Chapter 7

Love in the Rain

Back to the present:

Mino was standing outside the restaurant waiting for Lee Hi when raindrops began to fall. He had been playing with his phone distractedly the whole day since his talk with Hyeri. Willing for it to ring or beep but at the same time relieved that it is not. It had been five days. Three days were their maximum time ‘away’ from each other. He miss Taehyun badly but he needed to move on or so he kept telling himself.

Taehyun was standing at the corner of a restaurant when it started to drizzle. His phone had been an extension of his hand for the past few days. Keying in that one number he know by heart and then erasing it as if by doing so, he could erase the feeling of hurt. It had been five days and he missed Mino like crazy. It was crazy but he had been drinking every night since that day when he saw him with her, hoping that it will dull that ache he felt in his chest. Taehyun wondered what was he doing right at that moment.  

The cold breeze blows and sends a chill through their bones. It was exactly like that 4 years ago when their story began…

~~~~~~~~~~

The pitter-patter sound of the raindrops can be heard clearly when it hit the roof and a couple could be seen running in the rain. The guy had his jacket over the girl and himself. They were laughing happily and their footsteps totally in sync with one another,

There was a familiar tug within their hearts as two pair of sad eyes followed the couple and their gazes met in the process.

Both of them gasped in surprise.

“Taehyun…”

“Mino…”

Mino was the one who made the first move and walked over, giving a sad smile to the one who will forever hold his heart while Taehyun looked lovingly at the guy who always took care of his.

“Waiting for someone?”

“Yes, meeting some friends for dinner. How about you, Mino?”

“Same here… I am meeting a friend for dinner as well.”

“I am sorry.” Both of them said the same sentence at the same time. They looked at each other and smiled.

It had always been like this when they fought, just this these 3 words and no other words required, they understood. They did not need any other explanation or words.

“Ermmm… Where have you been lately?” Mino asked as he gave a slightly warmer smile.

“Around.”

“Oh.”

“How about you, Mino?”

“Around also.”

“Okay.”

“I guess I will see you around then?” Mino said before turning to talk to the entrance of the restaurant.

Taehyun stood there feeling lost and hurt. What went wrong? Why is he treating me with indifference now? Taehyun thought to himself, desperate to mend that broken foundation.

“Mino.” Taehyun called out.

“Yes?” Mino turned.

“For old time sake, let’s go to Everland tomorrow?” Taehyun did not even know why he suggested that but it was the first thing and place that came to his mind.

“Everland?”

“Yes, it has been a long while.” Seeing Mino just made Taehyun wanted him more.

“I don’t know…”

“Please?”

Silence.

“I am sorry for whatever reason you are angry at me for. I really did not mean it. Please do not ignore me.”

Silence.

“Let’s just go and spend a happy day out and wipe away the sadness?”

Silence.

Dejected, Taehyun took his silence as a No.

“It is ok then. I understand. I will leave you alone then.”

It was raining but Taehyun did not care as he ran across the road narrowly missing an oncoming vehicle. He would rather be anywhere else than next to him looking like a total fool begging for forgiveness. Tears were threatening to fall as the light raindrops continued to hit him. He ran to the nearest shelter then someone grabbed his arms to turn him around.

“What are you doing?”

Taehyun came face to face with an angry pair of dark eyes.

“I believe it is none of your business.”

“Do you have a death wish of some sort?”

Taehyun could not help but to get angry at Mino.

“What is your problem?”

Silence.

“Oh so you are back to not talking again? Fine, have it your way then.”

Taehyun turned around and walked off. The pain was gnawing in his chest moving up the scale to being a dull ache.

“Wait.”

Taehyun ignored him and continued walking.

“I said wait.” Mino called out as he caught up with him.

“What do you want, Song Minho? If you are not talking then forget it.”

“I am sorry.”

“Fine, I have to go.”

“Okay, let’s go.”

“Let’s go?”

“Yes, let’s go Everland land tomorrow.”

“Why?”

“Like you said, let’s go have fun and wipe away the sadness.”

“You mean it?”

“Yes, I mean it.”

“Okay then.”

“I will pick you up at 8am tomorrow.”

“Okay.”

Mino then turned and walked away, leaving Taehyun standing there wondering what exactly went wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was not even the crack of dawn but Taehyun was up and about. He was definitely not an early riser. Perhaps it was because he was excited for their little date or outing whichever how they want to label this little meet up. He took extra care in selecting his clothes making sure he was not overdressed but not so casual that he look under dressed.

Mino pulled up to the driveway of Taehyun’s home and was surprised to see he was already waiting on the driveway. Mino was always the more punctual one between the both of them, making sure that they were on time for appointments when they were still together. Taehyun, well, he just followed where ever the wind took him to really.

“Good morning.”

“You are on time today.” Mino commented voicing out his surprise at seeing Taehyun actually being punctual.

“I am mostly on time, Mino”

Mino raised an eyebrow at him.

“Fine… Sometimes...”

“That is more like it.”

The rest of the journey was done in silence as though there was a huge dark cloud that was looming over the both of them.

“We are here!”

Even though the situation was currently grim with the both of them but Taehyun could not help but to feel excited. The excitement seemed to have rubbed off on Mino as he could not help but to smile at the way Taehyun was acting like a small cutely little boy.

“Let’s go!”

Taehyun grabbed Mino’s hand to pull him along. For a moment, Mino was stunned but regained shortly after seeing Taehyun’s excited expression and let himself be pulled by him.

Everland was the amusement to go for things exciting and fun almost all around the clock. Taehyun being the scaredy cat of between the both of them wanted to go on the mild rides while Mino wanted to ride some of the roller coaster including the T-Express which was the steepest roller coaster on wood. In the end, they decided to compromised came up with a list of rides to go on even though Taehyun was hesitant on some of Mino’s choices.  

After being thrashed and thrown about, they decided to head towards Caribbean Bay. Taehyun changed into a plain shirt and board shorts while Mino just changed into his pair of board shorts.

“Let’s go!”

Mino led himself be pulled along by the excited Taehyun but he could not take his eyes off him and just let them roam all over him. Taehyun was after all his personal angel. He used to call him angel when it was just them together but since they were no longer together, he felt that the right to call him that had been revoked. However, Taehyun will always be his angel.

They first went to try out the surf pool. Mino was already pretty good so he did not need much help. Taehyun needed a few more tries before he got the hang of it. It was hard for Mino to stay sullen not with a playful and excited Taehyun. They then went for a few of the water rides together by the time they wanted to have lunch, the atmosphere between them thawed and they were laughing happily making fun of each other.

They were unconsciously holding hands and Mino felt the tugging of his heartstring when he clasped Taehyun’s hands in his, savoring the way it feels to hold his hand in his.  They settled for a Spanish lunch at one of the many restaurants.

“Mino, open your mouth.” Taehyun turned to him waning to feed a piece of his prawns that he ordered.

Mino did the same with his ribs that he ordered.

“Oh, it tastes good.”

Throughout the whole meal, they just fed each other bit and pieces of the meal.

“I am so full.” Taehyun commented at he rubbed his non-existent tummy whereas  Mino  just lied on one of the beach chairs. Taehyun curled his hands into a circle and put them over his eyes to mimic a pair of binoculars.  At first, Taehyun was just looking at the sky but then he decided to turn his attention to Mino and focused on him instead.

Mino has gotten thinner and his face became more chiseled than the last time he saw him. Seeing how Mino has his eyes closed, it gave Taehyun the courage to go nearer to take a look. His fringe slightly covered his left eye and Taehyun suddenly had the rush to lightly brush it aside.  His eyelashes were long for a guy and he loved the slightly chubby cheeks when he burst out laughing. He traced the shape of Mino’s nose without touching him and his sight drifted down to the main focal point – his lips. Those lips that would suddenly go pouty at any given point in time totally gave a whole new meaning to the word kissing. Those lips were only inches away from him now. Taehyun wondered if he should go for it. Mino then sighed and shifted causing Taehyun to quickly jumped away.

As Mino lay with his head against the head rest and his eyes closed. A million of thoughts ran through his mind, trying to make sense of the day’s emotional turmoil. What does he want? What is going on inside that head of his? What am I doing? What can he do to me? Mino had always been  drawn to him just like a moth to a candle flame.

Mino felt some slight movement next to him, slowly he opened his eyes slight but he only saw Taehyun was intently looking at his… lips!?

“Sorry I must have dozed off.” Mino yawned.

“It is ok. Going back late last night and having to wake up early this morning would have contributed to you feeling tired.”

“Late last night?”

“Your date?”

“Oh no, we just had dinner and a short walk nearby then I sent her home. I slept around 10.30pm I think. If I remember correctly.” Mino answered sheepishly.

“Oh…” Taehyun tried to suppress his smiles.

“Let’s go before I fall asleep again.”

Mino got up and started walking while Taehyun was still seated at his bench looking dreamily at his back view feeling all giddy about what he said earlier. When Mino shouted his name, Taehyun quickly snapped out of his little daydream and ran after him and hooking his arm in Mino’s.

They continued on with their little time at Caribbean Bay trying out for most of the rides before going to the lazy pool to take a relaxing dip. They were laughing and teasing each other. After that, they decided to stroll around the area and took the tourist bus to visit the animal safari. Soon, it was getting dark and before they went back, they decided to stop quickly for dinner.

Dinner was eaten at the Korean barbeque restaurant where they had samgyeopsal, bulgogi and a few bottles of soju each.  The two of them were pretty tipsy by the time dinner was done and decided it was better stay the night instead of risking the drive home since it was going to be a long one. After informing their respective families that they would be staying the night at the resort, they slowly took a leisurely stroll to watch the night performance.

People were pushing and shoving so as to get a good spot for a better view of the performance so Taehyun stood pretty close to Mino to avoid getting lost. Right at that moment, someone pushed Taehyun causing him to fall into Mino’s arms. His arms automatically encircled Taehyun’s waist. Instead of moving away, Taehyun wrapped his arms around him and sank deeper into his embrace. As they watched the streams of lights and fireworks shooting a myriad of colors above their heads, Mino moved to rest his chin against Taehyun’s shoulder and gently gave a few light butterfly kisses on his shoulder blades. Taehyun slowly turned so that he faced him.

Perhaps it was the magic of the air or it could be from the effects of the soju from their dinner earlier that pushed them to show their feelings and affections without restrain. Whatever it was, it certainly did not matter. It gave Mino the courage to lean forward and kissed Taehyun softly on the lips but with the slight hesitation. Taehyun wound his arms around his neck, deepening the kiss and they kissed like as though they were lovers kissing for the very first time since like forever. As Mino broke the kiss, Taehyun took his hand gently and moved through the crowd. The walk back to their room was a quiet one as though they were afraid that one word and the spell between them would be broken.

The door close and Mino stood looking at Taehyun who was leaning against the door. With a longing look in his eyes, Mino slowly made his way towards him. He trapped Taehyun against the door with his two hands on each side of him. Taehyun did not falter but kept on looking at him straight in the eye. Bending to taste his white satin throat, he heard Taehyun’s quicken his breathe and Mino’s passion to have him seem to intensify. For an instant he paused, it was like the lull before the storm.

“My angel.”

The electric moment seem to intensify then he took Taehyun’s mouth, kissing him while his back was against the wall while his arms wound around Mino. him palms spreading against the damp curve of his spine.

Mino’s kisses both enticed and seduced. As soon as their mouths fused, a devastating weakness almost shook and buckled Taehyun’s knees beneath him. A frisson of alarm slid down his spine, a warning that told Taehyun he had no defenses where Mino was concerned. His lips parted beneath that sensual assault, and Mino lifted him against his body while Taehyun use the slight height difference to wrap his legs around his waist.

Mino slowly put him down on the bed gently and his eyes drank in Taehyun’s wide brown eyes, the flushed cheeks and the kiss-bruised lips and he felt a pulse begin to flicker at his temple. Mino bend down and began to kiss him again as Taehyun wound his arms around his neck like some y kind of cobra as they sank deep into the softness of the bed.

Together they came, skin against skin, warmth against warmth, heartbeat against heartbeat, they did not think they could possibly ever want anything more. This intimacy, and closeness, connection as they had never known it. Together like this, they felt whole, just like two lovers finally coming home to each other.

The light pitter-patter of the rain can be heard softly throughout the night while they lay entangled in each other's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~

hihi the next chapter is up... hope you all will enjoy... let me know your thougths... no silent readers please...