ACT 4: and Love

Nephilim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo has never feels so conflicted like today.

The small male's hand holds a rectangular invitation of the school recital while the other grips on the material of his postman bag. He doesn't know what to expect, he doesn't even know why he agreed to come. The literature senior steps inside the familiar auditorium he once spent with Jongin a couple of times and notices that the usually empty room now is almost full with students, parents and basically lots of people. He looks around, trying to search for someone he knows at the crowd and sighs when he find none. Kyungsoo makes his way to one of the vacant spot and sits on the velvet covered seat, trying to make his nerve lose the tenses that had been tugging at his guts ever since he arrives at the building.

 

His eyes wander to the closed maroon curtain on the huge stage and his mind brings him back to one week ago. Kyungsoo was just finished his classes and about to walked to his locker because he was tired and he needed sleep, but suddenly somebody grabbed his arm and spinned him around. He was met face to face with Kim Jongin who looked a little better than the last time he saw him, but he could see that the dancer was somehow nervous. Kyungsoo replied with a confused 'hei' when the dancer greeted him with a nervous laugh. He watched as the raven haired male his lips and handed him his book that he borrowed along with a small carton which turned out to be the VIP invitation to the school recital. His big eyes went wider and he tried to speak, only to be cut off by the dancer.

"Don't ask." the tall male said firmly. "Just come because I want you to watch me and I don't take no as an answer."

 

Kyungsoo did said no but the tall male only rolled his eyes and pressed the invitation to his chest before leaving him alone, still confused and didn't exactly sure of what had happened. So that was pretty much how he ends up here, sitting on the VIP section in the midst of families and special guests and he feels seriously out of place. Kyungsoo gulps, probably this is not a good idea because he can literally see people sending glances at him, maybe wondering who he is or what a peasant like him doing in this section (which is actually not true because Kyungsoo definitely not poor therefore he is not a peasant at all but well). He taps his fingers on the arm rest of the seat, contempleting if he should just leave the place because there is no way Jongin will know if he comes or not, won't he? Kyungsoo nods and stands up, intending to escape the place but then a woman's voice is heard through the microphone, announcing that the recital is going to start and the audiences are expected to be seated on their respective seat. Kyungsoo curses inside as the lights slowly goes dim and the room goes dark eventually, leaving the only lights on the stage lit for the performance. The small male has no choice but remains on his seat.

 

It's not as bad he thought it will be though. Kyungsoo finds himself enjoying the performances from the students (mostly from the drama department because some of them are actually doing great with monologues and groups), and he mentally asks himself why didn't he choose Music department from the beginning and opt to Literature instead. He doesn't have time to sulks more however when he notices some movements on the stage faintly even when the curtain is still closed and the claps are still erupted for the last performers. The lights are still off when the curtains slowly slides open, revealing a thing that looks like a majestic chair and with someone sitting on it. Kyungsoo narrows his eyes, trying to get a glimpse of the figure but it's too dark to see.

 

But then a single light turns on; illuminating the only place in the middle of the stage right on top of the chair, revealing the man on the chair and Kyungsoo feels a gasp leave his mouth.

 

Even with the platinum blonde hair, he can easily recognise Kim Jongin with a loose white shirt and pants with his head low on the freaking chair and Kyungsoo entirely lose for words at the revelation. What is that with the seating position, and the chair, and the pose? This isn't eaxctly what Kyungsoo had seen last time. "Oh my God Kim Jongin, what are you doing?" he whispers. The small male leans on his seat. not knowing what to expect but surely his heart pounds in anticipation for the dancer's performance. Is this why Jongin insisted him to go?

 

Many questions are thrown into his mind but he can't answer them. Not that he is able to because at that moment a loud music starts and Jongin lifts his head slowly from his position. Kyungsoo's breath hitches as the sight of the thick eye liners framing the hypnotizing orbs and the fierce look wore by the dancer makes his throat dry. The first movements are harsh; Kyungsoo watches in awe as he notices that Jongin's hand are sitting close on top of the other, like he is tied by an invisible rope. The dancer lifts his body off the chair and slumps forward, letting the gravity engulfs him and he drops on his knees to the ground. Jongin then tugs on his hands; gently at first but slowly it's getting more powerful, his expressions gets more fierce at every tugs. It's like he is chained and tried to free himself. Kyungsoo frowns as this strangely reminds him of something he knows very well.

 

It is then when the invisible rope has been torn and Jongin's hands are free to move, he finally realize it. Jongin is being the Nephilim. He is actually pouring the story of the myth creature to his dance and so far Kyungsoo finds it beautiful but in the same time heart-faltering. The big eyed male gasps again as Jongin's hands go above his head, thr wrists go limp as if the invisible ropes are still there and being pulled by somebody up there; making him like a puppet with a string and being controlled by invisible hands of the puppeteer. Another realization hits Kyungsoo; Jongin is showing his own struggles in the dance. How he's unable to be free to be himself for years and forced to choose a path he would probably didn't choose. The years he has been imprisoned by himself.

 

Kyungsoo doesn't really catch the rest of the dance. He brings his hand to cover his mouth as he watch the dancer moves across the stage. The free movements that's made by the lean figure, the ecstatics expressions and the burning eyes, everything that Jongin does makes him almost cry.Kyungsoo lets out a half laugh as Jongin does some ballet moves in between his fiery dance, he just can't believe his own eyes because the dancer actually does ballet! And he does it great, no he is perfect. Jongin is perfect. Kyungsoo's jaws slacks open when the blonde male finishes his moves by doing the Tours en l'air before he bends on his knees, his breath heaves and the sweats glisten on his skin, and finally ends his performance by throwing his head back and screams with all his might as the light goes off.

 

The audiences gone mad, the sounds of claps and cheers fill the entire auditorium even after the curtain has closed and it lasts much longer than before. Kyungsoo stays seated, eyes glistening in tears but a laugh escapes his lips and he claps along. Meeting Kim Jongin probably is the most unexpected thing that happen to him, liking the dancer would be the craziest he will ever feel, but having him dancing over a myth from his favorite book is probably the most bizzare thing that could happen to an average life of Do Kyungsoo.

 

***

It feels good to be with Kyungsoo again eventhough his body is unbelievably sore and screams for his bed.

Jongin as expected got himself into the list of the full scholarship receivers, but that's the last thing he would care about because the moment his eyes met with Kyungsoo's among the audience he just wanted to jump off the stage and hugged the smaller male. They shared a grin and Jongin held himself not to strangled Kyungsoo and did some things to him. Things like kissing the shorter male, perhaps. With all honesty, Jongin had been seriously nervous about the whole idea of changing his coreography to something he never tried before, hence the significant changes  of the genre. More over, the whole dance represents one character from Kyungsoo's favorite book of all time. His mother didn't make it easier for him, if not making his last two weeks in hell because Jongin is her son, and he had her genes and that means he had to perform without any flaws or she swore she would make Jongin did pirroute for five hours straight.

 

But all ends well, everybody is happy and so is Jongin. The tall dancer finds it hard to hide his grinning face because Kyungsoo is praising him ever since they met after the recital. He sheepishly rubs his neck as they walk side by side outside the school building, Jongin insisted to walk him home, despite the smaller male's refusal. They echanged some words along the way and at some point a comfortable silence surrounding them as the stroll near the garden and their arms brush slightly every now and then, sending weird tingling sensations in Jongin's stomach. He wonders if Kyungsoo feel the same because the small male looks calm and the dancer pouts at the composed gesture. Little does he know that Kyungsoo's heart is drumming inside his chest, his palms are sweating as the effect of the fast-thumping organ.

"My mother started learning ballet when she was three, participated in her first recital when she was five and renowned as the National Ballerina when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter