Chapter Three

INCARNA

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:01 AM, Mikka T Tan wrote:

 

 

Feeling worried, Mayumi calls for Leon's attention about the strong pressure of water gushing out of the faucet.

 

"Leon! Don't waste water!" She immediately turns the faucet down to minimize the flow of water.

 

"Mind your own business CleoFATra. I'm in charge of the chores here. I don't remember asking you for help!" said Leon, his blue eyes reaches Mayumi's gaze then he continues to scrub the plates. The young maiden is fascinated to this cheeky angel and develops an anonymous tolerance to his rough behavior.

 

She pats his head, "Like I said during breakfast, I want to repay you guys for letting me stay in this extravagant mansion, so doing some chores is a good start." She smiles gently forcing Leon to lean backward as if he is disgusted at Mayumi's refreshing personality.

 

Angrily, Leon hits Mayumi's hand on his head then says "Don't touch me you filthy woman!"

 

Normally, Mayumi would get furious but she just finds this fellow adorable enough to forget her temper. Maybe because he looks like a kid but doesn't act like one. "Does he think that I don't take him seriously?"  She thought. She burst her heart out and said "I am serious about this Leon. IF you want others to treat you the way you want to be then you should consider your actions first!" Then she soaked her tender fingertips in the water and splashed some to Leon's sheepish face.

 

He backs away slowly, "I am trying to be responsible on this job. if you will help me then they would think that the great Napoleon Bonaparte needs aid from a woman. I can't bare the title in my mind!" He honestly says while he shakes his head and looks down at his shoes. "So if you can leave the dishes to me and ask Alex for other chores, I'd rather appreciate that!"

 

Ah yes! She almost forgot that all tenants of this mansion are reincarnation of individuals that shaped history. Mayumi, the fake reincarnation of Cleopatra got excited at Leon's revelation that he is the transmigration of the French leader. "So, uhm... When did your memories manifested?" Her deep-hazel eyes shimmered with curiosity.

 

"It took me 3 years to recall everything. Alex said that doing things that you've done in your past life helps you recover those memories." He said getting all perked up because he thinks that he is a senior to Mayumi, then he realized that he doesn't want the witty girl to be around him. "Now get out here!" He shouted driving Mayumi out of the kitchen.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________

She finds herself standing in a lovely white porch. She stretches her view to admire the vast mountains surrounding the luxurious mansion she is residing. She can't believe such place exists. Her attention was caught by a tall man tendering the garden. He looked so perfect under the sun. The sunlight makes his ivory skin glow more. It's as if he is part of the garden's statues.

 

Alex is squatting in front of the Irises and Lilies. He looks like he is harvesting some full-bloomed flowers and placing them in a basket beside him. He noticed Mayumi approaching to him so he greeted her. "Do you need anything?" He said while holding his medium-sized scissors.

 

Mayumi fixed her skirt to kneel beside Alex comfortably. "I wanted to help Leon in the kitchen but he said to look for you." She frowned then pouted her lips while looking at the flower bed. "Did you plant all this?" She inquires curiously, making her thick lashes bloom.

 

He gave her a freshly cut Iris and said "Do you know that the Iris symbolizes resurrection?". His hands bumps to hers for a split second while giving the flower to Mayumi.

 

Feeling confused with his question or trivia, Mayumi finds her right hand holding the flower. She can feel Alex's soft index finger lingering on her palm. Goosebumps rose all over her body. She saw him gave her a gentle smirk. He leans forward and whispers to Mayumi "I want you". She couldn't say anything but she uses her resolve to lean backward; away from Alex to avoid any collision.

 

Just when his lips are about to land on her forehead. He stopped and rolled his eyes down, only to see Mayumi with her eyes closed and looked nervous. He felt disappoint at the young maiden's reaction so he forced her to look up by holding her chin upward "Open your eyes" He demanded like a true conqueror he is. He hates it when this personality of his manifests.

 

She gradually opened her dark-hazel eyes. She got enchanted by his gaze but she then realize that this is not what she asked for so she pushed him away and said "What's your deal? If you're do it with someone else!" irritated she stood up but something came up on her mind. A memory! It was too strong for Mayumi’s so she collapsed.

 

"Memories of Eve eh?" Alex's murmured to himself casually because he knew it happened to everyone. He sat on the grassy field watching over Mayumi while she recollects her memories. He brushes her cheeks while staring "What's wrong with me? This girl is a bad omen. If it weren't for the professor asking me to watch over her, I would have kept my distance. Touching her hand feels like I’ve been engulfed by this unknown frenzy. What connection lies between us?" he though while staring infinitely at the sky.

 

Later they did not know that an anonymous person lurks within the forest observing them. "Finally, she is manifesting her memoirs. The memory of Eden shall be unraveled!" The voice fades along with the strong gush of wind.

 

 

 

________________________________________________

________END OF CHAPTER THREE: CONFRONTATIONS