's your mom?" he asked.

"Fine. She just fainted in shock earlier the doctor said she's stressed and only needs to rest for a while." Kris explained while looking at his mother who's still sleeping.

"ha.. .have you talked to your father?" Tao nervously asked.

"I did." Kris forced a smile. Tao felt a sharp pain pang his heart. "I don't want to assume things but based on what I heard from my dad, I think it's your.. ."

"Yes. It's him." Tao said sadly. Tears ready to fall out of his eyes anytime. "I'm sorry Kris gege. This is all my fault." he cries for real this time.

"Shhh~" Kris hushed Tao down. "It's okay. It'll be fine. My dad won't let anything happen to the company. He and mom, they spend their whole lives to built it and I'm sure he wouldn't let anyone take it without putting up a fight. He'll fight even if it's your Papa he's against."

"I know.. .but.. ." Tao's fat tears won't stop from falling. "Papa Myeon is too much this time. Your mom even fainted and your dad is surely stressed by now. Maybe.. .maybe we should..."

"Don't." Kris warned him as he cries harder. "Please. Just don't." he begged this time.

"I don't want your family to get dragged into this anymore." he said, still crying.

"Son.. ." Kris' mom suddenly woke up.

"Mom!" Kris immediately ran to her and took her hand. Tao wipes his tears but it won't stop from falling.

"Tao'er~." she called out to him. He cried more as he walks to her.

"I'm sorry." he apologized to her.

"Shh~ it's okay." she said. "I heard. It wasn't your fault. What your Parents did was never your fault." she said in a weak voice.

"still.. .." Tao tried.

"Shh~" she shushed him again. "Don't you dare leave my idiot son. He'll die without you." she said with a smile.

"Mooommmm~" Kris whined. She chuckles before kissing her son's hand.

Tao is still crying so she wipes his tears before pulling him close to kiss his forehead too. Kris smiles at the precious scene. His mom only met Tao once and they're that close already. Still, his heart is in pain too because knowing Tao, he's sure that his lover is still worrying about the problem. Well, he is too but he's sure Tao is worrying too much. The younger almost suggested to break up earlier too. Kris' mom keeps on telling his both sons that it was okay, that she's okay and it'll all be okay.

Tao stopped crying but there's still tears on his eyes ready to fall anytime. She told them that she's just shocked and haven't been sleeping for the past 2 nights because their dad has been up all night too and she wants to be there for him. Well, it resulted to her fainting. The doctors told Kris not to let his mother eat for a while because they need to do various test but he refused to that. He bought all the healthy food he could get on the hospitals cafeteria. Tao stayed with his mom while he's away, he wants his lover to feel comforted, to feel that it was not his fault and to feel that he's already a part of their family. When he came back, the door was wide open. He entered only to see Kai, his cousin, same age as Tao. He has food with him and his mom is already laughing with the younger. Tao is sitting on the couch just watching Kai and his mom. He sighs.

"Hey~" he greeted Kai.

"Kris Hyung!" the younger cheered. "Uncle called me yesterday saying I'm needed here to stay with auntie while he's busy at work. I never knew auntie would be so stressed like this." Kai motioned to the beautiful woman on the bed.

"doctor said she just needs to rest. She'll be fine. ..I think?" Kris said.

"I'll be fine." the beautiful woman said as she smiles to them. "Tao'er over there looks worse than me." she commented.

"Oh~" Kai teased Kris. "..he's your baby right?"

"Stop wiggling your eyebrows, it's disgusting." Kris said. His mom laughed and Kai pouted, Tao just forced a smile.

"Mom, since you're fine now and Kai is here? Can we go home for a while?" Kris suddenly asked.

"Oh~! Yes! Of course hon." she said getting the message.

"Why?" Tao asked. "Let's stay here with her. We have nothing to do at home." he frowns.

"We do have something to do." Kris argued. "Come on." he dragged Tao with him. "Mom, we'll come back later tonight." he said.

"Take your time honey. Kai is with me." she said.

"Kai, take care of her will you." Kris smiled.

"My pleasure." Kai said. With that, the door was closed.

Tao was dragged with Kris, his body feels so heavy and he doesn't really want to leave Kris' mom so he's refusing to walk properly on his own. He won't even look at the path, he's like a doll who's getting dragged by his owner. Tao didn't talk on their way home, Kris too. Both of them are quiet, Tao is looking outside the window and Kris is focusing on driving. Kris drives faster, wants to get home faster, want to have a talk with Tao and all. He just wants to make sure that no matter what happens, the younger won't give up their love. They're already engaged and he doesn't really want to lose him.

Tao walked on his own properly when they arrived at their shared flat. On their way up, they're still not talking. Kris was impatient though. He wants to go inside their place as soon as possible. He wants to hug Tao so bad. When the door of the elevator opened, he grabbed Tao's wrist then pulled him. He hugged him as soon as their door was closed.

"What're still worrying about?" he asked the younger. That is when Tao finally cried. He hugged Kris back.

"I am so sorry." he apologized as fat tears streamed down his eyes. "This is all my fault. This is why I don't want them to know about us." he cried so hard that it was hurting Kris too from inside out.

"It's not your fault. Everything's going to be okay Tao. No ones blaming you and no one will. Didn't mom already said earlier that what your parents did was never your fault?" Kris drags a crying Tao to the couch. "Stop crying." he hugs the younger as tight as possible.

"I love you so much gege." he sobs.

"I know. I love you too." Kris kissed the top of his head.

"I love you but.. ..if it's going to be like this.. .."

"Tao!!" Kris warns. "Just don't! Please!!!! Don't even think about it!" he said angrily. "Whatever is happening. I can get through all of it as long as I have you. If you even suggest separating I don't think I'll be able to take anything. So, please. Just don't."

"But.. .."

"No buts Tao!" Kris said then threw the younger to the couch.

Tao cried more thinking he made the older angry and all. It's not like he was wrong. Of course Kris is angry. But, he didn't throw him to the couch because of that. Kris was planning to do something that will distract Tao for a while and to make him forget about everything even for a while. Kris took off his t-shirt then straddled Tao who's still crying. The shock on the younger's face didn't go unnoticed by Kris. He wipes his tears then kissed him on the lips.

"Gege~! What are you doing!? This is not the right time for this!" Tao protests.

"Yes. This is the right time for this!" Kris argued back before Tao's ear. Tao got swept away with Kris' sweet kisses and comforting words. He was crying until the end but not because of the situation about their parents. He was crying about something else. More than cried, he felt good and he begged for more thinking it's at least what he could do for Kris right now. 

---

"Ge~! Your phone is ringing!" Tao shakes Kris who groans in response before opening hsi eyes. After making love earlier, they both fell asleep on the couch. Tao was on top of Kris.

"Where is it?" Kris asked as he struggles to find his pants where his phone is.

"Here." Tao scooped Kris' pants on the floor. He took the mobile phone and gave it to the older.

"It's Kai." Kris said as he slides his fingers to the screen. "Kai? What is it?"

"I don't care if I'm bothering you and Tao right now! Please come back here!!!" Kai said in a whisper but the panic on his voice is so real.

"What!!!!" Kris sat carefully as Tao is still on top of him. Tao ended up sitting on him, straddling him. "What happened to mom!??" Kris asked in panic too. Tao tensed up too.

"Auntie is fine!!! But there are two man who came here! I think it's Tao's dads!!!! Auntie told me to wait outside and I don't know what is happening inside the room!!!"

"Ah~! God! You had me worried!!!" Kris scolds the younger. "Don't worry. I'm sure Sir Lay won't let his husband do anything bad. We'll just take a bath then go back there okay? If they tell you they're leaving, please tell them to wait for us."

"What's happening? My dads are there!!???" Tao asked.

"Yes." Kris answered before ending the call. "Come on. Let's take a bath then go back there. I need to make my declaration of war." he said then without any answer from Tao, he carried him. The younger automatically wraps his legs on Kris's body for support then hugs his neck.

"I'm sorry." Tao said again.

"Hey. Enough okay. One more I'M SORRY from and I swear I'll use the toys, which you hate so much, on you." Kris smirks, Tao punched him in the gut for joking at times like that.

---

"PapaMyeon!" Tao called out to his father as soon as he enters the room. Kris is behind him. The first one Kris noticed is his mom who doesn't look good. He swears to God if they ever did something to her he won't forgive them. He loves his mother so much. He walked to her and asked her if she's okay. She said she is so Kris sighs in relief.

"ZiTao." Yixing said with sad eyes. "I can't stop your father. Forgive me." he said.

"What are you doing here!!??" Tao asked Suho.

"I believe you already heard about your boyfriend's condition." Suho said seriously.

"Yes." Kris answered this time. "You've gone too far sir. My family had nothing to do with this." he said calmly but the anger is there.

"I'm here to help you Kris." Suho crossed his arms. "Let's make a deal. I'll stop messing with your dad's company, in exchange, you'll leave ZiTao."

"Not gonna happen. My dad won't..."

"I'll go!" Tao suddenly cuts off Kris.

"What the !?" Kris finally snapped. "You're not!"

"I'll go." Tao said seriously. Tears are back on his eyes. "I don't want to destroy your parents hard work so...I'll go."

"No...You can't .. .I already tol.. ."

"Enough!" Suho cuts them off. "ZiTao has decided. Let's go son!" he said as he walks away.

Tao followed without getting dragged by his father. Kris pulled Tao's arms him but the younger didn't let him to stop him from doing what his PapaMyeon wants. The door was closed and the way Kris heard the sounds was so harsh and torturing.

 


a/n: I'm sorry for not updating for a long time. Depression got me and I've been stuck on my room the whole time. I did read some stories but I just don't have the motivation to write for the past months. Please enjoy this update >< the next chapter would be the last one and seriously, I cried while writing that coz finally.......I finished the story >< Once again~ for those who waited >< I'm sorry for keeping y'all waiting~ I'm not worthy of your time really ><