ACT 2: The Story

Nephilim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : Enjoy! Sorry for grammatical errors and typos

 

Jongin has never fond of break time, because the corridor would be too stuffy. He lost count already on how many times he bumps into somebody or when he accidently nudges on one of the junior’s ribs. Waving an apology to the poor kid, he slices the crowd and walks toward the direction of the school canteen. His stomach has been protesting since the first period since he didn’t have enough breakfast rather than just an almost burned toast and a glass of milk. He had a morning class with Mr. Jung who absolutely wasn’t going to be happy if he was late, doesn’t matter even when he is the teacher’s favorite pupil.

 

He spots the familiar faces on the usual tables and strives towards the said place. Before he could even greet his peers, the tall maknae shoves something on his face. He angrily groans and grabs the crumpled paper. “What the , Oh Sehun?”

The maknae ignores the angry remarks and waves his hand. “You can punch me later hyung, but at least take a look at the poster first. You probably want to get a full scholarship before you decide to butcher me.”

Jongin frowns and proceeds to do what the younger told him to. The 50th Annual Seoul International High Recital, it says with a big bolded font. The raven haired dancer is fully aware of the prestigious event of the year where the most talented students are given the chance to proof themselves suitable to get a full scholarship in a renowned universities and colleges in Korea, or even overseas. He studies the list of Jury of Honor and gasps lightly because he can see familiar names, the figure that makes the whole nation proud of their achievements in international entertainment industries.

A whistle is heard beside him as Hoya peeks on the matte poster. He smirks at Jongin, “It’s not going to be easy to pass the audition, man.” He sneers and pats his friend’s shoulders. “There are approximately 865 students in the Dance department and you only get one chance to win over them and be under the spotlight.”

“They will choose 3 students this year, right?” Sehun gulps down his energy drink, “They usually only choose one.”

Hoya nods and stabbing the cold spaghetti on his plate. “It’s the 50th year so they decided to make it special. More like they want to framed more talented kids to work their asses off for the country.”

 

Sehun scowls at the -faced dancer and turn to Jongin again. “Kai hyung, you will join the audition right? It’s your last year in the school and you are one of the promising students in our department. I’m sure you will pass them easily.”

The tan male just shrugs and eats his lunch instead. He will try the audition of course, because he is a competitive teenager anyway and a challenge like this always appeals to him but he isn’t sure about the scholarship. Jongin loves dancing; he had been doing it since he was small. However instead of doing ballet like he used to, he is now dancing hip hop. Everyone loves his moves and he does too, the dynamic beats enable him to move his muscles in sync and free movements. But there is a small part of him that whispers that he is still confined by something, like it wants to break free only Jongin doesn’t know how to unleash it.

“Maybe, gotta have to think about it first.” He answers.

“You should, hyung! I’m rooting on you.” Sehun cheers while payfully throwing his hands up in the air, earning a weird glance from one petite senior on the next table. The tall boy flushes when he spots the senior and coughs awkwardly. “A-anyway, you can mix ballet and hip hop, do some awesome fusion or something. The jury usually likes that.”

“Oh come on, man!” Hoya groans and lifts his head from his phone to glare at Sehun, “Ballet is definitely for . You don’t expect it to go perfectly with hip hop because it will look hideous. Can you imagine me dancing with Omarion song in a tutu?”

 

Sehun roars in laughter and even Jongin has to laugh at the snide remarks. “Is it purple?” He teases, munching on the potato from his plate. Hoya rolls his eyes.

“Shut up, Kim.” He snaps and slaps the first year’s head when the younger can’t stop laughing.

Jongin smirks and continues his lunch but now his head is filled with another thought. Yes, ballet is only for girls not for a man like him. His father has constantly tells him the same thing and he spends years to also dictate himself to believe so. He had loved it so much in the past but it hurt him in a way. Ballet is only for women and they cry. Kim Jongin is a man; he used to cry but he isn’t going to anymore.

He sighs and chooses to forget the matter for now. His lunch is starting to get cold and class will start in less than 10 minutes.

 

***

Do Kyungsoo is not special. He is one of 2576 students enroll in Seoul International High, one amongst the approximately 463 people who take a major in Literature and he is just an average petite male who also has average grade. Bottom line is he is just another student who happens to like books, very much. He got his first book when he was five, it was one with a fairy tale and since then he knew he was going to live his  life with that bundles of papers. So it was only natural that he took Literature as the major in school and of course he had to accept it when his senior offered him to take care of the book club which don’t really have fixed members.

 

“Move, freak!”

Kyungsoo huffs as the basketball captain, Kris pushes him off to the side, causing some flyers in his hand falls to the floor. He sighs and trying to ignore the laughings from the other students in the canteen. He is supposed to do this with Jongdae but the tall male is nowhere to be seen. Kyungsoo pouts, it is always him to distribute the self-made brochures about their book club every single year. It is his finaly year and he is pathetically still doing the same thing, without significant result and being in a center of attention in the middle of break time.

 

The petite male ruffles his hair and decides to call it a day. Lunch time is almost end and he’s just too busy that he forgot he hasn’t eaten anything yet. Kyungsoo walks toward the buffet, passing tables after tables and he sighs in relief as he notices that almost everyone has ignore him again after a short ruckus between him and Kris a moment ago. Everyone except someone. Kyungsoo’s heart does a leap when his eyes meet the solemn ones belong to Kim Jongin. The dancing star Kim Jongin, is staring at him and a gasp excapes his mouth. He looks away and moves faster to the door, hastily running to the nearest restroom and hides himself in one of empty cubicle.

He puts his hand on top of his chest and tries to calm himself down. It’s not everyday your secret crush notices you, the voice inside his head says and a smile slowly forms on his lips. Kim Jongin is definitely more handsome when you look at him closely. Kyungsoo whimpers and hides his flushing face, suddenly feels stupid for acting like a girl. He groans in shame however when his stomach growls angrily at him for not being filled.

 

***

No.791: Kim Jongin

Pass.

 

“No man, you made it!” Hoya wolf whistles and pats his best friend like a proud daddy. Sehun had made it too and the maknae is celebrating it in his own way (and that is to annoy the pretty senior from Drama department named Luhan). Jongin chuckles and nods confidently, he knew he will pass the audition anyway. But now he gets another thing to do: creating two minutes coreography to be presented at the school recital.

 

It’s not a really big deal actually. He had made two or three before for the dance team and it was not that hard for him, being such talented young man in dancing. The only burden right now is himself, because as frustrated he is, he doesn’t want anyone to know that he starts to questions his own passion. He is not sure if he lives for this; the sparks are still there but it’s starting to go off little by little.

 

He only has five months to prepare everything because the festival will occur in Summer and it’s been almost three weeks without any improvements. He watches dozens of street hiphop dance video on youtube, go to every single dance battle he could find but his mind still refuse to project the coreo and send them to his body. Jongin groans as he lays flat on the wooden surface of the auditorium,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter