Chapter 3

Love in the Rain

“Mino!” Taehyun’s cheerful voice sounded over the phone. “Let’s go for lunch together! Jungshin said he has got a new dish for me to try out.”

Mino was pretty tired after this morning’s wedding job and he was currently resting in his office at Serendipity, that he and Jihoon shared. However, a call from Taehyun and it was like he just took an energy drink.  They take wedding photos, celebration photos and even commercial photos. In fact, Mino, Jihoon and the company were making a name in both society and corporate events in Seoul. Mino takes care mostly of the people and celebration while Jihoon handles mostly commercial aspects. Hyeri helps put with the administration duties along with a few other assistants.

Mino told him he will pick him up about 45 minutes from now seeing how he still needed to lock off the office before he left. He was perfectly fine just to let Taehyun rattle away abut the little escapade he just came back from while he drove steadily to The Assembly. A little of business with pleasure but then Taehyun is a model so that was expected. The only thing Mino did not like to listen to but will still end up hearing was about his love life.

They arrived at The Assembly around 30 minutes after Mino picked him up.

“I am so glad noona is not here right now. She was pretty annoying this morning.”

“Well, it is her hormones talking… so”

“Jungshin!” Taehyun happily exclaimed his arrival.

“Yah! Nam Taehyun, I am talking” Mino could not help but to whine out loud.

“Mino don’t need to be jealous. I love you more anyways.”

Taehyun innocently delivered that while Mino just stood staring at his back, feeling stunned. Jonghyun and Yonghwa were within earshot just shook their heads knowingly. That was one of the reason why Jonghyun does not care so much for Taehyun. His sense of ignorance when it came to his brother, who worked hard to put food on their table since their father passed and mother remarried to America. Jonghyun loves his brother deeply but sometimes just wants to whack Mino so hard that he develops amnesia and forget about Taehyun even existing.

“Hey, Judo freak.”

Jonghyun could not help but rolled his eyes.

“Hey, eyebrows!”

“Both of you, please behave.” Yonghwa gave both of them a friendly warning.

All of them knew that Jonghyun and Taehyun do not really see eye to eye very much due to Mino. They do not hate each other but just do not like each other very much.

“Oh Taehyunie! You are here?” Jungshin stuck his head out.

Taehyun nudged Jonghyun out of the way and made his way to where Jungshin was.

“Jungshin, what is the new dish you were telling me about? Must be delicious! I am hungry!”

“Owww! Yah!” Jonghyun exlcaimed as he rubbed his arm.

Mino patted his brother on the shoulder and gave him a look to tell him that the conversation was over.

“Mino! Come and try this! It looks so so good!” Taehyun motioned for Mino to come over.

“Coming…”

Three weeks away from Jungshin was never good, his brother-in-law made really yummy awesome food. Taehyun looked up and saw Mino at the end of table talking with Yonghwa. Taehyun realized that Mino had lost weight the last time he saw him which was three weeks ago.

Taehyun was pretty upset with himself when it came to Mino. He always wondered why Mino bothered to put up with him. He was his first boyfriend but at that point in time, he felt trapped, wanted to spread his wings and see what the world had to offer. Selfishly, Taehyun did exactly that, at the expense of Mino. Yes, he admitted that he did date around and always seemed to make it sound as if it was more serious than it looks when he told Mino about them.

His last trip to Milan three weeks ago for a fashion show was like a revelation. Walking around the streets of Milan alone because his other model friends went to party and his roommate did not feel well. Without any warning, someone grabbed his bag and ran. In shock, he just stood there stunned but luckily for him, an old man used his cane to trip the thief and managed to help him retrieve his bag. After saying his thanks, he quickly dug into his to bag to make sure it was still there. The worn out ring that Mino gave him when they were still together. The one fashion item that was constant in his life.

It might have came 3 years later, but it struck him standing there in the middle of the busy streets of Milan, that there was no one or nothing in the world that can replace Mino because however far he went, it would be to him that Taehyun would always want to go home to at the end of the day.

Three years and three weeks later, here he was sitting in the same table as Mino. Except he was at the other end. It was like an ironic metaphor, so near yet so far.  Taehyun silently scolding himself for slipping just now, he should be more careful.

Why did Taehyun have to say such a thing. It had been 3 years already, why could he not move on. Perhaps Mino should go out with some random girl. Taehyun made him feel all tangled up inside. Yes, that was it. He would go out on a date with another girl. Taehyun was in that chirpy mood which meant he was hiding something and for once, Mino did not feel like he wanted to know at all.

“Mino…” Taehyun cooed.

Mino had that nagging feeling that he would not say no to whatever Taehyun wanted to tell him.

Taehyun had been trying to find a best way to tell Mino but unlike four years ago when they first started, things have really changed. That was why he had been trying to find a right moment. He needed to find that perfect moment to tell him.

Taehyun knew that Mino was still not too happy about last night when he just ran off like that but he was there to support Jinwoo because he promised Taehyun he would talk to Seunghoon. However, Taehyun really wanted to see Mino more than anything else.

“Why are you sitting so far away?”

“Hmmm…”

“Mino, come and sit next to me, I promise I will not bite.”

Thank god no one was around to hear this conversation going on.

“Fine, if you are not coming over then I will just go over to you!”

Taehyun slid off from his chair and made his way slowly and teasingly towards Mino. It used to be rather easy to do so but why did he have butterflies in his stomach now? Mino moved his chair back but Taehyun just kept moving towards him.

Why is Taehyun being like this?

“Mino, open your mouth. Faster!”

Looking at him, Mino gave an unsure look and slowly opened his mouth while Taehyun smiled as he shoved the taco into Mino’s mouth.

“It taste really good right?”

Taehyun smiled at him and continued to dig into the delicious spread on the table. Once in a while, he would turn to Mino and smiled or fed him with food.

“Taehyun?”

“Hmmm?”

“What is wrong?”

Taehyun froze in his seat. Was he so bloody obvious that Mino could tell just by looking at him?

“No. What makes you think something is wrong?” Taehyun shoved more food into his mouth, “Eat more, you look thin.”

“Mmmphhh...” Mino swallowed the food in his mouth, “Yah! Nam Taehyun! That is rude ok? Shoving food in my mouth.”

Mino grabbed him and tickled him. Taehyun try to get away by wriggling and attacking him back. Somehow or rather, the two person tickling each other got entangled and Mino fell on top of the Taehyun. More surprisingly was that their lips landed onto of each other.

It had been a while but Mino still remembered the sweet taste of his lips from the very first time he kissed Taehyun. Caught in the moment but instead of moving away, Mino began kissing him lovingly and deeply. Taehyun close his eyes savoring his kisses and put his arms around Mino’s neck while leaning up to deepen the kiss. Both desperately wanting to close the distance between each other without even realizing it.

The tinkling of the bell from the kitchen broke the moment and made them jump away from each other’s embrace. Both nervously anticipating the other’s reaction while their hearts beat loud enough that they are sure the other person can hear.

“Taehyun…” Mino began.

“Oh, this is so delicious right? I should go get more.” Taehyun got up from his seat.

Mino pulled him down and looked at him in the eyes.

“Nam Taehyun…”

Silence.

“I am sorry about just  now.”

“Oh! It is okay. Accidents happen right?”

Mino was disappointed with Taehyun’s response so he did not answer. Taehyun panicked. He did not want to give away his real feelings about how right it feels to be in his arms.

“Mino, it is just a kiss. It does not mean anything...”

More silence.

“Yes, it does not mean anything...” Mino answered adding a soft to you at the end.

Even though it was soft, but Taehyun heard it. “Mino.. I...”

Just at that moment, Yonghwa and Seohyun walked over to them.

“What’s up?”

“I have got to go.” Mino got up.

“Mino, I want to come as well.”

Taehyun grabbed his bag, wanting to explain further but he did not know how and where to begin. The hurt was inevitable in his eyes and in his voice as well.

“No, I got something I need to do so you just go back on your own.”

“But Mino…”

“No.”

“Mino…”

“I said No! Which part of No did you not understand?”

Taehyun was taken aback with his outburst and so was Yonghwa and Seohyun. Without another word or a glance, Mino stormed out of the place.

“What just happened?” Seohyun asked, she was the first one of time to asked something.

Yonghwa smartly maneuvered his wife to the kitchen, leaving the still shell-shocked Taehyun alone. From the time he knew Mino until then, Mino had never raised his voice at him. Recovering from the shock, Taehyun ran outside just in time to see Mino getting into his car and drove off. Taehyun was too late.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next few days, Mino was technically unreachable to Taehyun. He called him but Mino would tell him that he was busy. Taehyun tried to text him but there would no reply. He even tried to go to Hyeri or Jonghyun but still, Mino managed to avoid him like plague. Finally, when he could not take it any longer, Taehyun then stormed to Serendipity.

Mino was apparently not there but one of his assistants said that he was having lunch at a nearby by place which was just two blocks away from the office. Happily making his way over to the said café, Taehyun caught a glance at him and was about to wave. However, the assistant forgotten to mention that he was with someone, another girl. Taehyun stood outside watching as the two of them laughingly enjoyed their lunch and Taehyun thought he heard the sound of something breaking only to come to realization that it was his own heart that was breaking at that moment.

For the last few days, Mino had been purposely avoiding Taehyun. He would say that he as busy when he called or did not reply to any his texts. He felt he needed to come to terms with his feelings for Taehyun. Truth of the matter was, he was still in love with Taehyun but he did not realize the intensity of those feelings until they kissed. His heart still fluttered like crazy when their lips met and he wanted more, so much more. However, to see Taehyun brushed it off like it was nothing really hurt him deeply. He came to the conclusion that the sad truth of the matter hit him really hard. Mino would always be at the sidelines no matter what happened. He had to move on because it was time for him to.

The weird girl who so called professed her love to him came by the office to find him. Mino agreed to have lunch with her only because he felt that it would be the first step to moving on. There could be nothing with Lee Hi but it would not hurt for him to go on a date or two with her as long as she was not a psycho killer. Surprisingly, she was a quirky girl and he really enjoyed her company. They have been meeting up for lunch for the past few days. Apparently, she worked for her father’s office, which was just round the corner and was straightforward to tell him that she asked the bride and groom for his office address and information.

For a split second, Mino felt as though he saw someone who looked like Taehyun but there was a glare of light that caused him to look away. However, when he tried to look back, the person was gone.

“I had a great lunch.” Lee Hi smiled shyly as they were walking back to her office building.

“Me too.”

“Thanks for introducing me to this new place. One more place for me to have lunch.”

“No problem. i am glad you like the food.”

“Ermmm… Do you want to catch a movie sometime?”

Mino was just about to say no but he caught himself. He needed to keep an open mind he thought sadly to himself.

“Sure.”

“Really?!” Lee Hi jumped up and down like a little kid at a candy store.

“Yes.” Mino smiled and felt really good to say yes suddenly.

“Awesome! I will go check out the movie timings and we will arrange again?” Lee Hi said as though afraid that Mino might suddenly change his mind.

“Sure, just let me know the date and time.” Mino smiled and playfully ruffled her hair.

Lee Hi nodded and smiled again.

“Bye!”She waved happily at him.

“Bye.”

Mino turned to walk towards the other direction but he felt a tap on his arm so he turned back. Lee Hi gave him a peck on the cheek, smiled shyly and ran off into her building. Mino stood there, rooted to the spot feeling stunned.

What those two missed to notice was Taehyun, who was standing at one corner. He was waiting for a taxi to leave after he saw Mino but none of them stopped so he walked a bit further hoping for better luck. Then Taehyun saw the both of them walking towards an office building. He also saw them smiling at each other and the girl kissing him on the cheek. What really got to him was Mino smiled at the gesture. Willing for the pool of tears forming in his eyes to go away, Taehyun turned and walked the other direction.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi, chapter 3 is up for you to enjoy... I know Taehyun is a douche but he has his reasons... no silent readers please... i love to know your thoughts...