Elevator Bagels

Cat and Dog
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She woke up to a crisp cool air blowing in. She rubbed her eyes and moved to the other side away from the sun. When she finally opened her eyes, she found familiar brown eyes staring back at her. She just smiled at the intruder in the bed, “I’m going to start locking the door.”

“No, you aren’t,” he said softly as he reached his hand out to caress her cheek, “Good morning, beautiful.”

Blushing, she bit her lip and stopped his hand, “Have you been watching me sleep?”

Chen shrugged, his tail flickering about before he reached out his hands and wrapped them around the lazy dog’s body, pulling her close so he could rub his nose against her neck, breathing in her natural scent.

Wendy wasn’t still used to the cat’s new attitude. He’s been always trying to hold her and rub his face on her. She found it flattering, but she swore that her cheeks were tattooed pink by now. Even now, as he was cuddling her in their human’s bed, her cheeks burned; but it didn’t stop her as she combed her fingers through his hair, welcoming the contact selfishly. “You’re warm.”

“And you’re gorgeous,” the cat replied, rubbed his cheek on her nose.

“You’re just practicing for your feline mate,” Wendy had to force out.

“Am I?” Chen said with a playful tone.

Wendy didn’t try to answer. She knew that if she tried to answer, the cat would try to attempt something else.

“It’s a beautiful day out,” Wendy looked to the window, seeing very little cloud and plenty of sunshine. Guessing it was still morning, she started to plan what she could make for breakfast.

“And so are you,” the cat replied again, a smile on his lips, feeling her weak attempt at pulling his hair.

“What do you want to eat for breakfast? And don’t say me.”

“Of course not you,” Chen hummed as he wrapped his tail around her leg, “I don’t think I could eat something so cute.”

Unable to take it, the dog practically pushed the cat off her so she could get into the shower first. If he doesn’t get a mate soon and fast, I don’t know what I’m gonna do....

🐱 🐶

Chen laid in the dog’s bed longer, wrapping himself in her scent and adding his to her sheets before getting up. He decided that today he’ll make breakfast for the dog.

The sudden change in Chen was at first hard to deal with. He knew he had no if what he was doing was a good or selfish thing, but Wendy never forced him to stop. He just found himself more and more wanting to be close to her. After the dumb stray’s visit, he just felt himself wanting to feel the dog in his hands and arms.

He was lying to himself if he said that he nuzzled and cuddled the dog for only scenting purposes. Though it was mainly for Kai to back off, he felt some kind of proudness knowing that Wendy was wearing his personal scent on her; it was like she was showing him off. Though he didn’t know why he kept scenting her after, he just felt like it was the right thing to do.

His body was on auto polite as he took out two bagels and threw them in the toaster.

    At first, when he started to touch Wendy, he was yelling at himself, telling himself to stop forever if she wanted him to stop, which she never stated. Then he found himself slowly wanting to see her blush and get flustered. Who knows how many times she’s done that to him? Then, yesterday, when he was holding in her wrists, he just had that sense that he should’ve done something more but something stopped him, like a cold hand.

    Waking up in bed was something he literally dreamed about. Just waking up and stare at each other while giving each other teasing touches and even some playful ki-

    The bagels popped up and Chen jumped in in fright, his tail fluffed up before settling back down.

    Chen was pretty confident he was only thirty-nine percent sure about his feelings towards the dog. Yes, he finally admitted that these emotions he was having were called ‘feelings’ and it was a pretty odd thing to be feeling again. Though compared to last time, this time it was stronger and came with more worry. He wondered if he was coming on too strong too quickly.

    Grabbing the bagels, he buttered them before slathering a thick layer of cream cheese before throwing some smoked salmon on his and shaking some dill on hers. He felt a pleasant stiffness spread through his body as he felt the burning sensation of her hand on his shoulder.

    “I made breakfast,” he said proudly, nearly falling over at how great she smelled, her wet hair practically filling the room up with her honey shampoo.

    She smiled and hummed, looking up at the cat, “Bagels, huh?”

    Chen’s tail flickered about while Wendy’s wagged a slow beat. “I know it’s not pancakes or eggs, but I thought you should rest today. Save your energy for the park tomorrow.”

    Humming, Wendy took a bite of the bagel. She was trying hard not to smile because it would give the cat some kind of incentive to start complimenting her again. “All i need to do is have a good’s night rest.”

    “Nope,” Chen stated, leaning his bum against the counter. “Today is your rest day.”

    “But why? I want to cook for Joonie, he’s supposed to home soon!”

    The cat’s ear twitched, “Then I’ll allow you to bake some brownies.”

    “I can’t make anything chocolate, you know dogs are allergic to chocolate,” the dog pouted, “And why is it you’re allowing me too? I don’t have to do what you say.”

    “Because I’m older?”

    “So? I cook more often than you.”

    The cat’s ear twitched before he sighed, “I just wanted to give you a bit of a break.”

    The cat’s expression changed from looking like things were going his way to looking a bit dejected. Wendy’s tail stopped wagging as she saw the cat’s fallen face. Not understanding why letting her have a break from cooking was a major deal, she felt a little guilty for pushing.

    She set the bagel down and took a step forward towards him before leaning her legs on his while taking a soft hold on his shirt. On her tip toes, Wendy pushed her face into his neck, rubbing her forehead and nose against his skin, taking in every breath she could of her favorite scent. Her tail wagged rather face, unable to stop a soft hum escape .

    She felt the cat’s body stiffen at the contact, but soon relaxed, his flaming hand on her back. Wendy understood why Chen kept doing this too her, and it was really fun. She remembered when she first found herself favoring his scent, that day many months ago when she learned how to cook. She kept rubbing her face into his neck and shoulder before leaning against some more. Though she even felt herself questioning why she was doing this, she felt it was what she was supposed to do.

    “I don’t understand why, but I’ll wait until tomorrow to cook. Okay?”

    Chen placed his arm around her shoulder, keeping her close to him. He felt his face blushing some, the idea of the dog just willingly cuddle or nuzzle or whatever the heck they were doing only made the cat filled with some hope.

    He breathed in the scent of her honey shampoo, wanting to personally tattoo in his brain.

    “Wendy, Chen, I’m home!”

    The two nearly jumped away from each other, looking around like they did something wrong. Realizing that their human hadn’t seen then in this compromising position, they ran to the door to greet their human, the pink blush still stained on their cheeks.

🐱 🐶

Joonmyeon’s office door was smacked open, causing the doctor to jump in surprise. Jaebum was standing there, grinning like an idiot, pointing his fingers at her. “You dog you! I knew you had it in you!”

Joonmyeon looked at his co-worker in confusion, “I’m guessing this doesn’t have to do with work.”

“You know Sana in NICU?” Jaebum asked, jumping unto the chair in front of Joonmyeon’s desk, annoying the doctor even further, “She overheard Tiffany and Jessica during her morning coffee. Apparently, Tiffany saw a certain doctor was spending time with a mysterious woman.”

“And so? There’s plenty of mysterious woman I end up spending time with at the expo.”

“Yes, but Tiffany saw you have dinner with that mysterious woman!” Jaebum grinned, finding the unnerved doctor a bit cooler, “So... who’s the lady with Irene?”

Instead of telling Jaebum to bug off like usual, Joonmyeon believed if he just told Jaebum everything now, then he’ll be left alone. In any case, Joonmyeon was glad to share the info; he didn’t want to think of Chen’s reaction if he told him. “I don’t know her name. I never asked and if she offered, I don’t remember.”
    Jaebum’s face was probably gonna break at any moment from the glee of this juicy info, “You playboy! You don’t even know the name of the woman you went on a date with? Please tell me you at least got laid!”

Joonmyeon blushed, rubbing his hands on his face up to his hair, “I wanted to... but...”

“But... she didn’t want you?”

“No.... it’s a bit odd to say...”

Jaebum watching the doctor bite his lip, “What?”

Joonmyeon looked off the side, “It felt like Jieun was there pulling me back.”

There was some pause before Jaebum pondered, “Like... guilt?”

“No! Like... as if she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter