004

The Book of Peace

 

Sun-Hee and Suho were headed towards the palace gates where a fight had broken out between some guards and an unknown figure. Or, at the very least, it was what she thought a fight looked like. Coming closer, she could make out four guards, practically clogging the entrance in an attempt to prevent an intruder from entering the palace grounds.

“Let me through!” The intruder growled, clawing at the guards. Once Sun-hee had reached the guard she was finally able to see the girl in full. She was a rare creature indeed; in fact it was the very first time Sun-Hee had even seen one in person. She had only ever seen Anima in her textbooks. From what she remembered was that Anima were normal people, just blessed with an animal spirit. One was either born with it, or in very rare cases a near death experience could cause the animal spirit to surface and save the human vessel. Once attaining the animal spirit, the vessel would then adapt the characteristics of the animal. Usually one distinct feature would always remain on the body while one could hide the rest and “summon” when needed. All who had an anima spirit also gained a tattoo on their body, one symbolizing their animal.

The girl had beautiful brown hair, the same chocolate shade that Sehun had, cut in a short bob that fell to her neck. Small catlike ears sat atop her head and her face was covered in what looked like tiger stripes. Her green cat eyes gave Sun-hee shivers down her spine.

“Give him back!” She hissed, using her claws to scratch at the barrier of guards.

“Stop!” Sun-hee called, and both parties immediately paused in order to turn around. The girl however saw the opportunity and launched herself forward in an attempt to get past the guards.. The guards, however, were faster and snatched her shirt, pulling her back. She hissed angrily as she tripped backwards before falling to the ground.

“Just give him back!”

“Who are you looking for?” Sun-Hee asked, trying to be reasonable. The girl turned to look at Sun-Hee, rage evident in her eyes as she bared her sharp canines. .

“I want my brother back,” The girl spat, her temper getting worse by the second.

“Your broth- Might you happen to be Oh Sehun’s sister?” She asked, remembering the boy had talked about needing to get back to his sister.

“Yes I am, and I want him back. NOW!”

“Alright, I know where he is. Come with me please,” Sun-Hee said as the girl pushed passed the guards to join the oracle.

 

*****

 

“Sehun!”

“Jade!” The two siblings reunited was a sight to behold. Jade looked like she was going to burst into tears once her eyes were locked onto Sehun as if she really thought she would never see him again. The girl had wrapped her arms around the boy protectively as he did the same. Her tiger like additions were gone, but the girl still looked cat-like and scary. Sun-hee made a mental note that she should probably not mess with her. The two obviously had a very good relationship and Sun-Hee couldn’t help but feel a bit bitter towards the affection, seeing as she would never get to see her brother ever again. She coughed, trying to make her presence known but the two didn’t pay attention. She rolled her eyes, sighing almost dramatically as she spoke up.

“Sorry to ruin the moment, but I still need an answer from Sehun.”

“I don’t know what you asked, but the answer is no. Now if you’ll excuse us, I will be taking Sehun home.” Jade spat, attempting to pull Sehun away with a firm grasp on his wrist. Sun-Hee quickly moved to guard the door.

“Wait! You don’t even know what’s happening!” Jade quickly pushed Sehun behind her and put her hands up protectively, as if Sehun was incapable of taking care of himself.

“Like I said. We. Are. Leaving.” She hissed. Sun-Hee could see her sharp teeth making an entrance again.

“Listen here anima, you don’t know what’s happening,” Sun-Hee narrowed her eyes at the girl, ready for a fight even though it was obvious that she would probably lose. It still didn’t hurt to be a little aggressive, She wasn’t just about to let an over protective sister take away one of her guardians. Jade scoffed in response.

“Does it look like I care? Since when has Aka ever cared about us trash in Delcha?” She spat with venom leaking from her words as she pronounced trash with such hatred. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I will be leaving with my brother.” She once again tried to drag Sehun away, but was stopped; this time, by Sehun himself.  

“Wait.” he said, drawing a confused look from his sister. “I’m not leaving. I-I’m going with her.”