On the Raining Day

Crusty Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crusty Love

People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered. Love then anyway.

- Mother Teresa

Chapter 3 On the Raining Day

 

In the weekend class, the rain suddenly came, getting heavier and heavier. The math teacher tried to volume up his high tone in his explanation against the rain sound. Most of the students were deep sleepy caused of the weather, but the two best friends Tiff and Jess were completely sleeping in the class.

The class ended, the two girls were awaked by classmates to leave. Tiff shook her eyes messily before she could hear a tone of her phone’s message. She checked it, seeing the text from her boyfriend. He was waiting for her in the car in front of the college.

“Jessie, Nickhun is picking me up. Do you want to go with us? I guess the rain will never stop easily.” She asked her friend, while preparing her books in the bag. Jessica knew it shouldn’t the time she had to bother this couple, so she waved her head to reject it. Tiff frowned curiously but she said nothing. Sometimes, Jessica might want her own time to be alone. So she decided to leave with Nickhun.

Jessica stood in front of the building, watching the rain and people left one by one.

“Stupid rain, I don’t want to get wet. When it’s gone?” she griped annoyingly, feeling a little regret not to follow her friend.

“Yes Mom? You are here to pick me up? Okay I got it..” another familiar voice was at her back. Jessica just realized that there wasn’t only her here but another guy. She turned back, facing to Luhan’s eyes connect to hers. He was about to hung up his phone, and another hand was holding an umbrella.

“You haven’t left yet?” she cooed as raising an eye brow.

“……… I am leaving now… my mom is coming to take me..” his tone was frozen like talking to the stranger. Maybe Jessica was already the stranger to him since he had never mentioned her as a friend.

The weather was cold, so it wasn’t weird if his tone was cold too. But what she was wondering now, how come his face was dry while the raining was being deep?

Jessica was enough with what how he acted to her now, so she decided to make unfriendly face to him back. She watched Luhan leaving madly, not missing to curse that guy secretly in her mind too.

What a cold guy! How come he left her like this? He should have been gentleman and asked her if he could take her home; yet, he did nothing. Moreover, giving her the dry face and cold word.

“Stupid Luhan… He was exactly born from the stone. He doesn’t have any feeling of human being.” She cursed him softly as letting only herself to hear it.

Suddenly the same guy who she had cursed ran back with the same umbrella to her place. At the moment, Jessica couldn’t hold on her smile anymore and apologized to her curse to him in a few past minutes. Xi Luhan wasn’t bad at all. He still came back to her. Maybe he wanted to ask her home? That made her small giggle came up.

Luhan stood in front of her, staring through her eyes and sending a cold line. He said nothing but just picked up her hand and put his umbrella’s stalk in hers. And then, he just left again by running across the heavy raindrops to his mother’s car.

“He is also cute…” that made a small smile on her face again with his cute action to her. Even he hadn’t planned to take her home; it was enough to give her an umbrella. That meant that he also noticed her in his eyes too.  

As soon as she got the umbrella from him, she decided to leave the school, across the falling rain. She walked herself all along and passed by many night streets since she couldn’t even find a taxi. There were less people who walked out in the city with this time now, so Jessica felt like if she walked in the ghost village in the story.

Slowly, she saw a pancake store where was on the street side, steaming the pancakes with some good smell smoke. The seller was smiting and making uncooked pancakes busily.

Jessica blinked her both eyes innocently, feeling her stomach was crying out for she hadn’t eaten anything since the class had started. Instead of standing alone like a stone in the rain, she made her move to that store in order getting some pancakes to fill her hunger.

“Ahjussi, package 4 pancakes for me.” She told him in low tone, leaving her eyes on the 4 pancakes in the steaming pot.

“Sorry Miss. Four of them are sold. Would you mind to wait for the next round for a moment? I gonna to steam them now.” The seller told her gently, started placing the pancakes in the pot for the second round.

“Who bought them? I saw they were still here… Ahjussi please share them to me..” she begged, trying to act cute to him and wishing if he responded his pity to her back.

“But that guy is here..” the seller threw his glare to the man who was at his back. He was sitting on the street side, and eating a few pancakes in his mouth hungrily. No different from the beggar though.

Jessica raised her eyes brow surprisingly after seeing that guy. He was her crush, Kris. Of course, the one who was the star in her college, he was always handsome every moment in front of people. Unfortunately, this Kris looked really like a poor guy who hadn’t eaten anything for months already.

“Should I take your photo and post on Instagram?” she with a joke question and small giggle. Kris realized that he was looked by a familiar girl, raising his head to connect with the eye line of that girl. Suddenly he almost coughed up his pancake in his mouth, feeling embarrassed with this girl. He quickly walked his finger around to find the water bottle, drinking it to let stuff pass his throat before he could say something. Jessica laughed at him in her mind, still seeing if he was really a cute guy.

“Mind your own business. Don’t dare to bother my story.” He began a high unpleased word to her again.

“You already had a few pancakes in your hands, still you wanted another in the pot. This is what I mind. Could I have them? I guess you can’t eat them all. Don’t waste money. Please share some to me. ” She slowly made her tone innocent, trying to avoid his argument.

“I have money. I want to buy whatever I want.” Exactly his word was really rude as Jessica got tired it too. She may give up on the pancakes because she knew she couldn’t win his stubbornness. If there was another girl to ask for them from him, he would have been pleased. Unfortunately, she was the one who he hated the most. Did he need to care it?

She stared at Kris again, releasing her tired sound of breathe and making her leave. The rain kept coming more and more, but it didn’t make she feel colder than Kris’s word.

“Jung Sooyeon!” A running man came after her, across the rain. He was hugging a packaging of pancake in his chest, trying to hide it from the rain. The girl under umbrella, frowned as a string for being the first time, he came to her first. Kris stopped himself to stay under the same umbrella with her, pushing those pancake to another empty hand of hers including giving her a dry face of him too.

“What are they for?” she blinked at him, secretly being happy with his first kindness to her.

“I’m bored to wait for the rain stop. I gave them for exchanging you to let walk me home under your umbrella.” Although it seemed like a begging request, he still acted cool to save his price. Jessica just noticed his wet hair and clothes. It was like he got wet already.

“You are sure to stay with me since you hate me that much..?” she again, but she receive his ignorance. They just walked home together silently like a mute couple. However, the girl seemed enjoying that time so much. She could be next to her crush even no talking at all. That was enough for her. She looked at the rain which she had blamed for a moment in different way. Secretly thank it for coming today. She received Luhan’s care and Kris’s first kindness (it was pretended as kindness) in the same day. What if it rained every day?

“You are always around former members of Exo.” That was Kris’s beginning after a long hiatus conversation. His face was white pale for touching the cold of raindrop, rolling his eyes improbably.

Jessica raised her eyes brow, misunderstanding what he was trying to talk.

“Where is your referent?” asked she, kept walking slowly and waiting for his respond. She really loved to glare at his mouth when he started talking. That was so y.

“You followed me before, didn’t you? You acted like you had a big crush on me deeply. But you moved your interest to my former member in Exo. I guess, this is what you liked truly.” He responded coldly, trying to avoid her eyes as turning his face to another side.

“Who? -_-” seriously she didn’t know if Luhan had been Exo. That why she couldn’t get all his meaning.

“Don’t pretend like you know nothing. It’s Xi Luhan… You are trying to chase him like you did to me? I guess so. Girls these days shouldn’t be trusted at all. I heard that your ex friends hated Exo much and the reason you rejected me because of it so. After I left, you come to chase me to against that group, don’t you? You felt hard to get me, so you decided to change your plan to Luhan; a friend of mine who left after me. ” He pouted, rolling his eyes up to the umbrella. He seemed including all the whole story became a topic of her badness. It might be a reason, he hated her, feeling like he was being fooled.

“Luhan was Exo? I didn’t know that..” she murmured, letting the tall guy hear it softly too. She just understood his confused reason for now. Moreover, she was little surprised when Luhan was mentioned as a former Exo. She just realized that Tiff also had mentioned it too but she hadn’t noticed it at all. Since her eyes was full only Kris, she never knew about the others.

“…………” Kris looked up, sending his nonsense glare to her innocent eyes. She didn’t l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter