003

The Book of Peace

Sun-Hee found herself once again in Sunggyu’s office going over her action plan and doing a double check of all of her items.

 

“....and that’s that!” She nodded, proud of her plan as she turned to smugly look over at Sunggyu. The prophet on the other hand, looked bored out of his mind as he attempted to balance a pen on his finger. Her glare went unnoticed by the male.

 

“Well, alright then.” He yawned, dropping the pen, clearly bored of that as well. She frowned and crossed her arms.

 

“Did you even pay attention to what I said?” She grumbled, pointing to the posters she spent the last couple hours on just to look professional. “Sunggyu!”

 

“Aish! Alright, alright! I think it’s a fine plan Sun-Hee, your brother would be proud.” He gave her a small eye smile, placing a comforting hand over her shoulder. She in return smiled at the praise.

 

“Tha-” A knock on the door cut her off, causing both of them to turn around.

 

"Oracle Sun-Hee?" A guard called for her, requesting the young girl. He sat on one knee in the doorway, his right arm crossed over his heart while his left arm lay idle behind his back.

 

"Yes?" she asked, slightly annoyed that she was being interrupted from her meeting.

 

"We believe we have found another guardian."

 

*******

 

The guard had lead Sun-Hee to Dongwoo’s office which was currently empty as the male in question was busy dealing with some international affairs after the party. Instead of the prophet she found a brown haired, wide eyed boy sitting at the desk. He looked at her with confusion as he tilted his head to the right, adding to his boyish charm. Sun-Hee guessed he was only a few years younger than she.

 

“Are you going to tell me what’s going on?” The boy asked, obviously annoyed with the situation and wanted nothing more than to leave. “Oooh, what’s this?” He asked, pointing to a large globe that spun around rapidly when he pushed on it. Sun-Hee frowned. Dear god- Please tell me he isn’t actually a guardian’ she begged, not sure if she could deal with the childish boy at all. She knew it was no use in asking though. She noticed the amulet wrapped around his neck and without a doubt, it was the emblem of the guardians. The symbol of air.

 

“First, let me introduce myself. I am Nam Sun-Hee. Oracle of the guardians.”

 

“Guardian of the who what now?” He asked, not looking at her as he played with some pens. “Alright, I’m Oh Sehun. Boy wonder,” he gave her a goofy smile, acting like his joke was hilarious. She looked at him with a look of concern.

 

“Do you have any idea who the guardians are? You know? The 12 fierce males who will protect the world if and when it is in danger? Those guardians?” Sun-Hee asked, praying he knew something otherwise it would be quite the history lesson when he finds out he’s a reincarnation.

 

“Ooooooh,” he said, his mouth in the shape of an O as he put the pens away. “Yeah, my grandfather used to tell me stories when I was a kid. But that’s about all I know,” He shrugged, placing his chin in the palm of his hand as he begun to stare at her “What does this have to do with me though? The guard told me to follow him, so I did. Although, I should probably go- my sister is probably looking for me.”

 

“Look kid, this is important and I’m only going to say this once so you better listen.” Sun-Hee huffed, slamming her hand on to the table in an irritated manner. She had just about had it with this kid despite only knowing him for a total of two minutes and she was going to get straight to the point. “You were blessed with the powers of the wind no?” Sehun looked up this time, his expression drastically changing to one of shock.

 

“H-how did you-”

 

“Know? Simple, I am the Oracle. It’s the amulet around your neck. The symbol tells me you are the one of the wind.” Sehun stopped playing around as he adopted a serious expression. He didn’t say anything though, it was like he was in deep thought and debating an idea.

 

“Okay, what if I am this guardian you say I am. What exactly do you want me to do?”

 

“Well, I don’t know if news have spread out to the other cities but the book of peace has been stolen. That kind of information in the wrong hands-”


“Can cause an apocalypse, yeah I get it, but what do you want with me?” Sehun emphasized on the last word and Sun-Hee sighed.


“You’re a guardian, only you can help us now. I need your help.” The boy raised his eyebrow, debating his options and what he should do. Should he go with this stranger? Did he believe her? As strange as everything sounded, he somehow found himself believing her. There was something tugging at his soul, telling him this was the right thing to do. Sehun stayed silent for five minutes, unable to ignore the strange feeling in his heart.

 

“I’ll g-” Before he could finish his sentence, Suho barged into the room a worried expression etched on his face.

 

“Sorry to bother you but, there’s a commotion outside.” Sun-hee sighed, running her hand down her face. Could she go one day without running into an issue? She hadn’t even technically started her journey, yet everything seemed to be going downhill.

 

“Sehun, stay here. I’ll be back.” He didn’t have time to say okay, or argue, as Sun-Hee ran out of the door leaving him alone with his thoughts.