Chapter Five

INCARNA

On Thursday, December 03, 2015 07:25 PM, Mikka T Tan wrote:

 

 

“Here you go” a mild voice said. Mayumi tilts her head upward to see the person in front of her as she’s pre-occupied by the book she’s reading.

 

“Y-you!” She immediately turns into defense mode as she finds herself trap between the arms of the provocative roman general. He seems to be amused at the cocoa-skinned maiden.

 

“Why are you reading the old testament? You should browse this instead…” He hands a medium sized book. It’s a bit old and dusty. “This book has all the information you need.” He gently reaches for her desirable chin. “But of course, I prefer you learning from experience.” He smiles mischievously. His beautiful diamond-like eyes sparkles for attention from this beaming red maiden.

 

“Sorry but I couldn’t stop until I make you feel that you are the main character of this…” He was stopped by Mayumi.

 

“Tragedy” She scowls as she sinks her head onto the book to avoid Marcus.

 

Feeling a little left out, Marcus sat beside Mayumi at the prestigious library. He puts his head on top of the table and stares at Mayumi patiently. After a few minutes, Mayumi got distracted and confronted him.

 

“What’s your deal?” She asks him in a disturbed tone. Marcus did not say a word; he pouted and looked depressed as if he was scolded by his mother on the streets. The charming maiden noticed his lonely eye sight towards the book about Egyptian and Roman Empire. Suddenly, she thought of something, “Ay oo nga pla, ang alam nya ako si Cleopatra. I better stick to the plan or else.” She thought while staring at the book. Her slender arm reaches for the book and just as soon as she gets a hold of it, the cunning general holds her hand.

 

Their eyes meet, Mayumi thinks he has the most dazzled eyes among everyone in the mansion. She feels like being pulled by those gorgeous eyes.

 

“Each day provides its own gifts. My queen, after a millennia I have found you and I’m never going to let you go.” Those were facts; she could see the pureness and sincerity from his eyes. He may be demanding and aggressive towards the baffled maiden but in the end his longing for her prevails.

 

Mayumi felt a little guilt crawling in; due to her harsh treatment towards him. She can’t blame him though; he threw away everything even his life for his beloved Cleo. “And here I am… a faker… *sigh* I don’t deserve any of this…” She sadly thought.

 

*Author here: Just want to say that going crazy for EXO- What is love? Kor. Version. I really love Kyung Soo oppa here. *

 

“I’m sorry Marcus but I don’t know how to return your feelings for me.” She gallantly tells him.  “I just want to be honest------“

 

Not another word was heard from her thin curvy lips as it was hurriedly sealed by Marcus.  Yes, her first kiss after all the insane things that’s been happening to her life was from the infamous Roman General Marcus Antonius. The kiss was a bit obligatory as she thought that Marcus might have done it because he cannot accept her conclusion regarding his affection.

 

He breaks for a moment to say “I hate this” In a bitter tone. Mayumi was shocked as it was the first time she has heard him say something seriously without any trace of arrogance. She closed her eyes and looks away from him as he tries to kiss her for the second time.  “I guess, we had our glory days nevertheless I will still regard you as my Queen.” He pats her head softly then walks away from her.

 

She closed her eyes and tries her best to recollect some memories of Cleopatra and Marcus. She really feels bad as she cannot see anything. A loud knock on the wooden table echoed in the library. Then, a memory came in…

 

The set up was in a beautiful terrace there were satin curtains and medium sized ceramic jars beside it. A man wearing a roman armor appeared, he took off his helmet and Mayumi recognized those brilliant icy-blue eyes. He kneeled in front of Mayumi as she her subtle fingers caresses his face.

 

“I have abandoned Octavia. From now on, you and them *he touches her womb” are my family.”  He said passionately

 

“You have forsaken everything for us; I do not know how to accept your feelings” she smiled as she tries to hold back her tears. “We have made an irrevocable immorality” She said to him then Marcus punches the wooden door which echoed just like Mayumi did.

 

As we all know, the olive-skinned maiden normally passes out after having short memory recollections. She was found lying on the library floor and carried inside her room by a petite looking man with snow-like skin and fuzzy eyebrows.

 

End of Chapter Five: the Fake Queen and the General