Chapter 9

Love in the Rain

“Have you gotten everything that you will need?” Seohyun as she sat on his bed looking at her brother’s luggage.

“Yes I have. All that is left is just packing them in.” Taehyun nodded as he put the last of his stuff into his luggage and closing it with a final snap.

“Do you really need to leave so soon, Tae? Why not just wait a little? You do not want to wait until junior is born?” Seohyun asked.

Taehyun sighed and placed his head on his sister’s lap listening to the soothing heartbeat of his nephew or niece.

“Well, if junior decides to pop out now then I guess not. The company has been really understanding and giving me so much leeway. It is not very nice for me to keep dragging my feet about it.”

Seohyun looked down at her brother, brushing gently the fringe that was covering his eyes.

“How are you holding up?” Seohyun asked softly.

“I will be lying if I say I am ok, noona.”

The doorbell rang out and shortly came Hyeri, Sooyoung and another girl.

“I hope you do not mind us bringing another plus one. Oh Taehyun! You are home!” Hyeri smiled.

“Yes, I am home. Hyung asked me to babysit noona for this evening. You must be judo freak’s girlfriend.”

“Judo freak?” Juniel looked confused.

“Oops! Sorry, I meant Jonghyun.” Taehyun laughed sheepishly.

“Yes I am.” Juniel smiled proudly before blushing shyly.

“You are so cute!” Taehyun laughed and promptly earned a smack from his sister.

“What?”

“Stop scaring her, Tae.” Seohyun chided gently.

“No, I am not.” Taehyun could help but rolled his eyes.

“We brought the fan favorites.” Sooyoung announced as she showed a bag containing tubs of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.

“Come let me help you.” Taehyun said as he took the bags from Sooyoung.

Taehyun followed Sooyoung into the kitchen while the other girls busy getting ready. The girls decided to gather and at the spur of the moment help Taehyun with his stuff and whatever last minute arrangements he might have since he was home watching over his sister.

“So…” Sooyoung started.

“So?”

“All ready?”

“Yes, I guess. This is not the first time I will be going away.” Taehyun shrugged as he got the bowls and spoons.

“But this time it is going to be longer. You are talking about 5 years here.”

“So?”

“You just going to pack up and leave?”

“Yes, that is pretty much about it.”

“What about Mino?”

Taehyun swallowed hard. The pain that was suddenly gripping his heart tightly.

“What about him? We are good friends, that is all.”

“Come on Taehyun, you do not fool us. You love him. Him loving you, that is pretty obvious. Do not bother to lie to me.” Sooyoung countered.

Taehyun look at Sooyoung surprisingly.

“How in the world....”

“It is pretty subtle but it is there. There are times when you thought no one was looking, you let yourself linger on him longer than usual. That clear sense of longing could be seen in your eyes.”

“When Paris came into the picture, it was never about whether you love each other or not but more of the timing was not right then.” Sooyoung continued on.

Taehyun just look down with tears threatening to fall at anytime. He told himself he was not going to cry anymore after that night. It was his own fault it all turn out this way. It was his own doing and he knew it very well. Seohyun had warned him before a long time ago and he refused to listen to her advise. Jinwoo and Seunghoon had been pestering him to come clean as well but he was too confident of himself and now Mino was no longer there to catch him anymore.

“Sometimes, it takes an outsider to see what is really going on. Yes my dear, you have always love him. He is always that person you think of whether in good times or bad times right?”

Taehyun could not help but nodded at her words.

“I think I have realized it too late. “

“It is never too late you know. There is always another chance. “

Taehyun looked at Sooyoung sadly. The girl said nothing but just moved over to give him a hug of comfort.

“It is all my fault. I took him for granted.”

“Do not give up on him. Mino is a keeper even though he can be an airhead sometimes. But most importantly, you love each other. That is what matters most.”

Taehyun hugs Sooyoung tighter and slightly nodded his head. Taehyun released the embrace and smiled at Sooyoung who patted his shoulder.

“Yah! What is taking both of you so long? Pregnant lady demanding for her ice cream!” Seohyun hollered.

Sooyoung and Taehyun both laughed and hurriedly brought out the ice cream before Seohyun tore down the house.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Finally! It feels like forever!” Jonghyun gave himself a stretch.

“Yah! Be careful, you just got out the hospital today.”

“Chill hyung! There is no need to go all protective mode on me. Juniel has been doing just that just fine.”

“Talking about Juniel, what is the deal with between you and her?” Mino asked curiously.

“She is my girlfriend.” Jonghyun grinned happily with his dimples showing smile.

“Why you little…” Mino teased.

The doorbell rang but neither of the two brothers moved.

“Yah! You two lazy-bums! Get the doorbell will you? I am kind of occupied here.” Jihoon shouted.

“Do not look at me hyung, I am the injured one here.”

Yong glared at Jonghyun and proceeded to open the door.

“What took you so long?” Jiho strutted into the living room like a king.

“I brought goodies!” Yonghwa took out some soju from the bag that he carried in.

“Wow! It has been a while and the girls are having their own thing at my house.”

“Yes, that is why hyung is able to come out.” Jungshin nodded adding fuel to the fire.

Jungshin earned a smack on his head and he threw the pillow back at his hyung.

“I am going to help Jihoon hyung in the kitchen.”

“Yes, good idea Jung Shin. Make sure Jihoon do not mess up the food.” Jiho nodded.

“I heard that!”

“So, Mr Song Minho what have you been up to lately? I have not really see much of you for the past two weeks.” Yonghwa asked as he poured the first round of soju for everyone.

“Nothing much, just working.”

“He has been going out with this girl.” Jonghyun offered the additional tidbit.

“I see.” Yonghwa answered with ine of his eyebrows raised.

“So hyung, are you going to the airport to send Taehyun off tomorrow?” Jung Shin came out of the kitchen when crunching on a cucumber stick.

Jonghyun was frantically making a keep quiet gesture but it was too late as a pillow flew and hit his face.

“Yah!”

“Think before you speak next time!” Jiho whacked Jungshin’s head.

“Oh crap! Sorry! Ermm, I think I shall stay in the kitchen see what else needs to be done.” Jungshin muttered and quickly returned back into the kitchen.

“He is going off?” Mino asked trying to be nonchalant but failing pretty miserably.

“Yes, he is.”

It was almost at the crack of dawn and Mino woke up feeling slightly light-headed. He went out to the balcony to get some fresh air and thought how ironic that he was standing at the same point of his life like 3 years ago. The guys told him that his company has offered him a 5-year contract in the United States this time and that he has decided to take up the chance.

“Morning.” Jihoon rubbed his eyes and put on his glasses.

Mino sighed heavily and Jihoon yawned loudly.

“So what happen?” Jihoon askred getting straight to the point and not beat around the bush.

“He told me he love me.”

Among all his friends, Jihoon was the one who understood him the most and also the same who was able to see through his bluff at any given situation.

“And?”

“I called his bluff.”

“Then you are an airhead.”

“A what?”

“Airhead.”

“I saw him hugging that guy he went to meet the first day he came back at the hospital.”

“So?”

“What do you mean so?”

“Did you ask him about it?”

“No. But has it not been like this for the past 3 years?”

“And? Assuming the reason that you are so pissed is cause something finally happen between the two of you, do you seriously believe that he is the type to two-time?”

Mino kept quiet.

“You know him the best out of all of us, you tell me. Would he?”

Mino bit his lower lip nervously. Guilt was suddenly sinking in the more he thought about what happened between himself and Taehyun.

“No. He is not that type of person. He loathed cheating. No matter how much he played around, he would not two-time.”

“There you go.”

“I am tired of being at the sidelines.”

“Then do something about it.” Jihoon rolled his eyes.

“Like?

“For starters, tell him you were being an airhead and that you are sorry. Then you give him a big smack on his lips and tell him you love him.”

Mino rolled his eyes at his best friend’s cheesiness and playfully punched him.

“What time is his flight?”

“It is at 9am. I think they should be at the airport by now.”

Jihoon threw the car key over to Mino who caught them deftly.

“Are you not sending him off too?”

Jihoon winked playfully at Mino.

“I have faith in you…”

~~~~~~~~~~

Seoul was pretty at that hour with pink and orange hues, sounds of soft pitter-patter from the leaking rooftop and footsteps of people walking along the quiet streets.

It was pretty early but unfortunately for Mino, traffic have already started to build up. So instead of just an hour, he took slightly more than that and by the time he reached the airport, there was only 30 minutes before the flight will be due for take off.

“Hello?”

“Yonghwa!”

“Mino?!”

“Where are you?”

“We are at gate 3.”

“Where is gate 3?”

“Mino! He went in already.You are too late.”

Mino stood there in the middle of the airport, totally unmoving and could not believe his ears.

“I am sorry, but he went in about 15 minutes ago. You came too late.” Yonghwa answered sadly over the phone.

He has lost him again. Lost him because he was too busy thinking of himself. He let his emotions get in the way instead of talking it out with Taehyun. Oh no, what shall he do now? Wait again? But it is 5 freaking years! Conflicted, Mino sat down and covered his face with his hands. His tears were threatening to fall at any given moment. He was so stupid...

“Mino….”

Mino did not know how long he sat there but he must be starting to get delusional because he was hearing Taehyun’s sweet voice calling out to him. You are a coward! Mino chided himself. No, I will not be one. I will go after him.

With that newfound determination, Mino uncovered his face and open his eyes, only to find a familiar pair of brown eyes staring at him.

“Hi Mino.”

“Am I dreaming?” Mino asked unable to believe that Taehyun was actually standing there in front of him. Whole.

Taehyun smiled.

“Dreams cannot answer you back Mino...”

Mino just sat, unable to utter another word.

“Mino is an idiot.” Taehyun muttered.

“But I forgive you, for being a big idiot.”

He looked at him, and pouted cutely.

“Because you are an adorable idiot.” He pinched Mino’s cheeks.

“Owww!”

“And Mino will do whatever it takes to make it up to me right?”

“Ermmm... Hmmm…” Mino answered still slighty shaken with shock at Taehyun who decided to stay back.

“Right?” Taehyun asked again.

“Ermmm… Yes?”

“There is a good boy. Let’s go.”

Taehyun turned and walked towards the main door while Mino stood there rooted to the ground.

“Mino, are you coming or not?”

Taehyun smiled at him. Mino blinked a few times to make sure it was all-real. That Taehyun was really here, still in Seoul.

“Coming.” Mino answered and raced after Taehyun with his bag in tow.

~~~~~~~~~~

His car was slowly cruising along highway 50 to Gangneung which then led to the highway 65 and into Donghae-Si, Gangwon-do.

The sunroof was open and Taehyun was enjoying the breeze and the sunshine. Mino was trying really hard to concentrate on driving while taking a look at him once in a while, making sure he was really still there beside him. Making sure that it was totally not a dream.

“Mino, concentrate on driving!”

“You are really here.”

“Yes, Mino I am here. I think that’s the 101th time you have said that since we left the airport.”

“I just want to make sure it is not my eyes that are playing tricks on me.”

“Anyway, I am hungry. Are we there yet?”

“Another hour I guess.”

“That long? Whose idea was it to go there?” Taehyun pouted and looked out the window.

Mino wisely kept quiet and just waited knowingly.

“Oh yes, it is mine.” Taehyun concluded regretfully.

Finally, they arrive at their destination.

“Food Mino! I need food like fast.”

Taehyun held out his hand and Mino cautiously took his outstretched hand.

“Are you going to feed me Mino?”

Taehyun pouted and Mino just smiled.

“What would you like to eat?”

“Ermmm... let’s have prawns!”

“Okay.”

After lunch, they went around Jeong Dong Jin. A town that was famous for the various romantic spots. The train station was just right next to the beach and Taehyun insisted on taking photos while standing on the train tracks giving Mino minor heart attacks every time he hears the tracks rattling. Then they went to check out the Millenium Hourglass, and had so much fun posing with the statues among others at the Park Art.

As the evening roll by, they walked along the beach hand in hand while enjoying the sea breeze while the sky burst into light orange.

“Let’s write a message for each other Mino. Just 5 words no more no less.”

“Okay.” Mino agreed easily indulging the playful Taehyun.

“Do not peek ok?”

Taehyun looked around for a stick to write his message. What he really wanted to tell him was more than just 5 words, so he decided to write something else instead.

“Okay, I am ready.” Mino looked at his handiwork proudly.

“On the count of three. One, two, three!”

“Tada!”

Mino’s message : 난널사랑해 Nan neol saranghae (I only love you)

Tarhyun’s message: 민호 바보야 Minho pabo-ya (Mino’s a fool)

“Yah! Nam Taehyun!” Mino exclaimed faking anger.

Taehyun ran as fast as he could away from Mino who was chasing. Mino finally caught up with him and tackled Taehyun to the sand. Trapping him, Mino tickled him mercilessly.

“Ok, ok, ok! Stop, stop!” Taehyun begged for mercy.

The evening sun slowly sets behind them.

~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner was anything but quiet as the two continued to tease and flirt with each other.

Taehyun has been giving the ‘come get me’ look the whole day but Mino was going at a cautious pace as he was unsure of this newfound alliance. They settled in for an early night because sunrise was a must to catch when in Jeong Dong Jin. But honestly, neither was able to sleep not with what happened.

It has been an hour or so of tossing and turning when Taehyun finally gave up. He got up and straddled Mino who jumped slightly at the sudden contact.

“Yah! Nam Taehyun, what are you doing?”

“Mino, you are afraid of me.” Taehyun muttered as a matter of fact.

“I am not.” Mino denied.

“Then why are you not responding to my signals?”

“Si..gnals?”

“Yes, signals!” Taehyun exclaimed exasperatedly.

“Don’t talk nonsense, go to sleep.” Mino tried to push Taehyun off him.

However, Taehyun was not to be dissuaded. Instead, he cupped Mino’s face, lowered his head and kissed him with a fierce passion that he could not deny. Mino sighed and gave in without hesitation. His mouth found Taehyun’s, exploring its trembling contours without any haste. Possessing them, as one hand twined in the soft feel of Taehyun’s hair, letting it slide through his fingers as they kissed. The other hand clasped Taehyun’s hip, pulling him closer as Mino’s lips parted his, his tongue delicately, sensuously probing his moist, inner sweetness.

He raised his head at last, looking down at Taehyun, pushing him down on the bed while planting a trail of kisses down the line of his neck and into the vulnerable hollow at its base, making his pulse leap and dance.

“You little minx. Don’t start what you can’t end.” Mino groaned softly.

Taehyun smiled at him seductively, “Want to bet?”

“You are going to regret this.” Mino gave a deliciously devilish smile.

His mouth then came down to meet Taehyun’s in a kiss that was blisteringly hot. Taehyun’s lips felt like fire as Mino plundered his mouth, his tongue sweeping against his, calling it into a y duel that made all of Taehyun’s senses sing with delight.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was the crack of dawn and two people are wrap in a blanket sitting at the balcony of a hotel room. The morning the light pitter-patter of the raindrops can be heard once again.

“I am cold.” Taehyun shievered slghtly.

Mino wrapped his arms around Taehyun and he immediately snuggled even closer to him. He settled his head at the crook of Mino’s head and Taehyun could smell the scent of his aftershave, something woodsy and clean, and a deeper, muskier smell underneath that was surely just Mino. The scent that was always so warm, comforting and safe.

Taehyun placed light butterfly kisses on Mino’s neck and felt him shiver. Their eyes meet and Mino lowered his head to meet Taehyun’s kissable lips. The soft brush of his lips across hiss was so exquisitely gentle that Taehyun’s defenses instantly crumbled. Slow and sweet, Mino’s mouth explored his in a sensual tasting that evoked a desperate yearning inside him for Mino to hold him close and never let him go.

Wrapping Taehyun tighter with his arms, Mino was the first to break their kiss. Deep in each other’s embrace, they looked out of their room window for the sunrise.

“I am sorry for being an lately.” Mino apologized.

“It is ok, I was a spoilt brat for a while now. So I guess we are even.” Taehyun shrugged.

Mino rolled his eyes at Taehyun’s blunt analogy. Mino then kissed the top of his head and lets out a sigh.

“Mino...”

“What?”

“It’s has always been you. No matter where I go, no matter what I do, it has always been you. Maybe at that time when I choose to go, the timing was not right but it has always been you and me right from the start. I realize that now. So thank you for waiting for me to grow up.” Taehyun explained honestly expressing his feelings.

Mino wrapped Taehyun in an even tighter embrace and kissed his head savoring the words and the meaning behind them.

“It is raining.” Mino murmured.

“It is ok, we do not really need the sunrise. I like the rain more.” Taehyun smiled as he looked out the window.

“I love you, Nam Taehyun.”

Taehyun turned around and faced the guy who had been waiting for him patiently while he took own time to grow up.

“And, I love you, Song Minho.”

Taehyun smiled the sweetest smile and Mino bent his head, kissing his smile with his own.

~~~~~~~~~~

The final chapter is up and another fic is finished! oh god i am so sad... i hope you all liked this bittersweet and slightly angsty fic... no silent readers please... see you on my next one!