One

Web That I Weave

A/N Huge change in tone. First chapter was supposed to be a oneshot, but I got some inspiration and am going to continue it into a story!

 

 

“This was such a good idea,” said Baekhyun with his mouth full. They had ordered in bossam, pork and lettuce leaves, and Kyungsoo had to agree. Kyungsoo nodded as Sehun mumbled an “mmmhmm”, their mouths stuffed with food. Kyungsoo grabbed a sesame leaf this time, loading it up with kimchi and pork. They were sitting on the ground in front of the TV, some funny programme on.

Kyungsoo really owed Baekhyun and Sehun everything. The only thing stopping him from just lying in bed and starving himself to death was Baekhyun and Sehun. He felt embarrassed, because this was probably the first time Baekhyun had ever seen him so weak. Kyungsoo had always been emotionally stable and strong, always had a good grip on himself. Baekhyun was the one who was prone to the tears and tantrums, not Kyungsoo. Sehun was also a big crybaby. But that had changed when Baekhyun and Sehun had to physically drag Kyungsoo out of bed when the news of Jongin coming back to Korea spread. All these random people had messaged him asking if he was okay, and Kyungsoo was so mad because he knew all of them were just fishing for gossip. He had never been on the receiving end of Chanyeol’s ‘kids and animals’ voice, or Chen’s target for general mollycoddling and every time they did it Kyungsoo would hit them. Hard. It didn’t stop them though.

“Kyungsoo hyung, will you play League of Legends with us?” mumbled Sehun through his food. “Pwease hyung. Pwease?”

“No,” said Kyungsoo, because he hated League. It reduced Baekhyun and Sehun to grunts and screaming at each other through their headsets even though they were in the same room. “Maybe I should just go home now.”

Kyungsoo tried not to scowl at Baekhyun trying to be subtle and tapping Sehun’s knee.

“Noo Kyungsoo hyung,” said Sehun, throwing his arms around Kyungsoo. “Don’t leave just yet. We haven’t even finished eating yet and you can’t be full. We won’t play League tonight. You wanna go to the movies? Maybe we can go get ddeukbokki afterwards?”

Outside? Oh no no no. Kyungsoo did not like going outside that much anymore. He only went outside to go to Baekhyun and Sehun’s apartment. He didn’t even buy his groceries- Chen did that.

“No,” said Kyungsoo, trying to push Sehun off without being too rough. He only pushed rough when Sehun was being a little , which he wasn’t being. Yet. “No, I don’t want to.”

“But it’ll be fun, Kyungsoo,” said Baekhyun.

“You can’t make me,” said Kyungsoo stubbornly. “If you make Sehun pick me up again, I’ll never talk to you two again. I’ll never come back here again. You know what, I shouldn’t even come here that much. I’m sure you two have better things to do-“

“Nooooo,” whined Sehun, his long arms still around Kyungsoo. “We won’t go to the movies then. Hyung, don’t leave us. We’ll watch a movie in here. Or! Baekhyun said he wanted to try making cookies tonight. You can supervise. I swear it’s going to be hilarious. You have to stay or else we might catch on fire.”

“What? Baekhyun is this true-“

They were interrupted with the doorbell ringing.

“Who is that?” Sehun said.

Baekhyun got up as Kyungsoo continued to chew his mouthful, successfully shoving Sehun off.

Baekhyun looked at the screen of their intercom and put his hand to his mouth.

“Hmm. I think it’s some sales person,” Baekhyun said, pressing buttons to make the screen blank.

“At this time of the night? On the 8th floor?” asked Sehun, sceptical. “Hyung, we don’t get salespeople.”

“Maybe he’s a delivery person on the wrong floor then,” Baekhyun said, furiously punching buttons on the intercom, probably trying to silence the constant buzzing.

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes, feeling nervous for some reason. Baekhyun wasn’t that great of a liar, but he was doing a good job.

“Then you should just tell him he’s got the wrong apartment then,” Sehun said, giving Baekhyun a funny look. “Hyung. Who is really behind that door?” Sehun got up and started walking to where Baekhyun was still fiddling with the intercom. “Is it your cousin again? Tell him that we can’t lend him any more money and to stop drinking.“

“Sehun,” said Baekhyun in a warning tone. “Sehun, stop-“

Kyungsoo felt air leave his lungs when Sehun pushed Baekhyun’s hands away while Baekhyun tried to grab Sehun’s wrists unsuccessfully. Sehun, obviously more skilled in the intercom than Baekhyun, pressed some other buttons that made the screen light up and the voice function work.

“Finally! Sehunnie is that you? Guess who’s baaccccckkk!”

Kyungsoo was going to have a heart attack. That voice. That face. It haunted him in his dreams, and tonight, it was all coming true.

Sehun froze, before quickly leaning into the mouthpiece. “Uh. Now’s not a good time.”

“Gross. Are you and Baekhyun hyung ing or something? Gross!”

Now it was Sehun’s turn to furiously try to punch the buttons. Kyungsoo wasn’t aware that Baekhyun had returned to his side until he felt Baekhyun’s arm around his shoulders. He turned into Baekhyun, a move that before would’ve been too vulnerable for him to stomach, but now he was too low, too broken to have any dignity left. He didn’t realise his breath was hitching until Baekhyun was rubbing his back, trying to hug him.

“Just go away!” shouted Sehun. “Please, I’m sorry. Go away.”

“What?” the voice said again. “Is this a joke? Sehun, don’t be a . Let me in.”

Kyungsoo started shaking his head. No no no no. He couldn’t come in here. Kyungsoo couldn’t look into the eyes that used to be only on him and wandered, that voice that told him he had loved him and then said it to someone else.

“I can’t. I really can’t. Baekhyun, make him go away. Please, make him go away. Please. Please. Please,” Kyungsoo repeated, unable to stop himself from begging.

“Don’t worry,” Baekhyun assured. “He’s going to go. He’ll leave.”

Kyungsoo registered the smell of Baekhyun’s body wash, the same he had used since college, and it calmed him down. He knew Baekhyun was loyal to him. He could trust Baekhyun.

“I’m not joking. Leave!” yelled Sehun into the intercom before shutting it off. The apartment no longer sounded with incessant door bells, but was not replaced with thumps on the door.

“You gotta be ting with me! SEHUN!” yelled the muffled voice behind it.

“I’m sorry hyung,” apologised Sehun, running to Kyungsoo’s side. “I’ll get rid of him.”

Kyungsoo buried his head in his hands as Baekhyun tried to usher him into their bedroom while Sehun typed furiously on his phone, most probably messaging him.

Now sitting on their bed, Kyungsoo tried his hardest not to let tears spring to his eyes.

“I want to go home but he’s still out there,” he moaned. “I don’t want to go out. I don’t know what to do.”

“Don’t worry hyung, he’s leaving,” said Sehun, eyes still on his phone. “He’s gone.”

“Did you tell him I was here?” asked Kyungsoo. “Don’t tell him I was here.”

The look on Sehun’s face told him that he already did.

“Nooooo,” cried Kyungsoo, falling back on Sehun and Baekhyun’s bed. “He- I can’t- I never want to see him again.”

“You won’t have to,” said Baekhyun, hovering over him. “I’ll break his legs if he ever comes into this apartment.”

“He’s not allowed here?” asked Sehun, surprised. “But Baekhyun!”

“What?” snapped Baekhyun incredulously. “Don’t tell me you want him over?”

“Maybe one day when Kyungsoo hyung isn’t here-“

“No. No way! That head is not allowed in my house! After what he’s done!”

“It’s my house too!” yelled Sehun. “He’s my friend!”

“I can’t believe you still call him your friend after this! Aren’t you on Kyungsoo’s side?” growled Baekhyun, sitting up.

“I’m not on any side!” said Sehun.

“Well I am. Kyungsoo is like my brother, and no one, no one messes with my crew. Jongin is nothing to me, he is scum. If I ever see, or know he’s been in here, I’m going to tear his face off. If you bring him in here, I’m moving out,” threatened Baekhyun, while Sehun looked like he wanted to cry.

“I can’t pick sides Baekhyun,” said Sehun.

“I think you can. But if you can’t, meet him somewhere else. Meet him anywhere else. I hate Jongin. He is excommunicated. I even unfriended him on Facebook.”

“Baekhyun,” said Kyungsoo, surprised. Even he hadn’t unfriended Jongin yet. Kyungsoo was touched at the show of loyalty and Baekhyun was renowned for his y cold shoulder and nastiness when wronged.

“Do you like Jongin more than Kyungsoo?” accused Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo felt a little bit awkward. Kyungsoo was Baekhyun’s best friend while that guy was Sehun’s.

“No, no, I like Kyungsoo hyung,” said Sehun, nibbling his lip and hesitantly clinging onto Kyungsoo’s arm. “Babe, I get it. You don’t like Jongin. I won’t let him in here.”

Now Kyungsoo felt angry. How many of their mutual friends were on Jongin’s side? Chanyeol had always been fangirled over Jongin but he was Kyungsoo’s friend first. Chen was probably Kyungsoo’s, but he also had liked Jongin. Which wasn’t fair. Jongin was the dickhead. Jongin was the one who broke Kyungsoo’s heart and then moved on quicker than one of Jongin’s hip s he always did when dancing.

Baekhyun let out a sigh. “I’m still hungry. Thank God bossam can’t get cold.”

 

 

“What would you do?” asked Kyungsoo as Baekhyun drove him home. “What would you do if you were me?”

Although cheery and friendly to everyone, those who were truly close to Baekhyun were witnesses to Baekhyun’s true quick temper, the side of him he only showed to people that mattered to him. Baekhyun was the type of person to be friendly to a person he didn’t like, and almost homicidal when one of his friends wronged him. He made outlandish threats that he actually carried out. Once, when Chanyeol and Baekhyun fought in freshman year in college, Baekhyun broke into his dorm room and ripped every single poster in Chanyeol’s room. It was a miracle those two were still friends.

Kyungsoo had always seemed like the innocent and quiet bystander. Chanyeol once said he didn’t understand why they were best friends when their temperaments were so different. But what they didn’t know was that Kyungsoo had been the one who knew Chanyeol’s room code- and had been the one that knew Chanyeol’s schedule so they wouldn’t be caught. Plus, how would Baekhyun reach the posters on the ceiling if Kyungsoo hadn’t held him up? Kyungsoo was Baekhyun’s enabler, a trusty sidekick. Kyungsoo had always been on Baekhyun’s side, even if Baekhyun was in the wrong- and vice versa.

“If you had my personality,” said Baekhyun. “Or if Sehun did that to me, I would make probably be very vindictive and try make Jongin’s life hell. I would want to make him pay.”

“But how?” asked Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo, being a vindictive person like me is actually very tiring,” said Baekhyun. “Especially when you don’t like the person. I’m only vindictive to the people I love, because I wouldn’t want to think about someone I actually didn’t like. If I was you, I would forget Jongin. Go find someone else, be happy without him.”

“But I want to make him pay,” Kyungsoo said, his voice wavering. “I want him to be hurt. It’s not fair.”

“Kyungsoo,” said Baekhyun, looking sad. “I know. I want him to hurt like you did too. But I want you to stop hurting first. You are more important. Let him drift away. Why don’t you concentrate on being happy?”

“But if I did make him pay, would you help me?”

“Of course I would. It’s about time I helped you out with schemes.”

They laughed, and Kyungsoo knew he could count on him.

Baekhyun hugged him when he dropped him off, them doing their special fistbump that they made up in high school.  

 

As if he would let Jongin get away from him so easily. He was going to make Jongin’s life hell. And then they would be there together.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N This story is going to contain a lot of squad goals, a lot of angst, a lot of manipulative behaviour and a lot of Kaisoo. Don’t be scared by all the Baekhyun in this chapter plz! :D