Chapter 2

When I Leave You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If you can love yourself, you can love others." -Kim Youngwoon

Stumbling back, Sora widened her eyes at her brother.

The shock finally hitting her, Sora screamed.

"What have you done?!"

Catching her brother in her arms, Sora panicked.

"The Mark. Why did The Mark show up on Hyukjae? Sora, think. Who else knows how to operate the memory machines?" she thought, her mind in a jumbled mess.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

Quickly laying Eunhyuk down on the couch and throwing a soft blanket over him, Sora made sure that his whole face was covered before she stood up.

The doorbell sounded once more.

Suspicious, Sora walked cautiously towards the door.

She peeked through the peephole, only to see...

Donghae.

Surprised, Sora uneasily opened the door and let Donghae in.

As soon as he was inside however, Sora whispered urgently, "What are you doing here? You know my brother's home, right?"

Donghae winced at the implication and took a deep breath.

"Sora, I..." he began.

"Speak softer! We can't let Hyukjae find out about us!" Sora whispered in a hurry.

"Sora, Eunhyuk's not going to be getting up anytime soon." Donghae stated with a matter-of-fact tone.

Astonished, Sora looked at Donghae with stunned eyes.

The gears in her head turned at a million miles per hour.

Glancing at the covered up Eunhyuk and back at Donghae's knowing eyes, Sora realized.

Screaming furiously at Donghae, Sora started "YOU BASTARD, YOU DI...."

Only to be cut off by Donghae's strong hand covering .

"No." he simply stated before the whole neighborhood woke up, "It wasn't me."

Sora raised her eyebrows at Donghae, and gave him a weird look.

"Donghae, there are only three people in this world who know how to work that machine," she replied.

"Hyukjae, because it belongs to him.

Me, because Hyukjae taught me.

You, because I taught you."

Looking straight into Donghae's eyes, Sora spoke again, "We both know that the person who receives The Mark can't work the machine. If I obviously didn't do it, and Hyukjae received The Mark, then who else but you could've done it? Also...HOW DID YOU KNOW HYUKJAE HAD HIS MEMORIES ALTERED?!"

"I-I...can't say..." Donghae looked guiltly away.

"You did it, didn't you?" Sora mumb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter