Chapter Two

INCARNA

Hide message history

On Thursday, March 18, 2015 2:40 PM, Mikka T Tan wrote:

 

Feeling the warm sun against her copper-tinned cheeks. Mayumi wakes up on a queen size bed with white canopy curtains. She can't remember how she got there. Maybe it was Alex who carried her when she fell asleep crying in Aristotle’s clinic. Stretching her arms, she noticed that her clothes have changed. She's wearing a white sleeveless dress with plenty of butterfly shaped embroidery around it.

 

“So beautiful..." She thought, then she turns around to make the skirt bloom.

 

Her room is just fine. The huge white window was full of birds dancing around the tall oak tree beside it. She opens the window and sees a magnificent view. She stops reluctantly.

 

"T-teka? Wala namang ganitong view sa Pilipinas... Where am I?" She whispers.

 

She looks down from her window as sees a man below the oak tree. She can't tell who it is as a book is blocking his face. She decides to go out and ask the man about this place. She's about to push the door when someone outside twists the door knob and pulls it, making her lean towards the oriental guy they all call Huang.

 

A bit startled, she says cheerfully "Oh! Sorry I didn't know you're on the other side..." then she thought “Wait? Why am I smiling at this guy? I don't even know him, but he has this nice aura..."

 

"Marcus said breakfast is ready." Huang said in a normal pace. He seems distant towards Mayumi. He observes Mayumi's dress then he smiled at her. "It looks good on you." complimenting her. He tucks Mayumi's hair behind her ears so that he can clearly see her charming eyes and volumes lashes. He lowers his gaze to meet her eyes and says "Like I said, breakfast is ready. They're waiting for us." The boy with an intimidating snowy complexion leads the way as Mayumi follows him obediently.

 

 

"H-Huang?" She chirped, feeling hesitant if she should ask him about her situation. She remembers the jaunty philosopher’s words. "No one can ever know that you are the reincarnation of Eve. Don't trust anyone" She then closes her eyes and purses her lips.

 

 

"What's the matter? You look tense." Huang said as his feminine features continues to flourish inside Mayumi's head. His lovely candle shaped fingers looks like it could break anytime. Huang reaches for Mayumi's head and pats it. "It's alright, maybe you're just hungry. Leon cooks the best French toast in history. I'm sure it will make you feel better." says Huang as he smiles gently and turns around to guide her.

 

 

Not a word echoed along the luxurious corridor filled with life size paintings and extravagant sculptures made from ivories. Speaking of ivory she recalls Alex's soft ivory colored skin then she feels disappointed at herself because Huang's and Alex's complexion are lighter than hers. She finds both of them mysterious and timid. Although Huang is more approachable, she would still label him as a lovely maiden disguise as a man because of his natural peachy lips and cheeks that can make every woman in the world envious. She felt a little down because in order for her to achieve a perfect blooming cheek she'd have to apply an expensive blusher to do so, but Huang puts no effort on it. The only thing that makes him manly is his fuzzy dark eye brows that look like hairy caterpillars clashing whenever he makes an expression. Even though his brows are noticeable, you can still see his brown eyes and his striking black hair that extends right blow his ear lobes. All of these really made him stand-out.

 

"Oh God! Why have you created such a beautiful man? “She asks herself.

 

Huang turn around and shockingly sees Mayumi, he says " OY! Your nose is bleeding again!" His crescent-shaped eyes widened.

 

She has completely indulged herself on her fantasies that she didn't realize that her nose is bleeding again. She immediately looks for a handkerchief inside the dresses pocket then she finds a white hanky with pretty sunflower embroidery on the corner. She gave Huang a regretful look pressing the napkin closer to her chest.

 

"Why aren't you using the napkin?" He immediately took the handkerchief and wiped Mayumi's nose.

 

"Sayang! It looks so pretty! I've never seen such wonderful embroidery in my life! I don't want to dirty the napki-----"

 

"I shall make another one for you! You don't savor things just because it appeals pleasing to you! It's useless.." He interrupts Mayumi. His eyebrows collide at the center of his forehead as he doesn't find the fanatic girl's reason valid.

 

Her deep hazel eyes widened with amazement "Y-you made this?" Points at the napkin. "A-and this?" pertains to her dress. "Wow! You're amazing Huang! You're very talented I can't make something like this even if I spend decades of hard work!" She praises him sincerely.

 

He nods slowly as he tries to hide his beaming red face. He has never been praised like that before, not even Alex nor Marcus praise him whenever he makes embroidery shirts and napkins for them, to him it's just so overwhelming that he shouts " A-anyway, I'll just make another one for you.." then he proceeds at the end of  the hallway where the stairs is located.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

Finally the long black-haired maiden reaches the gigantic dining area.  She is fascinated at the porcelain plates, golden mantle and silver tableware. The long bronze table is filled with western and eastern dishes. She identifies some cuisines but the others are alien to her. After observing the area she saw Alex beside a vacant seat so she sat next to him. She turns on the other side and notice the man she calls "prince" is resting his right cheek on his right hand while smirking and starring at her with passionate diamond eyes.

 

"Oh look the sleeping log is here!" Teases the short guy, he is referred to as Leon by most of the people in the mansion. Mayumi finds him funny because of his talkativeness and the way he acts. He tries to look mature but his body type is petite for a guy. Although, he looks like He and Mayumi are the same age. He still looks like a little boy due to his actions and pitchy accent.

 

Mayumi is so hungry that she just ignores Leon. To her, he is just like an annoying brother. "Whoa! I'm so hungry I don't know where to start!" Her eyes roll from left to right as she searches for her first prey.

 

"Try this, my Queen." The long haired royal highness tossed round flat bread with eggs and honey. "This is our favorite meal in Rome." Marcus said arrogantly.

 

Mayumi gave him a WHAT'S-YOUR-DEAL-YOU-ARROGANT-HIGHNESS look. He laughs and says "You may not remember but we are very close in the past." His aristocratic fingers gently brush her radiant copper cheeks. He looks at her with burning passion of longing and joy. He smirks and says "Shall I refresh your memory a bit?" then he naughtily lowers his divine face towards her soft neck down to her long shiny black hair and smells it. The sensation made Mayumi's body froze and summoned Goosebumps all over. She backs away from Marcus.

 

 

"P-ert!" She said then slaps his Excellency’s cheek. She was so embarrassed. First it was Alex who casually touches her nape now this arrogant prince sniffs her neck. "What the is wrong with these people? Do they think they can just molest any girl just because they are extremely good-looking? So what Alex did yesterday was just a sample of what the rest can do to me here? Do they have some weird with necks? OMG! ayokong maging slave!" She painfully thought. She looks at Alex with despair.

 

 

"Oy, Marcus! Can't you guys get a room? We're eating ya know!" said Leon in an uninterested manner. He scoops a spoonful of soup to his mouth. "I'm having a hard time tasting this soup!" He rants.

 

 

Marcus laughs again, amused as ever. Although, his perfect right cheek is all red due to the hysterical girl's slap. He still looks composed and determined. He wraps his arms around Mayumi and announced "Everyone! This is truly Cleopatra! The woman who captivated me in 32 B.C! The reason of my downfall yet I am still in love with this woman." He boasted to everyone in the dining area. His diamond-like eyes sparkled with excitement and pride. Mayumi could feel his sincerity from what he said.

 

"Well that was blunt.." Alex said while eating his favorite Macedonian dessert, Zelnik a savoury pie. He seems to be accustomed to Marcus' actions towards Mayumi. "I haven't got the chance to tell her that professor inserted a few codes of Cleopatra in her while she was sleeping."  He thought while munching the pie. He raises his brows and looks a bit worried for the cocoa-skinned girl. Who is suddenly turning pale due to Marcus' announcement.

 

 

Everyone laughed and cheered the young couple. They all knew that Marcus did it on purpose to let everyone know that Mayumi is "His" and no one should ever mingle with his beloved. Leon replied with a face palm while Huang was just spacing out the whole time holding his siopao, a white bun with meat inside. Marcus was really happy that all centuries of search for his adored Cleopatra have come to an end.

 

 

"It is better if she is known as Cleopatra here than Eve. At least we have Marcus protecting her aside from Alex" Aristotle thought while sipping his freshly brewed black coffee.

 

 

One problem after another. Mayumi only wishes for this dream to end. Although her alliance with the Macedonian Emperor and the Greek Philosopher is beneficial. She finds the first Emperor of Qin dynasty approachable. The Emperor of France seems to be an annoying brother. Lastly, the Consul of the Roman Republic might not be the type of guy she wants to be coupled with as she finds him spoiled and arrogant.

 

 

_________________________________________________

END of Chapter 2 The Banquet____________________________________